As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E IC/OOC]: The Mirrors Of Tizun Thane

• Options
    AnarchyAnarchy Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I thought about that but it's only 5 Spaces so I wouldn't be able to make it unless, you could suggest something I hadn't thought off.

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited October 2009
    Anarchy wrote: »
    I thought about that but it's only 5 Spaces so I wouldn't be able to make it unless, you could suggest something I hadn't thought off.
    You could do it, but you'd be eating one, maybe two opportunity attacks and would have to sacrifice your standard action to a second move using the fey step.

Bogart on
  • Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Lucan/Bogart
    what if Lucan used his standard to move to G7 (no OA I think?) then used his fey step move to I12 (5 squares, it doesn't provoke OA does it?) if not, can I rush the cart (directly ahead of me) and clear it with a leap, using acrobatics? I'd want to end up in H10. If I suffer an OA, do I have to stop moving, or can I continue my movement? my fear is that if I throw him the hammer, he'll end up like me last combat, with an enemy on top of it ;-)

streever on
  • Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Meh," Anwar taps his staff onto the ground and a blast of air bursts out near the theurge and storm trooper. Though one of the scouts was there too, the whirlwind shares Anwar's general disinterest in him. He then begins to move…

This isn't an optimal action, but once that Theurge started chanting, well... Anwar would have to kill him.

I would like to climb to higher ground as well. What is the DC to climb to the roof? If I can do so, I want to do that as my move action for this round.

Whirlwind [(R) AB1W10 (J9), Target T@K9 - 18 vs FORT 16: Hit 15 Damage (48/63) | Knocked Prone*, Target ST@J10 - 20 vs FORT 19: Hit 15 Damage (69/84) | Knocked Prone*, Target S@18 - 10 vs FORT 18: Miss]

Chaos Power: +1 AC SNT

*Do Duergar get the dwarven save vs prone? If not they get knocked prone without the save.

edit: Anwar attempted and failed the roll for it. (4 Total, he stays where he started, don't feel like narrating that.)

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Climbing up on top of the barrel near Lucan or the boxes in front of you and going from there to the roof will be a DC 19 athletics check.

And I'm not sure that fey step provokes, but if it doesn't, then Streever's right and Lucan will be able to get next to Makar in his turn if he sacrifices his standard. His minor action will be to pass Makar his stuff.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    “You really should learn to look after your tools”, grumbled Lucan. He quickly grabbed the hammer from Dain’s unresisting hands and ran forward, drawing in energy as he went.

The guard braced himself for the incoming attack and began to draw his weapon; ready to intercept the incoming wizard’s attack. Getting close enough to smell the creature, Lucan released the energy he had been gathering and warped into the Fey leaving a trail air in his wake.

Appearing behind the men, Lucan tossed the hammer to Makar, giving him a smirk before facing the adversaries. Infused with the energy from warping through space, Lucan raised his hands and fire promptly burst out encompassing the entire group of Duergar.
    Lets see if I get this right.
    Move Action: Move to G7
    Fey Step to I12 No AO
    Minor Action: Give the Hammer to Makar!
    Action Point!
    Burning Hands (H7-L11): G,G (Ref 15), S,S (Ref 16) T (Ref 18), ST (Ref 18) (1d20+5=17, 1d20+5=19, 1d20+5=15, 1d20+5=23, 1d20+5=20, 1d20+5=9, 2d6+4=8)

G @ H7: Hit! 8 Damage!
    G @ J7: Hit! 8 Damage!
    S @ I8: Miss!
    S @ H9: Hit! 8 Damage!
    T @ K9: Hit! 8 Damage!
    ST @ J10: Miss!

Anarchy on
    "Oh, well, this would be one of those circumstances that people unfamiliar with the law of large numbers would call a coincidence."
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dain rushes the barrels to his side, moving quickly and fluidly, and mounting the barrels.

Leaping up, he reaches out to grab the roof--and misses. Grimacing, he draws his weapons and faces the nearest opponent.

"Don't waste our time laughin', yer just going to end up dead anyway,"
    Move: K5 and attempt Acrobatics to gain access to the roof: 1 (Failure)
    Minor: Draw weapons
    Standard: Step forward to K6
    ACTION POINT:
    TW vs Guard: 1d20+9 21 1d10+2 12 1d20+7 11 1d10 5
    Hit, Miss
    12 damage on the guard at J7

streever on
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Have I got the hammer and shield now or just hammer?

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I didn't realise you were missing the shield too, since the hammer was the only thing that was mentioned in the first post. My intention was to bring whatever equipment you were missing over too you, so I would say...yes!

Also, the Shield (+4 to AC) and Staff of Defense (Which I think applies to any staff, +2 to AC) interrupts both apply as always

Anarchy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    We'll say he gave you both items, but it'll take a minor action to get your shield on to your arm.

And can people please put the Next up: blah di blah at the end of their combat posts. It's incredibly helpful and you should all be used to it by now.

Next up: Duragon

Bogart on
  • Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    "Watch where you put that hand, or the next time you're going to lose it," Duragon muttered, but nontheless lurched forward at the gnome's bidding. Hefting his chipped sword up, he glared at the robed figures that had gathered before them. "Stupid."

Moving forward, Duragon let out a powerful shout that seemed to shake the street's very foundations. The nearby walls trembled with the sound of his voice as he stepped forward, spun, and almost casually took a piece out of one the duergar's hides. "We gave you a chance!" he snarled. Finishing his swing, he jabbed his blade towards the sky and pointed at Dain. "Now, feel the might of Kord."
    Move Action: Move to I6 (H4 -> I5 -> I6)
    Standard Action: Righteous Brand vs. Guard H7 AC 20 (1d20 10=30) CRIT! Full damage! G @ H7 takes 16 damage.
    Minor Action: Generally being menacing.

Dain gains a +3 power bonus to melee attack rolls until the end of my next turn.

Guard at H7: 34/58

Next up: DUERGARS

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Apologies for not including the Duregar resist 5 fire and poison damage in the original post. We'll let Lucan's attack damage stand as he didn't know about the resist and I forgot.

Your blistering assault on the Duergar leaves not one of them untouched. Two are scrabbling to their feet while the others are stunned by the ferocity of your attack.

The blows from the guards go awry, but poisonous quills and crossbow bolts flash through the air around Lucan. His staff whirls to block one bolt, and his hastily erected magical shield blocks another, but several poisonous quills find their way through his defences and puncture his flesh.

A vile fog of gas erupts from the ground beneath Makar as he struggles to ready himself for battle, blinding both him and Lucan, ensuring that he does not se the approaching Shock trooper, who clubs his maul into Makar's chest with a sickening thud.

State of play:
    All IC rolls should have The Mirrors Of Tizun Thane as the campaign name. Please capitalise the 'Of' bit to ensure all rolls can be seen at a glance on Invisible Castle.

Initiative order:
    22 - Melf (Hayasa)
    18 - Anwar (tastydonuts)
    15 - Lucan (Anarchy) Blind!
    15 - Dain (Streever)
    13 - Duragon (Dac)
    12 - Duergar
    2 - Makar (Jam Warrior) Blind!

HP Stats
    Enemy HP
    Duergar Guard 1: 50/58
    Duergar Guard 2: 22/58
    Duergar Scout 1: 32/48
    Duergar Scout 2: 48/48
    Duergar Theurge: 40/63
    Duergar Shock Trooper: 69/84 Prone

Party HP
    Makar on J10 12/39 (Jam Warrior)
    Dain on N12 41/41 (Streever)
    Melf on O8 36/36 (Hayasa)
    Duragon on O13 35/35 (Dac) +20 Temp HP
    Lucan on P13 12/32 (Anarchy)
    Anwar on T14 34/34 (tastydonuts)

Enemy Actions
    Duergar Guard 1
    Move Action: Move to H6
    Minor Action: Infernal Anger - melee attacks do +4 fire damage until DG1 SONT.
    Standard Action: Warhammer on Duragon
    DG1 Warhammer on Duragon: 1d20+11 15 1d10+7 14
    Miss!

Duergar Guard 2
    Move Action: Move to J6
    Minor Action: Infernal Anger - melee attacks do +4 fire damage until DG2 SONT.
    Standard Action: Warhammer on Duragon with CA
    DG2 Warhammer on Duragon with CA: 1d20+13 15 1d10+7 17
    Miss! I hate Orokos.

Duergar Scout 1
    Move Action: Move to I9
    Minor Action: Infernal Quills on Lucan
    DS1 Infernal Quills on Lucan AC 18: 1d20+9 16 1d8+3 9
    Miss! Why is IC down yet again?
    Standard Action: Crossbow on Lucan
    DS1 Crossbow on Lucan AC 18: 1d20+9 21 1d8+4 8
    Hit! Messed up the roll by not including the -2 penalty he's got, so it's actually a 19. Lucan uses his Staff of Defence interrupt power to block the bolt!

Duergar Scout 2
    Minor Action: Infernal Quills on Lucan
    DS2 Infernal Quills on Lucan AC 18: 1d20+9 25 1d8+3 7
    Hit! Lucan takes 7 damage, 2 ongoing poison damage and a -2 penalty to attacks.
    Standard Action: Crossbow on Lucan
    DS1 Crossbow on Lucan AC 18: 1d20+9 18 1d8+4 5
    Hit! Lucan uses his Shield interrupt power to block the bolt!

Duergar Theurge
    Move Action: Stand
    Minor Action: Infernal Quills on Makar
    DT Infernal Quills on Makar AC 13: 1d20+10 11 1d8+3 4
    Miss! Rage!
    Standard Action: Vile Fumes area burst 2 Lucan Fort 14 Makar Fort 15
    Vile Fumes against Lucan Fort 14 Makar Fort 15: 2#1d20+9 14 17 3d6+4 13
    Hits both! Makar and Lucan both take 13 damage and are blinded until the Duergar Theurge's EONT!

Duergar Shock Trooper
    Move Action: Stand
    Minor Action: Infernal Quills on Makar
    ST Infernal Quills on Makar AC 13: 1d20+9 12 1d8+4 6
    Miss!
    Standard Action: Charge to J12 and Maul on Makar AC 13 (He might provoke an OA from Lucan as he does this - not sure about the rules if Lucan's blind)
    Maul on Makar AC 13 (with CA as he's blind but forgot to add the +2 to the roll - hit anyway): 1d20+9 15 2d6+6 14
    Hit! Makar takes 14 damage!

Map:
    town_streetsturn1.jpg
    Key:
    G - Duergar Guard
    S - Duergar Scout
    T - Duergar Theurge
    ST - Duergar Shock trooper
    Enemy stats
    Duergar Guard
    AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 15 Will 15

Duergar Scout
    AC 18 Fort 18 Ref 16 Will 16

Duergar Theurge
    AC 19 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 18

Duergar Shock Trooper
    AC 18 Fort 19 Ref 18 Will 18

Important: All Duergar have Resist 5 fire and 5 poison.
    Status List
    Scout 1 takes -2 penalty to attacks until Melf's EONT.
    Dain gains a +3 power bonus to melee attack rolls until the end of Duragon's next turn.
    Lucan takes 2 ongoing poison damage and a -2 penalty to attacks (save ends both).
    Lucan gains +4 to AC and REF until the EONT.
    Makar and Lucan are blinded until the Duergar Theurge's EONT
    Next up: Makar.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Party
    if we take out G2, I'll move after the Theurge?

streever on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The ST will need to make a stealth check against Lucan's passive perception. If Lucan wins he knows the general direction of the Duergar, if he wins by 10 he knows the exact square (though in this case I'd imagine both allow the Opportunity flail as the enemy goes right by him). If he can sense him then he gets his OA with -4 to hit for total concealment.

I'm assuming Makar knows exactly where the ST is due to being charged at...

Madness and confusion enveloped Makar as shortly after being handed his kit the lights went out and it felt like someone drove a wagon cart into him. He fumbled his shield onto his arm and willed his flimsy clothing back into the much more comforting weight of his plate armour. He hunkered down and took some deep breaths whilst straining his ears for sounds of any further incoming attacks. A reptilian tongue shot out and licked his eyes in an atempt to clear his vision.

Minor Equip shield.
    Minor Armour back to plate.
    Standard Second wind.

Makar back to base AC 24.
    HP 22/39
    +2 to all defences until Makar's next turn.

Up next: Melf

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Don't forget your saving throw versus blindness, Jam.
    Stealth check against Lucan's passive perception of 12. Stealth check for the ST: 1d20 3. Utter failure - Lucan can make his basic melee attack on the Shock Trooper with a -4 penalty.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bogart wrote: »
    You said it was until EOT rather than save ends.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    You said it was until EOT rather than save ends.
    That's completely correct! Well done for spotting the deliberate flaw in my post. You are awarded -5000XP and insta-death.

Bogart on
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Through the melee, Melf looks desperately for a way through the mess to his grievously wounded comrades on the other side of the skirmish, but even a nimble gnome couldn't get through there - and the old gnome isn't nimble any more.

He lines up a shot on one of the guards, in attempt to force a way through, but despite the duergar's satisfying yelp of pain as acid sears its flesh, he isn't able to do so. Changing tacks entirely, now that the flashy stuff has started failing, Melf moves to a tactically strong position behind another guard - unfortunately, in his efforts to avoid a stray hit, he stumbles into the adjacent water barrel and misses a golden opportunity.
    Free: Load hand crossbow

Standard: Scouring Weapon - Int vs AC (G2 - 20)
    Attack: 1d20+10 = 23 - HIT
    Damage: 16 acid damage, 2 cold damage
    Effect: G2 takes -2 penalty to attacks until Melf's EONT

Minor: Stow hand crossbow
    Free: Ready spiked gauntlet (Battle Harness Armor)

Move: Walk to G6 (I3->H4->G4->F5->G6)

ACTION POINT
    Standard: Aggravating Force - Int vs AC (G1 - 20)
    Attack: 1d20+10 = AUTOMATIC MISS

SUMMARY
    * Melf is in G6
    * G2 has taken 16 acid damage, 2 cold damage; takes -2 penalty to attacks until Melf's EONT.
    * Melf now flanks G2 with Duragon.
    * Melf readies Fade Away to trigger the next time he takes damage (this makes him invisible)

If no-one complains, I am going to solely refer to `spiked gauntlet' as `gemfist' from now on...same thing, but has fancy sharp gems at the knuckles for extra grunt and class.

Also, not sure of the ruling, do I really need to keep equipping/unequipping the gemfist? Or can I, for example, load my hand crossbow with a gemfisted hand?

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Anwar hastily snaps his fingers at the scout he'd ignored earlier. But nothing comes forth, his mind still too focused on collapsing the face of the Theurge in on itself.
    Chaos Bolt [(R) Target S1@I9 - 10 VS WILL 16: Miss]

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Seeing a brilliant opportunity, Dain splatters the wretched fallen dwarf before him. "You can finish off his friend!" he calls out to Duragon, as he rushes to fight the Theurge, getting directly in his face to prevent him from using magic. His follow-up strike misses completely, but he is ready to take the Theurge's next attack.
    Standard: Two-Fanged Strike on G2, with +3 bonus: 1d20+14 34 1d10+5 8 1d20+12 31 1d10+3 5
    Critical Hit, Hit
    Two hits means bonus wis mod damage of 2. Critical hit means maximum damage on first strike, so 15 damage + 5 damage + 2 damage + crit damage of 5 (Crit damage roll: 2d6 5) means the G2 takes a total of 27 damage and is dead.
    Minor: Declare QUARRY on Theurge
    Move: K8
    ACTION POINT
    Standard: Shield of Blades vs Theurge: 1d20+12 17 1d10+5 10 MISS. I also used my once per level Re-roll and MISSED :(.

NOTE: if the theurge attacks me or anyone else, I will use my Immediate Interrupt "Disruptive Strike". The Theurge's attack roll will take a -5 penalty and I will get to make a 1d20+9 attack roll/1d10+5 damage roll+1d6 for Hunter's Quarry damage. I'll also use my daily, Gauntlets of Ogre Power, to deal an extra 5 damage.

Next Up: Lucan!

streever on
  • Options
    edited October 2009

Lucan swung his staff widely into the fog and staggered backwards by the ferocity of the Duerage attack. Having spend most of his energy on the teleportation spell and the subsequent attack, he was growing weary quickly and it was only getting worse. It took all his strength to expel some of his magic to begin healing his body and adopt a defensive stance.

Move Action: Shift to I13
    Standard Action: Second Wind
    HP: 20/39
    +2 to all defences until Lucan's next turn.

Poison Save (1d20=1) …oh dear!

Next Up: Dain

Anarchy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dain already went, so I think it's my turn.

The street became a flurry of flying steel and fire as eldritch energies and shining blades clashed. Duragon guessed that whoever these creatures were, they didn't care much for being discrete.

Bringing up his sword to parry a blow from the duergar in front of him, he spun around and used his momentum to tip the other duergar behind him off balance, setting up a devastating one-two strike from Dain. The duergar gurgled as he went down, blood flowing down his dark chin, and Duragon had a moment to catch his breath and assess the battlefield.

Letting out a powerful shout, he redoubled his assault on the first guard, slamming his blade on the other's weapon with such bonechilling ferocity that the duergar faltered. In that moment, Duragon flicked his sword and dashed it across the other's inside edge, knocking it away and leaving the dwarf open. He surged forward, stabbing his blade deep into the creature's side before drawing back.

Standard Action:Recovery Strike vs. G1 AC 20 (1d20 10=30, 1d10 6=10) Holy christ more crits. 16 damage! Next other ally that hits G1 gains 6 hitpoints.

Minor Action: Healing Word on Lucan. Lucan can spend a healing surge to heal his healing surge value + 3 + (1d6=2)

Move->Minor Action: Duragon transfers 10 of his temporary hitpoints to Makar.

NEXT UP: Duergars!

Dac on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Lucan & I are tied for ini so it's whoever gets it first I think :D!

streever on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Hayasa - we'll say that loading a crossbow with your gemfist is ok for now.
    Streever - you've already used your action point this combat - you don't have another one to spend using your shield of blades, so you also had no opportunity to use your once per level re-roll.
    Lucan, after the -2 from poison this round and Dac's healing surge you're back up to 31

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The Duergar seem panicked by the ferocity of your attack. The crossbow bolts fired at Dain by the two Duergar scouts fly wide, and they slink backwards into shadow, disappearing from sight.

But the Theurge and his personal shock trooper both land crushing blows, the theurge with a wave of psychic despair that washes over Dain like a tidal wave, and the trooper with a blow from the maul that almost fells Lucan.

State of play:
    All IC rolls should have The Mirrors Of Tizun Thane as the campaign name. Please capitalise the 'Of' bit to ensure all rolls can be seen at a glance on Invisible Castle.

Initiative order:
    22 - Melf (Hayasa)
    18 - Anwar (tastydonuts)
    15 - Lucan (Anarchy) Blind!
    15 - Dain (Streever) Action point used.
    13 - Duragon (Dac)
    12 - Duergar
    2 - Makar (Jam Warrior) Blind!

HP Stats
    Enemy HP
    Duergar Guard 1: 26/58
    Duergar Guard 2: Dead!
    Duergar Scout 1: 32/48
    Duergar Scout 2: 48/48
    Duergar Theurge: 40/63
    Duergar Shock Trooper: 69/84

Party HP
    Makar 22/39 (Jam Warrior) +10 Temp HP
    Dain 23/41 (Streever) slowed/dazed
    Melf 36/36 (Hayasa)
    Duragon 35/35 (Dac) +5 Temp HP
    Lucan 18/32 (Anarchy) -2HP a round poison damage
    Anwar 34/34 (tastydonuts)

Enemy Actions
    Duergar Guard 1
    Move Action: Shift to I7
    Standard Action: Warhammer on Duragon
    DG1 Warhammer on Duragon AC 17 (1d20+11=21, 1d10+3=5)
    Hit! Duragon takes 5 damage, which all comes off his Temp HP!

Duergar Scout 1
    Standard Action: Crossbow on Dain
    DS1 Crossbow on Dain AC 17 (1d20+9=11, 1d8+4=11)
    Miss!
    Move and Minor Action: Shift to the wall and become invisible using Underdark sneak

Duergar Scout 2
    Standard Action: Crossbow on Dain
    DS2 Crossbow on Dain AC 17 (1d20+9=10, 1d8+4=9)
    Miss!
    Move and Minor Action: Shift to the wall and become invisible using Underdark sneak

Duergar Theurge
    Move Action: Shift to K10
    Standard Action: Wave of Despair on Dain
    Wave of Despair on Dain Will 13 (1d20+4=14, 3d6+4=18)
    Hit! Dain can make his immediate interrupt attack, but he's hit for 18 damage, and is also slowed and dazed (save ends both)!

Duergar Shock Trooper
    Standard Action: Maul on Lucan AC 13
    ST maul on Lucan AC 20 (temp AC) (1d20+11=26, 2d6+6=13)
    Hit! Lucan takes 13 damage!

Map:
    town_streetsturn2.jpg
    Key:
    G - Duergar Guard
    S - Duergar Scout (currently invisible)
    T - Duergar Theurge
    ST - Duergar Shock trooper
    Enemy stats
    Duergar Guard
    AC 20 Fort 17 Ref 15 Will 15

Duergar Scout
    AC 18 Fort 18 Ref 16 Will 16

Duergar Theurge
    AC 19 Fort 16 Ref 16 Will 18

Duergar Shock Trooper
    AC 18 Fort 19 Ref 18 Will 18

Important: All Duergar have Resist 5 fire and 5 poison.
    Status List
    Lucan takes 2 ongoing poison damage and a -2 penalty to attacks (save ends both).
    Makar +2 to all defences until Makar's next turn.
    Lucan +2 to all defences until Lucan's next turn.
    Next other ally that hits G1 gains 6 hitpoints.
    Dain is slowed and dazed (SE both).
    Next up: Makar and Dain's interrupt attack on the Theurge.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    As his vision cleared Makar took in the scene. These cowards had disabled him and then instead of pressing their advantage had used the opportunity to pick on the more fragile members of the party. Big mistake.

"Kord strike you down you honourless currs!" He screamed. Breathing in deeply, he roared and filled the alley with divine lightning. The closer foe was nimble enough to take cover but the Theurge, intent upon Dain, received the full brunt of the attack to his back. With a load crack he was lifted from his feet and dropped, charred and staggering, back to the cobbles.

His rage sated for the moment Makar offered up blessings and prayers for the protection of the rest of his party. He could feel Kord's will flowing through him as both the protector and the avenger. It felt good.
    Standard: Radiant Delirium Vs Theurge (1d20+5=25, 3d8+4=17)

CRITICAL! 28 damage. Trigger an OA from the ST.

Minor: Dragon Breath Vs ST & T (1d20+5=8, 1d20+5=11, 1d6+1=6)

A miss and a miss but both are divinely challenged.

Minor: Divine Mettle for Dain. Make an immediate save with a +4.

ACTION POINT!

Standard Shielding Smite Vs ST (1d20+8=10, 2d10+5=21)

Miss but the shielding power still kicks in aimed at lucan.

Final effects summary:
    Lucan: +3 AC until Makar's next turn.
    Theurge: Marked and due 7 divine if he makes an attack that doesn't include Makar. Dazed until Makar's next EOT. -2 AC (save ends). 12/63 HP.
    Storm Trooper: Gets an OA on Makar. Marked and due 7 divine if he makes an attack that doesn't include Makar.
    Dain: Makes a save at +4

Up Next: Melf

Dain still to interrupt and smoosh the Theurge.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Oh, and I suppose if any of the invisible guys are in the 3x3 square I10 to K12 then they might get lightning blasted.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    bogart
    If he isn't adjacent to me I can't hit him, because I have my melee weapons drawn. Dang! I rolled the attack anyway, Bogart, under "disruptive strike", you'll see it in the orokos site.

Made my save:
    Save vs Dazed/Slow: 1d20+4 18

Dain shakes his head, giving the impression of a large shaggy dog after an unwanted bath.

"Thanks Makar!" he bellows. "Caught me off guard there. I'll finish him off and then help ye with that one."

streever on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    I totally forgot that I get extra damage on crits.

Extra crit damage (2d6=8)

Which puts G1 at 26, if you'll accept that damage. If not, that's cool.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dac, that's fine, and I've altered the HP of DG1 accordingly.

Bogart on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    The shock trooper swings his fearsome maul at Makar as he charges past, but to no avail.
    Opportunity Attack on Makar from ST
    ST maul on Makar AC 24 (1d20+9=11, 2d6+6=17)
    Miss!

Bogart on
  • Options
    HayasaHayasa Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Taking advantage of gap so neatly created by his allies, Melf takes a couple of careful steps forward and takes up position to deal with the loneliest duergar dance partner, their mystic.

Melf fires an enchanted bolt into the duergar theurge's leg in simple fashion and, with a flick of his wrist, unleashes the potent magic buried within that bolt; a shock of ice freezes the theurge's boots to the ground.

The potential runaway dealt with, Melf follows up by flinging a sludgy alchemical lump at Lucan, who cops the salve in his shoulder and rapidly feels its benefits as the mix seeps through.

Move: Walk to I8 (G6 -> G7 -> G8 -> H9)

Standard: Aggravating Force vs Theurge - Int vs AC (19)
    Attack: 1d20+10 = 27 - HIT!
    Damage: 1d6+6 = 12 force damage
    Effect: Next ally to attack Theurge gets +2 power bonus to attack roll

Free: Dismiss Icebound Sigil - Theurge is immobilized (save ends).

Minor: Healing Infusion: Curative Admixture on Lucan (close burst 5)
    Effect: Lucan regains hitpoints equal to his healing surge value.

SUMMARY

* Melf is in H9
    * Duergar Theurge takes 12 force damage; is immobilized (save ends)
    * Next ally to attack Theurge gets +2 power bonus their attack roll
    * Lucan regains hitpoints equal to his healing surge value (doesn't spend a surge)

Next: Anwar!

Hayasa on
    fthcav.jpg
    20siy39.jpg
    xcvj1h.jpg
    2lk6t94.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    That'd be the Theurge dead then.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Dac, that's fine, and I've altered the HP of DG1 accordingly.
    Thanks :) I'm still getting used to / learning 4th ed., so please bear with me.

Dac on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Anwar moves forward and snaps his fingers once. The area between the Guard and Shock trooper is distorted as a flicker of chaos lashes from their heads and dissipates.
    Move: I1 -> H5

Chaos Bolt [(R) Target G1@I7 - 18 vs WILL 15: Hit 13 Psychic Damage (+2 Focusing Spellfury - 15 Total (11/58 HP))]
    Chaos Power: +1 AC SNT

Chaos Bolt Secondary [(R) Target ST@J12 - 23 vs WILL 18: Hit 4 Psychic Damage (+2 Focusing Spellfury - 6 Total (62/84 HP))]
    Focusing Spellfury: +2 DMG ENT

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Creating his opportunity, Dain moves in to assist his friend.

As Dain strikes, the sigils in his axe glow a deep red. His eyes flash, and the Shock Trooper's blood sprays out of a grievous wound, coloring the walls around him. The Trooper's weapon arm flags, and he's visibly taken aback by the vicious strike.

"You aren't going to feel better anytime soon," he says as he pulls his axes back into ready position. "I'll let you surrender, or you can end up like your fellows."

His tone is direct and measured.
    Minor: QUARRY on trooper (+1d6 damage)
    Move: K11 (Flank with Lucan)
    Free: Sacrificial Battleaxe, spend 1 healing surge to Weaken target. Dain is down to 7/8 healing surges
    Standard: Twin Strike vs AC (melee; main weapon and off-hand weapon) or Dexterity vs. AC (ranged), two attacks: 1d20+11 19 1d10+2 7 1d20+9 19 1d10 10 1d6 1
    Hit, Hit 7+10+1 = 18 damage and shock trooper is weakened until EOMNT
    Shock Trooper 45/84 Weakened until EOMNT

NEXT UP: Lucan

streever on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Lucan tries to channel his magic into an offensive spell but he is to weakened by the troopers attack and curses in agony as the poison continues to sap his energy, his healing magic having no effect.
    Standard Action Magic Missle vs ST(18): 1d20+5 6 2d4+4 10
    Poison Save: 1d20 5

Sorry about the late post, not that my poor dice rolls really helped matters :(

Next Up: Duragon

Anarchy on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Lucan
    no worries dude, but you might want to step back in case the Shock Trooper can hit multiple targets!

streever on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Bogart
    I will ready my Immediate Interrupt again, to target the Shock Trooper if he attacks any of us. It penalizes his attack roll by 5, and lets me make an attack, if he attacks while adjacent to me.

streever on
  • Options
    edited October 2009
    Grunting with efford, Duragon rammed his blade farther forward. A little deeper, and he would hit something critical.

The duergar gritted his teeth, dark-skinned face contorted with pain. With a stupendous effort, the dwarf muscled a hand between himself and Duragon and shoved.

Surprised at the duergar's strength, Duragon staggered back, his blade coming free with a soft, wet shlorp. He barely managed to raise his guard as the guard roared and swiped at his side. Duragon hissed as a second blow lay into his hide, but this one was absorbed by Melf's strange, gel-like substance, which hardened together at the point of impact just before the blade made contact.

The duergar seemed confused, staggering back and spitting. "What are you?" he spat.

Duragon advanced, scaly grip tightening on his hilt. "I am Duragon, son of Arrash," he set his feet. "Student of the great warrior Raishan. Follower of the way of the blade. Servant of Kord. And I - "

The duergar's eyes widened and he raised his blade, but not in time. Duragon's blow slammed down, knocking him off his feet and sending him sprawling as a cut gouged deep into his shoulder. To his credit, the dwarf rolled with the impact, using his momentum to roll and spring back up quickly. But the damage had been done.

Duragon paused, then lifted his blade slowly into ready position, his crimson eyes fixed steadfastedly on his opponent. Nothing else mattered to him. He only peripherally recognized the danger his allies were in, and sent the aid of Kord on its way. "I," he continued, "am your end."
    Standard Action: Divine Fortune Healing Strike vs AC 20: 1d20+11 21 2d10+5 16. Dain can spend a Healing Surge and gains +3 on top of it, which, I think, would put him at 35/41.

Minor Action: Healing Word on Makar. Makar can spend a Healing Surge and gains + 3 + 6 to the value. So... 20 hitpoints?! Which would clock him back up to full.

Move Action: Shift from I6 to J7

Spent:
    Divine Fortune
    Healing Strike
    Second Healing Word (no more oh noes)
    For those with great History skill, I'm thinking that his family/clan name, Arrash, was a noble one in the time of the dragonborn empire in some way. Haven't thought of all the details yet, though.

Kind of wish I built my Cleric different because it's not really panning out how I thought, lol.

NEXT UP: Duergars

Dac on