As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Last Day of the [STEAM] Sale - Disappointing

• Options
    ProtoSoundProtoSound Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    So I'm getting the same "Purchase is still being processed" deal. Should I just try my purchase again? Or should I wait?

ProtoSound on
    camo_sig.png
  • Options
    HejogHejog Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I bought Mass Effect. It's $5. Don't judge me.

Hejog on
    steam: hejog / xbl name: Hejog1 / psn name: Hejog / omgponi.es / tweet
  • Options
    CherrnCherrn Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I'm getting "There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance."

Has my account been flagged or something?

Cherrn on
    All creature will die and all the things will be broken. That's the law of samurai.
  • Options
    MeetVinceTheScoutMeetVinceTheScout Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Everyone who bought Mass Effect made the right decision. Just a warning, though: Persevere through Eden Prime and the slooow citadel section in the beginning, as well as a bit of a grind of missions, and the game gets exponentially better. The later two-thrids is pretty much one of the best games I've ever played, but it takes a while to pick up in my experience.

MeetVinceTheScout on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    YEAH. ME2 FOR FIVE BUCKS.

One of the last two games I was holding out for. I played through it on my 360 but I'd love to own it onmy PC. Especially with the knowledge that the game influences the sequel.

Now to wait for a mildly discounted MW2.

Quid on
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Is Steam broken for anyone else?

It will not let me buy ME. :(

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    The intro and the first citadel section is like the best part of the game. It's just all hey check this crazy space station out, and Shepard's all lets get down to business.

Drool on
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Joril wrote: »
    Brutal J wrote: »
    Eidos Pack

I've been pondering this offer as well. I'm actually only really interested in Batman Arkham Asylum, but the extra games seem like a ridiculous amount of added value. Especially the Tombraider games.
    Seems like a petty concern to be stingy about the €12 price difference, but I've been spending.

I actually already have B:AA for the 360, but given I've never played Deus Ex or any Tombraider game, I figured it was still worth it buying for that price. I have not had a chance to play any of the games on it yet, aside from Flora's Fruit Farm (had to see what it could be), and it turns out it is just some really horrible "girl gamer" flash game, but other than that game, none of them seem completely terrible at $2 a piece.

But yeah, if you have not played B:AA then really you should be buying this pack. That game is probably my game of the year, or at the very least in the top 3, it is so fantastic, and from what I understand the PC version is actually better than the 360 version if you have a card that can use the enhanced graphics.

Brutal J on
  • Options
    SithDrummerSithDrummer Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Mass Effect for sure, and Portal is definitely worth $5. I already owned both. :)

SithDrummer on
  • Options
    MeetVinceTheScoutMeetVinceTheScout Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Drool wrote: »
    The intro and the first citadel section is like the best part of the game. It's just all hey check this crazy space station out, and Shepard's all lets get down to business.

Maybe it's because I'm on my third playthrough that it drags for me, then.

MeetVinceTheScout on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Drool wrote: »

Maybe it's because I'm on my third playthrough that it drags for me, then.

Yeah I suppose it wasn't quite as great the second time around. But man that first time. There's just so much world building built right into those first few levels and it feels like the game has the potential to take you to some amazing places. And it hits all of the space opera notes right off the bat without being overly cheesy.

Drool on
  • Options
    AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Christ, that Eidos deal is tempting. I don't own any of those games.

AuburnTiger on
    XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited January 2010
    was the id superpack on sale at some poitn?

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Variable wrote: »
    was the id superpack on sale at some poitn?

It was. Relatively early on IIRC.

subedii on
  • Options
    TyrantCowTyrantCow Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    jesus christ... so many tempting titles.

TyrantCow on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    oh, woah is it on sale today? considering what it costs for all the doom stuff it must be.

wooooooooooooooo

edit - the fact that it was ever cheaper is crazy. I probably don't want to know what it was... think I'm gonna go for it today. hmmm

Variable on
  • Options
    brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    To add to the discussion of the Eidos Pack, I bought it very early in the sale and it's fantastic. Worth it for Batman and the Tomb Raider games alone. The Hitman games are also great...and Kane and Lynch and Battlestations Pacific include Live achievements and aren't too shabby either.

Phenomenal deal, really.

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I was lying by the way if anyone knows if id pack was on sale before and for how much I'd love to know.

I cannot imagine it was ever much cheaper than $35 which it is today. considering the doom pack on sale is $15, and the quake pack is bigger and would presumably be at best $15, and there are yet more games in the pack.

Variable on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Good to see Devil May Cry 4 ain't in the top sellers list.

That'll teach 'em for only cutting 25% off
    Bastards

Alegis on
  • Options
    Brutal JBrutal J Sorry! Sorry, I'm sorry. Sorry. Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I was lying by the way if anyone knows if id pack was on sale before and for how much I'd love to know.

I cannot imagine it was ever much cheaper than $35 which it is today. considering the doom pack on sale is $15, and the quake pack is bigger and would presumably be at best $15, and there are yet more games in the pack.

It was around $24, which worked out to be like $1.15 per game i think. Awesome deal.

Brutal J on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    damn that is crazy awesome.

now I have to decide if I should get it at the current price or hope quake goes on sale since it and doom are all I really want.

I'll probably get the pack today.

thanks a lot brutal.

Variable on
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I've reached the last level in Crysis and it has crashed two times while I was fighting the huge alien on the ship after not having any problems for the rest of the game.
    Also, the big alien has killed me a lot of time and I can't figure out how to use the special gun.

Peewi on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Peewi wrote: »
    I've reached the last level in Crysis and it has crashed two times while I was fighting the huge alien on the ship after not having any problems for the rest of the game.
    Also, the big alien has killed me a lot of time and I can't figure out how to use the special gun.

Aim and fire I believe.

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    RemingtonRemington Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Aim and fire I believe.

I thought it needed to charge up or some jazz.

Remington on
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Anyone else having troubles buying Trials 2?

I just bought it. I played the demo forever ago, but never got around to picking it up. It's pretty fun for what is essentially a prettier, glorified version of that old motorcycle game.

Also,

It was around $24, which worked out to be like $1.15 per game i think. Awesome deal.

I snagged it at the one day sale price, and it is so full of games it is ridiculous. My Steam game list pretty much exploded. The normal sale price of $35 is still a really good deal, though.

If you're into classic fps games, don't forget that the Unreal Deal Pack is only like $13 and it comes with Unreal Gold, Unreal 2, and three of the Tournament games.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Aim and fire I believe.

At least you didnt sequence break and not grab it, then end up at said final point for ~1 hour trying to figure out what you have to do.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited January 2010
    I wonder if I can somehow pay extra for a version of the Eidos pack that doesn't include Hitman 2

Tube on
  • Options
    RedlanceRedlance Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

If the game keeps crashing you may want to switch to DX9 instead of dx10. That's what fixed my crashing issue, even though the rest of the game ran fine under 10.

Redlance on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    I wonder if I can somehow pay extra for a version of the Eidos pack that doesn't include Hitman 2

Just... oh, I don't know...

don't install it?

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    But if he buys it, it'll be on record. What if his Steam purchases are made public one day? Everyone will know.

Renzo on
  • Options
    subediisubedii Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

Actually you can.

Just buy each and every product in the package separately, excluding Hitman 2.

That said, I'm not much of a fan of the Hitman series in general so...

subedii on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    I didn't buy that indie pack last year because I refused to own The Path and even grant them a tiny amount of money.

Hatred

Eidos is getting their money either way though. Consider Hitman 2 a prisoner of the uninstalled list.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Anyone can look up what games someone owns using just their steam id already. We can even tell how much time they've spent playing said games.

Plenty of worse things than having a game some people liked but you personally think it terrible on your list.

SmokeStacks on
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    subedii wrote: »

Actually you can.

Just buy each and every product in the package separately, excluding Hitman 2.

That said, I'm not much of a fan of the Hitman series in general so...

That would cost me a hundred pounds more though...

Probably worth it.

Tube on
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

You can e-mail Steam Support so that they remove Hitman 2 from your account, trust me, I've done it. :)

Impersonator on
  • Options
    MaratastikMaratastik Just call me Mara, please! Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Spoit wrote: »
    Olorin wrote: »
    Olorin wrote: »
    Does anyone here have an opinion on Heroes of Might and Magic V or Spellforce 2? Both these games have caught my eye, but I've heard very little about them. Any opinions or gameplay descriptions?

Thanks.

So I guess no one has played either of these. :(

I guess I'll just have to pick them up and see for myself. D:

Just get the last HoMM expansion, you can unlock the other campaigns with it.

And yes, everyone should get Crysis.

Thanks for the info!

Maratastik on
  • Options
    edited January 2010

You can e-mail Steam Support so that they remove Hitman 2 from your account, trust me, I've done it. :)

For Hitman 2? I need to invent the opposite of an infraction so that I can give one to you.

Tube on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited January 2010

For Hitman 2? I need to invent the opposite of an infraction so that I can give one to you.

I would laugh so hard if it still showed you as purchasing it in your profile though (It shows newly purchased games there as status updates)
    dont infract/ban me please.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2010
    Cherrn wrote: »
    Anyone else having troubles buying Trials 2?

I just bought it. I played the demo forever ago, but never got around to picking it up. It's pretty fun for what is essentially a prettier, glorified version of that old motorcycle game.

Also,

I snagged it at the one day sale price, and it is so full of games it is ridiculous. My Steam game list pretty much exploded. The normal sale price of $35 is still a really good deal, though.

If you're into classic fps games, don't forget that the Unreal Deal Pack is only like $13 and it comes with Unreal Gold, Unreal 2, and three of the Tournament games.

I'm gonna fix the $10 I am not saving by not buying ME (have the 360 version already and don't need it) and not getting Sam and Max for no real reason.

it is SO many games though. crazy! I've wanted this pack for a long time and am glad I got it for cheap even if not the cheapest.

Variable on
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited January 2010
    Someday we have to convince someone that to get on Cardboard Tube's good side you have to gift him Hitman 2 on Steam because he always loved that game but lost his disc long ago.

TychoCelchuuu on
This discussion has been closed.