As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hope, happiness and FFFFFFFFF

• Options
    gigawatt666gigawatt666 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: hit my mark of 72 last night, almost done Borean Tundra.
    Hope: the other zones are just as sweet.

gigawatt666 on
    BattleNet i.d. : gigawatt666#11111
    Ps4 : Gigawatt666
    Steam I.D. : Gigawatt666
    LoL : GiG4W4TT
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    MistaC -- misread, I thought you were threatening family members for nonraid. My jokes makes less sense now.

desc on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: hit my mark of 72 last night, almost done Borean Tundra.
    Hope: the other zones are just as sweet.

I liked Borean Tundra more than Howling Fjord, after I went back and did it one I'd completed Tundra.

Dragonblight though? Dragonblight is awesome.

Kelor on
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I hated Borean Tundra. I thought Howling Fjord was alot more fleshed out and exciting. Favorite zone overall is either Grizzly Hills or Icecrown.

Edit:

HATE: Those bomber missions in icecrown (the goblin ones) keep bugging out in the middle of them freezing up my bomber and making all enemy mobs neutral. Shit is annoying.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Zul'drak i think is the best zone. Not only in terms of lore + ambience + decor, but it is designed well. There is an easy, orderly progression to it that minimizes running around, if you go through it. There are a few annoying bits (everyone zone has them), but they are minor enough not to detract from the overall experience. Fuck alchemist finklestein, though, and commander whosits with his scruffy toe lint. But other then that, best new zone.

Could have fleshed out the last part of the zone (around gundrak) with more quests, but maybe we'll see those when they add the obligatory troll raid.

dojango on
  • Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I like Fjord much better than the Tundra, just on aesthetics.

Hate: Quest disguises that only work in their particular region. I was planning on keeping both the Worg disguise from Fjord and the Scourge disguise from Zul'Drak till I found out you can't use them anywhere else. :( Still might keep the Scourge disguise.

Happy: Either tonight or tomorrow will be my first incursion into Naxx. :)

chrono_traveller on
    The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    MistaCreepyMistaCreepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Yeah Zul Drak is very nice. Besides Borean tundra Ive liked all of the zones so far and that questline in storm peaks where you get turned into a giant vyrkul woman (with rude titties) is awesome. Setting wolves and frost giants on fire while riding a giant polar bear should be a staple in all games.

MistaCreepy on
    PS3: MistaCreepy::Steam: MistaCreepy::360: Dead and I don't feel like paying to fix it.
  • Options
    LineNoizLineNoiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: while sitting around in LFG for a nexus run, I get asked by a guildie if I would like to heal Old Kingdom. And I'm like "Wurr is dat at?" Because I've finished the Fjord and started on the Tundra and that's the extent of my Northrend experience. I'm reluctant, but he coerces and cajoles me and so I go. And it was smoooth. And I got a bunch of blues. Then we immediately run Azjol'newhatever and it was equally smooth and I got even more blues.

And now I got a bunch of blues and got to try out full-disc healing with the shields and the aegis and the penance and it was good.

LineNoiz on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Love: Shield of Righteousness. "Hey dude, that's a cool shie... OH GOD MY FACE WHY ARE YOU HITTING ME WITH IT?!"

I was critting things for 4k+ with it. So. Much. Fun. Still trying to think of a cool macro emote or /say to add while using it.

Hope: That I can tank Heroic Utgarde with only 18k unbuffed HP. (Saw another Protadin with 25k health earlier...)

ffffffffffff: Amazingly, I can't really think of one right now related to WoW... I think that's the first time ever.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I certainly thought the Fjord looked great, but Borean Tundra seems to have better quests, and better versatility. HF is basically Vrykul and more Vrykul, with some Tuskarr thrown in, and it all looks the same except for a small bit of snow.

BT has hugely ominous scourge zones, like right outside the Horde starting base, and it has murloc quests, and the mage fields near Amber ledge, and dragon-magery in Coldarra, and then a freakin' Necropolis.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    All I have to say is, that quest in Zul'Drak with the giant dude... pure unadultered win. :^:

I love Zul Drak, great zone.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    I liked Zul'Drak a lot. I really likes Sholazar more but unfortunately Sholazar lacked content in comparison to ZD.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Septus wrote: »
    I certainly thought the Fjord looked great, but Borean Tundra seems to have better quests, and better versatility. HF is basically Vrykul and more Vrykul, with some Tuskarr thrown in, and it all looks the same except for a small bit of snow.

BT has hugely ominous scourge zones, like right outside the Horde starting base, and it has murloc quests, and the mage fields near Amber ledge, and dragon-magery in Coldarra, and then a freakin' Necropolis.

While I think that Fjord over has a more consistent theme overall, I thought the quests were better in the Tundra both in itemization (for dps classes anyway, more crit and less haste) and removing the need to travel as far from the quest hubs. Aesthetically Fjord does look better, Tundra has more areas and some really wildly varying terrain.

Besides, I don't see Fjord quests that let me dress up as a murloc and run around.

Kelor on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Tundra is a grab bag. It has a lot of neat stuff, but no real continuity.

Fjord has continuity, but it's more spread out and there's fewer "wow, cool" moments than there were in Borean (although the ones fjord does have are awesome.)

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Dyscord wrote: »
    Tundra is a grab bag. It has a lot of neat stuff, but no real continuity.

Fjord has continuity, but it's more spread out and there's fewer "wow, cool" moments than there were in Borean (although the ones fjord does have are awesome.)

I like Howling Fjord because "Holy shit i'm killing giants", is fun. I just found those models to be really neat looking and well animated. Was a lot of fun killing them en masse.

Borean was just too much. It never seemed to end, and the quests were pretty meh. None of the questlines really stuck out in my mind at all and were very fragmented.

Dragonblight is pure awesome. I love the quests there, especially the ones near the keep that you have to go back to a bajillion times. It's like, right outside the town gates and the continuity was great. Not to mention the end all be all questline, you know the one. \

Grizzly hills was fun as well, short, sweet, fun quests. It was nice to get in and out of there pretty quickly.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    i really liked borean

it was so big that just exploring was awesome

loved the downed necropolis

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    ffffffffffffff: can't play until wednesday :(

815165 on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Forar wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Rizzi wrote: »
    Hope: My rogue starts to get a little more fun. I like sneakin' around and killin' shit, but I wish I had a little more survivability.

Evasion? or Vanish and run?

It's not as bad as the 2.X'ish days of "chaining cleaves for EVERYONE!", but rogue survivability is getting iffy in pve again, in my experience.

We're one of the lowest armour classes in the game (most of the cloth wearers can put up self buffs that match or exceed what we wear) and while our HP pool has jumped again, many bosses seem to have some very nasty "fuck you, melee range folks! Hope you're built like a tank, hee hee hee" abilities.

As people gear up it'll become less of an issue, but right now it's a bit rough in some instances.

Doubly so when you're using Tricks of the Trade on the tank to make the run smoother, and the fucker turns a boss with a "Pound everything in front of me for 40,000 fucking damage" (fucking damage, like holy damage, being mostly unresistable) on top of you.

I'm seeing a lot of "fuck you melee" whirlwinds.

There's Skadi in Utgarde Pinnacle, the heroic only boss in The Nexus with the bunch of frozen guys around him...Dark Touched Warriors in the Military Wing trash of Naxxramas...

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Am I the only one who saw the big, 80 elite guy in Zul'Drak and thought "Sentinals?! Where's that whiny bitch Cyclops and Wolverine?"

Other than that, I LOVE Dragonblight.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Cokebotle wrote: »
    Am I the only one who saw the big, 80 elite guy in Zul'Drak and thought "Sentinals?! Where's that whiny bitch Cyclops and Wolverine?"

No, I thought "Sentinel's"

But yes, first thing that came to my mind when I saw him.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Wavechaser wrote: »

No, I thought "Sentinel's"

But yes, first thing that came to my mind when I saw him.

Eh, spelling is overrated... :P

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    [...]that whiny bitch Cyclops[...]

no u
    aston29cb.jpg
    aston9bk.jpg

desc on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Images blocked at work, so I'll retort to that later tonight when I'm at home and can safely view images without being yelled at in technical, formal moon language about how I'm hacking the gibson illegally or something.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Spoiler Spoiled
    Cyclops is kinda the Marvel version of Aquaman these days. Some writers like to make him look great, which just makes him look sillier when everybody else writes him.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Ah, so he's still a whiny bitch.

Cool.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    ffffffffff

This is the wrong forum, but I have a hard time reading X-Men Secret Invasion and summarizing the Summers character as a whiny bitch. Writers realized that is not interesting.

3 bubbles till 70 on main rogue.

desc on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Fair enough.

WoW related:

Annoyed: Server maintenance always happens during times I wanna play, so instead I'll be watching random, hopefully funny Japanese movie tonight.

Hope: Tomorrow I can find groups for Halls of Lightning and Stone to see some new stuff while I'm tearing through mobs in Zul'Drak.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    OboroOboro __BANNED USERS regular
    edited December 2008
    Annoyed: Did some Heroics with a Hunter even more geared than me today. Basically, the Hunter puts up Misdirect before each pull, and then starts DPSing as soon as we see the mobs, regardless of how far the tank is or where the tank is or what the tank is doing or what the mob is or anything else. And the Hunter just stands in one place, and shoots, while I run out of whirlwinds; get feared; get Arcane Blasted; have to move out of poison clouds; dodge the Blizzard; Interrupt and/or Stun mobs.

Stupid Hunters and their simple, simple lives of Autoshot/Steady Shot. :x

Oboro on
    words
  • Options
    Dark HelmetDark Helmet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hope: Getting the Skull-Clad Cleaver off of Loken in Heroic Halls of Lightning!

Happy: Staggering Legplates off of Ingval on Heroic. I felt bad for the other warrior and dk who lost out on the roll.

Hate: Asshole coworker who completely destroyed my playing schedule because he decided to show up to work drunk and got fired...2 fucking days before the expansion hit.

Dark Helmet on
    warrioricon4.pngrogueicon1.pngpaladinicon1.pnghuntericon2.png

And my poor Death Knight that couldn't afford an icon.
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2008
    He had to free up that playing time for WoW.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Hope: Getting the Skull-Clad Cleaver off of Loken in Heroic Halls of Lightning!

Happy: Staggering Legplates off of Ingval on Heroic. I felt bad for the other warrior and dk who lost out on the roll.

Hate: Asshole coworker who completely destroyed my playing schedule because he decided to show up to work drunk and got fired...2 fucking days before the expansion hit.

Considering all the people getting laid off, you should probably be happy your boss still wants to give you hours.

Seg on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    And hey, you're already level 80, something worked out.

I'm stuck at 72, because my work hours have increased and I've got to study for some fffffffffff -ucking exam for business school.

ffffffffffffff

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    TheEmergedTheEmerged Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Seg wrote: »
    Hate: coworker who completely destroyed my playing schedule because he decided to show up to work drunk and got fired...2 days before the expansion hit.

Considering all the people getting laid off, you should probably be happy your boss still wants to give you hours.

Verily.

TheEmerged on
    Sometimes, the knights are the monsters
  • Options
    Dark HelmetDark Helmet Registered User regular
    edited December 2008

Actually, that spectre of lay offs recently passed over my workplace like the Angel of Death. The powers that be decided to be generous enough to paint some lamb's blood over our door. If not for the months training needed to learn our jobs, I would probably have been canned. So, as of the latest news, my job is as secure as one can hope for in these times. But I am still pissed at that stupid dickhead.

And the whole impending financial collapse of the world I also find very inconvenient to my playing schedule.

Dark Helmet on
    warrioricon4.pngrogueicon1.pngpaladinicon1.pnghuntericon2.png

And my poor Death Knight that couldn't afford an icon.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Happy: Tanked herioc violet hold with one of my favorite healers, couple of my favorite dps and a pug 'lock. All in all was going well till we got to the second boss. Of all the luck we got the voidwalker guy, the one with the shadowshift debuff. I didn't have to time to really explain the fight since two of the people had never been there, add shadowbolt army spawns and we wipe. Go back through a second time and I explain the boss and boom full clear no deaths. Still like instance and the trash even on the second time through still gives rep.

Hate: Ice on my car in the mornings, screw that stuf.

Damn awesome:
    Did the quest in Icecrown where you play as Arthas slaughtering the Alliance at the broken front. God that was so freaking cool.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Happy: Tanked herioc violet hold with one of my favorite healers, couple of my favorite dps and a pug 'lock. All in all was going well till we got to the second boss. Of all the luck we got the voidwalker guy, the one with the shadowshift debuff. I didn't have to time to really explain the fight since two of the people had never been there, add shadowbolt army spawns and we wipe. Go back through a second time and I explain the boss and boom full clear no deaths. Still like instance and the trash even on the second time through still gives rep.

Hate: Ice on my car in the mornings, screw that stuf.

Damn awesome:
    Did the quest in Icecrown where you play as Arthas slaughtering the Alliance at the broken front. God that was so freaking cool.

D:D:D:

I hate contextless spoilers.

HATE: Getting Icecrown quests spoiled for me when I've been trying to avoid having them spoiled. :( Still in Zul'Drak here.

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    If you want to talk about work
    I think we gain and lose one to two people a week since the summer.

A happy and hate I am leveling my night elf rogue I just don't like the gear I am getting it's either tons of stamina or agility with attack power
    I am just very curious why most of the gear I have seen from leveling my warlock and now my rogue kind of sucks with going one way or the other with the basic stats

Brainleech on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    A happy and hate I am leveling my night elf rogue I just don't like the gear I am getting it's either tons of stamina or agility with attack power

o_O Well what would you prefer, strength with some additional spirit and spell power?

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited December 2008
    Maybe he means either/or exclusive? IE, lots of stam with no AP or agi, or AP + agi with no stam?

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited December 2008
    Well, if he's seeing items with lots of stamina with no AP or agi, he should delete the "of Stamina" from his Auction House search box.

edit; But yeah, I can see how having one important stat missing from an item would be annoying (hi early Northrend stam/spellpower-but-no-int-or-spirit-whatsoever caster gear).

reVerse on
This discussion has been closed.