As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[chat]muting

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    isms all up in

I friendzoned a girl and now she wont talk to me because she thought I wanted the V and I didn't, I thought we were just friends :(

Yell "take THAT, societal conception of gender roles!" and kick someone down the stairs.

I regularly do this and it's pretty great.

the worst part is she was literally my only good friend in the area, this was about a year and a half ago

Now Im getting chummy with this girl and she wanted lunch yesterday and im getting the same vibes but absolutely do not feel that way about her (like im p sure she thought it was a date)

maybe there's something wrong with me, I've been single for a long time why am I not interested by default

Well... I'm sorry, and that sucks. But it she's not going to talk to you over that it seems like she might be lacking some... maturity? I mean that shit is really, really disappointing but it's not a thing to drop a friendship over for more than a week so you get over it.

Also nothing wrong with you, you're just being a person.

She wanted the D, not a friendship. She shouldn't stick be obligated by a sense of maturity to be friends.

It sounds to me like she wanted a lot more than sex, really.

Well yeah, I was being flip. It sounds like she wanted a relationship, whereas he just wanted a friend. You shouldn't have to stick around and subject yourself to that.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Doing demo training with the sales people. And they are getting better. A few have gotten to the point where they won't embarrass us. But one of them is just so bad. Like I can watch his face and pin point the moment where his brain just locks up. I don't mean public speaking fear. I mean locking up as in his mental gears just come to a crashing halt. The look on his face is the human equivalent of a BSOD. I'm not sure how I fix this. He just starts over thinking things and then nails himself with choice paralysis. The solution would be to memorize until it's reflexive but he locks up during that.

Bad HD, just have to replace it.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    MadCaddyMadCaddy Registered User regular
    Leitner wrote: »
    MadCaddy wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    Booked an appointment to get my first bespoke suit tomorrow from a place a friend recommended.

Going to be hit by such a sense of imposter syndrome. I don't work in the city, what am I doing.

Nice, what fabric/make you going? What city you getting it from/establishment if you don't mind? A well tailored suit can last you 20 years if you're over 20 and don't get blackout drunk at every wedding.. Chicks dig black lanel.

Little place in Westminster on Savile Row.

Friends calling back later tonight with advice on material, cut, and etc because it's something I know very little about.

Well, enjoy sir.. It's an experience you shouldn't have again for some time if things going according to plan (or if you become a bespoked addict, and get super successful).. I'm actually gonna have to wear mine today because of this formal dresscode bs for the turf club today.. Off track so much easier, and I can do it in my skivvies!

I think double breasted is still the style, but I'm not current.. I actually really need to get mine touched up by a tailor as I think I got this adjusted when I was about 20lbs heavier and had a standing role at a wedding.

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    also: try dogfighting upside down only

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    Abdhyius wrote: »

Game tip or advanced sex position?

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    Doing demo training with the sales people. And they are getting better. A few have gotten to the point where they won't embarrass us. But one of them is just so bad. Like I can watch his face and pin point the moment where his brain just locks up. I don't mean public speaking fear. I mean locking up as in his mental gears just come to a crashing halt. The look on his face is the human equivalent of a BSOD. I'm not sure how I fix this. He just starts over thinking things and then nails himself with choice paralysis. The solution would be to memorize until it's reflexive but he locks up during that.

Bad HD, just have to replace it.

I'm pretty sure a simple reformat could solve but my boss won't sign off on that.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

Put him to sleep and tell the other salespeople he's gone to live on a farm on the country.

• Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Sarksus wrote: »
    I made a terrible mistake of trying to improve my body by going to the fun. The weather is buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuutts.

What's the fun.

I somehow completely mistypes "gym" and didn't notice.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    That's just what girls do.

Like spiritual vampires.

You didn't know?

vaginpires

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular

But you can't just hold down spacebar then.

• Options
    the D is more than mere sex

from the D flows love and caring

as well as a bunch of different kinda gross fluids that I don't know why people like tasting but I ain't complaining

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

I felt like I was flying a bus with a pair of reins when I got into a Reaver.

• Options
    Cinders wrote: »

But you can't just hold down spacebar then.

no you use ctrl to descend upwards

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    If you love the D you should moisturize it daily.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Stolen from the cartoon thread:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3FBjKt7Co

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    That's just what girls do.

Like spiritual vampires.

You didn't know?

vaginpires

Like vampires, there are legends of vaginae with rows of teeth.

• Options

heh, yeah, the handling is weird. Feels like a weird jet plane helicopter hybrid thing.

It has grown on me though.

A little. I'm still hankering for something that behaves like a helicopter when I want to blast tanks.

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

Put him to sleep and tell the other salespeople he's gone to live on a farm on the country.

Management won't sign off on that either.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Kagera wrote: »
    If you love the D you should moisturize it daily.

Use oil erry day.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    somebody at gearbox has vagina fear

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Stolen from the cartoon thread:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cW3FBjKt7Co

...huh. Interesting.

• Options
    also a cockpit view that wasn't so damn restricted

like, fun fact, planetside devs

when flying anything VTOL, people have generally found that when landing it is a benefit to be able to see the ground

also, to have a throttle that isn't a toggle with the label JUMP/SLAM

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    do people really lie to their children about their pets dying

919UOwT.png
  • Options
    Bogart wrote: »

Management won't sign off on that either.

Fuckin' management.

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular

heh, yeah, the handling is weird. Feels like a weird jet plane helicopter hybrid thing.

It has grown on me though.

A little. I'm still hankering for something that behaves like a helicopter when I want to blast tanks.

Yeah I just want a damn helicopter. It says I'm going like 200kph and it doesn't feel fast at all. It doesn't feel nimble in any regard. I really like flying aircraft but I'm not digging these ones.

• Options
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »

some people are cowardly so maybe

ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    Gooey wrote: »

I think so.

It's weird because that is probably a good time to teach them about the futility and ultimate pointlessness of existence.

A great teaching moment.

• Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular

I'm glad you've been sharing these experiences, Thoma. I've been picturing it like the suit-wearing tech-pitching equivalent of Stand and Deliver.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Ludious wrote: »
    Donglegate and all the reaction to it is a microcosm of everything I hate about the tech community.
    I've been reading a lot about this and it is very frustrating.

First off: No one should have been fired. Not even Richards.
    Second off: The joke was not sexist. Immature? Perhaps, but not sexist.
    Third off: Jesus Christ no one should have been fired I mean holy shit.
    Fourth off: Adria Richards is a hypocrite who has made dick jokes on her own twitter and has asserted that blacks cannot be racist towards whites. While this is not the norm, it is patently untrue. I do not like hypocrites.

Fifth: JESUS CHRIST WHY DID EVERYONE GET FIRED HOLY SHIT

One, from what I understand, the male developer who was fired was on borrowed time with his employer.
    Two, a professional conference is not the fucking place for dick jokes and contributes to a hostile environment for women.
    Three, how is she a hypocrite? Venue counts. As for her views on race, we've discussed that viewpoint - it's not crazy to say that racism = prejudice + power.
    Four, all the people trying to say that her Twitter was professional because she listed her position on it need to eat a large bag of dicks.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »
    Ludious wrote: »
    Fifth: JESUS CHRIST WHY DID EVERYONE GET FIRED HOLY SHIT

He made someone uncomfortable enough that they complained.
    She could not effectively do her job in Developer Relations anymore.

No, her employer caved to terrorism. Pure and simple.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    Silas BrownSilas Brown That's hobo style. Registered User regular
    I watched my first pet get euthanized. It was a heartwrenching moment that is still sort of painful to remember, but I'd say it was a good thing to learn from as a child.

• Options
    Robocop plus drinks tonight, gay wedding reception thingy tomorrow night, Sunday free to be occupied by a hangover.

• Options
    Two, a professional conference is not the fucking place for dick jokes

look this is an outrage

dick jokes cannot be contained

they cannot be controlled

they cannot be caged!

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Also when I was diagnosed with all of the shit I have when I was 14 I had a choking phobia and couldn't swallow pills! So I've been unmedicated since my diagnosis 11 years ago.

(I no longer have the phobia)

I couldn't swallow pills at all until I had my tonsils yanked out.

• Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Sonic fans can be the worst

But they can also be the best. Today they are the best.

They ported the daytime levels from Sonic Unleashed into the Generations engine, creating a new distilled version of the good stuff from Unleashed minus the Werehog beat em up levels and the bullshit token unlock next level stuff.

The result is a game that can be beat in 30 minutes, which really explains how much fluff and padding Unleashed had.

But they are some 30 minutes alright.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LBE2EFNQoEo

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Thanks to everyone wishing me a happy b-day. So far it has been relaxing and nice.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    I watched my first pet get euthanized. It was a heartwrenching moment that is still sort of painful to remember, but I'd say it was a good thing to learn from as a child.

I've been lucky (?) in that most of my pets have died by wandering off into the mountains at old age. Or young age and being eaten by coyotes.

So I haven't had a lot of acute "this pet has died" moments, just a lot of "I haven't seen the cat in a few days" "Hmm, now it's been a week" "ok, he's definitely dead now."

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
This discussion has been closed.