• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    Kagera wrote: »
    You know what's worse than anxiety?

Forced child marriages.

You know what's worse than forced child marriages?

The fact that we live in a repressive society where a man cannot purchase a pillow with the cartoon image of a sexualized underage girl, even though she is in fact an 800 year old kawaii demon.

Well, you can in murica (I think?), just not in the UK

I'm not a fan of the legislation in question, mostly because it is a hamfisted attempt at solving a complex problem

having said that this appears to be an instance of it actually solving the problem it was intended to

so

I don't know if it solves anything it depends on a lot of factors.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    BamaBama Registered User regular
    redx wrote: »
    you have a mini panic attack every time the phone rings and it is strange number. Like actually hard to answer the thing.
    This right here. I've had to grab furniture off Craigslist for our new apartment and some people prefer phone contact over e-mail/text. It's pretty stressful

• Options
    DeebaserDeebaser on my way to work in a suit and a tie Ahhhh...come on fucking guyRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »
    TehSloth wrote: »
    Deebaser wrote: »
    You know what's worse than anxiety?

Forced child marriages.

You know what's worse than forced child marriages?

The fact that we live in a repressive society where a man cannot purchase a pillow with the cartoon image of a sexualized underage girl, even though she is in fact an 800 year old kawaii demon.

Well, you can in murica (I think?), just not in the UK

I'm not a fan of the legislation in question, mostly because it is a hamfisted attempt at solving a complex problem

having said that this appears to be an instance of it actually solving the problem it was intended to

so

My Grand dad didn't personally fist fight Hitler so that you lot can just surrender your freedom like this!

• Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    syndalis wrote: »
    Apple's stock prices are kind of a victim of their own success. nothing they can do at this point will be enough. the new iPhone could give you free blowjobs and people would complain they aren't sloppy enough

Apple stock prices seem to always fall immediately following a product announcement.

Were I a person with lots of liquidity right now, I would buy the shit out of the stock, because come September 20th, it is going to recover all of the losses and post a modest gain. This shit happens every time, and I think lots of people get richer off of the Announcement->Release stock fluctuations.

The new iPhone is the best one they have made yet from a power / performance / feature level, and it is going to be purchased in droves from the 4s and 4 users who have been waiting on an upgrade.

They also just got certification in China to launch on the carriers there, including the largest one in the entire country.

It will be impossible for the iPhone 5s to sell less than prior phones. If anything, sales will probably double this generation, just on the back of China.

Yeah, but a boring, bestselling product that doesn't get much buzz at all is not the one you make while your company is on the rise. It's your Windows XP, your Guitar Hero 3. It's where you cash in on all the work from the previous years. But going forward, people are going to be looking for something that excites them.

I really don't want them to fuck with the iPhone or the iPad at this point.

The fingerprint thing is welcome if it works as well as it seems to, and eventual RFID in the iPhone for purchases would be swell.

Otherwise... the resolution is more than enough for the phone, the size is pretty much perfect (people who need phablets have another OS they can use), and its become a basic utility in my everyday life that I don't want massively revolutionized any more.

Same with the iPad. Add the Fingerprint thing, increase power, RAM and battery life, and coast with it for years and years.

Apple needs to find a new market to do their revolutionary stuff in, because I see their iPads and iPhones like I view their laptops. How drastic and revolutionary (aside from going retina) have their laptop upgrades been over the past 6 years? And they still pretty much completely own the high end laptop market.

You say this now but you'll be the first one in line to buy the iPhone 7 with genital suction technology

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    Apple's stock prices are kind of a victim of their own success. nothing they can do at this point will be enough. the new iPhone could give you free blowjobs and people would complain they aren't sloppy enough

Apple stock prices seem to always fall immediately following a product announcement.

Were I a person with lots of liquidity right now, I would buy the shit out of the stock, because come September 20th, it is going to recover all of the losses and post a modest gain. This shit happens every time, and I think lots of people get richer off of the Announcement->Release stock fluctuations.

The new iPhone is the best one they have made yet from a power / performance / feature level, and it is going to be purchased in droves from the 4s and 4 users who have been waiting on an upgrade.

They also just got certification in China to launch on the carriers there, including the largest one in the entire country.

It will be impossible for the iPhone 5s to sell less than prior phones. If anything, sales will probably double this generation, just on the back of China.

Yeah, but a boring, bestselling product that doesn't get much buzz at all is not the one you make while your company is on the rise. It's your Windows XP, your Guitar Hero 3. It's where you cash in on all the work from the previous years. But going forward, people are going to be looking for something that excites them.

The fingerprint thing is welcome if it works as well as it seems to, and eventual RFID in the iPhone for purchases would be swell.

Otherwise... the resolution is more than enough for the phone, the size is pretty much perfect (people who need phablets have another OS they can use), and its become a basic utility in my everyday life that I don't want massively revolutionized any more.

Same with the iPad. Add the Fingerprint thing, increase power, RAM and battery life, and coast with it for years and years.

Apple needs to find a new market to do their revolutionary stuff in, because I see their iPads and iPhones like I view their laptops. How drastic and revolutionary (aside from going retina) have their laptop upgrades been over the past 6 years? And they still pretty much completely own the high end laptop market.

with u i agree 100%

i do not need innovations in my phone i like how it work, i not lacking

i just want incremental betterness

they need new space to make new better thing

poo
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular

They went all SSD, dropped optical drives, introduced high PPI screens, basically invented the ultrabook, and started a trend of huge, buttonless, glass, capacitive touchpads. The laptop market is way more mature than the smartphone market too.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    But what happens when apple needs to innovate not just renovate? Where's the next i tech boom going to come from? Checkmate geniuses.

I'm hardly a resident Apple fanboy but if you think the iOS market is stagnating look at Android and Windows Mobile. Android can't seem to do anything but make screens bigger. Big updates to the OS are few and far between and almost nobody gets them for a full generation after their release. And Windows Mobile is a nice system that got released about 3 years after the mobile wars were already over and can't seem to move an inch.

I used to be a pretty big google fanboy but seriously they've stagnated like hell and don't seem to be moving on much of anything these days.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    i ran out of ketchup for my chips

kil me pls

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Ill be happy with my ipad when you can jailbreak ios 7

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Gosling wrote: »
    UPDATE ON MICROSOFT HOLDING MY WORD AND EXCEL FILES FOR RANSOM FOR $140:

My mom just had it happen to her on her computer as well.

This some sort of malware ransom scam?

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    The best thing about Apple's announcement is that they didn't talk about smartwatches at all. I swear to god Apple has hijacked their own rumor machine and is using it for evil. I love it.

• Options

kil me pls

I have an extra thing of ketchup in my cubicle drawer

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Kalkino wrote: »

No, it's Microsoft being giant throbbing dicks. I am confident that it is not malware.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    I don't see smart watches going anywhere beyond what like the Pebble does already. nobody needs a watch that runs actual apps when they have a phone in their pocket.

• Options

So windows Update?

• Options

kil me pls

I'll kill you for ruining fries with that poison sauce.

• Options
    EvigilantEvigilant VARegistered User regular

How long have you been using that office? Did you have a trial version of office before installing the full version? Has it been 3+ months? If so, check to see if a trial version is still installed and uninstall it.

XBL\PSN\Steam\Origin: Evigilant
  • Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    But what happens when apple needs to innovate not just renovate? Where's the next i tech boom going to come from? Checkmate geniuses.

I'm hardly a resident Apple fanboy but if you think the iOS market is stagnating look at Android and Windows Mobile. Android can't seem to do anything but make screens bigger. Big updates to the OS are few and far between and almost nobody gets them for a full generation after their release. And Windows Mobile is a nice system that got released about 3 years after the mobile wars were already over and can't seem to move an inch.

I used to be a pretty big google fanboy but seriously they've stagnated like hell and don't seem to be moving on much of anything these days.

they're apparently doing a bunch of stuff behind the scenes. there was an article a few days ago talking about how they're going to run a shim - google play services - and basically bypass the carrier and oem.

found it

• Options
    KalkinoKalkino Buttons Londres Registered User regular
    Saw a girl on the train talking on her iPhone, a plug in old school rotary curved mic/earpiece combo. Looked more comfortable than using phone as intended

Freedom for the Northern Isles!
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

They went all SSD, dropped optical drives, introduced high PPI screens, basically invented the ultrabook, and started a trend of huge, buttonless, glass, capacitive touchpads. The laptop market is way more mature than the smartphone market too.

Dropping optical drives I will give you, which opened the door for the ultrabook. And I mentioned retina.

The multitouch trackpad happened 5 years ago I think when they announced the first unibody laptop. Everything else is just a continued iteration and refinement of the design language they came up with in 2008.

If you put a 2008 unibody 15" macbook pro beside a 2013 15" retina macbook pro, people would notice the new one is slimmer, and the screen looks nicer... but otherwise it is very much an obvious near-neighbor of the same product line.

And nobody complains about that like they do when the iPhone 5s looks a lot like the 5 which looks a lot like the 4.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    someday google will be the only ISP and all the sudden all ios devices will switch over to android all hail google

• Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    Evigilant wrote: »

How long have you been using that office? Did you have a trial version of office before installing the full version? Has it been 3+ months? If so, check to see if a trial version is still installed and uninstall it.

This is the version of Office that came with the computer.

I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    RUMOR: Apple working on breakthrough electrostim teledildonics technology.

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    So as an example of the kind of shit that makes me go, "WOO AWESOME" and enjoy life:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLofIoqHRck

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular

kil me pls

Those are fries you monster.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

kil me pls

I'll kill you for ruining fries with that poison sauce.

shut up pooface i will kil u

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options

Was the version of the office that came with your computer a trial version?

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular

Does Microsoft Office suddenly come with an annual license thing? Because that is some shady bullshit.

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Some spam account posted this lengthy thing in one of my favorite recording artist's FB groups today about how he offers personal loans up to 100.000 EUR and to email him and blah blah

First comment: Seems legit.
    My comment: Mr. Jacque, thank you for your kind offer. I look forward to doing business with you. But first, I am a Nigerian prince, and...

• Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    Saw a girl on the train talking on her iPhone, a plug in old school rotary curved mic/earpiece combo. Looked more comfortable than using phone as intended

cradling a curved phone inbetween your head and shoulder while talking to a friend was the bomb

• Options
    Element BrianElement Brian Peanut Butter Shill Registered User regular
    original.png

Switch FC code:SW-2130-4285-0059

Arch,
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_goGR39m2k
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular

sounds like the trial edition of office.

computers usually don't just come with full office.

Buy an office 365 license, or import your current office docs into Google Docs or iCloud's free apps.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    they had "fries" today which normally wouldn't tempt me but they were shoestring curly fries like you get at the fairground and they looked soooo goooooooood

I had a salad

fuck u health

• Options
    TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    So as an example of the kind of shit that makes me go, "WOO AWESOME" and enjoy life:

http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v=h LofIoqHRck

not sure why they spend so long on a given system, but that is pretty cool

• Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Went to trivia at the pizza place last night. A bunch of the questions were super obscure (names of Maroon 5 tunes, stuff about obscure islands, old sports) but one questions was "In what video game do you fight lost souls, imps, and cyber demons?"

:D

Motherfucking Doom, that's what!

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular

Check your purchase records for the computer and make sure it didn't come with a "Starter" or trial version of Microsoft Office.

Because I'm becoming increasingly certain that what's happened here is you bought a computer that had a Office trial, didn't realize you weren't actually buying office, and you've been using a trial all this time.

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    edited September 2013

What Syndalis said. Microsoft Office that comes preinstalled on computers are usually the full versions of Office that are trial versions for you to try, and then offer you to purchase a license if you want to continue using it. Usually at around the 3 month mark.

It goes by the name Microsoft Office Home & Student. These are full versions of Office (use of all the apps except outlook), but they are trials.

Evigilant on
  • Options

Does Microsoft Office suddenly come with an annual license thing? Because that is some shady bullshit.

No, no, the ANNUAL license is $100. I don't want to have to do this shit once a goddamn year.

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I don't see smart watches going anywhere beyond what like the Pebble does already. nobody needs a watch that runs actual apps when they have a phone in their pocket.

A nice toy for geeks but that's all.

• Options
    Tamin wrote: »

http://www.yout ube.com/watch?v=h LofIoqHRck

not sure why they spend so long on a given system, but that is pretty cool

Because the song is actually pretty lengthy. It loops once one the main part, then dives into like a 30 second breakdown that rules.

But yeah I just love hearing music composition for a video game and how it differs across platforms. That shit is like non-existent on modern platforms.

This discussion has been closed.