Options

[WoW] [Chat] The Horde Employs Cylon Paladins!

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Nocturne wrote: »
    Since I hadn't done Ogri'la dailies in ages, I almost forgot about AA guns. I remember one of the first quests from K3 I didn't read thoroughly, and I was all "Psh, a mindfield? Ha! I'll just fly right to the WHAT THE FUCK AAAAAHHH!"

Hahaha oh man, I just started doing some quests at 80 for gold, rep and to unphase some stuff that I never got around too (I KNOW I KNOW)

Just did this quest and the EXACT SAME THING happened.

I was like...minefield ok ok no problem I'll just fly in on my dragon snag the thing and fly out KABOOM

landed on a mine

KABOOM

KABOOM

KABOOM

Eventually a couple guildies came by to watch me repeatedly fail at getting to the quest item.

Took me about an hour but it was hella fun (hyperbole)

Arch on
  • Options
    CuntyCunty Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    oddly enough, i also did that quest yesterday
    took me literally 1 minute

got onto my flying mount, jumped slightly so i was close to the ground and flew towards it, boom, repeat, boom, repeat, boom, repeat, boom, snagged

persistence is the name of the game

I'm still not exactly sure how that quest is meant to be done

Cunty on
    gameintownk.png
  • Options
    AzareanAzarean Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I just Ran my first Heroic. Nay, first Dungeon in WoW. Ever.

Shit was Intense to me. Violet Hold, 5 Emblems of...er..Heroism, both the normal and Heroic VH achievement, and...er..Dehydration, although I'm not truthfully completely sure what went on. There was the main guy, he popped, then a bunch of smaller guys got fried when someone in my group hit a defence thing? I dunno, but still...EXCITEMENT HO!

Azarean on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Azarean wrote: »

Shit was Intense to me. Violet Hold, 5 Emblems of...er..Heroism, both the normal and Heroic VH achievement, and...er..Dehydration, although I'm not truthfully completely sure what went on. There was the main guy, he popped, then a bunch of smaller guys got fried when someone in my group hit a defence thing? I dunno, but still...EXCITEMENT HO!

haha, awesome. I've got a guildy that was perfectly content with lowlevel pvp for what seemed like years. He didn't have a max-level toon, and didn't particularly want one. Just one of nearly every class with a level ending in "9". He's finally decided to take a paladin to 80 (I think he accidentally hit 60 or something), and I'm looking forward to seeing his reaction to heroics/raiding/etc.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Cunty wrote: »
    oddly enough, i also did that quest yesterday
    took me literally 1 minute

got onto my flying mount, jumped slightly so i was close to the ground and flew towards it, boom, repeat, boom, repeat, boom, repeat, boom, snagged

persistence is the name of the game

I've only ever done it as a rogue, so I just disarmed the shit out of those mines. Walked right up, snagged the quest item, dumb NPC laments not being able to leave despite the fact that I just cleared a path for him, so I leave him to his fate.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Eh, the mine field is funny if you can aim well. I just used my druid cheats and shifted in mid-air to land right in the middle and avoid the mines completely.

shadowane on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Azarean wrote: »

I remember running RFC for the first time, we wiped on the first groups of Orcs a few times and decided we'd come back at lunch time the next day to finish it off.

Good times!

815165 on
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I think there is a path that takes you through without triggering any mines.

Grobian on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Grobian wrote: »

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    MouschiMouschi Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Yeah, but then you have to get the achievement anyway, which involves bouncing around for a long time.

So why not bounce to the quest NPC!

Mouschi on
    1848717-1.png
    Gamertag: Cunning Hekate // League of Legends: FeroxPA
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    My first dungeon run was Deadmines. I was the tank and I was like "I'm so badass honk honk honk". We're under attack! Repel the invaders!

I wish the horde had a good low level dungeon. RFC is a joke and WC was designed by some asshole who hates the rest of humanity.

TTODewback on
    Bless your heart.
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    TTODewback wrote: »
    My first dungeon run was Deadmines. I was the tank and I was like "I'm so badass honk honk honk". We're under attack! Repel the invaders!

I wish the horde had a good low level dungeon. RFC is a joke and WC was designed by some asshole who hates the rest of humanity.

Oh yea Deadmines is soooo awesome!

My fiancee and I took our paladins through there (RAF, so this is her first time playing it and seeing this place) and she couldn't stop laughing at all the fun stuff in there. She was blown away by some of the complexity (Shredder-> sneed, and the scene with Smite).

She was less happy about winning the roll for Cookie's Tenderizer and me joking that she was required to equip it.

Arch on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The most compelling argument anyone has ever made regards to Blizzard favouring the Alliance over the Horde is comparing the Deadmines to the Wailing Caverns.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    reVerse wrote: »
    The most compelling argument anyone has ever made regards to Blizzard favouring the Alliance over the Horde is comparing the Deadmines to the Wailing Caverns.

At least until Douchebag Mcjerk-king was invented

Arch on
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Wailing Caverns is a better dungeon than Dead Mines.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009

If you're stupid, crazy and delusional, sure.

reVerse on
  • Options
    Steel-AngelSteel-Angel Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is it just me, or has there been an alarming decline in content quality as of late?

I mean, compare these trailers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLkaSxt23E8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MtnK9STuOg

The dialogue is borderline incoherent on the Ulduar trailer, dear god.

Steel-Angel on
    signaturep.jpg
  • Options
    MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Grobian wrote: »

Yes, it is very simple. You have to be a monkey to not be able to finish that quest, seriously.

Mgcw on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Deadmines is completely linear, just like wrath dungeons. Talk about boring design.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    HalfmexHalfmex I mock your value system You also appear foolish in the eyes of othersRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009
    The accusation/rumor that's been flying around is that WoW is now being worked on by the 'B' team (so, not headed by Kaplan). People are speculating that this is the reason behind the purported decline in content quality.

Personally I've really enjoyed the direction that the game has taken, functionally at least.

Halfmex on
  • Options
    edited July 2009

Deadmines is completely linear, just like wrath dungeons. Talk about boring design.

And the Wailing Caverns is a horrible labyrinthine mess with the exact same scenery (a cave, how thrilling) from the beginning to the end. Talk about boring design.
    Halfmex wrote: »
    The accusation/rumor that's been flying around is that WoW is now being worked on by the 'B' team (so, not headed by Kaplan). People are speculating that this is the reason behind the purported decline in content quality.

Personally I've really enjoyed the direction that the game has taken, functionally at least.

I enjoy the somewhat faster pace of patches, and espesially the much faster pace bug fixes of different kinds.

reVerse on
  • Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Also Deadmines has Mr. Smite which is an auto-win.

mynameisguido on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I don't think many people would argue that the game's mechanics have only improved. But the lore, scope and (to a lesser extent) the art are really suffering (imo). They've already abandoned large swathes of the intended WotLK sub-plots (Azjol'Nerub as a zone, Grizzlemaw, seemingly the REST of the Dragonshrine portals etc etc). All in favour of ramping out the next expac asap.

I'm going to venture an (completely unfounded) opinion and state that i believe we're now entering the autumn of WoW's lifespan. Beta was it's birth, Vanilla was it's adolescence, TBC was it's coming of age and wrath is it's adulthood (you know, the part where you first settle down and start your family; boy am i kicking the shit out of this analogy...). The next one, unless the above problems improve, will be it's mid-life crisis; leading into old age etc.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Well they did say they wanted to release an expac every year. I guess some of the planned content took a hit to make that happen.

Poketpixie on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Very likely, Euphoriac.

Most MMOs have a bit of a Honeymoon period that tends to last right around the first expansion or so. Then people start to fall into one side of the fence or the other (stay or leave).

Honestly though, I really can't envision a time where this game will no longer be profitable. Heck, the Everquest MMO on the PS2 is STILL profitable, despite no longer being sold in stores (to the best of my knowledge) AND requiring a monthly fee equivalent to that of WoW.

I really do wonder if/when they'll ever shut this game down for good?

Halfmex on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Arch wrote: »

At least until Douchebag Mcjerk-king was invented
    Yeah but Horde Pally t9.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Anyone who thinks the quality of content is on the decline should run through the quests in Dragonblight again and compare it to everything that came before it.

815165 on
  • Options
    PotatoNinjaPotatoNinja Fake Gamer Goat Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    815165 wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks the quality of content is on the decline should run through the quests in Dragonblight again and compare it to everything that came before it.

Their quest department continues to improve. Their armor design department has some things to answer for.

PotatoNinja on
    Two goats enter, one car leaves
  • Options
    FugaFuga Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Is it just me, or has there been an alarming decline in content quality as of late?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLkaSxt23E8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MtnK9STuOg

are you kidding, the first one is horrible.

Fuga on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Should've linked the trailer where Zul'jin gives his little monologue.

Also, the first video isn't as good as the second.

Henroid on
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited July 2009

[trailers]

The trailer for Ulduar is better. Its not high cinema, but the one for Sunwell is pretty eh. Content quality has only gone up. WotLK is leagues better than BC in art, design, quests, end game structure, etc. etc.

I'm not saying it doesn't have problems, but I honestly get confused by people who say the quality has gone down.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    If there's anything to be said of the two trailers linked, the Sunwell one probably is cooler for having to do with something shown in a previous Warcraft game.

The Ulduar trailer is better in terms of actually having dialog and not being as lazy about animations used by characters in it. But it's about stuff that people who pay attention to lore would know about. Anyone else would probably think, "Oh, just some bullshit."

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The Blood Elf story is miles more compelling than the Ulduar one, even in Wrath (I wish you could skip 21-50 on a Belf and just do the zones that are very relevant to them, some awesome storytelling there), but the newer trailer is still a sign that they're not resting on their laurels as far as production quality goes.

815165 on
  • Options
    EndEnd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Euphoriac wrote: »
    I don't think many people would argue that the game's mechanics have only improved. But the lore, scope and (to a lesser extent) the art are really suffering (imo). They've already abandoned large swathes of the intended WotLK sub-plots (Azjol'Nerub as a zone, Grizzlemaw, seemingly the REST of the Dragonshrine portals etc etc). All in favour of ramping out the next expac asap.

I suspect they tried to put too many plot lines into WotLK, and part of the poor quality in certain areas is from having to cut some materiel out, and merge things together.

End on
    I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Uh, lorewise, WotLK is superior to TBC. Gameplay wise, sure its a simplified mess in comparison, but as for story? The levelling quests are directly tied to the endgame raiding plot in a very well done way.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    The art suffered? The artwork has improved over the previous patch and vanilla game. All the armor in WotLK makes me feel like playing through vanilla-wow and TBC is punishment because my character doesn't look as cool as he should.

Henroid on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited July 2009

I'm going to venture an (completely unfounded) opinion and state that i believe we're now entering the autumn of WoW's lifespan. Beta was it's birth, Vanilla was it's adolescence, TBC was it's coming of age and wrath is it's adulthood (you know, the part where you first settle down and start your family; boy am i kicking the shit out of this analogy...). The next one, unless the above problems improve, will be it's mid-life crisis; leading into old age etc.

Where's your evidence that Grizzlemaw was ever intended to be more than a quest area?

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    Henroid wrote: »
    The art suffered? The artwork has improved over the previous patch and vanilla game. All the armor in WotLK makes me feel like playing through vanilla-wow and TBC is punishment because my character doesn't look as cool as he should.

I left this out, but yes, WoW actually feels like Warcraft again.

TBC had the best PvE content of the three, but in every other aspect, WotLK has it beat.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    Where's your evidence that Grizzlemaw was ever intended to be more than a quest area?

It only involved one quest for alliance (maybe more for horde but there can't be that much more). And for that, they have a massive icon on the map. Also, we're led to believe via quests that Yogg'Saron is down there. Well he isn't. He's 'tacked on' to Ulduar.

EDIT: By art i definately meant the armour and weapons. Nothing new from Naxx and Ulduar's thematics don't 'do it' for me. And the Arena Tourney? Don't get me started; Plenty has been said on those.

Euphoriac on
  • Options
    edited July 2009
    It only involved one quest for alliance (maybe more for horde but there can't be that much more). And for that, they have a massive icon on the map. Also, we're led to believe via quests that Yogg'Saron is down there. Well he isn't. He's 'tacked on' to Ulduar.

He's an elder god, and has escaped, he has minions doing his business in several dungeons.

But I was mostly talking about the scourge, as they are the primary villains.

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
This discussion has been closed.