As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ICON] Game Start! - The Ruined Tower

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    I believe the Guard is still poisoned, and so is branded
    And that damage is piercing

discrider on
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    OK, so if Cid is Bloodied, you gain 1 Vigor for a shield. (Shields don't stack, I think you still have some leftover? This would replace that.) You can also ditch the Electrified now.

The Tomb Guard was still Poisoned, yeah, so is now Branded. Since this also deals Poison damage, it does Bonus damage. You can roll for that.

I don't see where the damage is Piercing, though. Reap is Pierce, Sow is not.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Dont think it's Pierce. After this turn, now that I've marked it, I get pierce dmg every time I attack anything but for this turn doesn't hit yet.

Geth, roll 1d6 for bonus dmg

bonus dmg:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Mark of Tsumi for reference:
    Your attacks gain on hit: After
    the attack resolves, deal 2 piercing damage as an
    effect to all foes marked by you, and bless all allies
    marked by you.

Also Cid now has two blessings on him, so if anyone wants to get within range 2 of Cid, so that Xin can eat the blessings to give their attacks pierce (and bonus damage) against the armoured guard, happy to stand here and help :P

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Anyway, it's @Elvenshae next
    Xin having moved since last map update
    And then back to the top for round 6 with either the Guard or a respawned Spectre taking first turn.

discrider on
  • Options
    Not much has changed, but I can give a map update if it helps.

gwcqu1054ndt.png

Tomb Guard isn't bloodied yet, in case that matters.

Steam profile
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Awesome - thanks, I'm back in town after camping all weekend. I'll get my turn in tonight!

Remind me what the aura does?

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Nothing; I believe Kay was cured of Electrified (it would otherwise be difficult terrain; +1 movement a square), and otherwise it just pushed you out of cover on Cid's turn.

discrider on
  • Options
    Kay got healed from Electrified, yeah, and I don't think anything reapplied it yet.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Other thing to note is that Xin can give people pierce and bonus damage by eating blessings.
    So if Kay attacks in Range 2 of Cid, you can take one of Cid's and hit the guard hard.

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Kay dodges around the pillar and charges forward, bounding up onto the central structure and planting his overlarge feet on the tomb guard. Sometime during this, he managed to pull yet another broad-mouthed pistol from his bandolier. He aims it down and ...

Move DL, L, L, followed by Cavaliere! to end up on top of the Tomb Guard. Attacking with +1 boon for elevation.

Geth, roll 1d20+1d6 for Cavaliere!

I don't know if an 11 hits ... :D

Cavaliere!:
    1d20+1d6 11 [1d20=5] [1d6=6]

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    11 hits!

Steam profile
  • Options
    You should be in range of Cid, so I'll steal a blessing token from him to give you pierce and bonus dmg.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I will definitely be doing that, yes. :D Since I'm using a burning attack against an already-burning target, that gives me bonus damage, as well. So two bonus dice, piercing.

He aims it down and a blast rings out, the fiery spray from his snub-nosed blunderbuss pistol shattering significant portions of his target. Kay balances as the Tomb Guard teeters, prepared to hop off if it tries to escape from under him.

Geth, roll 4d10k2+3 for Piercing damage

Piercing damage:
    4d10k2+3 15 [4d10k2=[7, 5], 4, 2]

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    The Tomb Guard is hit hard by Kay's shot... but, although in pain and suffering from many wounds and ongoing debilitating effects, it is still standing.

It is bloodied though. It was only barely not bloodied before :lol:

Now we enter the top of round 6! As Cid is still on the mound, the mechanism is not continuing. Although close to completion, the doors have not been locked yet.

Geth roll 1d6 to see if the Spectre Rises Again

to see if the Spectre Rises Again:
    1d6 6 [1d6=6]

Steam profile
  • Options
    There's a crackling sound as the Arc Spectre, that had so recently been defeated by the combined efforts of Rohan and Cid, reforms!

It floats slowly to the side of Rohan to see Cid on the mound, and raises its hand in a familiar gesture.

Geth roll 1d20-1d6 for Chain Lightning with adjacency curse

Chain Lightning with adjacency curse:
    1d20-1d6 2 [1d20=3] [1d6=1]

Steam profile
  • Options
    The Spectre, distracted by Rohan's close presence and the threat that represents, misses striking Cid directly. However, the charge of the bolt still tingles as it passes. The bolt hits the column behind, but instead of dissipating, seems to bounce off and go for Zin!

Cid takes 4 Fray damage and is Electrified. You were already Electrified, but you know...

Zin takes 4 damage, and needs to make a save. If you fail the save, it's gonna bounce again!

Steam profile
  • Options
    I hate these Spectres

Geth, roll 1d20+1d6 for Save

Save:
    1d20+1d6 14 [1d20=10] [1d6=4]

• Options
    I hate these Spectres

Geth, roll 1d20+1d6 for Save

The Arc Spectre's bolt of energy is contained within Zin, and does not hit anyone else.

The Spectres are great! :lol: But I just now realized that it should have used it's more powerful ability. Oh well, maybe it will survive!

And with that, the Arc Spectre has finished it's turn, and it's a player's turn now. As this is the first player turn of Round 6, it's up to y'all who wants to go first.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cid or Kay should go and see if they can't manage to down that Tomb Guard since it will go next.

To add to that, I believe Cid had two blessing tokens, so another pierce and bonus dmg to be handed out.

From my end, I can hit it with Reap, but that's only d6+3 of dmg, 2 pierce dmg after the attack, plus a blessing handed out. Don't think that's enough dmg to take it down in one hit though (also will be healing Cid)

AustinP0027 on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Geth roll 2-1d6 for height curse :P

But yeah. I'm unsure how I shove Kay if they're standing on top of the guard.
    Sounds like they're probably stuck adjacent to the guard this round and might need to go first.

It looks like the guard is blinded though, so Kay can evade, and they'll be doing double fray anyway, so it's probably fine.

height curse :P:
    2-1d6 -1 [1d6=3]

discrider on
  • Options
    If the guard leaves the square, I just drop down in-place.

I’d like to hit it with my heavy attack, so someone moving it away from me is fine.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    It's shoving you straight up though? Like you're right on top of it and it would be shoving you away...

It does look like you can move off the guard's head and L-shape without leaving adjacency, but you wouldn't have the height boon I think.
    And rather, you'd have a height curse.

I can go first though, and maybe drop the guard, but I don't exactly have a D10.
    Would get the height boon and the brand and pierce and bonus damage though.

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    The guard's plaque hums again, as the wall of force pushes everyone back.
    Some more gracefully than others.
    Kay in particular manages a graceful zero-G tumble, before sliding North and dismounting from the Guard's helmet.

Cidryn climbs back atop the mound, grinning.
    His rags arcing, as he makes plowing through the force look easy.

"Well, I'd say this has been fun, but ..", he rubs his gauntlets together, "I don't usually have so much trouble stripping contraptions down. Also you're probably haunted? So this is doing you a favour!"

HP 9, Shield 8 -> 6 due to Aetherwall
    Aether 3 -> 4

Cid is pushed N, Kay is pushed N, Zin is pushed W.
    Cid moves back, ignoring difficult terrain

Geth roll 1d20+2d6 for Levinblade on the branded short Guard

Levinblade:
    1d20+2d6 16 [1d20=7] [2d6=3, 6]

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Cid consumes the second blessing, but doesn't get a critical.
    Geth roll 4d8k2+4+2 for two adjacent characters pierce electrified and bonus damage

... Looks like k (keep) is ordering the dice by die size.
    So if we roll too many incorrectly, we can't just take the leftmost dice.
    We'll have to reroll instead.

And.. that should be enough to KO the guard.
    I don't believe its withstand has recharged, as it hasn't had another go yet :)

two adjacent characters pierce electrified and bonus damage:
    4d8k2+4+2 20 [4d8k2=[8, 6], 4, 4]

discrider on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I.... have no idea how Electromagnetism's shove would work with Kay's shenanigans. Just booping Kay in a random direction seems fine.

And yeah, 20 damage is plenty to finish off the Tomb Guard. Even with Resistance if it still had its Interrupt, tbh. Now, if y'all manage to destroy the Spectre this round, then the fight ends and the Tomb Guard doesn't get a chance to Rise Again.

Cid swings a blade made out of pure energy at the Tomb Guard. It seems to resonate with the Tomb Guards body, before with a small explosion, the Relict is no more. Its shield and blade fall to the ground. The last Relict standing is now the Arc Spectre, over on the side of the battlefield with the newly arrived Rohan.

It has already taken its turn, so you all can finish out the round!

ux76jm3jxrzn.png

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    @AustinP0027 or @Korror - who wants next?

• Options
    I can't actually reach the Spectre, so I can just get my turn out of the way

Zin watches the Tomb Guard drop, and charges towards the mound. "I can keep it from closing, you go take care of the last one."

Opening his hand, he places it on Cid as he gets there, cleansing Cid.

Move Left 3 spots, Heal on Cid. Place Blessing token on Kay

• Options
    Cid is no longer Electrified! And gets to refresh their 1 Vigor shield. And Kay gets a blessing.

q8a8t30pl1gu.png

Rohan gets to finish the round out. If the Spectre lives, we'll see if the Tomb Guard revives, and then a player gets to start up Round 7!

As a note, the Arc Spectre is just salivating looking at y'all grouped in the middle :lol:

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Rohan gets to finish the round out.

Well, they go and then I do. That'll let me do a double-tap finish at the end of the round and the star of the next.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Rohan gets to finish the round out.

Well, they go and then I do. That'll let me do a double-tap finish at the end of the round and the star of the next.

Oh yeah, you were at the very end of the last round. That'll show me, relying on my memory to do things!

Steam profile
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Apologies for the delay, I'll get my move in tonight.

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    The crashing behind him seems to have abated temporary but Rohan can't risk a glance backward as he holds the Spectre fast with his magical chain.

I'm not sure if being defeated clears statuses and marks. I know it's come up before but I can't find it in this thread. Just ignore the extra damage/boon if that's the case.

Geth roll 1d10 damage for being within 3 of Rohan's turn

Move up 1 space to keep blocking the Spectre

Use Astral Chain again. Spectre is marked and electrified already so gain a boon from the mark and bonus damage for electrified

Geth roll 1d20+1d6 to hit with chain

Geth roll 2d10k1+3 for damage

being within 3 of Rohan's turn:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]
    to hit with chain:
    1d20+1d6 3 [1d20=1] [1d6=2]
    damage:
    2d10k1+3 13 [2d10k1=[10], 1]

• Options
    Being defeated removes most everything from you, yes. So, the initial damage doesn't apply, and the chain misses with a 1. A 3 misses too, for what it's worth.

Rohan swings his chain out at the newly re-risen Spectre, but is unable to connect! Still though, the energy spitting off the whirling chain strikes and burns into the Spectre, causing it to recoil momentarily in pain.

It does the 3 Fray damage, and is now Slowed and Electrified and Marked by you.

Since the Arc Spectre is bloodied, you would get Finishing Blow on this, which would still do the bonus damage. So you actually would have gotten to roll one more die even, if it hit and was still electrified. Next time maybe! HOWEVER you do get another perk. When you use Astral Chain to score a Finishing Blow, you can teleport the target 2. Finishing Blow doesn't seem like it requires the attack to connect, so you can use your chain to manipulate it still to get this teleport. If you want to.

Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    ooof, that was some bad rolling. Let's leave the spectre where it is for now.

Korror on
  • Options
    Korror wrote: »
    ooof, that was some bad rolling. Let's leave the spectre where it is for now.

Yeah, a 1 and a 2 :lol: . Geth is unhappy with you!

That puts it to Kay to finish the round off!

Steam profile
  • Options
    Kay will have to take his turn this evening.

• Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Kay will have to take his turn this evening.

No rush, it's the weekend. Y'all are getting close to finishing this fight!

Steam profile
  • Options
    if we can knock the Spectre down again, I believe the guard doesn't get a chance to get back up

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    if we can knock the Spectre down again, I believe the guard doesn't get a chance to get back up

This is accurate yes. There's always a chance it doesn't Rise Again next round anyways too, despite the fact that they've yet to fail that roll haha. In that case y'all would surely get the Spectre in a full round

Steam profile