Options

[Jack Bros./Shin Megami Tensei] - P4G is out! Have you Social Linked yet?

• Options
    EVOLEVOL Registered User regular
    Vegan wrote: »
    Even though Persona 3: FES is supposed to come out for PSN soon, I'm still not sure when I'll be buying it. Still, it's a good game...

Though, it's less about personas, and more about BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY(yyyyyyeeeeeeeeah!)

OOO YEAHH a doo doo doo a doo doo doo doo BABY BABY a doo doo doo doo doo dooooo

Yup I still prefer FeMC's bgm.

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Speaking of music, didn't P3P get new songs? Were they only in FemC's game?

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    I just started playing P3 for the Vita and I've got a couple of questions.

1. You have one year, correct? Do I need to explore all of Tartarus to finish the game proper or is there another "win" condition that I'll know about soon enough?
    2. Are there any disadvantages to going to Tartarus every night?

EDIT: Game answered number 2 for me.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    I believe there is a boss of sorts on every full moon, so once a month. You won't fall behind as long as the story is progressing.

Also, stop worrying about Tartarus. You should be spending your time making friends and studying.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    Reynolds wrote: »
    I believe there is a boss of sorts on every full moon, so once a month. You won't fall behind as long as the story is progressing.

Also, stop worrying about Tartarus. You should be spending your time making friends and studying.

You can study?

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Use your desk in your room.

• Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    Generally you want to clear tartarus until it's locked using one night a month. The first 2 months this will probably mean soloing a few floors with your main, which requires some planning in which demons you use etc.

But yeah, increase stats and make friends most of the time.

• Options
    The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »

You can study?
    If you don't go to Tartarus or do a night-time Social Link, at Late Night you'll be in your room and can either study (improves Academics) or go to sleep early (improves your condition from Tired/Sick to Normal, or from Normal to Great).

• Options
    Ahh, ok. Still figuring out how to properly manage my time (story of my life...). What I've played is really cool so far, though.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    A general tip if you want to get as many social links done as possible is to have a persona of that link with you when doing it, gives a bonus iirc.

• Options
    Should I wait to go to Tartarus during full moons?

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    No. You CANT go to tartarus on full moons. You should go a few times during the month though.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Ah, ok. Will I be alerted when a block is cleared and I can keep going? I've hit the current limit.

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    Yeah, you get a very obvious alert when the next part of tartarus is available.

• Options
    Cool, thanks for the help!

JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    NintenNinten Registered User regular
    @DDS2 Mantra Grid system is pretty neat.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    Vegan wrote: »
    Even though Persona 3: FES is supposed to come out for PSN soon, I'm still not sure when I'll be buying it. Still, it's a good game...

Though, it's less about personas, and more about BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY-BABY(yyyyyyeeeeeeeeah!)

OOO YEAHH a doo doo doo a doo doo doo doo BABY BABY a doo doo doo doo doo dooooo

Gah, I'm playing through P3P (male MC) again right now, thanks for the earworm :rotate:
    DeMoN wrote: »
    Speaking of music, didn't P3P get new songs? Were they only in FemC's game?

I just started the second semester in September and I think the music that played there was new..I could be totally wrong, though.
    Other than that, no, I didn't notice any new songs in the male route.

Maz- on
    Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    For a "perfect" vanilla run of P3P (meaning not NG+) you have to restrict yourself to 1-2 nights in Tartarus per month. Later on this becomes a bit more complicated but usually one trip in the middle of the month and one right near the end will suffice.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    I want Nocturne on PSN dammit.

• Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    Thankfully there are only two social links at night so don't worry if you only max these out very late into the game. Getting your charm, knowledge and courage up early is extremely important.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    Ninten wrote: »
    @DDS2 Mantra Grid system is pretty neat.

Yes! Both of those games stimulate the crazy OCD part of my brain that wants to grind for hours.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options
    -SPI--SPI- Osaka, JapanRegistered User regular
    Just went through a matador-less Ginza Underground. Very strange.

• Options
    Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2012
    You went on a...STRANGE JOURNEY?

Did you have Revelations...about The Demon Slayer ing?

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • Options

That was in the last thread, but I approve of this repost. How does the beginning match up so goddamn well? It's insane. It's godly.

• Options
    JurgJurg In a TeacupRegistered User regular
    I love how well those two match up. It's eerie, like the One Winged Angel/Soulja Boy mashup.

sig.gif
  • Options
    -SPI- wrote: »

Happened to me too. At least at once.

How did you do it?

• Options
    edited April 2012
    -SPI- wrote: »

Happened to me too. At least at once.

How did you do it?
    Played the original Japanese version of Nocturne. They didn't add Amala Labyrinth/Fiends or Dante/Raidou until the Maniax version(s).

So it was fully expected, but felt very weird to what I was used to from the english version that had all the extra content.

-SPI- on
  • Options
    Oh yeah, the original version didn't have the Fiends.

By the way, wonder why people make such a huge deal about the Matador. He wasn't that hard.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    So can someone advise me on Devil Survivor: Overclocked?

I'm at the end of Day 8 right now on my first playthrough. I have 89% of the compendium filled. I'm only missing nine non-special (read: path-related) demons.

DS:O replaced NG+ unlocks with titles and rewards. You earn titles by accomplishing certain tasks in DS, such as finishing a certain route, or completing your compendium. You earn points for each title you unlock, and you can spend those points on rewards that carry over to NG+, like uncapping EXP, or lifting the fusion level restriction.

There are two titles related to the compendium - one is to have every non-special demon in your compendium. Another title is 100% completion of your compendium.

I'm trying to get that first title (since you cannot 100% complete the compendium on your first playthrough).

The problem is, I'm level 80 and Yurlungur is level 85. I have one free battle left before the final battle. Will I be able to get enough EXP to fuse Yurlungur?

Drez on
  • Options
    Gaming-FreakGaming-Freak Registered User regular
    Ah, ok. Will I be alerted when a block is cleared and I can keep going? I've hit the current limit.

Basically you want to get to the next check-point of Tartarus before the next full moon. You'll know you're there when there's a large square area with a stair-case that's blocked off, saying you can't go any further at this time.

Also, there are warp points before every boss fight in the Tartarus that you can use to travel back to the beginning and save your game/heal up before heading back and taking on the boss. So try to focus on the climbing aspect first, and once you cleared the floors, then maybe grind a little. It may not seem like much time at first, but you have PLENTY of time to take on the game, and get quite a few social links maxed.

jagobannerpic.jpg
    XBL: GamingFreak5514
    PSN: GamingFreak1234
  • Options

By the way, wonder why people make such a huge deal about the Matador. He wasn't that hard.

If you come in new to the franchise he is literally the most frustrating brick wall you'll ever see. Like 7 or so years ago I picked up nocturne on a whim, and I was already annoyed with the game for literally not giving me a direction at all, the names of spells seemingly being random and the combat system being somewhat perplexing, even if I was starting to get the hang of it.

Then I hit this boss, which is like 15 min from a save point that literally kills me in 2 rounds. Gave up. I came back to the game after playing persona 4/strange journey and demolished him, but he is a doorstopper unless you know the system really well.

• Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    Err...The save point is literally 2 rooms away from matador. So it's not 15 minutes at all.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    Really? I recall it feeling like forever when I got there the first time anyway, tried the boss 2-3 times, then did something else instead. When I got back to the game he went down like a chump, but the combination of at least having random encounters between him and save point, and him requiring rather decent use of the system is a really mean combo :).

• Options
    Frozenzen wrote: »
    Really? I recall it feeling like forever when I got there the first time anyway, tried the boss 2-3 times, then did something else instead. When I got back to the game he went down like a chump, but the combination of at least having random encounters between him and save point, and him requiring rather decent use of the system is a really mean combo :).

"2 rooms away" in Nocturne could mean 2-3 hours of random battles.

[/exaggeration]

• Options
    edited April 2012
    The only boss causing me trouble was Beldr from Devil Survivor. I seriously gave up playing the game for a day or maybe two.

I don't know, Nocturne was like the 3rd SMT game that I've finished and besides some frustrating parts (Box pushing mini game) I really had no difficulty with it.

I think I was just too damn lucky to have Null Force on the MC and an Uzume in my party against the Matador. I won against him the first try, but damn, I had like 0-10 HP left.

Also, one does not simply forget the usefulness of Dark/Bright Might. Those REALLY help a lot during 80% of the game.

Ninten on
  • Options
    LoveIsUnityLoveIsUnity Registered User regular
    The only boss causing me trouble was Beldr from Devil Survivor. I seriously gave up playing the game for a day or maybe two.

I don't know, Nocturne was like the 3rd SMT game that I've finished and besides some frustrating parts (Box pushing mini game) I really had no difficulty with it.

I think I was just too damn lucky to have Null Force on the MC and an Uzume in my party against the Matador. I won against him the first try, but damn, I had like 0-10 HP left.

Also, one does not simply forget the usefulness of Dark/Bright Might. Those REALLY help a lot during 80% of the game.

I'm not too proud to admit that once those started taking longer than a few minutes to figure out I looked up the solutions. I probably wouldn't have done this if I could have saved in between puzzles, but that wasn't an option...

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I'm not that good at puzzles, so I had to consult a guide for it, yes.

• Options
    edited April 2012

I'm not too proud to admit that once those started taking longer than a few minutes to figure out I looked up the solutions. I probably wouldn't have done this if I could have saved in between puzzles, but that wasn't an option...

Is Beldr really that hard? I admit I was hitting the EXP cap pretty much all the time. I found that fight rather easy, though I pretty much ignored everything but Beldr.

Drez on
  • Options

Matador is the first real SMT boss of the game. He requires going in prepared and having the correct tools, so it can be a rude wake up call if you've just been coasting along doing whatever up to that point. So he makes a bigger impression on a lot of people than latter bosses simply because by that point they know what's up with the game.

This discussion has been closed.