As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

WAR: {Bracket Thread}

• Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Actually, the population on either side has been surprisingly even. Apparently some people don't want to be Destruction? I don't know why.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I might play an Order character if I get bored or something.

BUT NOT RIGHT AWAY.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    ZzuluZzulu Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    unfortunately I can't use the name "Candymancer" on my destruction characters

it just doesn't fit

on a high elf though...

Zzulu on
    t5qfc9.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Candymancers is the name of the Order guild for PA.

The Six Mouths is the Destruction guild.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    RialeRiale I'm a little slow Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so is there going to be an se++ guild for this or is it just goons and gnt fags.

because i would love to be in a PA guild and not have to deal with GnTers and the typical faggotry that results.

also I was in the closed beta for a while and this game is really sex. even though it sounds weird, I would sort of equate it to team fortress 2 the MMO. in that, it's totally possible to just jump in for a few rounds of scenario maps the way one would jump into a TF2 server and just play it. the classes are all pretty cool and bring some interesting balances to the game. i'm gonna be away from a computer when it launches but I am totally getting into this late this month.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
    Steam | XBL: Elazual | Last.fm
  • Options
    HompHomp Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    My Ironbreaker is gonna break all your fucking iron...and skulls.

Homp on
    chosen7171-1.gif
  • Options
    the cheatthe cheat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    yes there will be an SE guild, if i have anything to say about it. and we'd best be on the same server as g and t.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    the cheat wrote: »
    yes there will be an SE guild, if i have anything to say about it. and we'd best be on the same server as g and t.

but on the opposite side, right? I want to kill the order guild.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    They don't know what servers they are going to be on yet, but the G&T Order and Destruction guilds are not going to be on the same server.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    PotUPotU __BANNED USERS regular
    edited September 2008
    TO EVERYONE WHO WANTS TO BE IN THE BETA SO BAD:

I gave my key to Wren but he kinda lost it after a while and now I got the key from Iskander but I'm just handing it out to some other dude.

Your face.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    oh, um, sounds like a fuckin plan!

we'll be destruction on whatever server their order is on.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I am totally stoked for this game. I'm either going to make a warrior priest and crush skulls in the name of Sigmar, or a Witch Hunter and burn people with hot irons and shoot stuff with a flintlock pistol.

The Witch Hunter is my favorite class lore-wise, but from what I've read/seen, it plays sorta like a WoW rogue which I don't like. If I end up playing chaos, though, I'll probably make a squig herder or a goblin shaman.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    i loved being a rogue in WoWs. these witch hunters sound like titties to me.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Also WoW is a much better game.

And I don't even like it!

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    oh, um, sounds like a fuckin plan!

we'll be destruction on whatever server their order is on.

The only problem with this is that we'd probably be on the same side as Carnage.

And Carnage are a bunch of tool faggots.

Daric on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I am assuming that this theme will translate well to MMORPG format

Squig%20Herd%202.jpg

stunties

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Just to reiterate what total cockfags the g&t guys are, I got a warning for saying that the 4.1 patch is amazing but not breaking the NDA and telling everyone about it.

Daric on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    PotU wrote: »

when did you last play in the beta?

because i would have said the same not too long ago but between the changes right before preview weekend and the stuff on the elder servers now it is shaping up to be the PvP mmo.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    ObbiObbi Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited September 2008
    I was surprised to see that Witch Hunters aren't the most popular class in Order side.

Then again, I guess the Bright Wizard does appeal to people more.

I've played magic-based classes for too long, so I'm plannin' to try out the heavy-ended melee side of things. I got a taste of it on Preview Weekend, and it's really an awkward feeling to be the guy that has to be healed in the big fights.

Obbi on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    What saddens me the most is that I know I'll end up playing a healer because that's the only class I've ever been able to enjoy in any MMO

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Riale wrote: »

because i would have said the same not too long ago but between the changes right before preview weekend and the stuff on the elder servers now it is shaping up to be the PvP mmo.

Haha, February.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Daric wrote: »
    Just to reiterate what total cockfags the g&t guys are, I got a warning for saying that the 4.1 patch is amazing but not breaking the NDA and telling everyone about it.

pardon my french but the mods there are so uptight, that if you stuck a lump of coal up their asses, in two weeks you'd have a diamond.

who gives a fuck about this "Carnage" we'll just spit on them!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    coldbird.coldbird. Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    so it saddens you you'll be playing a class you enjoy

coldbird. on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    healing in WAR is pretty swank, though. most of the classes have something that encourages/rewards you to dps while you heal. pvp healing is also a lot more fun because the game is designed around it and it's less of the mana focused pillar humping style of wow.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008

Haha, February.

pffft yeah you got no room to talk. might as well be a different game now.

granted WoW has it totally beaten in PvE, i don't think anyone will contest that. they're different games for different audiences and WAR has MMO PvP pretty much nailed.

Riale on
    33c9nxz.gif
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    healing in WAR is pretty swank, though. most of the classes have something that encourages/rewards you to dps while you heal. pvp healing is also a lot more fun because the game is designed around it and it's less of the mana focused pillar humping style of wow.

Yeah, that is something I am particularly stoked about. Though it's been tried before in other MMO's with little success, I'm still hopeful.
    coldbird. wrote: »
    so it saddens you you'll be playing a class you enjoy

No, it bums me out that I generally never get to experience swathes of content in formulaic online games because I am particularly inclined to fill a certain role

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    we need to think up a guild name!

the fancy nancys!

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008

pardon my french but the mods there are so uptight, that if you stuck a lump of coal up their asses, in two weeks you'd have a diamond.

who gives a fuck about this "Carnage" we'll just spit on them!

Carnage is a Destruction guild that will have its hands in all things related to competition. We plan on having twenty four hour keep watches when we finalize our position, with a five nights a week raiding schedule and thirty five hour playtime/week requirement. Carnage players are gamers at the top of their career; experienced, determined, and dedicated to lead a community to the pinnacle of accomplishment. Carnage plays to win; but only if that win is through respect and honor. We focus on bettering ourselves and our competition by playing our best at all times. We enjoy fighting against those with similar creeds.

From the Guild Leader: Carnage has been preparing for the Warhammer universe for almost two years now. By building a core stronger than steel, we have tirelessly constructed a community that has no boundaries when referring to our progression. The foundation of Carnage is that of respect, competition, and overall drive; drive to become the best player you can. Drive to stay up that extra hour to accomplish whatever goal you set out. Drive to make it so every time you log into the game you feel that you played better than the last. That is what Carnage represents. It represents an unattainable goal that will always be chased; both in game, through our characters, and out of game, through our attitude, our respect, and our charge to always be the best we can be... in any situation.

Daric on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Someone give me a link to the beta client.

You know, PM and shit.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    I fucking love this game. The beta is going so awesome and you guys are going to orgasm multiple times while playing it.

Now wait, is SE going to make up their own guild or are you guys going to piggy back on the Six Mouths guild?

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Fuck TSM and the Candymancers, those guys are fucking lameeee

Daric on
  • Options
    Lucky CynicLucky Cynic Registered User regular
    edited September 2008
    Fuck TSM and the Candymancers, those guys are fucking lameeee

Pfft, says you.

Lucky Cynic on
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I fucking love this game. The beta is going so awesome and you guys are going to orgasm multiple times while playing it.

Now wait, is SE going to make up their own guild or are you guys going to piggy back on the Six Mouths guild?

we're making our own to fuck GnTs shit up.

and yeah, carnage. sounds like serious business. /spit

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Bahahahaha

Also, in regards to the video in the OP, where the fuck is my awesome champion of order? Why is the only rad thing we see there a big fucking generic chaos dragon? It looked like a butchered Tzeetch, but Tzeetch ain't no dragon nossir.

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Someone give me a link to the beta client.

You know, PM and shit.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    Real classy there PotU

Fandyien on
    reposig.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    I have the key, I just don't remember that stupid link for the client is all.

You know, the client that is useless without a key? The one that everyone can download?

Nevermind, though.

PotU on
    2mong9u.jpg
  • Options
    edited September 2008
    eww fileplanet. there's a torrent somewheres. it was going really slow for me though.

the cheat on
    tKfL2Yd.png?1
  • Options
    The_ScarabThe_Scarab Registered User regular
    edited September 2008

You mean the mmo subforum right? I cant find the g&t warhammer thread.

what are the differences between order and chaos in this? are they purely arbitrary like horde alliance or are there mechanical differences?

or to put it another way: the more i hear about this game the more i am slowly putting together a plan on how to play it and where. every little tidbit is drawing me in.

The_Scarab on
This discussion has been closed.