Options

[Steam] Thread: Your monstrous control scheme preference is welcome here.

• Options
    Kristmas KthulhuKristmas Kthulhu Currently Kultist Kthulhu Registered User regular
    an_alt wrote: »
    Anachronox key if anyone who wants it hasn't grabbed one yet:

Loading...?

Yoink! Thanks @an_alt‌! I've heard great things about Anachronox, I can't wait to try it out!

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    @Ed Gruberman

Ed, I was checking my wishlist and i realized i spoke in error. Its not HOMM thats about to come out with an expansion, its kings bounty.

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    heenato wrote: »
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    Plague Inc. Evolved apparently feels that having "Simian Flu" from Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (which, if it had another word in the title, would probably also have another "of the" in there as well) is a selling point.

If it's a licensed deal with Fox and gave them more money to get out of Early Access faster, bully for them, but it seems a bit . . . odd. Like, I know the game has a zombie plague in it or something, but that seems a bit more general, while this just seems kind of pointed and cheap.

I think at this point the only thing they're missing is the "Annelid Infection" from System Shock 2 or "that one infection where people get cyborg'd up and turn into death machines" from many a schlocky B-film/STNG.

That's not to say I don't want the game once it crawls out of Early Access, because killing folks with odd diseases sounds like fun. But I'd rather wait until "the game progresses further in development".
    From what I can tell, the funding they got FOR this promotion was enough to really let them get to the programming table. Apparently the simian flu has quite a few new gameplay features, so I don't think they're just pushing the game out, the game really DID progress further in development.

I should also make it clear that I don't mind the simian flu thing; it just feels a bit like when NASCAR drivers are plastered with the logos for the people with the money. But if it afforded them the chance to mix it up and add more new features, I'm fine with them "selling out". Hell, if that were the effect of "selling out" (i.e. we pay you money and then trust you to do what we payed you money for), I think more folks would do it. But I am inherently distrustful of 20th Century Fox, or any big name company for that matter as a matter of course so of course I am looking askance at this deal.

But only kind of, because I really want that game to get the kind of development I think it deserves.
    And also the kind of game that gives the CDC wet dreams, or nightmares, depending on who you talk to at the CDC.

Kalnaur on
    I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    I also have Thief Gold available. It isn't on the steamgifts list so send me a PM if you want that one.

signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png
    signature.png

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    Indie Gala links:

Pressured
    Loading...?

I hope these work right. Following @Pixelated Pixie 's instructions to the letter. I think.

• Options
    Konung 2
    Loading...?

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Thief Gold key for anybody who wants it
    Loading...?

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    That's what I did. Pixie put me right:
    [ codes ]
    KEY123ABC
    [ /codes ]

not to be confused with "code"!

Without the extra spaces, of course. Also only do one per post.

Jazz on
  • Options
    Ed GrubermanEd Gruberman Registered User regular
    azith28 wrote: »
    @Ed Gruberman

Ed, I was checking my wishlist and i realized i spoke in error. Its not HOMM thats about to come out with an expansion, its kings bounty.
    No sweat. I've been waiting for it to come up on sale and, to be honest, I keep buying complete editions of things and then never even getting around to playing them let alone touching the DLC ( :\ I'm looking at you, Skyrim Legendary Edition)

steam_sig.png

SteamID: edgruberman GOG Galaxy: EdGruberman
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    [ codes ]
    KEY123ABC
    [ /codes ]

Fixed. Thank you!

• Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    [ codes ]
    KEY123ABC
    [ /codes ]

Yeah, the one per post is what got me when I tried making a bunch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Waaaaaaaaait a sec... looking at the splash image for ESO, is THAT what that fantasy warriors part of the Perfect Day PS4 commercial was about? I figured it was just generic vidja game stuff. Huh.

• Options
    SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Looks like Valve updated the Steam controller prototype once again, this time it includes an analog stick.

fNBmZ8G.jpg

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    They were crazy to not include an analog stick in the first place. It might have taken the millionth person to tell them that, but at least they finally listened. Now you have a choice for the left control, and can use which ever method suits the game you're playing.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    GTR Evolution is the next free game from PC Gamer/bundlestars.

Gotta jump through the Facebook hoop, but Simbin games are worth it.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    So one poorly chosen duel and a round of court politics and I've lost my girlfriend in M&B:W:Floris and her brother, who was going to be my BFF and follow me into leading my new state, he got exiled out of the continent.

Been playing Jedi Outcast and stealth segments are enjoyable to fail if they have a cut-scene like this at the end.

• Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Sims 2 for free is pretty awesome. I think I owned most of them anyways, but having them all in one download is great and I'm thinking they may even run on my Netbook which would be even better.

• Options

You get three things, it turns out. GTR Evolution, which is an expansion for Race 07, and RaceRoom Racing Experience gets added to your account too although it's already F2P, so I presume they're just trying to push more players in its direction. It does look pretty cool, though, and has a DTM 2013 expansion (NOT included, just to be clear) that's effectively a full game on its own.

Also for you racers out there, take note that the Need for Speed series (Hot Pursuit, Shift, Shift 2 and Undercover) is 75% off as the daily. Which means, apparently, so is Burnout Paradise. Some good racing to be had there. Hot Pursuit is the jewel in the crown, IMO.

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular

You get three things, it turns out. GTR Evolution, which is an expansion for Race 07, and RaceRoom Racing Experience gets added to your account too although it's already F2P, so I presume they're just trying to push more players in its direction. It does look pretty cool, though, and has a DTM 2013 expansion (NOT included, just to be clear) that's effectively a full game on its own.

Also for you racers out there, take note that the Need for Speed series (Hot Pursuit, Shift, Shift 2 and Undercover) is 75% off as the daily. Which means, apparently, so is Burnout Paradise. Some good racing to be had there. Hot Pursuit is the jewel in the crown, IMO.

Do i need to install both Race 07 and GTR Evolution, or i can just install one of them?

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Do i need to install both Race 07 and GTR Evolution, or i can just install one of them?

GTR Evolution is an expansion for Race 07, so you'll have to install them both.

Race 07 is rad though, so even if you don't want to go through a racing season you'll still have more cars and tracks for multi or just doing hotlaps.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    Svevin wrote: »
    Drovek wrote: »
    @Svevin gimme a crash course on Assetto Corsa.

Are a lot of people playing multiplayer at any given time?

Racing games are more niche than you might expect, but this being the latest and greatest racing game, there are quite a few playing at any given time. You will see a lot during 6-11pm in countries where racing is more popular, such as European countries and Australia.

If I don't already have you added on steam, add me and we can do some laps. The new Lotus 98T is a beast! :smiley:

Do you have a wheel?

I hadn't tried the 98T until today, and holy shit yeah!

You don't go into turns, you throw that thing into them and it sticks. Just had a fun drive around Silverstone (not without going off a few times :P ) and it's already my favorite car in AC.

Message me on steam if you see me playing and we can do some laps. :smile:

Ditto for me, I'd love to give multiplayer on Assetto Corsa a whirl. I think my favourite car chops and changes a lot, but they're always of the race-breed variety and not road cars. Also because race cars have the best sound. Have you tried the early F1 cars around Imola? Hooooly crap, turn up that volume and let the sound wash over you!

edit:

RaceRoom Racing Experience has some great hill climb tracks that really put your nerves on edge. The sound design in-game is pretty fantastic as well

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Sumanai dropped some hard knowledge on me about Steam Gifts. I don't know if this Watch Dogs copy is for uPlay or not, but it probably is because ubisooooooooooooooft. So to for-go either of us getting banned or suspended or whatever, I'm going to be canceling my give away via steam gifts, and doing my own via PMs.

If you would like to be entered into the Watch Dogs give away, PM me a message with some nice words about dogs. I'll use a dice roller or geth tomorrow after 8PM est.

Lassie call.

• Options
    AdditionalPylonsAdditionalPylons Registered User regular
    TeeMan wrote: »

Racing games are more niche than you might expect, but this being the latest and greatest racing game, there are quite a few playing at any given time. You will see a lot during 6-11pm in countries where racing is more popular, such as European countries and Australia.

If I don't already have you added on steam, add me and we can do some laps. The new Lotus 98T is a beast! :smiley:

Do you have a wheel?

You don't go into turns, you throw that thing into them and it sticks. Just had a fun drive around Silverstone (not without going off a few times :P ) and it's already my favorite car in AC.

Ditto for me, I'd love to give multiplayer on Assetto Corsa a whirl. I think my favourite car chops and changes a lot, but they're always of the race-breed variety and not road cars. Also because race cars have the best sound. Have you tried the early F1 cars around Imola? Hooooly crap, turn up that volume and let the sound wash over you!

edit:

RaceRoom Racing Experience has some great hill climb tracks that really put your nerves on edge. The sound design in-game is pretty fantastic as well

Most of the steam reviews say RaceRoom Racing Experience is not worth the time. Is it worth it to give it a shot?

• Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    Guys Firefall is fun.

Dakka dakka!

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    How doth one perform a geth roll?

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    How doth one perform a geth roll?

Geth roll 1d6

1d6 5 [1d6=5]

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    edited July 2014
    geth roll 1d20 for reasons

Edit: Natural 20!

reasons:
    1d20 20 [1d20=20]

Shimshai on
    Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    geth roll 100d100

100d100 5684 [100d100=53, 35, 30, 8, 59, 68, 89, 87, 15, 39, 93, 75, 74, 63, 24, 23, 5, 1, 65, 63, 25, 59, 32, 7, 57, 80, 37, 38, 41, 71, 56, 43, 18, 68, 76, 37, 27, 82, 81, 58, 92, 88, 22, 28, 26, 93, 37, 93, 75, 1, 47, 56, 33, 60, 58, 78, 41, 70, 23, 75, 73, 100, 96, 8, 95, 89, 96, 88, 80, 65, 25, 7, 94, 3, 84, 96, 91, 17, 73, 18, 87, 65, 99, 77, 75, 79, 71, 89, 87, 11, 85, 83, 97, 3, 45, 53, 96, 10, 91, 25]

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    geth roll 1d7 for watchdags

edit - Dice clatter ominously across the table...

Congratulations to @Jazz for Watch Dogs.

watchdags:
    1d7 6 [1d7=6]

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    There's a time and a place for the imperial march, and by God did they know it.
    eth, roll 1000d2 for midiclorians

edit:Too many dice, meatbag. Roll less dice or suffer

eth, roll 750d2 for midiclorians

eth, roll 500d2 for midiclorians
    eth, roll 101d2 for midiclorians
    geth, roll 100d2 for midiclorians

midiclorians:
    100d2 154 [100d2=2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 2, 1, 2, 2, 1]

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So I can't have geth roll 9999d9999?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    There's a time and a place for the imperial march, and by God did they know it.
    eth, roll 1000d2 for midiclorians

edit:Too many dice, meatbag. Roll less dice or suffer

When did Geth fuse with HK-47?

This doesn't bode well for us...

LostNinja on
  • Options
    JragghenJragghen Registered User regular
    So Hexcells is a pleasant, if quite easy, puzzle game - pretty much exactly what it looks like. Hexoganal Minesweeper (although they add a few more mechanics).

Hexcells Plus, on the other hand, is basically hard mode.

Like, I'll be honest: they should be one game, but MAN some of these levels in Hexcells Plus are a satisfying challenge.

Suggest looking into the latter if you like logic puzzles.

• Options
    TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited July 2014
    TeeMan wrote: »

Do you have a wheel?

edit:

Most of the steam reviews say RaceRoom Racing Experience is not worth the time. Is it worth it to give it a shot?

The last time I played it the amount of free content you got in the game was pretty barebones. I think you got a fictional track (with a few variants), a fictional hill climb (with 2 variants) and a couple of real life race tracks. Same goes for the cars - you're not getting much for free. Additional tracks and cars can be a few bucks (they sometimes do sales of packages coinciding with contests), and I bought the cars that I wanted for the tracks I wanted to race.

I think AI racers are in now, but I mostly played this game for leaderboard chasing and entering competitions.

TBH I haven't touched RRRE except for the free hill climb and another hill climb track I purchased, since I got AC. Scrambling around tiny villages, tight tunnels and blind crests in a screaming BMW V8 is something I haven't played in other racing games before and it's as fun as it sounds.

I think anyone interested in sim racing is best served having a range of games available to them. GT Legends is amazing for touring cars from the 60's to 80's. Race 07 and it's expansions cover modern touring cars and open-wheelers. RRRE does hill climbs and really nails timeattack (the ghost your racing against is of someone elses time that is quicker than your fastest). AC is visually and aurally stunning with an great handling model. Just like music, you need the right game to suit what kind of mood you're in as there isn't a one-size-fits-all (unless Project CARS can pull a rabbit out of a hat)

edit: Forgot to mention Grand Prix Legends! BRB flagellating self

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    BeryllineBerylline One Tiara to rule them all Registered User regular
  • Options
    FawstFawst The road to awe.Registered User regular
    Velocity Ultra is so, so good. I have it on my Vita and it's one of my favorite games I own on it.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Minion, roll 1d100 to demonstrate true power

1d100 9 [1d100=9]

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    Velocity Ultra is so, so good. I have it on my Vita and it's one of my favorite games I own on it.

I only played a bit of it but I remember really enjoying the mechanics. I need to put that in my current category that I use for general games I can pick up and put away.

• Options
    DyasAlureDyasAlure SeattleRegistered User regular
    So, I see lots of x-com things popping in up here. Where they in a humble bundle? Well I have no idea why I would make myself a target, but in the interest of finding something a home, I hear there ok. I have only one x-com thing.

I can't promise I would play them in this lifetime though. You know, I serve the newell.

My%20Steam.png?psid=1My%20Twitch%20-%20Mass%20Effect.png?psid=1=1My%20Youtube.png?psid=1
  • Options
    TreadLifeTreadLife CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Noticed a lot of new hardware being shown off in the thread, which is really nothing new. Circumstances have given me reason to do the same. Well, sort of, technically this is a video of somebody else who has the exact same model as my laptop. Said laptop decided to play dead yesterday morning, and some research showed me that this was inevitable. Apparently my methods of keeping my gear clean and cooled just postponed it a lot. There was even a recall I missed related to an Nvidia defect, which of course I missed the window on. Anyway, here's what the same thing I did to my laptop to bring it back to life:
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=RHxLC1vi0Xw&feature=youtu.be&t=4m51s

Now I can get back to work, and hopefully soon, gaming. I gotta get myself a better gaming rig. Case in point, look what classiness befell me when I was living low tech today:

gf3nrmjzir2e.jpg

@Talus9952 makes a good point, I really need to keep better track of the bigger things in life. Thanks for that sweet reminder!

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.