Options

[Steam] thread gifting, like drunk Twister, doesn't really have a firm set of rules.

• Options
    BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    I played LaCabra's original Mod he developed for HL2. Shotgun Sunrise. I'm pretty sure we should play it coop next time we want to raise moneys for kids. IF we ever do that again.
    We'll do that again.

He is good peoples. I also love the background of the games and finance.

Broncbuster on
    steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Transistor 100%.

In all honesty, I'm still a couple levels short of having hit what I'd consider 100% (having all useful levels) - though I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to continue recurring until you got 6 of each ability (at which point you can't possibly slot any more).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Transistor 100%.

In all honesty, I'm still a couple levels short of having hit what I'd consider 100% (having all useful levels) - though I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to continue recurring until you got 6 of each ability (at which point you can't possibly slot any more).

Its people like you that write wikia's, isn't it?

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Transistor 100%.

Its people like you that write wikia's, isn't it?

Not quite like me. I tend to only act as a walking encyclopedia - I'm too lazy to actually write into a wiki.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Finally set some time aside to finish Bastion. Such a wonderful game. If I had known I was already so close to finishing it I would have beaten it sooner. I think what was putting me off was being stuck on a level, but when I fired it up again I apparently had already beaten that level. Weird. Anyway I can't recommend this game enough. Dat narrator!

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    xiearsxiears It isn't sexual Strictly confectionalRegistered User regular
    xiears wrote: »
    You shoot another round in the mutant, finally finishing it off. You've spent the past 15 minutes running through the plankton farms, when you notice a crate in the distance. You look at the last 5 shotgun shells and clip of pistol rounds and decide you need the ammo. As you get closer the detector you've fashioned out of spare generator parts flashes erratically. Sure enough, you notice some shadows moving in the pipe to your left. "Damn it" you mutter, but decide it's worth pressing on. As you get closer, at least 13 humanoid figures spill out of the pipe. You ready your shotgun, but these don't look like the zombies you've seen before. They don't charge towards you as normal. They immediately start moving towards the crate. You decided you're going to get there first, that whatever is in there must be worth it. You lower your gun and start running...

signature.png

(Bad Teleglitch fiction repost GO! Just a few hours left, get on it!)

Congratulations @bobwoco‌! Gift sent!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    So LaCabra posted a link over in the Game Dev thread but I don't think we've talked about it in here. He's got a really meaty blog post up about sales figures for InFlux: http://impromptugames.com/

Fascinating stuff. I'm always grateful when devs pull back the curtain and share sales figures.

I was playing it tonight - beautiful game - because I saw that it has Steam cards. Is that new? It's not even listed on the store page. Very few of my Steam friends have the cards. I hope he'll follow up on this post down the line and share any impact Steam cards have had on revenue and or actual game sales.

Also this:

signature.png

Cards were added yesterday, I believe.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »
    Space Pirates and Zombies - won by @Jazz‌

Congrats everyone! :smile:

Check your PMs.
    Are you calling me a SPAZ? Oh, no, you're giving me a SPAZ.

Thankies! <3

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    That was quick. Getting page errors for Skyrim

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Is it a Steam key, @SteevL?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

Looks like it from the page.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I believe that Skyrim is steamworks, so it would have to be.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited May 2014

According to their specifications section on that page: "Connectivity: Internet access for Steam activation"

So I'd say yes.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    I can 100% confirm that the above deal is a Steam key. In fact, I was expecting that I'd have to download Gamestop's stupid little download managing program to obtain the key, but looks like they've done away with that and they just give you the key after purchasing it now.

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited May 2014
    Bad Rats crashed let's see if I can leave it crashed and get the cards still.

Edit-

Yes, a crashed game still drops cards as long as it's not closed.

SkutSkut on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    Bad Rats crashed let's see if I can leave it crashed and get the cards still.

Edit-

Yes, a crashed game still drops cards as long as it's not closed.

How appropriate.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    bobwocobobwoco Registered User regular
    Thanks to @xiears for Teleglitch!

Speaking of giveaways, though, I have a couple extras to hand out: if anyone wants a copy of Thomas Was Alone or Hotline Miami, just shoot me a PM.

Steam ID: wocobob
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Reposting in the morning! If there's no more votes by end of day I'll probably call it early.
    Madican wrote: »
    The Steam Birthday Creature Feature contest is over! I now present six entries vying for the prize. Voting will last for a week from tomorrow, so ending 11:59 PST (PDT) on the 28th. I'll be using a standard Internet poll thing, since I am hoping no one here will attempt to cheat the results.

Please do not state which one is yours, the anonymity is intended to help ensure fair voting. Ready? Here we go! Just as a note, I'm counting the first one as a single entry since it's the same character.

1 - The Real Solaire - http://imgur.com/a/Qgwy6#0
    2 - The Bad Tooth Fairy - http://imgur.com/Lsy1kHV
    3 - The Bilious Squamonator ("Billy") - http://imgur.com/2lDaSVR
    4 - Vampire - http://imgur.com/0W42UKR
    5 - Bad Dancer - http://imgur.com/27zZNn7
    6 - Deformed - http://imgur.com/oAtlvZn

LET THE NIGHTMARES COMMENCE!

EDIT: Would help if I linked the poll wouldn't it?

http://poll.pollcode.com/52924126

• Options
    Today's Humble Bundle interests me the least of all the Humble Daily Bundles so far because it's nothing but EVE Online stuff. I did end up picking up the bundle from a few days ago with the Soulcaster games, Escape Goat 2, and Ironclad Tactics, though.

And it just so happens that I already had Escape Goat 2, which means someone else from this thread gets my extra copy!
    signature.png

• Options
    KisidanKisidan Registered User regular
    Man, Distant Worlds looks so awesome.

I'm really tempted by it, since I have more hours at work coming up which I could theoretically use to buy it... the only thing holding me back is that if I did, those very same extra hours would stop me being able to dig deep into it for a while!

That and I've bought so many dang fantasy 4x games recently. Do I need another space one, really?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Wife got an ultrasound yesterday for our 3rd child. Turns out it was also an ultrasound for our 4th child.

signature.png

4 copies up for grabs.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    Wife got an ultrasound yesterday for our 3rd child. Turns out it was also an ultrasound for our 4th child.

signature.png

4 copies up for grabs.

I think I speak for everyone when I say...wow.

• Options

signature.png

4 copies up for grabs.

Now the only question is - will they be able to play the classic switch places prank?

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    From what we've been told, most likely not. My best guess is there is only a 1/9 chance they will be identical.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Man, they made a mistake making Paper Sorcerer the cheapest game in that Humble Bundle. It's the only one I actually want, and Grimrock is so old and has been so cheap

Paper Sorcerer was in a humble bundle and i missed it? NOOOOOOO

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Man, they made a mistake making Paper Sorcerer the cheapest game in that Humble Bundle. It's the only one I actually want, and Grimrock is so old and has been so cheap

Paper Sorcerer was in a humble bundle and i missed it? NOOOOOOO

For $1. Yeah, you missed out big time.

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    Watchdogs can be had for £25 off cdkeysdiscount.com. uplay code and not steam but St that price, might be worth the risk of it not running well for you?

I just bought £50 worth psn points to buy it on psn but apparently it's £60 on there. Kinda annoyed now and unsure what to do. Already out of pocket 50.

• Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    I have 3 days off steam thread.

my first consecutive days off since i started my new job

I AM SO PUMPED

but idk what to do now.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

I AM SO PUMPED

but idk what to do now.

Buy games for the backlog.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular

I AM SO PUMPED

but idk what to do now.

Blade Kitten's 50% off right now after the re-launch.

It's actually pretty damn good. Also the soundtrack is nice too.

• Options

I AM SO PUMPED

but idk what to do now.

Blade Kitten's 50% off right now after the re-launch.

It's actually pretty damn good. Also the soundtrack is nice too.

i think with that title. it's going to be a pretty darn hard sell.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Oh it has a demo. Alright.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I didn't find Blade Kitten very appealing. Next to no story to speak of and the combat felt a tad too floaty for my tastes.

• Options
    edited May 2014
    Finally got things relatively installed on windows 7, didn't save any old game installations and accidentally deleted my backups, so clean slate to start from the rear of my backlog and move forward. So lets see....2009, Last Remnent, GTA:IV, Resident Evil 5, lucas arts pack, titan quest, Indie Games Small Bundle.....fuck.

edit: Does GTA 4 still require all those rockstar programs?

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    Albino BunnyAlbino Bunny Jackie Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I didn't find Blade Kitten very appealing. Next to no story to speak of and the combat felt a tad too floaty for my tastes.

The combat's my main complaint so far in that alot of stuff feels unresponsive.

I like the level design and platforming though. Plus the whole cheesy sci-fi look along with the decent voice acting is enjoyable.

• Options
    Welp. Not for me.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Anything else under 5? I do enjoy grueling difficulty levels. Only problem is I don't have a controller at the moment.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Welp. Not for me.

Thanks for the suggestion though. Anything else under 5? I do enjoy grueling difficulty levels. Only problem is I don't have a controller at the moment.

No controller sucks. Dark Souls is at $6.75 or so on the weekend deal.

• Options
    Would anyone happen to know of a good indie game on Steam that's similar to Iji?

• Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    Welp. Not for me.

Dust is okay and it's the daily. La-Mulana if you have that, otherwise that's $15 when not on sale.

This discussion has been closed.