[Agents of SHIELD] Age of Inhumans

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    And look what happened!

• Options
    Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    And look what happened!

They might not have been so blind-sided had Hunter not been a dick. Also, while it was disappointing she's the least dickish Derp SHIELD flunky.

• Options
    They were going to be blind sided no matter what pretty much. It's hard to prepare for a full scale assault unless you know about it with the resources they have. So unless one of them totally cracked they were fucked.

Hunter screwed up not by being a dick, but by trusting Bobbi and Mac too much. He should have went to Coulson, not Mac.

• Options
    They were going to be blind sided no matter what pretty much. It's hard to prepare for a full scale assault unless you know about it with the resources they have. So unless one of them totally cracked they were fucked.

Hunter screwed up not by being a dick, but by trusting Bobbi and Mac too much. He should have went to Coulson, not Mac.

Being a dick didn't exactly discredit her, it did the opposite. lol But yeah, they stood no chance for what was coming.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    And look what happened!

They might not have been so blind-sided had Hunter not been a dick. Also, while it was disappointing she's the least dickish Derp SHIELD flunky.

I dunno. Let's see how long it takes before she figures out that Gemma keeps putting ones over on her.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Not actually a mod. Roaming the streets, waving his gun around.Moderator, ClubPA mod
    jdarksun wrote: »
    MuddBudd wrote: »
    Agents of SHIELD: West Coast

The REAL SHIELD Agents of Beverly Hills.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    I like Hunter, and I like Bobbi, but I don't really like them together all that much. I get too many flashbacks to Titanic where Leo and Kate are macking and I just think to myself, "that girl would break Leonardo DiCaprio in half if they were really going at it."

But seriously, they're each more interesting when not reprising their on-again-off-again relationship. I watched a lot of Moonlighting when I was a kid...

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I may be in the great minority on this, but I find a couple together to be more interesting than on-again-off-again or will-they-or-won't-they. On a dramatic level, juggling commitments after becoming a couple is more interesting to me than the whole becoming a couple part.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Will-they-won't-they gets old after a bit, yeah.

• Options
    Shadowhope wrote: »
    I may be in the great minority on this, but I find a couple together to be more interesting than on-again-off-again or will-they-or-won't-they. On a dramatic level, juggling commitments after becoming a couple is more interesting to me than the whole becoming a couple part.

To be clear, I prefer this, too, but the Bobbi/Hunter relationship seems to be defined by never-ending ambiguity. Even when they're together, they're not, really.

• Options
    KashaarKashaar Low OrbitRegistered User regular
    Will-they-won't-they gets old as you get older and your primary concern moves from "Gotta get a relationship" to "How the hell will I manage this relationship with all the other crap going on in my life"

Indie Dev Blog | Twitter | Steam
    Unreal Engine 4 Developers Community.

I'm working on a cute little video game! Here's a link for you.
  • Options
    Mego ThorMego Thor "I say thee...NAY!" Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    ElJeffe wrote: »

The Beverly HillSHIELDies.

Beverly-Hillbillies-Trick-or-Treat.jpg

Starring Adrianne Palicki and Nick Blood

Mego Thor on
    kyrcl.png
  • Options
    HounHoun Registered User regular
    Wait.

So they added Palicki and Blood to the cast in Season 2 just so they could remove them in put them in a spin-off?

*facepalm*

TV, stahp.

(I honestly don't think I can commit to another Marvel property right now; they're expanding too fast. Also, why you'd pull Blood off right after he started building chemistry with the rest of the cast (or, at least, with Clark) is beyond me.)

• Options
    Houn wrote: »
    Wait.

So they added Palicki and Blood to the cast in Season 2 just so they could remove them in put them in a spin-off?

*facepalm*

TV, stahp.

(I honestly don't think I can commit to another Marvel property right now; they're expanding too fast. Also, why you'd pull Blood off right after he started building chemistry with the rest of the cast (or, at least, with Clark) is beyond me.)

Most classic spinoffs just have a random back-door pilot in the middle of a season.

• Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    As for Coulson's work. I'm beginning to wonder if it really is Stark stuff he is doing. From the trailers of th
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Tomanta wrote: »
    Agents of REAL SHIELD.

Do we have an backronym for REAL yet?

Rescue
    Emergency
    Actionable
    Legion

They're SHIELD's first responders.

Real Questionable
    Egotistical
    Assholeish
    Like, Totally we got a boat!

azith28 on
    Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Jragghen wrote: »
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/04/20/live3-abcs-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-emerges-as-the-1-program-in-tuesdays-9pm-hour-in-adults-18-49/392040/
    via pretty meaningless press release:
    ABC’s Live + 3 Day data for Tuesday, 4/14/15

Pretty sure NCIS still slaughters in overall numbers, but now the top show in the primary demographic!

Fixed! Good thing the actual numbers are looking decent.

Numbers aren't meaningless. Those are the primary numbers used for determining sponsor costs, and that's what determines how good a show is doing.

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/04/20/live3-abcs-marvels-agents-of-s-h-i-e-l-d-emerges-as-the-1-program-in-tuesdays-9pm-hour-in-adults-18-49/392040/

Pretty sure NCIS still slaughters in overall numbers, but now the top show in the primary demographic!

Numbers aren't meaningless. Those are the primary numbers used for determining sponsor costs, and that's what determines how good a show is doing.

I guess word of mouth about the series is getting around. I'm pretty happy.

• Options
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

No, that's just it. They mostly don't. Live does. Live+3, Live+7 do not. At least this is my understanding and it sure seems more likely to me so it must be true!

• Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    ElJeffe wrote: »

Pilot episode title: "We're on a boat!"

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    My guess on the spinoff
    SHIELD/NuSHIELD get slapped together in the end, and with the coming change in the superpowered landscape, Coulson and his crew are in charge of superpowered threats.. Inhumans, Aliens, people with random powers. While Bobbi and Hunter head up the espionage division that deals with threats like Hydra, AIM or other such organizations.

So the original crew will star is a show that's more about superheroes, while the spinoff deals with the spy stuff.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    My guess on the spinoff
    SHIELD/NuSHIELD get slapped together in the end, and with the coming change in the superpowered landscape, Coulson and his crew are in charge of superpowered threats.. Inhumans, Aliens, people with random powers. While Bobbi and Hunter head up the espionage division that deals with threats like Hydra, AIM or other such organizations.

So the original crew will star is a show that's more about superheroes, while the spinoff deals with the spy stuff.
    Thus, allowing Hunter to flex a new accent ever week.

Good call. Let's get this moving.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
  • Options
    I wonder if the spinoff is bad news for Agent Carter.

Bobbi & Hunter time travel to 1946 and help Agent Carter found Original Recipe SHIELD.

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

Sounds like they're still in talks for it Carter gave AoS some breathing room and a more consistent schedule, so it had purposes besides just being more MCU content.

Given there's also talk of a "reinvisioned Marvel hero" for a third ABC show, I'm not sure of anything anymore.

• Options

Bobbi & Hunter time travel to 1946 and help Agent Carter found Original Recipe SHIELD.

Imagining those two in that setting is hilarious. First guy who cops a feel on Bobbi is gonna have a very bad day.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    edited April 2015

Sounds like they're still in talks for it Carter gave AoS some breathing room and a more consistent schedule, so it had purposes besides just being more MCU content.

Given there's also talk of a "reinvisioned Marvel hero" for a third ABC show, I'm not sure of anything anymore.

Not to pigeonhole the director, but Truth: Red, White & Black might be a good basis of a series.

Dedwrekka on
  • Options

We've got another Agent Carter if they want to bring the series back to tv.

Emily_VanCamp_as_Agent_13.jpg

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular

well, revenge would have to end first for that to happen

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular

Isn't she a bit busy with that Revenge show though?

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Revenge is dead after this season. They're pretty clearly angling towards a series finale and the ratings have dropped into the gutter.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Revenge is dead after this season. They're pretty clearly angling towards a series finale and the ratings have dropped into the gutter.

Well if that's the case, bring it on. Or just bring her into AoS.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    With Bobbi leaving
    they should get Agent 33 on the squad.

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Man, Kyle MacLachlan is just destroying this episode.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular

Seriously

Also like holy fuck everything is hitting the fan and it is doing so in a marvelous way.

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Next Week's preview+AoU:
    So guessing however the fight at the HYDRA base goes down sets up the opening of AoU with Strucker

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    Coulson on fire this episode.

Hi, sweetie.
    and
    Take me to your leader. in the same episode? Unreal.

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Lanz wrote: »

Seriously

Also like holy fuck everything is hitting the fan and it is doing so in a marvelous way.

Seriously, that final battle, you need a diagram to keep track of everyone involved.
    Coulson + Hunter + Deathlok teamed up with Ward and 13 vs. Cal vs. Lincoln vs. Hydra, and with May and the gang back at home watching remotely! And THEN Gordon shows up too.

Speaking of which, who ended up with Cal?

You know, it would be interesting to have Cal and Bruce meet. Not in a "Hulk vs. Hyde" fight sort of way; just two dudes with science-based rage issues to work out.

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options

Seriously

Seriously, that final battle, you need a diagram to keep track of everyone involved.
    Coulson + Hunter + Deathlok teamed up with Ward and 13 vs. Cal vs. Lincoln vs. Hydra, and with May and the gang back at home watching remotely! And THEN Gordon shows up too.

You know, it would be interesting to have Cal and Bruce meet. Not in a "Hulk vs. Hyde" fight sort of way; just two dudes with science-based rage issues to work out.
    Cal went back with Skye and Gordon; he jumped in the bubble just in time

waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular

Seriously

While having a damn fine cup of coffee together? Yes please.

Next Week Speculation:
    Fury and/or Hill show up to the party?

Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
  • Options
    GONG-00 wrote: »

Seriously

While having a damn fine cup of coffee together? Yes please.

Next Week Speculation:
    Fury and/or Hill show up to the party?
    Not sure if Next week, but they've said Smoulders is guesting in an upcoming

waNkm4k.jpg?1
This discussion has been closed.