As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[ICON] Game Start! - The Ruined Tower

• Options
    AustinP0027AustinP0027 Registered User regular
    Yeah, wasn't sure if Cid still had the blessing, but I'd rather save it for Disc's use instead.

I will actually move. I thought engagement meant I was stuck, but it's just +1 move.

So, I'll move straight right two spots. 2 to move out of engagement, 2 to move up 1 elevation.

• Options
    discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    @AustinP0027 , engagement doesn't stop movement, but the Guard's Vigilance might (and might cause Fray damage)
    Kime let us know about it at the beginning of the fight.
    Flagging just in case that changes things (but I wouldn't think so)

discrider on
  • Options
    Still better I get out of there so I'll take the gray dmg if that's the case

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    As Zin attempts to Reap the Tomb Guard, the Relict brings its shield forward and deflects part of the blow! It Withstands your attack! (See notes in the spoiler.)

Then, as Zin attempts to flee, the Tomb Guard reaches out at you with an electric hand! The charge of the lightning runs through Zin's body even before it gets a grip on you!

Zin needs to make a save, or else cannot move any further this turn. Zin also takes 4 damage.
    Withstand (Interrupt 1): When self or an adjacent ally is targeted by an attack, may grant resistance against the attack.

Technically, this needs to be done when targeted, not like.... after damage has been rolled and such. This is one of the more awkward Interrupt abilities I've noticed so far for PbP, 'cause it's a bit harder to do here and really awkward to pause for every attack. Any preferences on how to do this? It's slightly buffed technically if you can "see" the attack rolls first. I'm inclined to just let it be that way because I haven't thought of a solution I like more yet, but opening it up to the group.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I've just been burning Aether kime.
    I don't really have an answer as to how we should be interrupting attack rolls

Hard for Cid to pre-empt being attacked when it's not clear what attacks will be coming his way

discrider on
  • Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+1d6 for Save

Save:
    1d20+1d6 9 [1d20=5] [1d6=4]

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Geth roll 1d6 for the bomb
    Might be worth detonating it after the Spectre's turn, depending on who moves first next round.
    Cid can shove both himself and Zin away from the guard, which doesn't proc vigiliance, but that will also shove the bomb away.

I think we're either looking at Cid or the gunslinger going first next round

the bomb:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

discrider on
  • Options
    OK, assuming no bomb detonation. Now, before I do big rolls or anything... The Spectre, with 3 movement, should be able to move up twice. Then has line-of-sight on Zin (albeit with Cover). That's accurate, yes? I want to doublecheck since I've not been sleeping much lately and my brain is a little fuzzy. Sick child will do that... (and she gave whatever germs she has to me too, grrrr)

7i91zawwgnk5.png

Steam profile
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    It's leaving 2 "threatened" squares, and so that should cost 4 movement points (unless Spectre's get to ignore engagement, which I forget if they can or can't).

And the Stacked Die will cause the bomb to explode at the end of the Spectre's turn if it doesn't blow up naturally.

Elvenshae on
  • Options
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    It's leaving 2 "threatened" squares, and so that should cost 4 movement points (unless Spectre's get to ignore engagement, which I forget if they can or can't).

And the Stacked Die will cause the bomb to explode at the end of the Spectre's turn if it doesn't blow up naturally.

There we go, I thought something weird was going on but my brain wasn't making the connection. I'll take the turn normally later today, after a doctor's appointment :)

Steam profile
  • Options
    KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    It can get there if it uses it's slip action but then it won't have 2 actions left to use chain lightning

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • Options
    You should probably use that Slip action ;)

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Elvenshae wrote: »

Thinking maybe Rohan ( @Korror ) should take the first turn, if they can slow the Spectre again.

Then the guard may not be able to move all that far from the bomb due to difficult terrain + engagement, although they could dash too I guess.

At the very least, if Korror goes next, we can leave the bomb one more round, as Electromag won't be moving it.

This doesn't push the healer out of range of the guard before the Guard's turn though

discrider on
  • Options
    Sounds reasonable. There's no point in using ranged attacks against the Spectre with its damage resistance against ranged attacks so I might as well stay in it's face with my chain lasso.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    I'm away from my PC right now and still sick, but it doesn't seem like the Arc Spectre has many (good) options unfortunately. All y'all and your dirty TACTICS

The Arc Spectre moves away slightly from Rohan, and then shoots Rohan with a bolt of lightning!

Geth roll 1d20-1d6 for Chain Lightning attack with Curse from being adjacent to Rohan

Unfortunately, the chain still pulls at the Arc Spectre and the attack goes wide!

Chain Lightning attack with Curse from being adjacent to Rohan:
    1d20-1d6 3 [1d20=4] [1d6=1]

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Geth roll 1d6 for BOOM?

No bomb unless Kay wants to blow it. Otherwise, players are up at the top of Round 5. The mechanism underneath the mound is running, and is near finishing. If it finishes, the doors will be locked.

BOOM?:
    1d6 1 [1d6=1]

kime on
    Steam profile
  • Options
    (Rohan is electrified)

• Options
    discrider wrote: »
    (Rohan is electrified)

*Arc Spectre rubs it's hands eagerly for next round*

Steam profile
  • Options
    Lightning arcs back and forth between Rohan and the Spectre as Rohan swings his chain again.

Geth roll 1d10 for damage due to Spectre starting its turn within 3 of Rohan

Geth roll 1d20+1d6 to hit with chain with bonus from attacking a marked target

Geth roll 2d10k1+3 for damage with bonus damage from reapplying electrify

Spectre is slowed again and continues to be electified.

damage due to Spectre starting its turn within 3 of Rohan:
    1d10 4 [1d10=4]
    to hit with chain with bonus from attacking a marked target:
    1d20+1d6 21 [1d20=20] [1d6=1]
    damage with bonus damage from reapplying electrify:
    2d10k1+3 13 [2d10k1=[10], 7]

• Options
    edited October 2022
    That's a critical hit so Geth roll 1d10 for additional damage

Geth roll 1d10

1d10 1 [1d10=1]

Korror on
  • Options
    (So that's 10,7,1 keep 2 then, for 20 damage total)

• Options
    The Spectre almost falls apart, but manages to keep its form together! It is still standing! It is bloodied.

Also, my computer restarted and I didn't have the latest version of the map saved. THANKS WINDOWS

Is Rohan staying still, or moving, or...?

ffd5jyu10dqp.png

Steam profile
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    As it was foretold …

… the Stacked Die will cause the bomb to explode at the end of the Spectre's turn if it doesn't blow up naturally.

The bomb explodes, catching the tomb guard in its fiery, smokey blast!

The tomb guard is blinded and burning.

Geth, roll 1d10 for A bomb

A bomb:
    1d10 8 [1d10=8]

• Options
    Rohan keeps pace with the spectre moving to block it from the rest of the adventurers.

Move up 1 space to be next to the spectre

• Options
    (So that's 10,7,1 keep 2 then, for 20 damage total)

Didn't know that was how critical hits worked but it makes sense. The spectre then takes 24 total damage this round, 20 from the attack and 4 from when rohan starts his turn.

• Options
    Geth roll 1d6 for THE BOMB (and it'll Stacked Dice explode if this doesn't hit a 6)

THE BOMB (and it'll Stacked Dice explode if this doesn't hit a 6):
    1d6 4 [1d6=4]

Steam profile
  • Options
    This poor Tomb Guard has so much stuff on him...

The angry Tomb Guard raises its blade high and it sparks with extra energy, then it swings down onto Zin!

Geth roll 1d20+1d6 for Overpower attack with elevation boon

Overpower attack with elevation boon:
    1d20+1d6 22 [1d20=19] [1d6=3]

Steam profile
  • Options
    The attack strikes solidly into Zin, and then a spark of energy flashes out onto both Kay and Cid.

Geth roll 1d6+4 for Overpower damage

Kay and Zin take 2 damage each for being adjacent.

Then, the Tomb Guard brings forward its shield to slam into Zin!

Zin must save from Strike or become dazed

After that, the Tomb Guard is done. Not gonna move.

Overpower damage:
    1d6+4 9 [1d6=5]

Steam profile
  • Options
    Geth, roll 1d20+1d6 for Save

Save:
    1d20+1d6 16 [1d20=11] [1d6=5]

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Geth roll 1d6 for additional critical damage.
    Kay doesn't take 2 damage for being adjacent to themselves...
    But Cid does. HP 9 Shield 4

Do we think Cid hits the Spectre instead of focusing on the Guard?
    Cid is going to move onto the mound regardless.

additional critical damage:
    1d6 3 [1d6=3]

discrider on
  • Options
    @kime , if Cid moves one square up, what squares in the Spectre's column can he see?

• Options
    Kay and Cid take the 2 damage for being adjacent. Mixed up names.

I'll take a look at the map to answer your question after dinner here.

Steam profile
  • Options
    ah sorry, that's on me.
    Yeah Xin is adjacent to both Kay and Cid, and they both take 2 damage.

I thought Xin was Kay :(

• Options
    kime , if Cid moves one square up, what squares in the Spectre's column can he see?

I would say... you could see the square two "North" of the Spectre? And the two squares above that too, in case you cared. RIGHT on the edge of being able to see the square directly above the Spectre, but I drew a line and I really don't think you'd be able to.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Close enough to get around Aetherwall then

There's a metallic PING from Cidryn as an electrical pulse from the floating armour pushes all the heroes away from the mound.

'Ah', Cidryn smiles, as his clothes start rippling to an unfelt wind, 'here we go.'

There's a loud BANG and the Spectre hardly has time to register Cidryn's presence before it's hit with a wall of lightning.

There's another BANG and the sparking Guard also turns all too slowly to sight the disgusted Cidryn.
    'You guys really don't get cleaned much, do you?' he states, flatly, wiping his fingers on his clothes.
    The half-finished smiley face on the back of the Guard's helmet was probably a bad idea.

At the start of the turn, Electromag shoves Cid up 1, Xin right 1 and Kay down 1 (so as not to collide by going right 1), breaking adjacency but not triggering Vigiliance.
    It's turn 5, so Cid's teleports are infinite range. And apparently Cid gets an extra free teleport too (so can carry bombs anywhere)
    Cid teleports two above the Spectre and hits it with Levinblade
    And then Cid teleports to the top of the mound.

Geth roll 1d20 against the Spectre

against the Spectre:
    1d20 16 [1d20=16]

• Options
    edited October 2022
    Geth roll 3d8k2+4 for Levinblade damage with bonus damage from electrified
    +1 piercing damage from Rohan being adjacent

Aether 2 -> 3
    I think I'm using Aether wrong with my interrupt though
    I think now it's one free interrupt a round, and if I need a second, then I can spend an Aether to recharge it.
    Rather than just always recharging it with Aether.

Levinblade damage with bonus damage from electrified:
    3d8k2+4 19 [3d8k2=[8, 7], 6]

discrider on
  • Options
    Yes... You don't need to spend Aether to use the Aether Deflection unless you've done it already. Oops :D

re: your teleports, my understanding is that you get an infinite-range teleport before each action now. Then you also get an infinite-range teleport as your Move, as well. So you have anywhere from 1-3-ish Teleports a turn, albeit some need to be specifically timed.

The Spectre is just obliterated by the wall of lightning that Cid suddenly throws at them, before disappearing again. Nothing of it remains, but you can still sense a faint tingle in the air from its lingering presence. If you don't finish this fight soon, it's possible the Arc Spectre will Rise Again!

With Cidryn on the mound, the mechanism has stopped again.

The Tomb Guard has already acted. It's all on y'all now! I believe both Kay and Zin have yet to go.

lelffjiqofkf.png

Steam profile
  • Options
    Kay or Cid, anyone have any statuses?

• Options
    Cid is electrified

• Options
    Zin shifts to the right, avoiding stepping j to range of the Tomb Guard. He flings out a seed with one hand, streaking it towards the Tomb Guard, while his other hand waves and extends towards CID, covering him in white energy.

Move N, N, W
    Heal Cid
    Use Sow on Tomb Guard
    1dmg

Tomb Guard is marked, Cod gets a blessing token