Options

Asheron's Call: Nine Years of Killing Olthoi

1121314151618»

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Are they really still trying to find a use for Deception? :P

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    After 10 years, AC finally gets a quest journal.

QuestJournal.jpg

citizen059 on
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    edited October 2009
    Wow.

Never thought I would see that.

syndalis on
    SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Hooooooly shit. Man, I remember wishing it had one of those the first week the game was out >.<

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Very nice. Took them a while, but its nice to see finally going in. I still wish more MMOs would take AC's style of quests being mostly epic, and not just tons of filler used as the main source of XP. The game still did so many things right that other MMOs fail to emulate.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    Seriously. If they'd take Asheron's Call and redo it with DDO or LOTRO's engine, maybe re-thinking how magic works in the process, it'd sell like gangbusters. Call it Asheron's Call 1.5 or something.

AC is the MMO people should be ripping off, not EQ or WOW.

KiTA on
  • Options
    Shorn Scrotum ManShorn Scrotum Man Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    KiTA wrote: »
    Seriously. If they'd take Asheron's Call and redo it with DDO or LOTRO's engine, maybe re-thinking how magic works in the process, it'd sell like gangbusters. Call it Asheron's Call 1.5 or something.

This, plus ripping out all the macro/botting shit. But other than that, yeah. That would be fucking great!

Shorn Scrotum Man on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    I'd be on the new darktide server day one. That was fun as hell when it first came out before everything got all ridiculous with the macros and botting.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009

This, plus ripping out all the macro/botting shit. But other than that, yeah. That would be fucking great!

I've been saying this shit for years, but at this point I would settle for any new MMO that had the 3 big things AC had that most MMOs don't. A Huge world to explore, Skill-based characters instead of class-based, and combat that wasn't one on one fights 99% of the time where a single add can kill you.

eelektrik on
    (She/Her)
  • Options
    TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited October 2009
    eelektrik wrote: »

I've been saying this shit for years, but at this point I would settle for any new MMO that had the 3 big things AC had that most MMOs don't. A Huge world to explore, Skill-based characters instead of class-based, and combat that wasn't one on one fights 99% of the time where a single add can kill you.

FFXIV is leaning that way but it's hard to tell at this point. All the info they have released is pretty vague. We won't know for sure until beta.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • Options
    citizen059citizen059 hello my name is citizen I'm from the InternetRegistered User regular
    edited October 2009
    citizen059 on
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Thread title needs updating -- today, Asheron's Call is 10 Years Old.

KiTA on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I'm unable to update the thread title anymore - I tried. :P

Might just have to make another.

citizen059 on