Options

[Cyberpunk 2077] Delisted on PSN in 2020, post-final release pushed back 57 years

• Options
    DirtmuncherDirtmuncher Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    I guess there is more game after the biochip quest, so I should go ahead and do it?

Man I hope you don't mean The Heist. If you do, god damn is there more game.

The actual "point of no return" is utterly unmissable. There's an actual prompt/popup saying "HEY GUESS WHAT THIS IS".

Yeah.. "The Heist" is when the game world opens up and you actually start playing the meat of the quests...

Some things would be clearer if they had called act 1 the tutorial or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    For the crafted thing above there's also some weird multipliers that seem to only take place properly after equipping and leaving menu?

I have a stupid stupid SO STUPID pulsar. That for some reason will show 800 some DPS after first crafting and mmodding out.

But then unequip, re-equip, leave menu, come back it shows the proper 1400.

Also the damage mods are way better than they look.

First you can craft higher rank ones that do more than 5 damage.

Second, some weird calculations start happening and they stack weird. I have 2 on my pulsar that are showing +52 damage right now.

Not like any of that matters though as the gun goes full auto, through walls and deals 15K+ damage per hit. Or 60-70k per headshot. And I'm not even level 50. And technically still have perks that increase damage by 30% and 25% that I haven't gotten...

I can shoot any enemy in the toe through a wall a mile away on very hard and it will one shot them. With a full auto handgun..

Anyway yea this game is rad. 100 hours now. Might be finished this weekend though which is sad. Especially since the Delamain quests broke in my game and I really wanted to do those. But hey, I guess I can save them for the expansions when they come out!

• Options
    XagarXagar Registered User regular
    I think I'm done with this game after hundreds of hours, a twelve million damage headshot has satisfied me.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I've decided that the real endgame lies in fashion and the photo mode.

Rather than resize them I've just thrown my favorites into an imgur gallery.

• Options
    Snake GandhiSnake Gandhi Des Moines, IARegistered User regular
    I finally sat down and beat it over the holidays. I found the ending (at least the one I got) to be much like the rest of the game, mediocre and messy.

Currently no plans to be replaying it anytime soon. Maybe when they eventually clean it up and bring out some DLC I'll try it again.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    . . . mediocre and messy.

Comments like this make me wonder if we're playing the same game. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    I've decided that the real endgame lies in fashion and the photo mode.

Rather than resize them I've just thrown my favorites into an imgur gallery.

The true endgame of all games is fashion.

• Options
    yossarian_livesyossarian_lives Registered User regular
    So there’s a super awesome legendary crafting spec for a smart shotgun that you can only get after beating the game. End game spoilers below:
    After beating the game and reloading you get rewards plus whatever legendary items you looted, like Rogue’s gun. This also includes the acess card you got from Adam Smasher’s body. So after loading your game from before the point of no return, head back to the Ebunike, it’s the second north most fast travel point. Then head to the back of the ship. Open the door via the access card and loot the box behind Adam Smasher’s desk. It’s a very powerful weapon and the room’s cool too!

"I see everything twice!"

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    So there’s a super awesome legendary crafting spec for a smart shotgun that you can only get after beating the game. End game spoilers below:
    After beating the game and reloading you get rewards plus whatever legendary items you looted, like Rogue’s gun. This also includes the acess card you got from Adam Smasher’s body. So after loading your game from before the point of no return, head back to the Ebunike, it’s the second north most fast travel point. Then head to the back of the ship. Open the door via the access card and loot the box behind Adam Smasher’s desk. It’s a very powerful weapon and the room’s cool too!

I didn't get anything from that body because he died on an upper level and post-fight it disabled the jump ability. This is cool though.

• Options
    Just play the ending again if you’ve got time.

• Options
    DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    I wish that completing an ending unlocked stuff for subsequent playthroughs as well. As it is, to get any use out of them it seems like you'd want to blitz the endings and then do side content with your unlocks, which is...not how I want to play video games.

I also wish I got to keep the clothes I got in the secret ending but those didn't seem to carry over. So, you get to wear them in like two scenes. Cool.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'm thinking I'm going to slowly go through this to get one ending, then leave it until they fix it and get the next gen versions out, by when I'm guessing NG+ will have been added.
    I just need to make this last for two weeks, then I can bury myself in Hitman 3 for months.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    I wish that completing an ending unlocked stuff for subsequent playthroughs as well. As it is, to get any use out of them it seems like you'd want to blitz the endings and then do side content with your unlocks, which is...not how I want to play video games.

I also wish I got to keep the clothes I got in the secret ending but those didn't seem to carry over. So, you get to wear them in like two scenes. Cool.
    I got to keep most of my stuff, including a bitchin jacket. Didn’t do that specific ending though.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I found that the game became way too easy way too fast. Nothing scales with you, so if you just keep doing content, everything just sorta stops being a threat, other than falling off a dumpster wrong and instantly flatlining. The point of no return was a bit of a slideshow for me, so I just sprinted in circles firing my smart shotgun vaguely in the right direction until everything stopped twitching.

My ending
    I went with Johnny and my best iron, didn't want to put Panam at risk over a longshot. When Alt gave me the facts, I went with my gut and told Johnny to take the body. It wasn't altruism or anything, I just felt that living on as an AI was the best consolation prize I was going to get. Which, cool, I like that choice, I can see why people would take the body, but 6 months or digital immortality, I'm taking the immortality.

What I didn't like was the epilogue. Cool, Johnny is less of a shit now, that's great, but I barely care. That's Johnny's problem. I kept waiting for digital V to call up Panam, or a couple shots of my mind navigating a new existence. I guess the point is that I'm Johnny now, maybe? The digital me isn't me, it's out there doing whatever but it's not me? I dunno, but sad Johnny just shitting up my affairs was a real bummer.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    I cut the quality down. Spoilers for Judy's plot line.
    3mdlgc2fryz2.gif

This killed me. I so so wanted to do something else. She's there, sitting alone on a dock and I can't do anything else right then as it was after talking to her there. She seems so sad and alone and troubled by everything.

I haven't finished the ending so I don't know where exactly it'll go after this but right then made the eyes dusty.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    EspantaPajaroEspantaPajaro Registered User regular
    All them victims families pooled together to hire someone who can give this director Koch the cordial greeting she deserves . You know the kind SUPER CORDIAL , to show they REALLY CARE.

The master of subtlety everyone , Dino Dinovic.

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Went into the gun store by Arasaka tower and there was a couple corpo types smoking out front, a guy and a girl. The guy was talking about how something was okay but he wasn't really feeling it or whatever (I thought he was talking about music because he happened to be wearing headphones). The woman then said something along the lines of how she knows a guy that can take them homeless hunting. He asked, "What about the cops?" and she laughed and said they don't give a shit about some dead meatsacks.

So I went into the store and bought out the crafting supplies I was there for, then walked outside and blew her head off and jumped off the building to escape from the cops.

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    I found that the game became way too easy way too fast. Nothing scales with you, so if you just keep doing content, everything just sorta stops being a threat, other than falling off a dumpster wrong and instantly flatlining. The point of no return was a bit of a slideshow for me, so I just sprinted in circles firing my smart shotgun vaguely in the right direction until everything stopped twitching.

My ending
    I went with Johnny and my best iron, didn't want to put Panam at risk over a longshot. When Alt gave me the facts, I went with my gut and told Johnny to take the body. It wasn't altruism or anything, I just felt that living on as an AI was the best consolation prize I was going to get. Which, cool, I like that choice, I can see why people would take the body, but 6 months or digital immortality, I'm taking the immortality.

What I didn't like was the epilogue. Cool, Johnny is less of a shit now, that's great, but I barely care. That's Johnny's problem. I kept waiting for digital V to call up Panam, or a couple shots of my mind navigating a new existence. I guess the point is that I'm Johnny now, maybe? The digital me isn't me, it's out there doing whatever but it's not me? I dunno, but sad Johnny just shitting up my affairs was a real bummer.

Epilogue
    Johnny may have mellowed, but he's still asshole Johnny, so him immediately ghosting your friends and running off to get a sex change (female V) to start his new life wasn't that surprising. Like a parent, I wasn't mad, just disappointed.

As for your new digital existance, Johnny points out that Alt really isn't Alt anymore, she's something else wearing Alt's face. I suspect the same goes for you. Whatever you are now is not V so much as some new, possibly unknowable, entity that just incorporates V's memories. As such, I think it's best left up to the imagination on what that existance looks like. And since you now exist behind the Blackwall, you probably don't have any recognizable way to contact the real world if you wanted to.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

My ending

Epilogue
    Johnny may have mellowed, but he's still asshole Johnny, so him immediately ghosting your friends and running off to get a sex change (female V) to start his new life wasn't that surprising. Like a parent, I wasn't mad, just disappointed.

As for your new digital existance, Johnny points out that Alt really isn't Alt anymore, she's something else wearing Alt's face. I suspect the same goes for you. Whatever you are now is not V so much as some new, possibly unknowable, entity that just incorporates V's memories. As such, I think it's best left up to the imagination on what that existance looks like. And since you now exist behind the Blackwall, you probably don't have any recognizable way to contact the real world if you wanted to.
    I don’t even think you’re not-V. You basically become one of Alt’s subroutines.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Syngyne wrote: »

My ending

Epilogue

Pretty much but

Delamain quest spoilers
    weren’t his subroutines the ones that became sentient ? It’s a fun scenario to think about

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options

My ending

Epilogue

Pretty much but

Delamain quest spoilers
    weren’t his subroutines the ones that became sentient ? It’s a fun scenario to think about

re: Delamain
    I think Alt has her shit together much more than Delamain did when he fragmented. If you merge all his fragments together, he completely changes.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options

My ending

Epilogue

Kind of depends on what it means to be a "part of" an AI in their cyberspace. I don't think it necessarily precludes some form of sentience on the subroutine's part when you start imagining AI "minds" at that scale of complexity.

• Options
    The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    The whole blackeall thing weirds me out since presumably if netwatch had the resources they could host go around physically disconnecting stuff in the real world, leaving the AI isolated or dead.

I feel like I just be missing something. Ah well.

Also how non-implemented the cops are really annoys me. You can't even quickhack them! It's dumb. And they're so trigger happy over the slightest things, like running past with a weapon drawn, executing little with bounties on them or accidentally running civvies over.

... I'm pretty sure my V is actually a high functioning Cyberpsycho, but anyway.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    I'm so glad the forums are back ^.^ here's what I've been wanting to tell all of you since, what, the 23rd?

You can get the best car in the game in the best color for free at level 11.

https://youtu.be/xkDYIU9ah6M

Also if you go around and make 21,000 before you talk to Vic the first time and just pay him he makes no mention of it and you just auto-complete the quest to pay him. O.o

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    The whole blackeall thing weirds me out since presumably if netwatch had the resources they could host go around physically disconnecting stuff in the real world, leaving the AI isolated or dead.

Also how non-implemented the cops are really annoys me. You can't even quickhack them! It's dumb. And they're so trigger happy over the slightest things, like running past with a weapon drawn, executing little with bounties on them or accidentally running civvies over.

... I'm pretty sure my V is actually a high functioning Cyberpsycho, but anyway.

I think the idea is that literally everything is so connected and the AI's are spidered into it all, you can't just "pull the plug" without the whole society collapsing and people dying in the streets. Plus the Blackwall isn't Netwatch's doing. They just take credit for it. Best they can do is try to stop people from messing with it.

SiliconStew on
  • Options
    thatassemblyguythatassemblyguy Janitor of Technical Debt .Registered User regular
    Chance wrote: »
    I'm so glad the forums are back ^.^ here's what I've been wanting to tell all of you since, what, the 23rd?

(snip)

Also if you go around and make 21,000 before you talk to Vic the first time and just pay him he makes no mention of it and you just auto-complete the quest to pay him. O.o

@Chance - Yessss

(in the spoilers)

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/43197141/#Comment_43197141

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular

(snip)

@Chance - Yessss

(in the spoilers)

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/43197141/#Comment_43197141

I know lol >.< I love it.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options

I always make it a point to pay Vic back before progressing the story at all. In House V, a Cyberpunk always pays their debts.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Random curiousity question, not sure if this is a bug on my end or in general.

Has anyone else noticed that clothing stores in City Center not offering any of the good stuff?

Supposed to be the best clothing stores in the game but they have never had any of the legendary crafting specs they are supposed to have in my game. Heck they have never even had a legendary piece of equipment.

I even tried resetting Jinguchi a good 20 times in a row. Not a single crafting spec of any kind or a single orange piece of gear ever showed up once. Which makes it feel like it has to be a bug at that point. Just a little sad because I wanted some of the crafting specs they are meant to have.

Anyone else had this issue?

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I guess there is more game after the biochip quest, so I should go ahead and do it?

The actual "point of no return" is utterly unmissable. There's an actual prompt/popup saying "HEY GUESS WHAT THIS IS".

Yeah.. "The Heist" is when the game world opens up and you actually start playing the meat of the quests...

Some things would be clearer if they had called act 1 the tutorial or something.

Right, but
    then it wouldn't be a surprise, now would it?

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

Right, but

I dunno, the fact that you're locked into one region of a giant map should be some indication.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

Right, but

Act 1
    What surprise?

• Options
    Random curiousity question, not sure if this is a bug on my end or in general.

Has anyone else noticed that clothing stores in City Center not offering any of the good stuff?

Supposed to be the best clothing stores in the game but they have never had any of the legendary crafting specs they are supposed to have in my game. Heck they have never even had a legendary piece of equipment.

I even tried resetting Jinguchi a good 20 times in a row. Not a single crafting spec of any kind or a single orange piece of gear ever showed up once. Which makes it feel like it has to be a bug at that point. Just a little sad because I wanted some of the crafting specs they are meant to have.

Anyone else had this issue?
    I think this is a new bug from the last patch. There are reports of people advancing time by weeks and nothing showing up in stores. My second play through I haven’t gotten many of the legendary specs yet for this reason.

• Options
    Space PickleSpace Pickle Registered User regular
    Honestly I thought the tutorial should have been the time Jackie and V spent together after the failed car robbery, doing jobs with T-Bug and working your way up the foodchain to get a job from Dexter. Instead of a montage.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Honestly I thought the tutorial should have been the time Jackie and V spent together after the failed car robbery, doing jobs with T-Bug and working your way up the foodchain to get a job from Dexter. Instead of a montage.

I would not be surprised if it was originally supposed to be...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

Right, but

Act 1
    What surprise?
    Being lightly killed and stuff?

• Options

Except if you make that process have any real length then it's no longer a tutorial, it's just the game. And if you make it too short, then are players going to get the proper impression that V and Jackie really have worked for a long while together and became good friends? Because "I ran 3 quick missions with this stranger and now his mother is inviting me to dinner" wouldn't quite do it for me.

• Options
    edited January 2021

I think the idea is that literally everything is so connected and the AI's are spidered into it all, you can't just "pull the plug" without the whole society collapsing and people dying in the streets. Plus the Blackwall isn't Netwatch's doing. They just take credit for it. Best they can do is try to stop people from messing with it.

“People like to think it’s some Great Wall but the reality is it’s more like a trash bag taped over a window and the voodoo boys won’t stop poking holes in it ! If the voodoo boys breach the black wall we’ll all be fucked.”

Straight from the net watch npc , so yeah situation is dire.

EspantaPajaro on
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    “People like to think it’s some Great Wall but the reality is it’s more like a trash bag taped over a window and the voodoo boys won’t stop poking holes in it ! If the voodoo boys breach the black wall we’ll all be fucked.”

Straight from the net watch npc , so yeah situation is dire.

The problem there is how much you trust the person saying it. There are very few people in a position to know whose word I'd actually trust 100%.
    Since that guy plants a virus on you while getting rid of the virus that the VBs planted on you, I'm not really willing to take either of them at their word.
    Except if you make that process have any real length then it's no longer a tutorial, it's just the game. And if you make it too short, then are players going to get the proper impression that V and Jackie really have worked for a long while together and became good friends? Because "I ran 3 quick missions with this stranger and now his mother is inviting me to dinner" wouldn't quite do it for me.
    I only have a vague gist of how the other lifestyle openings go, but the Corpo opening made it feel like V's known him for a long time already, which I thought fit better.
    He was already V's first call when they needed someone they absolutely trusted, so it felt more natural that he'd immediately help them rebuild their life from nothing.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.