As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

OLD THREAD.

• augustaugust where you come from is gone Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    More than two, if I remember right.

So, more than just good/evil.

august on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Where is this info anyway? One of the videos or an article somewhere?

Fig-D on
    SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    edited February 2008
    It was in one of the first articles/interviews I read when the thing was announced.

I'm also willing to bet that there will be some sort of in-universe explanation for the "Apprentice's" incredible power, and I wish people would quit whining about it.

august on
    edited February 2008
    Ah, I didn't pay *that* much attention to the game early on or when the previs trail came out. I really only started paying attention with the start of the "Making of..." series.

Fig-D on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Jedi Knight still holds me spellbound, with any luck this game will play along similar lines. Though since you're playing a walking nuclear bomb I doubt there will be as much emphasis on "saber fighting" skill.

I don't suppose anyone has any info on that yet. So I'll wait.

Caveman Paws on
    edited February 2008
    There will probably be plenty of saber combat seeing as how you're hunting down and killing Jedi.

Also wiki says
    The Wii version was announced on September 18, 2007 and will utilize the motion sensing and accelerometer capabilities of the Wii Remote (simulating the ability to wield a lightsaber) and its Nunchuk attachment (used to perform Force powers). The Wii version will also feature an exclusive duel mode for two players.[5] Five levels of gameplay will be exclusive to the Wii, including a Jedi Temple level.[6]

august on
    edited February 2008
    Also, I really think this Apprentic guy is some sort of weird midiclorian experiment or some shit. The guy has no name and no background. Plus the author said the story will have "major revelations." Plus there's the whole unresolved Darth Palagius maybe creating Anakin thing from the Prequels.

And if they actually go into that shit, and do it well, this will be like the best thing ever.

august on
  • -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    august wrote: »
    Also, I really think this Apprentic guy is some sort of weird midiclorian experiment or some shit. The guy has no name and no background. Plus the author said the story will have "major revelations." Plus there's the whole unresolved Darth Palagius maybe creating Anakin thing from the Prequels.

And if they actually go into that shit, and do it well, this will be like the best thing ever.
    I think even mentioning the word "midichlorian" pretty much disqualifies it from being the best thing ever.

-SPI- on
    edited February 2008
    Best excuse for a superpowered over-the-top Sith killing machine ever.

august on
  • Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'd agree it's the best excuse for making an "uber" jedi. But as everyone knows midiclorians are (technically) worse than Jar Jar. The Force had this cool mystical ('70s) vibe to it. Then we get episode 1 with JarJar. But that was okay because you still had jedi's and lightsabers and... wait, what the fuck are midiclorians? *Every Star Wars fan dies a little inside at that point in the movie*

But getting back to the game, I don't get my hopes anywhere near as high as they would need to be to think that any "cannon" revealations about Anakins birth or something equally interesting/important will be revealed in this game.

Lucas is a greedy merch whore.

Caveman Paws on
  • HybridzergHybridzerg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I don't have so much of a problem with the over-the-top Force powers because I don't take the whole "Pulling down a Star Destroyer thing" literally. I thought of it as more of a way out there concept or demonstration of how far they were taking it. All the ingame clips we see he isn't moving anything bigger than a few large crates. I mean, if they took it to that level throughout the whole game, it would be ridiculous. He could just stand there and launch rancors and jedi into orbit.

And another possible explanation for his superior force powers could be that it is just his strength, and maybe that he isn't that good with a saber. Kind of like Corran Horn can't do anything with Force kinesis. I mean even when he does his saber attacks they always have some kind of Force push effect, everyone flies backwards rather than just keeling over, so maybe he compensates for subpar swordsmanship with kickass powers.

Hybridzerg on
    edited February 2008
    Hybridzerg wrote: »
    I don't have so much of a problem with the over-the-top Force powers because I don't take the whole "Pulling down a Star Destroyer thing" literally. I thought of it as more of a way out there concept or demonstration of how far they were taking it. All the ingame clips we see he isn't moving anything bigger than a few large crates. I mean, if they took it to that level throughout the whole game, it would be ridiculous. He could just stand there and launch rancors and jedi into orbit.

And another possible explanation for his superior force powers could be that it is just his strength, and maybe that he isn't that good with a saber. Kind of like Corran Horn can't do anything with Force kinesis. I mean even when he does his saber attacks they always have some kind of Force push effect, everyone flies backwards rather than just keeling over, so maybe he compensates for subpar swordsmanship with kickass powers.

But now I wanna launch rancors into space.

Fig-D on
  • Dr. Phibbs McAtheyDr. Phibbs McAthey Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Some of you guys are going to hate me for this, but those who follow the Star Wars miniatures line have been spoil'd somewhat on the redemption of the apprentice for some time now because of the Force Unleashed series (spoiler is a real spoiler, open at your own risk):
    vaders_apprentice_redeemed.jpg

So, who knows how it happens, but there's a mini for it.

Dr. Phibbs McAthey on
  • MattieMattie Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Luckily there are multiple endings.

Mattie on
    3DS Code 0001-3323-2884
    Xbox Live Gamertag: Suplex86
  • OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Hybridzerg wrote: »

But now I wanna launch rancors into space.

Off-Road Velociraptor Safari set in the Star Wars universe. Rancors with monocles, tooling around in oversized snowspeeders and hurling other Rancors into mountains.

Orogogus on
  • CalaveronCalaveron Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    There will probably be plenty of saber combat seeing as how you're hunting down and killing Jedi.

Also wiki says
    The Wii version was announced on September 18, 2007 and will utilize the motion sensing and accelerometer capabilities of the Wii Remote (simulating the ability to wield a lightsaber) and its Nunchuk attachment (used to perform Force powers). The Wii version will also feature an exclusive duel mode for two players.[5] Five levels of gameplay will be exclusive to the Wii, including a Jedi Temple level.[6]
    Wait, wait, wait, the Wii version is getting all the same levels as the 360/PS3 versions AND five extra levels?
    That's... a first.

Calaveron on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Calaveron wrote: »

Also wiki says
    Wait, wait, wait, the Wii version is getting all the same levels as the 360/PS3 versions AND five extra levels?
    That's... a first.

But there will be significant downgrades in gameplay I hear, much the same with the PS2 version.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Something tells me the physics won't be as impressive on the Wii. And when you consider who is developing it, I reckon quality won't be either.

Cynic Jester on
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    If the Wii version doesn't have homosexual stormtroopers I will be so angry

Khavall on
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Some of you guys are going to hate me for this, but those who follow the Star Wars miniatures line have been spoil'd somewhat on the redemption of the apprentice for some time now because of the Force Unleashed series (spoiler is a real spoiler, open at your own risk):

Who is that?

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2008
    Spoit wrote: »

Who is that?

MAJOR SPOILERS: That's the
    main character.

Fig-D on
  • SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    chasm wrote: »
    Tom Ato wrote: »
    One thing I'm wondering about...
    I saw a video where one of the developers talked a little about the story, saying Princess Leia shows up later on in the game and has a direct effect on the character and because of the character's actions, allows for Episode 4 to happen. This better not mean that this dark jedi guy steals the Death Star plans. If I remember correctly, I believe Kyle Katarn is the man responsible for that little bit of awesomeness.
    I'll just say that, by now, about half the beings in the fucking universe have had a hand in stealing the Death Star plans.

Nah...just Bria Tharen.
    Apparently Biggs Darklighter played courier for some of the schematics from Orron III, Bria as you mentioned, Kyle Katarn of course, and I swear I remember at least one more person or group that played a part.

SithDrummer on
    edited February 2008

So I saw something at work yesterday (in the order log for our toys dept) that's an even bigger spoiler, but I'm not going to link the product because it quite literally spoils the ends of multiple endings. I can't unsee...

Fig-D on
  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'll never forget taking a trip to my local record shop one day, a few weeks before Episode I had opened in theaters, and I saw they had the soundtrack up on the new release wall.

So, I picked it up and flipped it over...

Track 15. Qui-Gon's Noble End.

Goddamn it, Tune Town... Spoiler-tag that shit!

Vargas Prime on
  • VoodooVVoodooV Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'll never forget taking a trip to my local record shop one day, a few weeks before Episode I had opened in theaters, and I saw they had the soundtrack up on the new release wall.

So, I picked it up and flipped it over...

Track 15. Qui-Gon's Noble End.

Goddamn it, Tune Town... Spoiler-tag that shit!

haha, same thing happened to me

VoodooV on
  • john_boy-1313john_boy-1313 Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Was 100% happy until I read that there's going to be a novel that will 'enhance the game. More backstory'.

He's an interesting idea: Tell the whole story in the damn game!

I am shocked that Lucas would endorse such a blatantly money-gouging maneuver!

preach on brotha!

also this might become the most ass kicking game ever

john_boy-1313 on
    edited February 2008
    i dont know about anyone else but i was really dissapointed with how all the jedi went out, a real lack of proper death and such, so i am looking forward to destroying whats left of the jedi in the most horrorific way possible

john_boy-1313 on
  • DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2008
    Ya know, I;'m not sure why the Dark Side is feared so much when even the most entrenched can come back.

Besides, hasn't KOTOR already shown that the Light Side sucks as much as the Dark?

DarkWarrior on
    edited February 2008
    jdarksun wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

Who is that?

MAJOR SPOILERS: That's the
    main character.
    I wouldn't really call that a MAJOR SPOILER...
    The devs call it a story of redemption during one of the interview videos. What'd you expect?

In response:
    we know they've called it a story of redemption, but in that getup he's a full fledged Jedi Knight. None of this "realize what I'm doing is wrong at the last minute" stuff. Plus, for those who stick with the Dark Side, there are multiple endings.

Fig-D on
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Damn, I sold my 360.

But oh wait, I bought a PS3 instead.

Ok.

Thats fine.

Dhalphir on
  • XiaNaphryzXiaNaphryz Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    XiaNaphryz on
  • EpiphanyEpiphany Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    You get to play a different character maybe?
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=181616

Epiphany on
    3DS Code- 4700-0094-6364
  • HybridzergHybridzerg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Damn, that Raxus Prime clip Vanity Fair has is awesome.

Could do with a bit more cutting and slashing though.

Hybridzerg on
  • Something WittySomething Witty Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is it hosted elsewhere? That website doesn't work right on my comp.

Something Witty on
    IMWithDentToo.png
    edited February 2008
    i is so exciteds for this games!!!! summer is to damn far away

john_boy-1313 on
    edited February 2008
    New video with cool lookin' enemies here.

Fig-D on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Epiphany wrote: »
    You get to play a different character maybe?
    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=181616

I dunno seems kind of dangerous knighting someone with a lightsaber...

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!
  • grendel824_grendel824_ Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

I'd expect it to be even more dangerous if you're Sith - am I the only one who sees them sometimes taking a swing to see if their apprentice is on the ball enough to see it coming and block it?

grendel824_ on
    edited February 2008

I'd expect it to be even more dangerous if you're Sith - am I the only one who sees them sometimes taking a swing to see if their apprentice is on the ball enough to see it coming and block it?

Darth Dickwadius.

Fig-D on
  • randombattlerandombattle Registered User regular
    edited February 2008

Darth Dickwadius.

Like the jedi were any better.

randombattle on
    itsstupidbutidontcare2.gif
    I never asked for this!