Options

Diablo III: Patch 1.07 preview up!

• Options
    farbekriegfarbekrieg Registered User regular
    frostburns are worse its like a kick to the junk every time i see a legendary gauntlet drop that isnt a set item

• Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    edited January 2013
    The game keeps throwing crappy 2H legendaries at me. Warmongers and Schaefer's Hammers and Gavels of Judgment all over the place. But it also threw a -15 RLR Flying Dragon at me, which sold for 10 million. :)

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    Score, snagged these for just over 13M.

newpants.png

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Those are some sexy pants.

I can't seem to get over 10m gold anymore. Seems like every time i get to about 10m, I spend at least half of it on small stuff for my DH.

On the upside, I got my DH over 100k dps last night. Mile markers wooo

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    HexDex wrote: »

I can't seem to get over 10m gold anymore. Seems like every time i get to about 10m, I spend at least half of it on small stuff for my DH.

This is one of the reasons for which I like being a stingy miser with my Dablo gold. I only buy upgrades when I find them for super-discounted prices. And I generally only worry about having gear that is adequate to the content I most often farm.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm mostly saving up for a ludicrously expensive Xephiran Amulet, but if I get a chance to replace a single resist piece with all resist for that cheap, I'm gonna bite ten times out of ten.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    is it just me or do these new quest elites not drop rares anymore

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    New quest elites?

• Options
    AllchuffedupAllchuffedup Registered User regular
    I'm curious what I should be running to farm cash/drops. I'm a double ww barb 60(8)
    I can do butcher on mp1 but can't to alkaizer on mp0 without getting owned towards the end

steam_sig.png
    allchuffedup#1671
  • Options
    I'm curious what I should be running to farm cash/drops. I'm a double ww barb 60(8)
    I can do butcher on mp1 but can't to alkaizer on mp0 without getting owned towards the end

Link your character profile, maybe with a few cheap gear/spec tweaks you could get rolling in Act 3.

• Options

This seems strange. I didn't think the acts were significantly different, in terms of mob difficulty, anymore.

What exact things give you difficulty with alkaizer runs?

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    _J_ wrote: »

This seems strange. I didn't think the acts were significantly different, in terms of mob difficulty, anymore.

What exact things give you difficulty with alkaizer runs?

Spear goats FAT OCCULTIST FUCKS and the flying jerks I bet, I know those are what give me trouble.

• Options
    Get some Crit Chance Crit Damage Strength Vit rings for one, they're pretty cheap, usually.

Also I got my CM Sorceress to 60, it's like I'm a walking Michael Bay movie.

• Options

I would suggest more Life on Hit / Life steal gear. I only found lifesteal on your belt.

• Options
    edited January 2013

I would suggest more Life on Hit / Life steal gear. I only found lifesteal on your belt.

Looks like 2.8% LS on belt, 3% LS from passives, 2.5% LS on his offhand. That ought to be more than plenty, so my assumption would be that his DPS isn't low enough to make the LS work on his effective health pool. Trading out Bloodthirst for an EHP passive like Nerves of Steel would leave him with 5.3% lifesteal; might be worth trying.

edit: wooooo trifecta ring
    Discordant Wheel
    +35 Poison resistance
    Attack Speed increased by 6%
    Critical Hit Damage increased by 41%
    Critical Hit Chance increased by 3.5%

:rotate:

Dehumanized on
  • Options
    AllchuffedupAllchuffedup Registered User regular
    What about the most effective acts/quests to farm? Should I be trying Alkaizer mp0 over butcher mp2?

steam_sig.png
    allchuffedup#1671
  • Options
    sumwarsumwar Registered User regular
    So when I increase the monster power does the damage of frozen/desecrator/ fire chains etc increase or just the auto attack damage of the monsters? I suspect it's just the auto attack but I can't tell.

• Options
    What about the most effective acts/quests to farm? Should I be trying Alkaizer mp0 over butcher mp2?

As I understand it, Alkaizer is overall more beneficial for xp / item acquisition. Butcher runs have lower mob density overall. Plus, bosses have shitty drops so the time spent actually killing Butcher is better spent killing elite packs / white mobs.

You want to be farming Act 3.

With respect to monster levels, people seem to find that mp0 or mp1 is overall more efficient than higher mp levels. That rule only changes if one can continue to one-hit mobs in higher mp levels.

• Options
    sumwar wrote: »
    So when I increase the monster power does the damage of frozen/desecrator/ fire chains etc increase or just the auto attack damage of the monsters? I suspect it's just the auto attack but I can't tell.

All the damage increases.

• Options
    So white daggers with the affix "balanced" are selling. I sold one for 200k just now, had 19% attack speed people charging stupid amounts for perfect 20% ones but those dont' seem to be selling.

• Options
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    So white daggers with the affix "balanced" are selling. I sold one for 200k just now, had 19% attack speed people charging stupid amounts for perfect 20% ones but those dont' seem to be selling.

really? wtf is going on out there.. i feel im always the last to know anything

• Options
    edited January 2013
    SkutSkut wrote: »

The fuck are people using them for?

Edit: Here is the Reddit thread.

_J_ on
  • Options
    Temporary bnet outage wtffffffffffffffffffffff.

I am sad.

• Options
    Temporary bnet outage wtffffffffffffffffffffff.

I am sad.

It's all those people logging in to farm white daggers.

• Options
    This has been a very long "temporary" outage.

• Options
    damn it, i was going to log in and get a legendary... a good legendary this time

not like the last 137 legendaries i looted at all.

• Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular

I got so pissed off at Black Ops 2 that I tried to log on and play some D3. Tonight is now a Minecraft night.

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    edited January 2013

I got so pissed off at Black Ops 2 that I tried to log on and play some D3. Tonight is now a Minecraft night.

Your first mistake was buying Black Ops 2.

Edit* Finally made it in.

HexDex on

• Options

Your first mistake was buying Black Ops 2.

Edit* Finally made it in.

Nah, BO2 is one of those games that is a lot of fun with friends. Especially the zombies game mode. However, my friends are surprisingly not online tonight. Time to Diablo it up and see what kind of shitty legendary I get!

WAHOO!

Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    So I've been thinking what should be the requirement to move on to the next monster power level as I'm doing monster power 1 right now with 94.5K dps. I've decided it should feel like I have 55K dps. So to do monster power 2 I need 123.75K dps and to do monster power 3 I need 179.3K dps and of course I need adequate defensive stats. I've got a shield on and I plan on getting rid of it eventually so I think I can do monster power 2 with in a some what realistic time span. Monster power 3 will take a lot longer but I feel like I can eventually get the gear to do monster power 3.

After hitting 179.3K dps I think I'll just stop and save gold for the next expansion, maybe spend some money on alts. My CM wizard is a ton of fun. She only has 1.43 attacks per second but she has nice crit and sorta decent defensive stats. I can perma freeze monsters, it's such a fun build. I wish it was a faster farming build, but it doesn't compete with the whirlwind tornado build unfortunately. Still I can play for fun no? haha:).

• Options
    borkbork Registered User regular
    Anyone else having weird stuff happen with the AH (gold)?

Logged on earlier to see 8 active auctions when I was sure I had all 10 slots full up, and nothing had sold. Put two more things up. Logged on just now to this:

WfE8y.png

• Options
    So I got my CM wizard some gear, nothing crazy expensive but enough to do mp0 act 3 inferno because doing act 3 inferno over and over with my barbarian can get old and it's nice to have variety. Cm wizards aren't the fastest farmers but damn they're fun. I'm thinking of gearing a demon hunter to do mp0 act 3 inferno because it'd be fun to multi shot monsters, multi shot looks like a cool ability.

• Options
    Liquid GhostLiquid Ghost DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES, TOO?! Registered User regular
    Going through Normal with a sword and board-ish setup and I'm enjoying it immensely. Revenge, whichever shout reduces enemy damage, Frenzy with Sidearm, Leap with Iron Impact, Ground Slam with whatever it is that pulls stuff towards you, Nerves of Steel, a bunch of other shit I can't remember. Planning on picking up Superstition, perhaps, and something else that either helps out with my survivability or contributes somewhat to my damage output.

Swinging stupid fast and seeing tons of Sidearm and Chain Lightning procs from my weapon. Eager to see how this sort of thing works out on higher difficulties, since the content I'm chewing through now is easy mode for basically any build ever. I have about 10k health or so at the moment, but I need to raise my resistances in order to better deal with nastier elemental damage packs. Just broke into Act 3, so I figure now is the time to consider that issue in order to make staying alive that much easier.

My most hated enemies so far are anything that has the Nightmare attribute, since running around all dingly-dangly is a pain in the ass when my major goal is to gather up everything in the entire world and have it all attacking me at once so I can go all Sanguinius and cut them down in droves. Later on, I'm sure this problem is just going to be exacerbated by multiple champion/elite attributes being placed in completely fucked up combinations designed to make you go crazy and start chewing on your keyboard like a lycanthropine madman.

I'm pretty sure "lycanthropine" isn't a word, but it should be.

• Options
    SkeightmachineSkeightmachine Registered User regular
    Hey Guys I have these gloves and they aren't selling for any kind of money:

158 Dexterity
    84 Vitality
    49 Lightning resistance
    6 IAS
    33% Crit hit damage
    6.5% Crit chance

After a few weeks I have dropped the price down way down I cant sell them. Is it because even though it does have the trifecta the values are pretty low? I was thinking the high dex/some vit and resist would help but they haven't. Were there any really good set gloves that people would perfer?

Thank you!

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    bork wrote: »
    Anyone else having weird stuff happen with the AH (gold)?

Logged on earlier to see 8 active auctions when I was sure I had all 10 slots full up, and nothing had sold. Put two more things up. Logged on just now to this:

WfE8y.png

do you have ongoing bids? I was trying to score the WD set chest for cheap and had like 5 bids up and the panel said 15

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2013
    Time to Diablo it up and see what kind of shitty legendary I get!

My prediction came true! I was leveling my WD last night (going through the game on normal, MP7) and got two legendary items in about two hours.

legendaries_zps42b94561.jpg

edit: Not even ten minutes go by when I get this:
    BARB_zps62436e50.jpg

Beyond Normal on
  • Options
    Hey Guys I have these gloves and they aren't selling for any kind of money:

158 Dexterity
    84 Vitality
    49 Lightning resistance
    6 IAS
    33% Crit hit damage
    6.5% Crit chance

After a few weeks I have dropped the price down way down I cant sell them. Is it because even though it does have the trifecta the values are pretty low? I was thinking the high dex/some vit and resist would help but they haven't. Were there any really good set gloves that people would perfer?

Thank you!

@Skeightmachine

What are you trying to sell them for?

Search the AH for gloves with these values:
    Dex - 150
    Vit - 50
    IAS - 6
    CHD - 30
    CH - 6

To get an idea of prices for similar items. The lowest price is a 20M buyout.

I lowered the vit to 50 b/c vit isn't that important on gloves. I left off the lightning resist because, again, people don't buy trifecta gloves for one random resist. The 3% crit dmg and .5 crit chance are negligible as well.

Given the current prices and gear available, I would suggest you list yours for about 50M, and then lower it by 5M each time the auction expires. If you want to sell them sooon, start at 25M and lower it each time the auction expires.

• Options
    MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    Merry Xmas All!

Been trying to catch up (off internet for some time)

This is one of the reasons for which I like being a stingy miser with my Dablo gold. I only buy upgrades when I find them for super-discounted prices. And I generally only worry about having gear that is adequate to the content I most often farm.

I'm a bit like this. I like to have an ever increasing gold floor at which I won't go below until I earn some more. At the moment the floor is 100M (although I am sitting on about 150M at the moment having dropped 70M on a Twirly Monk).

On that subject a Twirly monk is utterly ridiculous for low MP/Para level farming. So insanely quick and great fun.

Really need to do some more ubers though. Currently using an awful STR hellfire on the monk.

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
  • Options
    Here is an interesting Reddit thread: D3 Timeline Compendium of Failure

The thread links to this bnet post. It lists all the things Blizzard fucked up in D3, with links to either relevant youtube vids or blue posts.

It's a very convenient list for those of us who enjoy citing things in arguments.