Options

Modern Warfare 2: Out now! Removal of pants advised.

• Options
    noobertnoobert Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    come on pc users, especially aussies... is it teh lagzor??

Apparently very hard to connect to a game. Head over to OCAU/Whirlpool and take a look around.

noobert on
  • Options
    OmnomnomPancakeOmnomnomPancake Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The campaign is wayyy shorter than the first game's. I'm 2 hours, and 30 minutes in, and pretty much done the first 2 Acts.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Grenn wrote: »
    so whats the pc multiplayer situation like?

I don't think any PC users have actually bought it yet... we're all logged onto forums asking each other what the multiplayer is like.

It plays fine if you have everyone local. It goes to shit rapidly if you have people who aren't local playing. Thankfully there are enough people playing nearby that you should be in a game with a host relatively close, so most games don't really seem to have a lot of problems running.

Basically, when it works it works very well. When it doesn't work it's plain awful. The only problem if you don't have a great deal of influence over which state it is. I was watching my flatmate play it and I can confirm PC multiplayer is an authentic console experience - so if you've ever played a online FPS on the 360 you can expect it to be similar on the PC. It has the same problems and advantages as any FPS on the 360. One thing I will say is that the zero ping advantage is really noticable on the PC. 9/10 games I watched the host cleaned house.

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    The campaign is wayyy shorter than the first game's. I'm 2 hours, and 30 minutes in, and pretty much done the first 2 Acts.

I hit the end at about four and a half hours. About the same time it took in the first game, but there's a lot of checkpoints that are either way too close to a major event or way too far. So one point I'd be stuck in a 6 minute grind through a town with no checkpoints, and then I'd hit one and then get bombed so fast that when it reloads I have to be holding the right keys already to survive. I probably did waste a solid half hour.

Hevach on
  • Options
    RookRook Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hevach wrote: »

I hit the end at about four and a half hours. About the same time it took in the first game, but there's a lot of checkpoints that are either way too close to a major event or way too far. So one point I'd be stuck in a 6 minute grind through a town with no checkpoints, and then I'd hit one and then get bombed so fast that when it reloads I have to be holding the right keys already to survive. I probably did waste a solid half hour.

4 hours? What the hell?

Rook on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    PikaPuff wrote: »
    am i the only one with patience to load the game onto the HD before playing? I bought this 250gb hard drive gosh i'm going to use it

Microsoft needs to sell that damn thing at retail

I guess they just don't want to admit that they'd have to charge 300$ for it to fit into their pricing scheme though

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Game reviewers will of course have no problem with a 4 hour game if it is the AAA blockbuster of the century. 100% 10/10 A++++++++++

It is entirely fucked up.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    If you're getting this game with no intention of playing the multiplayer, you are a grade A retard.

Hoz on
  • Options
    FyreWulffFyreWulff YouRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited November 2009
    Hoz wrote: »
    If you're getting this game with no intention of playing the multiplayer, you are a grade A retard.

When I eventually get this game, I will be getting it for single player.

Don't care how long it is, as long as what's there is good, and it has a story arc.

I could never get into 4's multiplayer, nor WaW's multi, so just not gonna waste time for this one

FyreWulff on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Then for fuck's sake, RENT IT!

Hoz on
  • Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    That's a pretty good idea actually.

I may just do that.

Unlucky on
    Fantastic
  • Options
    edited November 2009

That's fantastic.

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    TommattTommatt Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Haikira wrote: »
    Just completed the campaign in pretty much one sitting, which explains my headache. Campaign was pretty awesome. Though is it just me, or is normal mode much harder this time around?

If I remember right, I think it took me 2 play sessions to beat cod2, but man, what a great
    ride it was. Longer it shorter than cod2? (last cod I played)

Tommatt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    FyreWulff wrote: »

When I eventually get this game, I will be getting it for single player.

Don't care how long it is, as long as what's there is good, and it has a story arc.

I could never get into 4's multiplayer, nor WaW's multi, so just not gonna waste time for this one

I may be a grade a retard, but I bought this game because of the bundle :p. I know I loved cod2 campaign (launch day buy) but thought the multiplayer was one of the weakest mp games I have ever played! I have lfd2 coming up, borderlands, and this tommorow. One of them is getting goozexed! The real question is, which multiplayer game? (it's not lfd2)

Tommatt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You would literally sit down on Normal difficulty, and get up to take a bathroom break once the credits roll.

Looking for answers concerning Russians.
    So, why are they invading America? I understand Allen's body, but really? That's what gets you going?

OmnomnomPancake on
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hm. is it normal to shoot a gun and a second later hear the bullet? i think my game or TV might be lagging :|

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    You would literally sit down on Normal difficulty, and get up to take a bathroom break once the credits roll.

Looking for answers concerning Russians.
    So, why are they invading America? I understand Allen's body, but really? That's what gets you going?

How hard is normal? I'm pretty sure that's the difficulty I went through in cod2, and I'd say I got about 9 hours in ( I failed one mission multiple times). I guess I'm asking if normal is normal, or easy lol.

So, how far has cod multiplayer escilated cod2's multiplayer? Not playing a cod recently it comes down to zombies, bad as guns (borderlands) , real shootin mans!

Tommatt on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    If you haven't played CoD4 I could see you being overwhelmed by MW2 multiplayer.

You have to understand the significance of shooting down UAVs.

Hoz on
  • Options
    FireflashFireflash Montreal, QCRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    hm. is it normal to shoot a gun and a second later hear the bullet? i think my game or TV might be lagging :|

That's really weird. I don't think your tv can give you this big of a desynch between audio and video

Fireflash on
    PSN: PatParadize
    Battle.net: Fireflash#1425
    Steam Friend code: 45386507
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    I can't put my finger on it, but Multiplayer feels much smoother. I think it's simply the interface.

Cantido on
    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    tofutofu Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Damnit, this game is actually shorter than the first one?

fffffffffffffffff

tofu on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    tofu wrote: »

fffffffffffffffff

I don't know about length, but it's full of Bayhem.

Cantido on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Man,finally you guys have this. So can we discuss how awesome the campaign is now?

And I'm gonna jump into multi in a bit,if anyone wants to play,hit me up.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    043043 Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Cantido wrote: »
    tofu wrote: »

fffffffffffffffff

I don't know about length, but it's full of Bayhem.

This, this, a thousand times this.

And I love every fucking minute of it, so far.

043 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hyperpowerhyperpower Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Dual Wielding of Double Barrel Sawn of Shotguns = EPIC WIN

hyperpower on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    I told you guys, i told you the campaign is full of awesome, no matter how short.

Also, now that it is finally out I can say this:

Real Spoiler:
    SUR-PRICE MOTHERFUCKER

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fireflash wrote: »

That's really weird. I don't think your tv can give you this big of a desynch between audio and video
    Oh ho? we have a disbeliever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqDUmXzykbo

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
  • Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    oh you modern consumers, paying ten dollars over the normal price for a five hour game. you silly, trend-setting bastards

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Klyka wrote: »
    I told you guys, i told you the campaign is full of awesome, no matter how short.

Also, now that it is finally out I can say this:

Real Spoiler:
    SUR-PRICE MOTHERFUCKER

heh, awesome

Nuzak on
  • Options
    0Replace4Displace0Replace4Displace The best girls are ships and guns. Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Fuck, this is going to be the longest school day in history.

And when I do get home, Live is going to be down

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BUT FUCK IT'S FINALLY HERE

0Replace4Displace on
    u4OkoEI.png
  • Options
    JazzBlackJazzBlack Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    anyone else manage to pick this game up for about £13 pounds less than most of the retards that pre ordered and had to wait outside blockbuster or game for hours?

Just went to adsda at 11 where there was a small que they gave us a ticket said come back at 12. did my shopping got my game. too easy. then laughed at my flat mates who got back 2 hours later when id practicly completed the campaign and they had to pay full price. fools

JazzBlack on

Wynne%20Warrior.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Well,I got the 360 version for 45€ instead of 65€ so I feel pretty good about it I guess.

Edit: And I got it on Friday :smug:

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Aegeri wrote: »
    Grenn wrote: »
    so whats the pc multiplayer situation like?

I don't think any PC users have actually bought it yet... we're all logged onto forums asking each other what the multiplayer is like.

It plays fine if you have everyone local. It goes to shit rapidly if you have people who aren't local playing. Thankfully there are enough people playing nearby that you should be in a game with a host relatively close, so most games don't really seem to have a lot of problems running.

Basically, when it works it works very well. When it doesn't work it's plain awful. The only problem if you don't have a great deal of influence over which state it is. I was watching my flatmate play it and I can confirm PC multiplayer is an authentic console experience - so if you've ever played a online FPS on the 360 you can expect it to be similar on the PC. It has the same problems and advantages as any FPS on the 360. One thing I will say is that the zero ping advantage is really noticable on the PC. 9/10 games I watched the host cleaned house.

Gah, host advantage. I still have flashbacks to the horrendous situation in Gears of War.

subedii on
  • Options
    edited November 2009
    Cantido on
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    JazzBlack wrote: »
    anyone else manage to pick this game up for about £13 pounds less than most of the retards that pre ordered and had to wait outside blockbuster or game for hours?

Just went to adsda at 11 where there was a small que they gave us a ticket said come back at 12. did my shopping got my game. too easy. then laughed at my flat mates who got back 2 hours later when id practicly completed the campaign and they had to pay full price. fools

I posted earlier in the thread, I got the 360 version for £24.09

LewieP on
  • Options
    DietarySupplementDietarySupplement Still not approved by the FDA Dublin, OHRegistered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey PC players: I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, but my rig played the first Modern Warfare at max settings at 1680x1050. With the big engine upgrade, is there a serious hit to performance? What's anyone's experience been like?

DietarySupplement on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Hey PC players: I can't seem to find the answer anywhere, but my rig played the first Modern Warfare at max settings at 1680x1050. With the big engine upgrade, is there a serious hit to performance? What's anyone's experience been like?

Considering that it's releasing for the same console hardware, I doubt you'll have any difficulty running it on your PC.

subedii on
  • Options
    PhotonPhoton Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    LewieP wrote: »
    JazzBlack wrote: »

I posted earlier in the thread, I got the 360 version for £24.09

Wish my asda experience had been that easy, I went to the one at longwell green, bristol ... hundreds and hundreds of people there queuing the length of the store, and once they did start selling things didnt move quickly. Got my copy and was out of there by 1ish, after waiting from 11. Thankfully met some cool people in the line to talk to, so it wasnt all bad.

Photon on
    PSN: photon_86
  • Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Oh man, oh man
    Keith David

Not a real spoiler.

Leitner on
  • Options
    GanluanGanluan Registered User regular
    edited November 2009
    Apologies if this has been asked already - does Veteran in this one seem easier or harder than MW1 or WaW?

Ganluan on
This discussion has been closed.