Options

Discuss National Infrastructure And Also Kirby In The [Nintendo] Thread

• Options
    UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Nah it can't be

Everything I listen to owns

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    Which do you like more: the music of DJ Hero or the music of Guitar Hero?

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Rehab wrote: »
    I found it

I found the worst vow opinion

I know that I've seen worse but, I can't think of what it was at the moment.

It was possibly music related? I don't know. There are so many!

I still think the Mr. Rogers post was the worst.

Vow talked smack on Mr. Rogers.

• Options
    RehabRehab Registered User regular
    There goes the neighborhood!

NNID: Rehab0
  • Options
    I just thought he seemed creepy!

I've got nothing against the guy nor did I talk any smack on him

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    actually what's worse than someone saying they don't like mr rogers is the very hostile reaction to such an opinion, which I do not think mr rogers would approve of

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    Hey public infrastructure thread

We just got a huge new infrastructure budget approved to pay for new roads and stuff!

What should we complain about and magically fix next

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    Also banjo one is the pinnacle of 64 platformers

But 2 is really close and would be without the shooting sections

Dk64 is

Its fine. Its ok. But yeah its way too bloated

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    DaebunzDaebunz Registered User regular
    i think dk64 is kind of garbotrash buuut eh

a friend of mine wanted to replay it with me out of nostalgia so i let him find out how grueling it actually is on his own

we almost fell asleep by the time we were ready to move on from the first visit to world 1

7yh4xczljsym.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular

We just got a huge new infrastructure budget approved to pay for new roads and stuff!

Obviously the implementation of the new infrastructure budget

2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    Whippy wrote: »
    Banjo-Kazooie is probably my second favorite n64 game and it took a long time for me to admit it

like, my list goes

mystical ninja starring goemon
    banjo-kazooie
    mischief makers

Wait, someone else remebers and likes Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon?!

I wish it was on the VC.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular

My suggestions are:
    -anti-vaxxers
    -need for more government support for the sciences
    -when will the next pokemon ranger game come out
    -wealth gap

• Options
    McFlynnMcFlynn Registered User regular
    Man, Star Fox Adventures is a good game. Its not a Star Fox style game, but it is a good game. Not a great game. A good game.

It wasn't universally panned until it was funny to do so.

Although it does go too Rare. It didn't go full Rare like DK64 though.

God, I got the 201% completion on DK64 and I will never play it again. Sheesh.

Vow is totally wrong about Star Fox or Panzer Dragoon though.

• Options
    Star fox adventures was totally ok for the time I think, just not great and doesn't hold up especially well now

• Options
    I'd put it in a basket with Kameo

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »

My suggestions are:
    -anti-vaxxers
    -need for more government support for the sciences
    -when will the next pokemon ranger game come out
    -wealth gap

- Obama has already tajen a pro vaccine stance. The elderly gop base having experienced polio isnt very keen on anti vaxxers
    - Good luvk
    - Never because theyre awful and apparently sold like ass
    - Kill the koch brothers and leave a fake will that distrubutes their wealth to poor inner city youths who want to go to college and twenty percent to their lawyers " for faithful service and being cool"

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Yukira wrote: »
    Banjo-Kazooie is probably my second favorite n64 game and it took a long time for me to admit it

like, my list goes

banjo-kazooie
    mischief makers

I wish it was on the VC.

I actually got it as a birthday present last year. That game is a freaking treasure.

• Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    The worst part of Star Fox Adventures was right in the middle when it became a series of Mortal Kombat Test Your (Blank)s and I had to go grab a spoon and almost break my controller and the spoon to pass them

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    man vow you trippin'

panzer dragoon and star fox were the shit

now you know what similar game just completely failed to draw much attention for itself? omega boost.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Mr. G wrote: »
    The worst part of Star Fox Adventures was right in the middle when it became a series of Mortal Kombat Test Your (Blank)s and I had to go grab a spoon and almost break my controller and the spoon to pass them

Real gamers use the finger nail of their index finger

• Options
    Mr. G wrote: »

Real gamers use the finger nail of their index finger

I use my index and kinda

flex/vibrate my arm to push the button real fast

it usually works pretty well

• Options
    Griffin McElroy was talking about Majora's Mask on Polygon's Quality Control podcast and him just describing the systems of the game are making my insanely desperate to play it again

Good lord I love Majora's Mask so much, that's tied with Wind Waker for "best Zelda game"

Wind Waker is the best Zelda game, and Majora's Mask is the best Zelda game

There is nothing quite like Majora's Mask

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Majoras mask is so fucking good

I still have all the steps of the anju/Kefai quest memorized

• Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    The changes to the save system in Majora 3D make it much more likely that I will actually play this game past a couple of hours.

LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    McFlynn wrote: »

like, my list goes

banjo-kazooie
    mischief makers

I wish it was on the VC.

I actually got it as a birthday present last year. That game is a freaking treasure.

So uh, what are you doing this weekend?

• Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    ... Wait why the hell is it called panzer dragoon anyway?

It doesn't have panzers OR dragoons!

• Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    Mystical Ninja starring Goemon needs a project-rainfall-type-thing to get it onto the virtual console library.

Also i'd much rather revisit Castlevania than banjo-kazooie or donkey kong 64. The original release is still pretty bad, but Legacy of Darkness cleaned it up enough to make it mediocre if not decent, and I still don't get why Konami didn't wait to release only that version.

Another opinion: Konami is a better developer/publisher than Rare.

• Options
    That one Goemon game is on the Wii U VC

I imagine the main thing stopping the N64 one is a lack of N64 on the Wii U VC

• Options
    Talking about my favorite N64 games: Bomberman 64 and Bomberman 64: The Second Attack are two more gems I'd love to have on VC. For whatever reason we got Bomberman Hero.

• Options
    I remember bomberman 64 being actually really good

like a platformer/adventure game right?

• Options
    The N64 Goemon games aren't on the Wii VC at all, though.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    Star Fox 64 is so insanely good, and I can't even imagine how many hours I logged as a kid. The replayability is off the charts.

My brother was also obsessed with it and that carried over to him playing exclusively as Fox in Melee, and I have a lot of fond memories associated with all of it. So yeah, 64 is tops. Pretty sure I can quote 99% of it verbatim, too.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    The changes to the save system in Majora 3D make it much more likely that I will actually play this game past a couple of hours.

I heard about the changes to the song of double time, what did they change about the save system?

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    The N64 Goemon games aren't on the Wii VC at all, though.

Well

Neither was Earthbound!

Keep hope alive

• Options
    I remember bomberman 64 being actually really good

like a platformer/adventure game right?

Yeah. Adventure with some puzzles and some platforming aspects. No jump button, but correct placement of bombs would let you bounce off them to secrets and stuff.

Second Attack added gimmick bombs. Like wind bomb that'd push you over gaps or ice bombs that freeze things.

Hero was more of a straight platformer when your main weapon just happened to be bombs. No multiplayer mode, even.

• Options
    turtleant wrote: »

I heard about the changes to the song of double time, what did they change about the save system?

You make permanent saves at the owl statues now and there are more of them. You don't need to go back to the start to make a hard save.

• Options
    turtleantturtleant Gunpla Dad is the best.Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    turtleant wrote: »

You make permanent saves at the owl statues now and there are more of them. You don't need to go back to the start to make a hard save.

Nice!

X22wmuF.jpg
  • Options
    Bomberman 64 was super rad

6F32U1X.png
  • Options
    OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel floof Registered User regular
    That's one of the things I like about portable releases, they tend to be more liberal with saving because they expect people to play in shorter sessions.

cdci44qazyo3.gif

• Options
    That's one of the things I like about portable releases, they tend to be more liberal with saving because they expect people to play in shorter sessions.

That plus sleep states are the best thing. That plus portability is the reason why I play anything on a handheld if possible.

This discussion has been closed.