As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ICON] Game Start! - The Ruined Tower

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Is Spectre 2 dead dead after taking a point of damage?

discrider on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    discrider wrote: »
    Is Spectre 2 dead dead after taking a point of damage?

Yes! I subtracted it from the Automata for some reason!

The damaged Spectre dissipates into the air. It's gauntlets and scrappy armor fall to the ground. The Spectre is gone for good.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    . @Korror , if it helps, I'm thinking I take next, Electrify and Mark the guard, and rez Xin.

I'm a bit iffy on us all getting in close proximity with the other Spectre floating around, but it seems like my best bet (although was thinking of maybe taking a slow turn before you entered).

Also Slowing enemies allows Kay to get Evasion on their attacks, which might be relevant for you at some point.

• Options
    Trollpost
    I'm a bit iffy on us all getting in close proximity with the other Spectre floating around

8ug5vrwn9gzk.png

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Maybe I should just let the healer sleep for a round

I can mark the guard or the Spectre and just take hard cover instead.
    And then teleport wherever next turn

discrider on
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Put me in the second column from the left. The Spectre seem like the main dangers here and I'll slow our remaining Spectre while you guys finish off the near death one.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    Map update!

sgtcmjiqn5uc.png

Steam profile
  • Options
    I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly it seems like Spectre 1 has already acted this round. If I slow it, we'll have a full round of us acting next round before it can do anything which might be enough to finish it off. @discrider go ahead and take your turn, I'll plan on slowing the =Spectre before it can act again

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Spectre 1 is yet to act, happy to wait until after your turn @Korror
    (Assuming that your plan is to mess up the Spectre)

discrider on
  • Options
    Korror wrote: »
    I'm not sure I'm reading it correctly it seems like Spectre 1 has already acted this round. If I slow it, we'll have a full round of us acting next round before it can do anything which might be enough to finish it off. discrider go ahead and take your turn, I'll plan on slowing the =Spectre before it can act again

The other Spectre went (and then died...). The Spectre on the left hasn't gone this round, neither has the Tomb Guard.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Alright then let's see if we can deal with this Spectre.

Rushing forward to put himself between the Spectre and the other adventurers, Rohan flicks his wrist and a sparking chain shoots out to ensnare the Spectre.

Move UP/UL to put myself next to the pilliar and the Spectre

Geth roll 1d20 to hit with Astral Chain
    Geth roll 1d10+3 for damage

Spectre is slowed, electrified and marked. If rohan is within 3 of it when he starts his next turn it will take [D] damage. If the Spectre is bloodied, this triggers a finishing blow and Rohan will teleport it 1 space down.

to hit with Astral Chain:
    1d20 9 [1d20=9]
    damage:
    1d10+3 8 [1d10=5]

Korror on
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for bomb

bomb:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I'm not sure I have you where you want to be, so let me know.

The chain connects with the Arc Spectre, lashing to it! This close, the Spectre is unable to maintain its ethereal nature, and the blow strikes hard! Thus lashed by your chain, the Arc Spectre is unable to react quickly!

The Arc Spectre is not yet bloodied.

After Rohan attacks, there's a sudden and loud BOOM from the other side of the battlefield. The Automata is suddenly on fire and its sensors cannot see clearly!

Geth roll 1d10 for BOMB DAMAGE

The Automata takes a fatal blow! It collapses to the ground. It will not rise again. I assume "re-summon" means Kay can throw a new bomb? Not sure if it's that or the new one stays in the same spot as the current one. Throwing a new one is more fun :tongue:

@Elvenshae , throw a new bomb!

4x56ex56p28x.png

BOMB DAMAGE:
    1d10 6 [1d10=6]

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I figured it meant, "It blows up but comes back, somehow," but I'll happily toss a new bomb out ...

Can I lob one over the broken pillar, landing 3 squares to the left of me? If not, drop it right on the Red Shield.

"And I hope this time the blaggard brute is smart enough to stay down!" Kay yells, exultingly. Quickly, he grabs another and tosses it towards the enemy menacing Cid.

• Options
    I assume re-summon means to bring it back in the same manner as the first one was summoned.
    So throwing a second bomb in range three.

That said, not sure how line of sight works here, but you likely can't throw the bomb through the LoS blocking pillar.

• Options
    The pillars are too high to throw something over. Anyways, since the Spectre is slowed, the Tomb Guard is the only thing that can act right now.

The Tomb Guard sees the bomb that just landed at its feet. It shifts around to the other side of Cidryn, and strikes with its blade!

Geth roll 1d20-1d6 for Overpower attack with Curse from elevation

Overpower attack with Curse from elevation:
    1d20-1d6 -4 [1d20=2] [1d6=6]

Steam profile
  • Options
    Does a -4 hit? :lol:

Swinging wildly, it then uses its shield to bash Cidryn. Cid, you must make a save or become Dazed

Geth roll 1d20 to save against Branded

Geth roll 1d6 for BOOM BOOM

After this, it should be Cid's turn. If Zin gets revived, I think they can just join this round? The Arc Spectre is going last either way, because it is Slowed.

to save against Branded:
    1d20 16 [1d20=16]
    BOOM BOOM:
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

Steam profile
  • Options
    Geth roll 1d20t10 for save
    Where is the guard at the moment?

save:
    1d20t10 1 [1d20t10=17]

• Options
    One day that Tomb Guard will Daze you!

awebljdmqt16.png

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Ok... Lots of questions about things:

Electromag: Says it may shove characters in the aura toward or away from the target; I'm assuming this is everyone toward or everyone away (or everyone not), instead of a seperate decision for each character

Electromag + bomb: Summons are characters and the bomb can be shoved.

Teleport + bomb: Does teleporting have to be in a straight line? Presumably you can drop the bomb during a teleport.. although teleport states it moves instantly?

Electromag + bomb + terrain:
    Based on
    Shoves
    Shoves are not optional, and also cannot shove
    characters off the edge of the map unless you’re
    using the optional edge rule.
    Characters must be shoved in straight lines. If
    shoved on a diagonal, you can choose which line
    they follow as long as it moves them further away
    from you.
    Taking it that I can roll the bomb around the top of the hill, rather than colliding with it, if the guard is shoving it towards themselves.

discrider on
  • Options
    Ok... Lots of questions about things:

Electromag: Says it may shove characters in the aura toward or away from the target; I'm assuming this is everyone toward or everyone away (or everyone not), instead of a seperate decision for each character

Nice questions!

You can't pick and choose, I think that wording is pretty clearly supposed to imply everyone goes the same direction.

Electromag + bomb: Summons are characters and the bomb can be shoved.
    For summons, I see "Abilities that target allied characters cannot target summons unless specifically mentioned." Yours isn't allies, it's everyone, so the bomb would be shoved. Also, the bomb explicitly says it can be shoved, so that answers it clearly :D

Teleport + bomb: Does teleporting have to be in a straight line? Presumably you can drop the bomb during a teleport.. although teleport states it moves instantly?

Teleport is "instantly move to a free space within range X." Nothing about going in a line, unless it's a special restriction. You do need line-of-sight, though.

I am.... not sold about being able to drop it at any point. I think the trick here is that there's no actual path you are taking. Like, you could go straight through people and impassable objects and whatnot, as long as it's in range and you have line-of-sight. And it happens instantly. So I'd say that no, you can't drop it during a teleport, until/unless we find something convincing in the rules elsewhere.

Electromag + bomb + terrain:
    Based on
    Shoves
    Shoves are not optional, and also cannot shove
    characters off the edge of the map unless you’re
    using the optional edge rule.
    Characters must be shoved in straight lines. If
    shoved on a diagonal, you can choose which line
    they follow as long as it moves them further away
    from you.
    Taking it that I can roll the bomb around the top of the hill, rather than colliding with it, if the guard is shoving it towards themselves.

So this is if the Tomb Guard is Electromagentized and you shove-pull stuff to them? First off, it cannot collide with you, it would collide with the terrain first (imo). You can't shove uphill. But yes, similarly to how you can do diagonals away from you, you can do diagonals towards something as long as it moves them closer to you. So it could go around the hill.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    With shoving the bomb, it was more Electromag was saying "characters in the aura are shoved" and I was thinking the bomb is an object more than a character, but:

Targeting
    Abilities may specify targets: Self, Allies, Foe,
    Summon, Characters, Others, Object, or Space,
    any combination of these.
    • Self: You! Abilities can’t target yourself unless
    specified.
    • Allies: An allied non-summon character other
    than you
    • Foe: A hostile character or summon.
    Summon: A character controlled or owned by
    another character (summoner). Attacks that
    target foes can target hostile summons. Allied
    summons can only be targeted by abilities and
    only count for abilities if the ability specifically
    mentions it can target or count summons.
    Characters: All of the above

So that's fine

@kime , had the Guard ignored engagement somehow?
    It appears to have moved 6

Cidryn steps to the side as the Guard assaults the top of the mound again.

"Hey, it looks like you dropped..", he starts, before shaking his head.
    These things can't talk.
    "Nevermind, this will help anyway", he says, as he moves around the Guard, before slapping a bronze plaque to it's front.
    There's a faint whine as it sticks, and the possessed suit starts putting out more sparks than normal.

"And it's about time you got up, Xin", Cidryn says, rubbing his gauntlets together before tentatively jolting Xin awake.

Cid moves adjacent to Xin while keeping adjacency with the guard and getting as far from the bomb as possible.
    If Cid can't get adjacent to Xin without breaking adjacency with the Guard, Cid will use Slip to get adjacent to Xin, rather than attempting to get away from the bomb.

Then uses Electromagnetism on the Guard, marking and Electrifying+ him. Everything in Aura 2 of him is difficult terrain to Electrified characters.
    And then uses Rescue on Xin to bring Xin back into the battle.

Aether 1->2->1->2
    HP 9, shield 8->6 from fray

Electromag+electromag: Looks like it electrifies the target and creates difficult terrain in an aura around the target for electrified characters in the aura. So the target will suffer from difficult terrain until the mark comes off.

discrider on
  • Options
    Whole family is home sick today, FUN FUN, so yeah. Sorry for the delay. Here's how the guard moved, that should just be three, right? It never left adjacency with you, it didn't shift elevations, no difficult terrain...

jhm03z6yvmoq.png

Aura effects the target itself, yeah, so it's gonna have trouble moving anywhere for a while. Powerful CC stuff to put on a melee character!

So, if you can confirm this is where you want to be? This will move you OFF the mound, which will begin to reactivate the mechanism that you learned about before. You can stay on the mound and be adjacent to both the Tomb Guard and Zin, but you'll be closer to the bomb, so I need to know your priorities.

I'm probably not gonna keep those lightning bolts signifying the Aura here forever, but it was fun to do once :tongue:

bemq3ofl8ne4.png

Steam profile
  • Options
    Movement restrictions
    Movement has the following restrictions:
    • You can’t move through obstructions, unless
    an ability allows you to do so. You can move
    through allied characters but not end your turn
    in their space. Foes (hostile characters) and
    objects are obstructions by default.
    • If you try to exit a space adjacent to a hostile
    character, it costs +1 more space. This is
    called engagement

So moving while adjacent costs more.
    Cid was teleporting before, which is just go to <range> and doesn't appear to care about engagement or terrain costs, but was attempting not to break adjacency for vigilance

• Options
    Movement restrictions
    Movement has the following restrictions:
    • You can’t move through obstructions, unless
    an ability allows you to do so. You can move
    through allied characters but not end your turn
    in their space. Foes (hostile characters) and
    objects are obstructions by default.
    • If you try to exit a space adjacent to a hostile
    character, it costs +1 more space. This is
    called engagement

So moving while adjacent costs more.
    Cid was teleporting before, which is just go to <range> and doesn't appear to care about engagement or terrain costs, but was attempting not to break adjacency for vigilance

Oh I misunderstood that on many readthroughs. It's not leaving adjacency that adds the penalty. In that case, it would move one space to the right of it's original position, between Zin and the bomb.

Anything you'd like to change with that correction?

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    lol the bomb doesn't keep the door open does it :P
    But seriously, it was halfway done locking wasn't it?

discrider on
  • Options
    lol the bomb doesn't keep the door open does it :P
    But seriously, it was halfway done locking wasn't it?

While that is a clever idea, no, I don't think it really makes sense for the bomb to count :lol: . The mechanism was attuned to and your allies, not summons.

Yeah, it needs about a full round and some change to complete.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Yeah, nah, the bomb is bad news.
    Can chunk half my remaining health and can't be resisted.
    Probably best to stay off the mound and jump back up next round.

Would be amusing to try and proc the bomb's Slay effect with Cid's burning corpse though. (Looks like this would work; procs on character)

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2022

Geth roll 1d6 for da bomb
    @AustinP0027 is up again (as you're engaged, I don't think we needed to detonate..)

Also I think the Aura is all squares in Range 2.
    So a square shape rather than a cross

da bomb:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Yeah it doesn't specify the shape of Aura that I can find, but most things would be diagonal and it mimics what Blast would look like, so that makes sense! Assume it's a square.

Updated map:

d756d1ps3qxs.png

Since it's a square, note that Kay is electrified, so is currently in difficult terrain

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    ah... Thought it was only Cid, who doesn't care :P

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Is it Spectre 1's turn next?

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Is it Spectre 1's turn next?

No, Arc Spectre 1 is Slowed from Rohan's earlier turn, which means it has to go after everyone not-Slow. As Zin was just revived (with one wound now from falling), it'll be Zin's turn still.

Steam profile
  • Options
    I would spread out if possible from each other. The Spectre looks like a slippery customer and I don't think I can position myself to keep him from getting to you guys.

• Options
    Korror wrote: »
    I would spread out if possible from each other. The Spectre looks like a slippery customer and I don't think I can position myself to keep him from getting to you guys.

Alternatively, stay really close together. It'll be fine. You all are friends, right?

Sincerely,
    Arc Spectre 2

Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Since I dropped, does Sow reset back or is the combo stuck at Reap currently?

Also, is the Tomb Guard still poisoned?

• Options
    Since I dropped, does Sow reset back or is the combo stuck at Reap currently?

Also, is the Tomb Guard still poisoned?

Poison is a Blight, which does not get erased from the source being defeated. So, the Tomb Guard is Poisoned. It is not Marked from you anymore.

I don't think you have a choice to use the basic version of a Combo ability if your "Combo flag" is on, which is a little awkward in your case specifically (since you lost the Mark, Reap is less convenient to use).

Now..... there is an argument that the Combo should reset upon defeat.

The Rules wrote:
    Defeated characters clear all statuses, marks, vigor, and other effects on them

Is that Combo flag an "effect"? I'm inclined to say "no," but I can see an argument for it... If no one has strong opinions, then we'll go with "no," in which case your ability is on Reap still. Otherwise we can chat it over.

Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Zin pops back up, "Thanks Cid! I owe ya one!"

Reaching for his greatscythe, Zin slashes through the Tomb Guard that is right in his face, green energy slashing at it. In the same motion, he spins and flings a hand out at Kay, white energy sparking forth and wrapping around him. "Kay, get away!"

I'm right next to the guard, so either way I'm making an attack from here, just wanted to know which ability I needed to use. I believe we are still going with auto hit doesn't get the bonus dmg of the same blight.

Using Reap. Auto Hit
    Geth roll 1d6+3 for Reap Dmg

Using Heal on Kay to clear electrified.

Reap Dmg:
    1d6+3 8 [1d6=5]

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Reap doesn't inflict poison though.
    It is pierce damage, and Cid has a blessing on him if you want the bonus damage.

Also with the Spectre engaged and us behind the mound and a pillar, it's hard to see how it could get LoS next turn.

Kay also gets vigor 1 (if bloodied) I believe, which should be 6 shield I think

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Reap is always an auto-hit, yeah. That part is independent of any Mark/Poison. And as Disc said, Reap doesn't inflict Poison, so you're right with no bonus damage. Pierce is still a big deal though as the Tomb Guard as armor. Lemme know what if you wanna use Soul Cycle to consume the blessing on Cid, too. (In fairness, I probably wouldn't use the blessing. It's only an improvement if you roll a 6 on the d6.)

Other than that, I think the last thing you could do is move, if you want?

Also with the Spectre engaged and us behind the mound and a pillar, it's hard to see how it could get LoS next turn.

shhhhh, just be afraid, OK?

kime on
    Steam profile