As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vroooom - Automocar Factual Information

• Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    offhand comment, i was surprised by a reply to an edmunds long-term blog post about the mazda CX-9

the person said that the third row is strictly for children

i don't know what kind of children he's having, because i specifically checked out the third row with my buddy at a car show, and both of us being 6' we were surprised at how much room we had. knees a little high but otherwise plenty of legroom and headroom and even shoulder room.

damn fatties

Faricazy on
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yes, but the 2010 Flex gets a twin turbo 3.5L V6 that gets about the same 16/22 mpg but makes close to A HUNDRED MORE horse power.

Someone shove that thing into a Mustang please.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    GIMME MAH GUMMINT CHECK

fat_kid_1.jpg

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jwalk wrote: »
    WHAT THE FUCK it's a fucking 747 in there.

This shit really qualifies for the "clunkers" rebate?

What the fuck America? I thought this shit was for "economy" cars??

19 FUCKING MPG WHAT??

OH!!!

LET ME BUY A SHITMOBILE FOR $500 FROM CRAZY LARRY'S USED CAR LOT AND GET A $4500 REBATE FROM DA GUMMINT ON A FUCKGANTIC SUV ??

Cash for clunkers requires you to have owned and insured the car for a year before it becomes eligible for trade in.

Dude, 19 mpg city is a good number for something the size of a small county that makes 350 horsepower.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yes, but the 2010 Flex gets a twin turbo 3.5L V6 that gets about the same 16/22 mpg but makes close to A HUNDRED MORE horse power.

see, this is a good plan in theory but

the ford v8 noise is what makes the mustang. there's no substitute.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »

I'm a rebel man.

I'll risk the scorn of driving a non-v8 mustang if I means I can kick some ass.

What I really want is an EcoBoost 4 spanked up to 300 some odd horse power, with the track pack suspension. Dust off the old SVO badges and call it a day. V8 power, with less weight. I would even get a license plate that said NotAV8.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I'm a rebel man.

What I really want is an EcoBoost 4 spanked up to 300 some odd horse power, with the track pack suspension. Dust off the old SVO badges and call it a day. V8 power, with less weight. I would even get a license plate that said NotAV8.
    the biggest fag

you'd be laughed out of america

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I'm a rebel man.

the biggest fag

you'd be laughed out of america

They'd have to catch me first.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    you could probably say something about soccer moms and toby keith/occ dads and consumerism regarding the flex, but i am not going to bother

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Yeah but anything that gets less than 20 mpg IS a fucking clunker. So we're gonna hand out phat gubbamint checks for people to trade in their 17mpg clunkers for 19mpg Fatmobiles?

How about we say, 25mpg combined for a start? Shit my 7 year old ricer does around 24 combined (20s around town, short trips, up to 34-36 highway cruising) and it's NO fucking economy car.

STOP HAVING 8 CHUBBY CHILDREN AMERICA!

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The vehicle must also get 10 more mpg on average than the vehicle you are trading in to get the $4500.

Something like 80% of the vehicles turned in so far have been trucks, and the most PURCHASED vehicle has been the Ford Focus.

The average fuel economy increase in the purchased vehicles so far has been 9.4 Mpg. Considering the clunker cut off is 18mpg, that is a possible increase to 24.4 mpg which is right around your ranting numbers.

I think the program is doing what you want it to be doing.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jwalk wrote: »
    Yeah but anything that gets less than 20 mpg IS a fucking clunker. So we're gonna hand out phat gubbamint checks for people to trade in their 17mpg clunkers for 19mpg Fatmobiles?

How about we say, 25mpg combined for a start? Shit my 7 year old ricer does around 24 combined (20s around town, short trips, up to 34-36 highway cruising) and it's NO fucking economy car.

STOP HAVING 8 CHUBBY CHILDREN AMERICA!
    once again

it is a seven-seater

one two three four five six seven seats

are you being retarded on purpose or what

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    smart_car.jpg
    In Europe, this seats seven.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    2010-ford-flex-ecoboost-1.jpeg
    29_25_30---Red-Mini-Cooper_web.jpg

Iskander on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They are both red and have a white top yes

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    phew... i thought i was the only one who saw that...

Iskander on
  • Options
    Dr.FunkensteinDr.Funkenstein Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    got yo back brahmalamadingdong

Dr.Funkenstein on
    TERRORSQUADSIG.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    It only has to get 4 mpg better to qualify for a $3500 credit.

It's a good program I'm just saying it could be better. Nothing that gets less than 20 mpg should qualify for dick. It's supposed to get gas guzzlers off the road not prop up SUV sales.

jwalk on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    well if you're going from a pickup getting 8mpg to a new pickup/suv/whatever getting 19mpg+, that's a pretty good deal

Usagi on
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    45MPG whoop whoop 8-)

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    a lot of people are trading in trucks or vans for focuses and priuses, according to some car sites I can't remember, so that is a good thing.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    The Nissan Leaf sounds pretty promising

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Saw the Tesla on Top Gear last night. Holy shit I want one!!

Except... not really.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    So anybody know a good resource for figuring out how to fix the trunk-access latch on the rear driver's-side seat?

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Okay, so i got my suspension and the oilpan/gasket fixed for 130 (and tipped 20). All in all, the estimate paying to have it done should have cost 400+ but I now have a hook up at a dealership (awesome).

Anyways, I need to ditch these 18s in favor of powder white 4 bolt 16". (taking suggestions)

Also, the problem with the suspension was not any of the parts, in fact they were new. The problem was that whoever installed them didn't finish The right shock was almost completely detached from the frame of the car the mechanic said. He attached it, adjusted it, and rebalanced my wheels for like 10 bucks. Ride is so much better now.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    There's also something whacky with the fuel gauge after it gets below half a tank, causing it to fluctuate from half to empty almost constantly.

The level sensor in the tank has worn out and dead shorted on the lower part of the variable resistor.

You need a new level sensor. You may be able to get one second-hand, it will likely come with the fuel pump still fitted to it.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Smart Hero wrote: »
    So anybody know a good resource for figuring out how to fix the trunk-access latch on the rear driver's-side seat?

Workshop manual. If you want, you can buy one (will probably cost at least a hundred bucks) Or head to your local VW dealer with a carton of beer under your arm and ask to photocopy the page of the manual that has the latch on it.

Get a replacement latch off a seat at a wreckers and fit it yourself. Shouldn't take more than 10 minutes.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Okay, so i got my suspension and the oilpan/gasket fixed for 130 (and tipped 20). All in all, the estimate paying to have it done should have cost 400+ but I now have a hook up at a dealership (awesome).

Anyways, I need to ditch these 18s in favor of powder white 4 bolt 16". (taking suggestions)

Also, the problem with the suspension was not any of the parts, in fact they were new. The problem was that whoever installed them didn't finish The right shock was almost completely detached from the frame of the car the mechanic said. He attached it, adjusted it, and rebalanced my wheels for like 10 bucks. Ride is so much better now.

Suggestion for hot 16 inch white wheels: Buddy Club P1 Racing SF.

They look like this on a Civic: 297158748_691416f904_o.jpg

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Just type "RIMZZZZ" in google and pick the phattest ones.

Or... I like the Kosei K1, very light and inexpensive (under $200 for 17"s) so if you bend one on the track you aren't out thousands of fucking dollars...

jwalk on
  • Options
    msuitepyonmsuitepyon Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Still got any left?

msuitepyon on
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

This is a ridiculous price for getting that done.
    It cost me something like 120 bucks for the Pan+Gasket for my car, and I replaced them myself.

George Fornby Grill on
  • Options
    sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    how difficult is it to replace manual transmission fluid?

maybe this isn't something I should be doing myself

spono on
    640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    the only acceptable white on the wheels is the white from your whitewall tires

potatoe on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Oh god I would murder for a set of those.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    if we're going to dish wheels, i have to throw in my downright sexual urges for HRE monoblocks, especially on the new M3

3006511764_0ff31972ef_b.jpg

3023502418_c44349e6c3_b.jpg

3022675883_1a2dd75e23_b.jpg

that's it

dead end

perfect wheels

last stop, everybody out

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    18.8 lbs for 15"ers?? PASS.
    My 17"s are 14lbs.

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My god...those are machined from a solid chunk of aluminum aren't they. I cannot imagine the cost of those.

There is something to be said about a simple wheel. Too many after market wheels have crazy angles and curves that just make no sense.

Also-
    http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Shelby&wheelModel=Torq-Thrust+M&wheelFinish=Black+w%2FMach+Lip

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    My god...those are machined from a solid chunk of aluminum aren't they. I cannot imagine the cost of those.

There is something to be said about a simple wheel. Too many after market wheels have crazy angles and curves that just make no sense.

Also-
    http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=wheelCloseUp&wheelMake=Shelby&wheelModel=Torq-Thrust+M&wheelFinish=Black+w%2FMach+Lip
    arrow_bullet_ongray.gifView wheels for your:
    04 Civic EX Sedan

ahahahahaha

Faricazy on
This discussion has been closed.