As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old busted Steam thread. Go find the new hotness.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    @Big Isy just sent me Skyrim after casually mentioning that I regretted not buying it during the daily. His class is legend.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    knitbloke wrote: »
    So I'm still new to Steam and gifting. Do most of you buy extra copies of games that have good deals and hold on to them? I've bought some that seem like really good deals but that I'm probably not ever going to play.

I generally click on each of the games that are on sale and see how many dudes want it on my friend's list.

THEN I BUY IT AND GIVE IT TO THEM!

Yeah, this is what the cool kids do. Especially if it's a DLC that costs a dollar or two. Then you're being cruel if you don't buy it for them.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Shiflett is an awesome dude and gave me Payday. The first thing I did was kill all the civilians which I don't think was the plan. Oh well, awesome gift from an awesome person.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    RainbowDespairRainbowDespair Registered User regular
    Rain-Slick 3 Steam codes! Enjoy!

3Z7ZM-JGMFJ-A2KLE
    HA0EV-WMFF8-B92Y6
    FCPHZ-2V32G-RGV39

• Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    signature.png

I'm trying to find one other person to give this away to, beyond this contest. Four copies is about all I can afford.

uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    ElderlycrawfishElderlycrawfish Registered User regular
    Do both. Buy stuff straight to your friends, buy some and stash it in your inventory to give out later.

• Options
    tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    knitbloke wrote: »
    So I'm still new to Steam and gifting. Do most of you buy extra copies of games that have good deals and hold on to them? I've bought some that seem like really good deals but that I'm probably not ever going to play.

I think there's three methods:

1) You play something that's really cool, and later on down the line you see it on deep discount and say 'hey, for that price it'd be a great gift for someone who hasn't tried it before.' Boughtenated.

2) You buy a game like The Ship or Frozen Synapse that comes with a free extra copy, or you get something like a SFIV/Payday/Terraria/L4D2 4-pack. Giftacular.

3) Gear Girl's method, which is apparently BUY ALL THE EVERYTHING WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

All these methods are fine and you should pick what works for you.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    Very generous Rainbow, thanks kindly.

I used the second code.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    The main PA chat is beating me up with gifts. @minor incident just gifted me Gun Runners arsenal, @Antecantelope gifted me The Baconing and @envoy gifted me Tiny & Bigs Adventure. I'm drowning in games here and surrounded by classy gits! Quit picking on me!

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    signature.png

I'm trying to find one other person to give this away to, beyond this contest. Four copies is about all I can afford.

I'm tempted to enter just to own the game on Steam, but I still play it on my 360 (I even have the iPhone game) and would never dream of depriving someone who's never played it of the opportunity.

I've done really well so far this sale. Only ten purchases, none for myself.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    What an offer

Indeed!

And thanks also go out to @TeeMan for his Steamgifts giveaway of Audiosurf, which I somehow managed to make my first ever SG win! I woulda missed the victory for a little while longer, too, but the email showed up when I was searching through my inbox to see how much I'd spent during the sale.

Many thanks, TeeMan - and I think I can break away from CKII for a bit to check it out. ;)

• Options
    RoyceX7RoyceX7 Registered User regular
    Thanks to @Denada for the Magicka giveaway! Magic~~ *Sniff* *Sniff*

Steam: RoyceX7

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular
    My enemy is not money, it isn't even time, it is space. Fear is 16 Gigs! 16! Wasn't there a program to clean up old distributable packages, or something?

I, for one, enjoyed the Mako.

Steam: BrocksMullet http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197972421669/

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Reynolds wrote: »
    signature.png

I entered the contest and I put it on the Wishlist, this was always one of those 'I'd like to check it out' games, but my money is currently earmarked for other stuff!

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Shout out to @Viking, who, much like the esteemed Sir Alec Guinness, is filled with genuine class! Thanks for Mirror's Edge, I look forward to not shooting people!

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    edited July 2012
    There is some PA group for Co-op and multi player with some giveaways too?

can i get invited to that one too? :3

slappybag on
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    My enemy is not money, it isn't even time, it is space. Fear is 16 Gigs! 16! Wasn't there a program to clean up old distributable packages, or something?

From the OP: http://steamcleaner.tikione.fr/en/

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    GaslightGaslight Registered User regular
    This is now open for entries.

signature.png

• Options
    DeMoNDeMoN twitch.tv/toxic_cizzle Registered User regular
    Woo, got home from work to find out I won Magicka from Denada! Thank you classy sir.

Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • Options
    ShadeShade Registered User regular
    I fell off a building, luckily @Hyperion caught me. Then handed me a briefcase and told me to RUN.

I didn't know you could run that fast while wearing a tophat until I met him.

• Options
    BrocksMulletBrocksMullet Into the sunrise, on a jet-ski. Natch.Registered User regular

Thanks!

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    I'm like, 2min into Legend of Grimrock and I am stuck. That said, the game clicked with me pretty fast as far as movement. So. Thats good.

• Options
    Ov3rchargeOv3rcharge R.I.P. Mass Effect You were dead to me for yearsRegistered User regular
    Just finished Dear Esther.
    What the hell did I just play?

• Options
    ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular
    Bought me some Ys, Dead Rising, and Dear Esther.

Should be interesting.

• Options
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

"Play" might be the wrong word, if everything I've heard is correct.

• Options
    You saved 7677.06 MB. Nice.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Thanks!

Haha, didn't have much to clear out.

I am amused by the structure of the program (That is, that it's a .bat file launching a .jar)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    signature.png

bump that.

So I just spent the day in the flaming hellhole of drought America outside at various car lots trying to find something I need while simultaneously finding good excuses to leave when i start to feel jerked around and I got home to find that @big Isy had sent me Dear Esther. Kudos.

• Options
    HyperionHyperion Registered User regular
    Shade wrote: »
    I fell off a building, luckily @Hyperion caught me. Then handed me a briefcase and told me to RUN.

I didn't know you could run that fast while wearing a tophat until I met him.

You're welcome! I just got it too, I'll be curious to see if our opinions align whenever we finish playing it.

XBL: Jhnny Cash PSN: Jhnny_Cash Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/id/hypephb 3DS: 0619-4582-9630 Nintendo Network ID: DBrickashaw
    You might know me as D'Brickashaw on Steam.
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    You saved 7677.06 MB. Nice.

Yep, I saved over 5 gigs.

Thanks for the tip!

Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    Made me laugh:
    original.jpg

• Options
    DirtyboyDirtyboy Registered User regular
    Yes, the Dead Rising games are worth buying.
    deadrising2201110151726.jpg
    deadrising2201012012141.jpg
    deadrising2201011280138.jpg

• Options
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Ov3rcharge wrote: »

"Play" might be the wrong word, if everything I've heard is correct.

Yeah I've been telling everyone its awesome and that its not something you play but experience. Its more of an interactive walking graphic novel than a game. It has amazing visuals and the story is told beautifully. The music is pitch perfect and always on cue. The story itself though is something you have to piece together. I absolutely adored it (hence the slew of gifts!) and the story made sense to me albeit in a rather contrived way. New monologues are played as you go to certain points in the environment so its easy to miss cettain things.

• Options
    LepwaveLepwave Registered User regular
    @pemulis just ninja gifted me Trine 2! Thank ya kindly.

XBL/CoX tags - Lepwave/@Lepwave
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    what's that, you don't own Civ5 yet?

signature.png

DLC sold seperately. Void where prohibited. Some restrictions apply.

• Options
    IgelIgel Registered User regular
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Alright, I need a recommendation for a Strategy/RPG/Builder/Trader (with action)/4X games. Something that isn't a huge clickfest (moderate ones okay!)

I like:
    Terraria
    MineCraft
    Command and Conquer/Company of Heroes/Dawn of War
    X3
    Star Ruler

Any Suggestions? It needs some action.

ETA: @Broncbuster , because fast thread is fast.

Now I want Evochron, which isn't helping.
    From a strategy point of view, you may like Sword of the Stars/Endless Space.
    Slightly more actiony (but still a 4x) is Sins of a Solar Empire.
    I'd also like to take a moment to recommend Nexus: The Jupiter incident, which only I appear to have ever played (except people I've given it to). It might float your Strategy/Action boat, and its..er..£2.

Thanks, I own the first Sword of the Stars, but for some reason it didn't grab me.

I'm curious about Endless Space, and Nexus. I'll have to do some research.

I can vouch for Endless Space, I've had fun with it and find it very well done.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    Mirror's Edge won over Beyond Good and Evil, seriously? Bluhhhh stupid Steam Community.

• Options
    JebralJebral The guy nobody pays attention to Down South in the land of free thinkingRegistered User regular
    Gut churning decisions :(

Dead Rising 2: Off the Record for $10, but then there are these Ys games... There descriptions on the steam page actually use the word metroidvania..... And that's enticing! So... What are they like? More typical JRPG or does the term metroidvania actually apply to these games? That would be awesome and I would buy them both :)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    It won't end D:
    @Viking just ninja-gifted me Ys: The Oath in Felghana out of the blue! He's a Viking, ninja and classy crab all in one!

• Options
    projectmayhemprojectmayhem Registered User regular
    Big Isy wrote: »
    It won't end D:
    @Viking just ninja-gifted me Ys: The Oath in Felghana out of the blue! He's a Viking, ninja and classy crab all in one!

You should play it and tell me how it is. I've been looking at it all sale =p

This discussion has been closed.