As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Come for the [Steam] Sharing announcement (p.75). Stay for the new bundles!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    8bitogre wrote: »
    I'm really tempted to pick up Prison Architect but the people on the forums are saying the game is still overpriced, even at 40% off...

Keep in mind that it is still an alpha! As much as I love Introversion, I'd rather wait for the finished product. And I am more than willing to wait.

I can definitely see the appeal of early access to a game, but that's just not for me anymore.

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    If I were to buy one Eurotruck Simulator, is 2 enough of a jump to spend the extra $10?

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Corsini wrote: »
    If I were to buy one Eurotruck Simulator, is 2 enough of a jump to spend the extra $10?
    yes

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    I'm really tempted to pick up Prison Architect but the people on the forums are saying the game is still overpriced, even at 40% off...

Which forums? The Steam forums? If a game costs more than five bucks it's overpriced according to 99.9% of the Steam forums.

• Options
    MaguanoMaguano Registered User regular
    Masume wrote: »
    Big thanks to @KoopahTroopah for Dark Souls...apparently I'm one of the few left on earth who haven't played this yet. Anything I should know other than I need to prepare to die often?
    maybe after my next paycheck, there will be one less on earth as well (/e grumbles about having to take down 5 oak trees)

steam:maguano2
    gamertag:Maguano71
    Switch:SW-8428-8279-1687
  • Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    So, rogue legacy is good then? I've been kicking it around and it looks fun, but I have heard its a bit middling.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    cnUnt9q.gif?1?3073

I mentioned buying people Dark Souls to a friend and he sent me this. Very accurate portrayal.
    LutExIV wrote: »
    So, rogue legacy is good then? I've been kicking it around and it looks fun, but I have heard its a bit middling.

It's very much worth it's price.

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    LutExIVLutExIV Thieves Guild Chairman In the ShadowsRegistered User regular
    So rogue legacy is good then? I've been looking at it but I have heard its a bit middling.

26965406221_865f825658.jpg
    Steam/PSN/XBox Live:LutExIV
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Ok first of all, fuck Gearbox. Aliens: Colonial Marines is eight kinds of fucked. I wanted to like it, because if there is one thing I love on Krom's green earth, it's running terrified from a Xenomorph, pumping round after round from my weapon in a desperate, panicked attempt to kill it before it eats my face. I can't get enough of that shit.

The first thing you do in the game is walk across an umbelical cord from one ship to another, and something explodes. Ok, you're sitting in a very fragile tube between two ships, a giant explosion has just rippled through, and the glass is cracking all around you. Probably not a good time to put your finger to your ear and lazily waltz toward the exit. Then, you get to the other ship, and a guy is giving CPR to a guy that is A.) Spurting blood through his armor somehow, B.) conscious, and C.) looking around and moaning. This sorta laziness in a AAA game is pretty lame.

So some shit goes down and my retarded squadmate throws a grenade and fucks up our only exit, and now we've got to do a standard "defend this dumbass for thirty seconds while he unlocks the door" mission, and immediately afterward we run into a room so he can open a door to the umbelical so we can leave. Only he doesn't open the door, he clips through the door, and the door won't open for me. I am forced to reload the checkpoint, which is right before the stupid battle, I do it again, and this time I die, but instead of dying, I am walking around with the "you're dead" filter on my screen, and everyone (including the alien that killed me) are just standing there not doing anything, and my corpse is laying on the floor. I quit my digital out of body experience by reloading the checkpoint, doing the battle once again, but this time the doofus doesn't throw the grenade, he gets stuck in a wall instead, the thing explodes on it's own, and then he warps into the spot where the locked door is.

Then, there is this:
    5GShBYI.jpg

Yeah, use the left button to move the right arm, and the right button to move the left arm. Because all FPS game characters are right handed, so clearly we have to make the power loaders right handed as well. Between the shitty attention to detail that basically just turns this game into space cowadootie (human enemies? did I seriously just mount a reflex sight on my pulse rifle?), to the animations so choppy and rough they look like Micheal J. Fox was their mocap guy, I am really straining here.

But whatever, because tonight is all good, because a certain @Luchaire has bestowed upon me the gift of Dark Souls. I am super excited to play it, people in chat tell me that it's super easy, not at all frustrating, and something about their being a particularly nice chest in there somewhere as well. I can't wait! Thanks Luchaire!

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    just buy natural selection 2

• Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    edited August 2013
    Open to PA group members, NO CONTRIBUTION NEEDED :

signature.png

signature.png

Quick enter that second one!

Congratulations, to @Masume for winning the super extra fun time second gift of Dark Souls!

First one is still open for another 30 minutes!

Praise the sun!

Congratulations to @Talus9952 for winning the first super fun gift time of Dark Souls!

Now go forth and die with each other. Sunbro for jolly cooperation!

Big thanks to the ever classy @KoopahTroopah for hosting giveaways for 2 copies of Dark Souls! You rock man.

Talus9952 on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    Steam it'd be cool if you'd let me toggle a game into "do not update" mode while offline so I don't have to go online and trigger the patch I'm trying to avoid thereby rendering the game unplayable until patched.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Steam it'd be cool if you'd let me toggle a game into "do not update" mode while offline so I don't have to go online and trigger the patch I'm trying to avoid thereby rendering the game unplayable until patched.

Saints Row 4? You want that patch now.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    I have a secret. I haven't played Amnesia yet, because I am a super wuss when it comes to scary games. I just never admitted it in the thread or chat because I didn't want to lose any of my street cred.

@AnteCantelope saw my Alien-related frustration and sent me this to cheer me up:

gt1URtq.png
    The ultimate irony is that it popped up while I was installing GFWL during the installation for Dark Souls, which caused Steam to crash and lock up my PC.

• Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    Look at all those upcoming Pac-Man DLCS -_-

• Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent is easily the scariest game I've ever played, and I ain't one to get scared from games (for the most part). I literally tense up thinking about A Machine for Pigs.

• Options
    slappybag wrote: »

Namco.

Ceno wrote: »
    Amnesia: The Dark Descent is easily the scariest game I've ever played, and I ain't one to get scared from games (for the most part). I literally tense up thinking about A Machine for Pigs.

I watched like the first little bit of someone's LP of the original, and was just done.

Want to know the reason I even have Amnesia? Because in March of 2012 I received this:
    TeX3KrP.png

Now I have to play it though. Putting one gifted game on the back burner is bad enough, but a gifted game and a gifted sequel? That demands attention.

• Options

Saints Row 4? You want that patch now.

Nah, I was thinking of something else before I decided I didn't really care anyway; the SR4 patch is actually what I'm going online to get so my coop partner and I can start playing again. Principle applies to the original SR4 patch that broke things, though.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I should also clarify that I love Amnesia. In case that needed clarification.
    It may not have.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    I'm looking at my Steam feed and people are buying Alien: Colonial Marines. Why are you doing this when Natural Selection 2 is 75% off?!?

• Options
    iRevertiRevert Tactical Martha Stewart Registered User regular
    I have a secret. I haven't played Amnesia yet, because I am a super wuss when it comes to scary games. I just never admitted it in the thread or chat because I didn't want to lose any of my street cred.

@AnteCantelope saw my Alien-related frustration and sent me this to cheer me up:
    gt1URtq.png
    The ultimate irony is that it popped up while I was installing GFWL during the installation for Dark Souls, which caused Steam to crash and lock up my PC.

We need to get Rift support for Amnesia more than ever now.

• Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Drake wrote: »

Which forums? The Steam forums? If a game costs more than five bucks it's overpriced according to 99.9% of the Steam forums.

Yeah, especially early access titles. Every single one, even the more well developed ones (which Prison Architect probably is) are filled with bitching.

• Options
    I'm looking at my Steam feed and people are buying Alien: Colonial Marines. Why are you doing this when Natural Selection 2 is 75% off?!?

Let me offer this advice for people considering purchasing a Gearbox product: if it doesn't have "Borderlands" in the title, you must...acquit.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    @shdwcaster kicked off this holiday weekend by gifting me with Game Dev Tycoon! Quite appropriate, whether the holiday you're celebrating happens to be Labor Day or PAXmas.

Haven't forgotten my promise to share the happiness of being employed again. I have my eye on something, but it might need to wait just a little longer...

• Options
    JungleskyeJungleskye Registered User regular
    Don't Starve is sooo good yet so hard!

People should play this more!

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    @ante dropped an RPG bomb on me with Divine Divinity. I've heard good things! Many thanks!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    @ante dropped an RPG bomb on me with Divine Divinity. I've heard good things! Many thanks!

Oooh that's a gem. Oldie but goodie. Highly recommended. :)

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

Let me offer this advice for people considering purchasing a Gearbox product: if it doesn't have "Borderlands" in the title, you must...acquit.

*ahem*

Half-Life: Opposing Force.

• Options
    Drake wrote: »
    Receiver is in its own way a horror game, and very much all about survival. Collect the tapes, you'll see what I mean. It's not BOO Monsters scary. It's the kind of scary that's all holy shit what am I involved with?

The sheer terror when you have two rounds left and you have a Tazer Drone chasing you down is just as intense as anything I've ever played. Even when you become an expert operating the firearms in the game, you still won't feel like some unstoppable badass.

Having now played the game, I don't think my finding all tapes is going to be a problem anytime soon.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    *ahem*

Yeah, but I don't advise anyone to play Half-Life 1 or expansions for the first time these days.

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I liked receiver, but thought it would have been better if it were just a shooting range. You, a gun, some targets. The actual game part I found to be pretty boring, and getting shot at, finding bullets, and so on merely distracted from the shooting and reloading I wanted to do.

Thanks @Cardboard Delusions for No Time To Explain! And sorry I was slow to accept it, I've been playing the US version of Saints Row 4 which means staying offline.

• Options
    Last call on these things that are things that some people somewhere might want, or something.

signature.png
    ^ Komplete Fatalities!

signature.png
    ^ Orcs. Men. Stuff.

signature.png
    ^ ROCK ON!

signature.png
    ^ ... and then cry a bit. For the 5 people left who don't have it. Not counting the rest of you who just have no soul.

signature.png
    ^ Cute, charming, sassy, and smart. And fun!

signature.png
    ^ Eador. It sounds like something Tolkien would come up with.

signature.png
    ^ Men in tights!

signature.png
    ^ Point-n-click. Not bad if you like those. Not going to make you a believer if you don't.

signature.png
    Drake sez: "Think Diablo with 4X style diplomacy and trade."

signature.png
    ^ It has cards.

signature.png
    ^ I... have no idea but it looks pretty interesting.

signature.png
    ^ An ARPG. Not the worst, not the best.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    *ahem*

Yeah, but I don't advise anyone to play Half-Life 1 or expansions for the first time these days.

Heresy.

The goldsrc trilogy is still a lot of fun, even if HL's occasional forced platforming sections are a pain in the ass.

Which reminds me, I need to try Black Mesa one of these days.

• Options
    CorsiniCorsini Registered User regular
    Can I get an invite to the PA G&T Adventure Team? I promise I'm not russian.

steam_sig.png
    Steam Badger A greasemonkey script for better gifting and peering
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    slappybag wrote: »

It seems a little odd that they're separate items and not just one pack, but you get all of them if you pre-order.

Why does that game have to be so far away? I just want to eat a million ghosts!

• Options
    Also, it's @cardboard delusions's birthday now. So errybody should gift him shit.

He needs all the things. All of them.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CorpekataCorpekata Registered User regular
    Speaking of birthdays, these end in a couple days:
    Corpekata wrote: »
    My birthday is on the 1st and so I prsent to you your presents in celebreation of Corpekata day:

Happy Corpekata Day! No spies or weirdos.
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

I also have Steam keys for Tidalis, McPixel, and most of the Humble Origin Bundle beyond Medal of Honor, BF3, Red Alert as well as a bunch of Origin keys. PM me for those, though if no interest I'll probably paste to the thread later in the week.

When I get off work I'll probably add a few more I had left up my sleeve.

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2013
    I haven't posted this enough the last few days! might overdo it as it approaches ending, apologies to anyone who sees it multiple times :D

signature.png

talked to a buddy in person about Papers, Please and while I had warmed up to it after a closer look due to this thread, he really sold me on it with a story of a woman whose child needed medical care but whose passport was 2 days expired. also that you need to work fast for rent and such. must play!

edit - ahem hopefully no one saw that :P

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    I haven't posted this enough the last few days! might overdo it as it approaches ending, apologies to anyone who sees it multiple times :D

signature.png

talked to a buddy in person about Papers, Please and while I had warmed up to it after a closer look due to this thread, he really sold me on it with a story of a woman whose child needed medical care but whose passport was 2 days expired. also that you need to work fast for rent and such. must play!

edit - ahem hopefully no one saw that :P

She's totes a terrorist. You've doomed Arztotzka

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    Congrats to @RoyceX7 for winning my Greed: Black Border giveaway.

Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
This discussion has been closed.