Options

Dead Space 2: We're stuck again on a station with necromorphs? Sucks to be them.

• Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Fucking Unitologists, i swear to God they creep me out more than just about anything else in this game

"Indoctrination" argh

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    hoodie13hoodie13 punch bro Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Wait no, I forgot about the fucking Pack

aaaaaaaaa

hoodie13 on
    PSN: HoodieThirteen
    XBL: Torn Hoodie
    @hoodiethirteen
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Karl wrote: »
    Alright guys, I just bought Dead Space for the iPhone since DS2 isn't available down here is Ausistan yet.

Seriously, get this game. It's only $7 and is 95% the exact same Dead Space experience we all know and love. The gameplay has not been watered down a bit. It also looks amazing and has a full score and voice acting as well.

It's actually an independent story that seems to lead into things going wrong on the Sprawl.

I almost feel like I ripped EA off on this one - makes the price hike for the PC version a bit less of a bitter pill to swallow.

When you have completed it, can you summarise the plot?

Yeah, that was pretty much the reason I bought it. I doubt it'll add a ton of new info to the series, but so far I'm having a blast.

I should add, I guess, that at $7 it's actually on the pricier side for iPhone stuff, and it also controls like other shooters on the platform. However, the clunkiness isn't so bad since the shooting is typical DS methodical rather than run-and-gun.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    BeezelBeezel There was no agreement little morsel..Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Wait no, I forgot about the fucking Pack

aaaaaaaaa

My force gun says Fuck the Pack

Beezel on
    PSN: Waybackkidd
    "...only mights and maybes."
  • Options
    JameswaysJamesways Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I'm using the plasma cutter and line gun.

The Pack freak me out. Usually because they swarm when I'm fumbling about reloading the line gun. Maybe I should pick up the force gun.

Jamesways on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    So how's the multiplayer?

Are the Necros fun to play?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    T4CTT4CT BAFTA-NOMINATED NAFTA-APPROVEDRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Klyka wrote: »

short answer is yes

we'll probably stream it again tonight for those who aren't quite ready to play it

T4CT on
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Ammo was so plentiful in DS1 that I never had a problem running out, which they definitely adjusted in DS2. As somebody mentioned earlier, the developers clearly expect Isaac to make much more use of Stasis and the gravity gun in DS2 to compensate for scarce ammo.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Be sure to open up that first power node door (in chapter 2). It has the schematic for power nodes behind it, ironically.

Also fffuck. Only in chapter 2 and I've already run into a scripting bug. Think I'll have to restart from my last save.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    jefe414jefe414 "My Other Drill Hole is a Teleporter" Mechagodzilla is Best GodzillaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Catalase wrote: »
    Picking this up tomorrow for 360. :D There a 360 tag for this game?

Somebody is going to have to jump on this grenade at some point. It unfortunately cannot be me. Keep me apprised though so I can add it to the OP.

So what does one have to do to make the tag? Simply create a silver account and add friends through requests?

jefe414 on
    Xbox Live: Jefe414
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    Be sure to open up that first power node door (in chapter 2). It has the schematic for power nodes behind it, ironically.

Also fffuck. Only in chapter 2 and I've already run into a scripting bug. Think I'll have to restart from my last save.
    If DS2 is close to DS1, I wouldn't sweat not having a Node to open a locked door, there is usually a Node to be had nearby.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    adytumadytum The Inevitable Rise And FallRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Here's my big list of gamertags

PS3
    PA Forum | PSN
    adytum | adytum
    beezel | beezel
    carbonfire | carb0nfire
    deveric | deveric
    The_Spaniard | Span_Wolf
    Shorn Scrotum Man | sojakfa
    _Debaser_ | FancyLad
    MagicPrime | MagicPrime
    proyebat | proyebat
    BFicky | BFicky
    BloodyRoarXX | bloodyroarxx

X360
    PA Forum | Gamertag
    mere_immortal | lego pencil

We're supposed to get ~10 inches of snow tonight so I have my fingers crossed that class will be cancelled and I can continue to shoot necromans.

adytum on
  • Options
    DangerousDangerous Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Quick question in regards to difficulty levels. Which is most comparable to Hard in the original DS? I started out on Survivalist, but found the first parts to be pretty easy so I put it up to Zealot. I found ammo just too scarce for it to be much fun. I don't mind running away when ammo is low, but there are too many scripted sections where you can't really run away.

Also I find multiplayer quite fun so far. The only problem I have is that there doesn't seem to be much (any?) dismembering of the necros. I'm sure it's a balance thing, but that is one of the core mechanics of Dead Space.

Dangerous on
    sig2-2.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    A bit spoilerish for players who haven't tried DS1
    Lession #1 from the Rezzers is to stomp all corpses into fragments whenever you get a break in the action. This prevents the flying scrotums from undoing all of your hard work.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Dangerous wrote: »
    Quick question in regards to difficulty levels. Which is most comparable to Hard in the original DS? I started out on Survivalist, but found the first parts to be pretty easy so I put it up to Zealot. I found ammo just too scarce for it to be much fun. I don't mind running away when ammo is low, but there are too many scripted sections where you can't really run away.

Also I find multiplayer quite fun so far. The only problem I have is that there doesn't seem to be much (any?) dismembering of the necros. I'm sure it's a balance thing, but that is one of the core mechanics of Dead Space.
    I would never say that Survivalist is easy.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    For 360

Arivia | Arivia

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For PS3

Azith28 | Azith28

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    It's not really dead until you have its ammo.

Also the power node doors, so far it's always been a net gain to open them. Pretty often there's a Ruby Semiconductor in there which by itself is enough to buy another power node.

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I've only found one up through Chap 4.

They seem sparser than in Dead Space, or I'm missing them.. which would surprise me, because I like to explore thoroughly.

adytum on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    T4CT wrote: »

short answer is yes

we'll probably stream it again tonight for those who aren't quite ready to play it

I am generally against multiplayer being added to sequels of singleplayer focused games often to the point of outright boycott (Bioshock 2) due in large part to my being an achievement whore and developers wanting to force people to play their shitty multi for achievements. It's my personal belief that achievements ruin multiplayer because then people just focus on them.

However, I can say that Dead Space 2, Uncharted 2, and AssBro have been pleasant surprises. Also all have minimal multi achievements/trophies (DS2 has none) with AssBro being the worst offender.

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    adytum wrote: »

They seem sparser than in Dead Space, or I'm missing them.. which would surprise me, because I like to explore thoroughly.

I had 5 of them before the end of chapter 2. Maybe even 6. There is definitely 4 nodes before the first node door, and one immediately after you see it.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    HedgethornHedgethorn Associate Professor of Historical Hobby Horses In the Lions' DenRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For 360:
    Hedgethorn | Hedgethorn

Don't know how much multi I'll be able to play (DS2 isn't exactly the sort of game I want to play in front of my young daughter!), but hopefully I'll have a chance here and there.

Hedgethorn on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    adytum wrote: »

I had 5 of them before the end of chapter 2. Maybe even 6. There is definitely 4 nodes before the first node door, and one immediately after you see it.

I meant node doors, sorry. Nodes are like candy in this game, I've got like 10 in my plasma cutter already. I'm trying to get it up to "burst into flames" mode ASAP.

adytum on
  • Options
    darleysamdarleysam On my way to UKRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    For Emperor

Ciaphas | Cain

I don't have the 40K chops to pull this off properly

darleysam on
    forumsig.png
  • Options
    toolberttoolbert Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    PS3

toolbert | toolbert

Only got to play this for a bit last night, but I'm loving it so far. After playing Ignition it was quite interesting to find out what happened after Isaac was let out. Also, I played a little bit of extraction and even though it's not totally pretty, it's much easier on the eyes than the Wii version.

toolbert on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Node doors were usually worth it in DS1, they are almost essential in DS2

Also I really like how they handled the bonus items for beating Ignition; instead of handing you the suit/cash/nodes all at once it unlocks all of those "Conduit Access Rooms" you see in the first half of the game which are basically free node doors

Green on
  • Options
    programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Green wrote: »
    Node doors were usually worth it in DS1, they are almost essential in DS2

Also I really like how they handled the bonus items for beating Ignition; instead of handing you the suit/cash/nodes all at once it unlocks all of those "Conduit Access Rooms" you see in the first half of the game which are basically free node doors

Yeah. I've only run across two, but both of them had >$10K worth of stuff, much of it cash, and a node costs $10K to buy, so thus far it seems like it might be a no brainer.

programjunkie on
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I've heard that Stasis regenerate on its own now (though very slow) and that the Advanced Suit halves the time it takes to regenerate, but I tried the demo, and there was zero regenerating Stasis from what I saw, can anyone explain how it works ?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    It just takes a (long) while. You can decrease the recharging time by upgrading the suit.

adytum on
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I've heard that Stasis regenerate on its own now (though very slow) and that the Advanced Suit halves the time it takes to regenerate, but I tried the demo, and there was zero regenerating Stasis from what I saw, can anyone explain how it works ?

It takes about a minute and a half, gets a lot more noticeable when you upgrade stasis and get the Advanced Suit. By the end of the game, you can afford to use it on just about every other enemy.

Speaking of the ending, I thought I was near the end of the game at 4 AM, it's 1 PM now. Just... fair warning people!

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    ToldoToldo But actually, WeegianRegistered User regular
    edited January 2011
    hoodie13 wrote: »
    Fucking Unitologists, i swear to God they creep me out more than just about anything else in this game

"Indoctrination" argh

Ah yes, "Unitologists."

hqdefault.jpg?1290228819

Toldo on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    How many chapters so far, Frosty?

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    Frosty the Snow PlowFrosty the Snow Plow Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Arivia wrote: »
    How many chapters so far, Frosty?
    Fifteen.

Frosty the Snow Plow on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Do the chapter names spell something out again?

Like "EA has your balls"?

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    After the initial flood of Nodes they kinda slow down, so don't be bashful about heavily upgrading the suit and plasma cutter at the start.

Fairchild on
  • Options
    Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    Started on Survivalist. Died instanty at the start of the game. Kinda set the tone right there.

This game is waaaaay scarier than the first.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited January 2011
    I asked this before, but haven't been able to get an answer.

Does the multiplayer have a splitscreen option?

Edit: I almost kind of hope it doesn't. Because that would give me an excuse to buy a copy "for a friend" while I wait for my collector's edition to ship from Amazon.

gjaustin on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    99.9% sure it doesn't (what game does, nowadays?) but I'll confirm when I get home tonight if no one else does.

adytum on
  • Options
    GreenGreen Stick around. I'm full of bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited January 2011

No chapter titles this time

Green on
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Green wrote: »

No chapter titles this time

D:D:D:D:D:

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg