Options

Mass 3ffect: 2012

• Options
    ThegreatcowThegreatcow Lord of All Bacons Washington State - It's Wet up here innit? Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    jackisreal wrote: »

Well, at least there will be an apocalyptic scenario to play around with in 2012 one way or another!

JUst be thankful we're not on Valve Time (TM) where things don't happen...ever...until they do...only to be delayed...again...and you'll never know.

Thegreatcow on
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Ashley gets a Space Hamster to put more of the thing where the thing goes in.

D:

Z0re on
  • Options
    Dongs GaloreDongs Galore Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Z0re wrote: »

D:
    Samara wants Kelly to put more of the suff in the... thing more stuff goes in.

Dongs Galore on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Jedi_Boi wrote: »
    Mass Effect 3: Diakatana

Is Casey going to make us his bitches?

What an ass Romero is. Was. Is he still alive? Making phone games now or something? lol

Bigity on
  • Options
    langfor6langfor6 Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Skeith wrote: »
    Think of it like this, jack; you'll have that much more time to sate yourself with Skyrim, then you can focus entirely on ME3.

Thank you for that. I needed a silver lining. I was really looking forward to Mass 3.

langfor6 on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Delay makes me sad, but I think everyone was kind of like "end of 2011? That's really quick turnaround time"

Another DLC would be nice but not necessary (as long as DA2 gets a decent DLC out in this time that would be fine as well).

TexiKen on
  • Options
    SnowblindvictimSnowblindvictim Flying casual Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I want to elbow my roommate in the face for saving Kaidan god damnit

Snowblindvictim on
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Is there some Bioware statistics on what the difference percentwise is between people who saved Ashley or Kaidan?

Because it must be 75/25 in favor of Ashley, so says Thoreau.

TexiKen on
  • Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I saved Kaiden.

It was the heat of the moment.

Also, Bros before Hoes.

DeMoN on
    Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    Dharma BumDharma Bum Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I saved Kaiden.

Also, Bros before Hoes.

Makes no sense for those with biological imperative. Phrase probably started by famed homosexual Neil Patrick Harris, author of several books on "Bro Code" related social contracts.

Dharma Bum on
    olgafjpg.jpg
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    TexiKen wrote: »
    Is there some Bioware statistics on what the difference percentwise is between people who saved Ashley or Kaidan?

Because it must be 75/25 in favor of Ashley, so says Thoreau.

It's probably 75/25 in favor of those who didn't even get that far in the game, if not higher

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    finnith wrote: »
    John Riccitiello's comments on the delay of ME3
    Essentially, step by step, [BioWare is] adjusting some of the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you'll see at E3 that can put this into a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG, and essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach.

Speculation ho!

He's basically saying they're making it more awesome in as many words as possible.

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    NytewarriorNytewarrior Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Z0re wrote: »

D:
    Samara wants Kelly to put more of the suff in the... thing more stuff goes in.
    Conrad Verner pilots Emily Wong.

:winky:o_O

Nytewarrior on
    steam_sig.png
    PSN:Midnyte_Rage
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dox the PI wrote: »
    Essentially, step by step, [BioWare is] adjusting some of the gameplay mechanics and some of the features that you'll see at E3 that can put this into a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG, and essentially address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach.

Speculation ho!

He's basically saying they're making it more awesome in as many words as possible.

Basically. But if people want the sky to fall or something so be it.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Speculation ho!

Well, more shootery led to ME2, so...:x

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Yeah. It led to the game actually having good gameplay mechanics.

A travesty indeed.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    sure... :P

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »

A travesty indeed.

And now they're putting back weapon mods and gears style cover mechanics to make more off a shooter and rpg

like Riccitello said

How terrible

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    The problem was the gears style movement mechanics. Worse shooter trend, ever.

You can have a 3rd person cover shooter without making a person less agile than a tank. Or binding everything and the kitchen sink to a single key. Or having the same freaking mouse smoothing problem in every single UE3 game, except making you have to use a special hex editor on the ini, unlike every other UE3 game where notepad is enough

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    chasmchasm Ill-tempered Texan Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    jackisreal wrote: »
    Man. It still amazes me that Bioware squeezed into one of their games what is essentailly a giant, weeping ball of vaginas:
    Feros_Asari_Clone_and_Thorian.png

Have you played Borderlands? I like Randy Pitchford and all, but I'd love to know what made that dev team hate vaginas.

chasm on
    steam_sig.png
    XBL : lJesse Custerl | MWO: Jesse Custer | Best vid ever. | 2nd best vid ever.
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

A travesty indeed.

Like Gillen said:

"I think Mass Effect 2 is a classic, and all the better for following through with the destressing of classic (and irrelevant) RPG tropes"

Here's to continuing the trend!

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    The problem was the gears style movement mechanics. Worse shooter trend, ever.

You can have a 3rd person cover shooter without making a person less agile than a tank. Or binding everything and the kitchen sink to a single key. Or having the same freaking mouse smoothing problem in every single UE3 game, except making you have to use a special hex editor on the ini, unlike every other UE3 game where notepad is enough

Gears characters are actually pretty agile...

As far as the single binding...they said they're working on that so you're be able to vault and stuff without having to go into cover and stuff first.

So...I dunno what to tell you.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    more customization, more complex skill trees, heavier decisions with a much higher impact on endgame results

this seems to be ignored in favor of fear of the unknown since they haven't said what they're tweaking

I do love the meltdown this article to investors has caused on the social forums though :lol:

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Dharma Bum wrote: »
    DeMoN wrote: »
    I saved Kaiden.

Also, Bros before Hoes.

Makes no sense for those with biological imperative. Phrase probably started by famed homosexual Neil Patrick Harris, author of several books on "Bro Code" related social contracts.

Also, Ash is way more of a bro.

She tells stories of the time her sister beat the SHIT out of a guy, and how great that was, and proposes drinking.

Kaiden tells you how he feels bad about snap kicking a dude's head off, and how he's sad he made a girl feel unhappy.

If it was Garrus or Wrex, then it would be bros before hos. Here, it isn't.

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Well, on one hand, I'd hope they'd have a higher impact on endgame results since this is supposedly the end of the trilogy, so they don't have to restrict choices for import. On the other, DA2.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    My decision on who to leave alive is strictly based on who I'm sleeping with.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    Z0reZ0re Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Spoit wrote: »
    Well, on one hand, I'd hope they'd have a higher impact on endgame results since this is supposedly the end of the trilogy, so they don't have to restrict choices for import. On the other, DA2.

If they want more games in the universe, I'd prefer they do what they did in DA2. If they actually let us decide the fate of several species and change the fate of the universe, we'd better never go back because it would butcher and retcon everything.

Personally, I want more games in the universe so I'd prefer Shepard has as little impact as possible outside his personal sphere.

Z0re on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    huh, so in that HD picture of Kaiden / Vanderloo and Liara you can see the SPECTRE logo on kaidens chest piece

I guess that confirms it

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Are ghosts allowed to be spectres?

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Are ghosts allowed to be spectres?

Zombies are

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    I really hope Kaiden doesn't try munching on the brains of any of my crew.

Zombies can really bring down a party.

Lucascraft on
  • Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Speculation ho!

Maybe, but when I hear the words, "Larger market opportunity" that sets off alarm bells.

Everything we've seen so far looks great, I just hope it stays great.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Larger market opportunity just means bringing back the people who were disappointed with the loss of RPG elements, it's not like they can make it more shooter-y. DA2 has shown that the RPG hardcore are a significant (or at least vocal) group.

Shen on
    3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Shen wrote: »
    Larger market opportunity just means bringing back the people who were disappointed with the loss of RPG elements, it's not like they can make it more shooter-y. DA2 has shown that the RPG hardcore are a significant (or at least vocal) group.

Uh, are you reading the same statement I am? Because to me, that statement reads "ME2 was a good start, but it didn't go far enough away from its RPG heritage.

I'm worried that they are going to turn this into "Mass effect 3:Modern space warfare"

Ad astra on
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Anderson headbutts Grunt.

/flex
    Joker calibrates Kelly.

With great care I imagine. Or not.
    A space hamster pilots Harbinger.

So it was the space hamsters all along?!
    Dr. Chakwas buys a copy of Fornax for the Thorian.

A thresher maw charms Sovereign.

We're doomed.
    Garrus punches Udina.

Yessssssss
    Conrad Verner is the genetic destiny of Sovereign.

Oh shit!

This might be the best website ever :winky:

Cormac on
    Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ad astra wrote: »

Uh, are you reading the same statement I am? Because to me, that statement reads "ME2 was a good start, but it didn't go far enough away from its RPG heritage.

I'm worried that they are going to turn this into "Mass effect 3:Modern space warfare"

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Renegade WolfRenegade Wolf Registered User regular
    edited May 2011

Except we know from the previous articles that have been released that they are doing the opposite and trying to bring back more of the RPG elements. I read the statement as saying that they were trying to find a balance between shooter and RPG, ME1 was more RPG than shooter and ME2 was the opposite. The statement says "a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG".

Renegade Wolf on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    Not that many of the RPG trappings histrionically swooned over from ME1 are tremendous losses, but assuming ME3 will basically no longer be an RPG seems like a pretty silly kneejerk reaction to me.

Not sure how plausible I consider it vis-a-vis release dates, but G4 suggests 'larger market opportunity' might be a hint of a port and simultaneous release for the 2012 HD Nintendo console.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    edited May 2011

Except we know from the previous articles that have been released that they are doing the opposite and trying to bring back more of the RPG elements. I read the statement as saying that they were trying to find a balance between shooter and RPG, ME1 was more RPG than shooter and ME2 was the opposite. The statement says "a genre equivalent of shooter-meets-RPG".

I know all the info prior to this statement says the opposite, which is why I'm not too worried, but that statement seems pretty clearly in favor of less RPG elements.

"address a far larger market opportunity than Mass Effect 1 did and Mass Effect 2 began to approach"

"Mass effect 2 began to approach" those words are key, because ME2 was more shooter than RPG.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    jackisrealjackisreal Registered User regular
    edited May 2011
    My decision on who to leave alive is strictly based on who I'm sleeping with.

Man, this could bring a whole new meaning to the term ladykiller

jackisreal on