As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Vroooom - Automocar Factual Information

• Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Was looking for the white wheels for the civic, which now that I think about it, is older than 04.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    FaricazyFaricazy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    please buy them

be sure to leave the Shelby logos on

it's going to be precious

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I used to have a photo on my phone of a Toyota pickup with Mustang Cobra R wheels. I really didn't know what to make of it.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    potatoepotatoe Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    i think i need some fly rimz for my ride

spinnaz are still in style...right?
    how about floaters?

potatoe on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2009
    bros i have 5 Vin lookups yet expiring soon!

Also I'm on vacation now, the new car was awesome on the 6 hour drive

Unknown User on
  • Options
    WezoinWezoin Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I used to have a photo on my phone of a Toyota pickup with Mustang Cobra R wheels. I really didn't know what to make of it.

Some douche at my school has a 2000ish Sunfire with lambo doors, and maserati wheels. Lambo doors I can deal with, yeah you're a stupid douche, why the hell do you want wheels that say Maserati on them on your sunfire.

Wezoin on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Wezoin wrote: »

Some douche at my school has a 2000ish Sunfire with lambo doors, and maserati wheels. Lambo doors I can deal with, yeah you're a stupid douche, why the hell do you want wheels that say Maserati on them on your sunfire.
    vdubbers love doing that shit

3750954890_89e6505cbf_o.jpg

3743574893_346217aecb_b.jpg

hang on to something for this one

3744387702_5f003ebe5a_b.jpg

Faricazy on
  • Options
    IskanderIskander Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    oh god damn you fari

Iskander on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Faricazy wrote: »

Man that thing looks BOSS. Just put some VW center caps in the rims and it'd be sweet.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    no it doesn't

it looks idiotic like an idiot's car owned by an idiot

Iskander on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I like 'stealthy' looking wagons - people expect a slow boring car, but underneath is a fucking beast of a car. Like the Audi RS6 Avant.

Limo during the day, and can run low 13s all night at the strip - give it a reflash and a boost up, and we're talking 11s. In a luxury car that can carry around a dressing table and five people.

I love that shit.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    DrZiplockDrZiplock Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    When I was driving my 88 VW Cabriolet there was a website that is now defunct that offered to put up half the cash to drop a VR6 Supercharged engine into it, upgrade the transmission and breaks and run a full exhaust package.

To bad it still would have cost me a fortune. That thing would have been the greatest little sleeper there ever was. All rolling out in Hawaiian print car seat cover, looking old and being as light as all hell. Then....vroom.

DrZiplock on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    I like 'stealthy' looking wagons - people expect a slow boring car, but underneath is a fucking beast of a car. Like the Audi RS6 Avant.

Limo during the day, and can run low 13s all night at the strip - give it a reflash and a boost up, and we're talking 11s. In a luxury car that can carry around a dressing table and five people.

I love that shit.

Meh

I like understatement. And the RS6 Avant is perfectly fine, too, in the relation between what it looks like and what it does.

Taking a regular Passat estate though and dropping it by half a foot with superduper rims and custom headlights and darkened windows, that's hardly understatement. It's idiocy and douchebaggery and feels like an 18 year-old inherited his dad's old car and decided to "pimp" it...

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    it offends my delicate sensibilities is what i am saying

Iskander on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

Man that thing looks BOSS. Just put some VW center caps in the rims and it'd be sweet.
    The drop is good but the wheels are too big and too wrong and the grille looks retarded and I don't know how he managed to fuck up the hood fitment.

ps i drive one of these myself

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

The drop is good but the wheels are too big and too wrong and the grille looks retarded and I don't know how he managed to fuck up the hood fitment.

Plus the license plate.

Listen idiots, just because the company that made your car owns a bunch of other luxury and performance brands that does not mean that ANY of that is in your four dour grocery wagon. So knock it off, seriously, god damn.

...Though if those 911 wheels were on a Beetle I would have laughed.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Passat wagon done right...

3774101617_787db6c532_b.jpg

...from the factory

Faricazy on
  • Options
    fshavlakfshavlak Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

Plus the license plate.

Listen idiots, just because the company that made your car owns a bunch of other luxury and performance brands that does not mean that ANY of that is in your four dour grocery wagon. So knock it off, seriously, god damn.

I think my favorite vw group mashup has to be a 23 window bus with a 911 flat six in it that was entered in the gumball rally 5 or so years ago. The thing was crazy fast but couldn't cover more than a few miles without overheating.

One day I hope to have a vehicle worthy of entering the Gumball.

fshavlak on
  • Options
    DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Dammit. The car is not technically a clunker. 1995 Olds Cutlass Supreme sedan, with the 3.1 V6 in fair condition, 200K miles. KBB says not a clunker, not eligible.
    Combined Fuel Economy: 21 MPG Trade-In Value1: $338

D:

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    You could probably get almost $400 on ebay!

jwalk on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    fshavlak wrote: »

Plus the license plate.

I think my favorite vw group mashup has to be a 23 window bus with a 911 flat six in it that was entered in the gumball rally 5 or so years ago. The thing was crazy fast but couldn't cover more than a few miles without overheating.

One day I hope to have a vehicle worthy of entering the Gumball.
    ahem

Faricazy on
  • Options
    GlorfindelGlorfindel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    On the top of VW's, I quite like the look of the Passat CC:
    volkswagen-passat-cc.jpg.

Glorfindel on
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A friend of mine recently picked up an '08 Subaru Liberty (Legacy) 2.5GT Spec.B Wagon with all the STi options.

It is a very, very nice car. Such a stunning balance between luxury, performance and 'stealth'.

noobert on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    jwalk wrote: »
    You could probably get almost $400 on ebay!

are metals prices still way up? I could probably run it until catastrophic failure and scrap it for 500

our car would be worth more if it were broken

WHAT KIND OF WORLD ARE WE LIVING IN?

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    do a jeremy and turn the engine into an artistic table

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

The problem is, we actually need two cars, and if we are not going to get anything at all for this one (the other one is a 2008 Honda Fit, which we owe way too much on), we're stuck with this one until we need a new car. Maybe we will go car-shopping again after we get our finances in order, but we really want to start saving so we can buy a house.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Zombies Tossed My Salad!Zombies Tossed My Salad! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I really really want a black Jetta. Someone buy me one

Zombies Tossed My Salad! on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009

The problem is, we actually need two cars, and if we are not going to get anything at all for this one (the other one is a 2008 Honda Fit, which we owe way too much on), we're stuck with this one until we need a new car. Maybe we will go car-shopping again after we get our finances in order, but we really want to start saving so we can buy a house.

maaaaaan no-one should take out a loan on a car unless it is just to top it off, and no-one ever really has an excuse to buy a new car unless they are really well and able to afford it

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

maaaaaan no-one should take out a loan on a car unless it is just to top it off, and no-one ever really has an excuse to buy a new car unless they are really well and able to afford it

So many guys I know have 'fully sick' cars and $20k - $40k loans :(

noobert on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    noobert wrote: »

So many guys I know have 'fully sick' cars and $20k - $40k loans :(

I know a stereotypical douchebag who took out a loan for a BMW, then $7 000 extra to sikk it out

big stupid rims and poorly wired soundsystem and such, thought he was king shit

totalled within the month

do you think he used any of that money for comprehensive car insurance?

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited August 2009

I want a new car and can afford it, but man I feel so guilty because my current car is fine.

I never get things just because I want them, I have to need them first. X1000 when things are expensive...

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'd say make a blender out of it but mehh it's only a V6.

jwalk on
  • Options
    MorgensternMorgenstern ICH BIN DER PESTVOGEL DU KAMPFAFFE!Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Anyone drive a Suzuki SX4? I'm looking at getting a 2009 one because the local dealership is reputable, I don't have the cash for big payments and I want all-wheel drive.

Morgenstern on
    “Every time we walk along a beach some ancient urge disturbs us so that we find ourselves shedding shoes and garments or scavenging among seaweed and whitened timbers like the homesick refugees of a long war.” - Loren Eiseley
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    SO BROS, I went out today to drive some cars! It was pretty OK.

The Chevy dealership was horrible. The salesman who we got might have been literally retarded. He reminded me strongly of Gil from the Simpsons, basically begging me at every turn not to shut him down.

The two top cars right now are the Focus, which is more expensive but is obviously a pretty nice car. It was pretty fun to drive, I thought, and it is worlds nicer than the other car I'm considering.

That other car is the Yaris (the sedan model), which is hilariously low-budget. It is the right size and shape of an interior for me, though. It also has all the weird miscellaneous shit I'd like to have, but is totally ridiculous, the meters are in the middle of the dashboard for no good reason. It is also about 4 grand cheaper than the Focus (even after the big incentives from Ford, and none from Toyota).

I am honestly leaning toward the Focus but I'm not sure yet if I'm willing to scrounge up the extra dough. The Yaris also had 0% financing, which is a pretty big draw. It makes the entire affair a much less severe investment, which is, in some ways, appealing to me.

I am so excited to have a car with a warranty.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    edited August 2009
    The Yaris is shit, stop even thinking about it. Go drive a Fit. Go drive a Mazda3. See if they have any previous-gen 3's still on the lot.

Faricazy on
  • Options
    edited August 2009
    Get a 3 if you can possibly scrape together the money. IF yo are talking about a Euro model Focus, then get that with the dealer incentives.

Set the Yaris on fire. If you must have a car in that class, a Mazda 2 or a Honda Jazz (Fit for you Americans) are the best way to go. As you yourself have mentioned, the Yaris is basically one big gimmick.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited August 2009
    who had the unlimited VINs?

Mine expired.

Unknown User on
  • Options
    FirmSkaterFirmSkater Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Mysst wrote: »
    I don't ever wash my car cause you have to care first, and I hate my car

Emptyquoting the hell out of this.

FirmSkater on
    sig2.jpg
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    They are out of Fits, everywhere in the vicinity

So I can wait and get a fit, or get 4,500 free obamabuxx and get one of four remaining focii or one of two remaining yarises.

EDIT: I will look at Mazdas tomorrow, they are out of my price range, really, but I will see what they've got.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Have I mentioned how much I'm enjoying my Jetta?

Cause I am.

Abracadaniel on
This discussion has been closed.