Options

Wherefore Singularity Engine? Blame the [Star Wars] thread.

• Options
    TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    I can't do the voices! There's no win condition here

Have you considered a Freaky Friday situation? Only it happens whenever she meets someone famous?

• Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Strike them down and take your rightful place at Mark Hamill's side?

Thorn413 on
  • Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Fuck that. Yub Yub was great. Also it is idiotic that the capital planet immediately revolts on death of the Emperor. Those revelers would be gunned down instantly. Also get Naboo out of my original Star Wars movies.

They actually were. Offscreen. It was a terrible massacre.

That was what the good parts of the EU were: "Reality ensues".

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    Lord Dave wrote: »
    I'm pretty ok with the Special Editions up until the Honey Comb Crazy Craving musical number, and then I have to literally leave the room

I remember my cheeks were burning during that in the theater because I was so embarrassed by it.
    Fuck that. Yub Yub was great. Also it is idiotic that the capital planet immediately revolts on death of the Emperor. Those revelers would be gunned down instantly. Also get Naboo out of my original Star Wars movies.

Weesa Free!

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    I don't have the legs to pull off most of her outfits

Not with that attitude you don't!

• Options
    HadjiQuestHadjiQuest Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    So a bunch of the previously GOG-exclusive Star Wars games ended up on steam today, GOG got a bunch more exclusive Star Wars titles from the catalog (Rebel Assault! Yay!), and both are running huge sales on Star Wars titles.

Myyyyyyyyyyy wallllllleeeeeeeeeetttttttt

Edit: GOG has also added the 1998 collector's edition of Tie Fighter and X-Wing for everyone who already owned them.

HadjiQuest on
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    edited April 2015
    I kind of want to get Rebel Assault 1 and 2 and relive all the cheesy FMV acting.

I think only 2 had real live people on camera, but yeah. It was a different era! And until the Prequels came along, it was the first Star Wars footage since Return of the Jedi.

Renzo on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Renzo wrote: »
    I kind of want to get Rebel Assault 1 and 2 and relive all the cheesy FMV acting.

I think only 2 had real live people on camera, but yeah. It was a different era! And until the Prequels came along, it was the first Star Wars footage since Return of the Jedi.

Dude Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight!

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular

Dude Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight!

I should have said, "Rebel Assault 2 had the first new Star Wars footage since Return of the Jedi."

But yeah Dark Forces 2 came out 2 years after RA2 and also had live action footage.

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    I remember playing Rebel Assault 2 as a fifteen year old and thinking "the gameplay for this is kind of shit, but I want to see what happens next." You could just watch all the FMV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrnuGT5KxnU

• Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    the live action footage in Jedi Knight was also actually not bad

• Options
    Bluedude152Bluedude152 Registered User regular
    So can someone explain to me how a dude getting cut up and lit on fire by magma was able to be saved but the lady giving birth to twins was a lost cause

Someone pointed that out to me and now it seems insane

p0a2ody6sqnt.jpg
  • Options
    So can someone explain to me how a dude getting cut up and lit on fire by magma was able to be saved but the lady giving birth to twins was a lost cause

She died of a broken heart dude.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    She lost the will to live
    As the medical droid clearly states
    Because that is the kind of thing that a medical droid totally understands and considers a valid diagnosis

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    something something the force

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options

yub nub was not great, yub nub was the sign of the dark times to come, the grim harbinger of everything that was wrong with star wars as Lucas envisioned it, the most obvious signal of his forthcoming insanity

• Options
    "My one true love has turned to the Dark Side, and Force Choked me! I have lost the will to live, and must expire!"

You are pregnant with twins, you selfish, stupid girl.

• Options
    LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    Oh man I am totally buying the Rebel Assault bundle when I get home. I know they're supposed to be bad but I had 2 back in the day. I still remember it had the worst cheat code that like either had an outtake or just straight up told this joke:

What did the insomniac, dyslexic, agnostic do?
    Stayed up all night wondering if there really is a dog.

• Options
    Yub Yub gave us that great prank from Wraith Squadron though
    "His name is Kettch, and he's an Ewok."
    "No."
    "Oh, yes. Determined to fight. You should hear him say, 'Yub, yub.' He makes it a battle cry."
    "Wes, assuming he could be educated up to Alliance fighter-pilot standards, an Ewok couldn't even reach an X-wing's controls."
    "He wears arm and leg extensions, prosthetics built for him by a sympathetic medical droid. And he's anxious to go, Commander."
    "Please tell me you're kidding."
    "Of course I'm kidding. Pilot-candidate number one is a Human female from Tatooine, Falynn Sandskimmer."
    "I'm going to get you, Janson."
    "Yub, yub, Commander."

• Options
    Blasters typically run on cartridges of Tibanna gas, which is Cloud City's chief export

that's not totally accurate

tibanna gas is just an efficient carry medium for electrical energy, it's not actually discharged when the weapon fires

blasters are energy weapons, but they're technically particle beam weapons so I think there's supposed to be some energy-mass conversion going on?

this is the silliest conversation

• Options
    Yub Yub gave us that great prank from Wraith Squadron though
    "His name is Kettch, and he's an Ewok."
    "No."
    "Oh, yes. Determined to fight. You should hear him say, 'Yub, yub.' He makes it a battle cry."
    "Wes, assuming he could be educated up to Alliance fighter-pilot standards, an Ewok couldn't even reach an X-wing's controls."
    "He wears arm and leg extensions, prosthetics built for him by a sympathetic medical droid. And he's anxious to go, Commander."
    "Please tell me you're kidding."
    "Of course I'm kidding. Pilot-candidate number one is a Human female from Tatooine, Falynn Sandskimmer."
    "I'm going to get you, Janson."
    "Yub, yub, Commander."

my friend kelli fuckin' loves the x-wing novels, "yub yub" has turned into a catchphrase for us

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Shorty wrote: »

yub nub was not great, yub nub was the sign of the dark times to come, the grim harbinger of everything that was wrong with star wars as Lucas envisioned it, the most obvious signal of his forthcoming insanity

counterpoint: nuh uh

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

countercounterpoint: ayuh-huh!

• Options
    MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    it's probably against regulations to perform a puppet show while piloting a starfighter

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular

And that's how the third episode ends.

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular

Well, since Leia remembers her mother in the original trilogy, Princess... Princess... the lady giving birth dying was obviously a ruse to fool the medical droid in case the Empire ever came looking for the medical records. She likely lived several years afterwards in secret with the Organas before dying in a tragic mynock hunting accident.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    One fan theory was
    to save Anakin, the Emperor stole Padme's life force and that's why she died, and that's why Anakin was so freaked out at the end when he found out what happened

It's, uh... Better than the movie version

• Options
    davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »
    One fan theory was
    to save Anakin, the Emperor stole Padme's life force and that's why she died, and that's why Anakin was so freaked out at the end when he found out what happened

Everything leading up to Darth Vader's suit being switched on was a memory inceptioned into anakin's mind by the emperor. Annnnd scene!

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    He was totally gonna ask about stock options!

• Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    One fan theory was

MIDICHLORIANS

[IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Thorn413Thorn413 Registered User regular
    I always figured that Vader's powerful connection to the Dark Side was just as important as his suit as far as keeping himself alive went.

• Options
    SnowbearSnowbear Registered User regular
    One fan theory was

Not it's kinda better, but there is nothing to support it in the movie and those prequels make sure to spell everything out to the audience "You're breaking my heart! I'm so sad right now I could just die."

8EVmPzM.jpg
  • Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    "He...killed younglings. It's like he's turned evil now or something!"

• Options
    EtchwartsEtchwarts Eyes Up Registered User regular
    Oh shit X-Wing Alliance is on Steam

Must...resist...

• Options
    Oh shit X-Wing Alliance is on Steam

Must...resist...
    Resist? In our moment of triumph?

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular

countercounterpoint: ayuh-huh!

Counter-counter-counterpoint:

Yub Nub.

• Options
    CalicaCalica Registered User regular
    My workplace announced today that there will be a Star Wars costume contest on May 4th, which is next Monday. I'll be out of town all weekend, so I effectively have until Friday morning to cobble something together. Any ideas?

I do have a brown cloak and a lightsaber; that is my option of last resort :P

Leia buns are out, as I can't manage anything more complicated than a ponytail.

• Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Calica wrote: »
    My workplace announced today that there will be a Star Wars costume contest on May 4th, which is next Monday. I'll be out of town all weekend, so I effectively have until Friday morning to cobble something together. Any ideas?

I do have a brown cloak and a lightsaber; that is my option of last resort :P

Leia buns are out, as I can't manage anything more complicated than a ponytail.

Creepio?

• Options
    You don't need a costume
    Just make sure everybody has Zimas

• Options
    You don't need a costume
    Just make sure everybody has Zimas

Yolo, bitches.

This discussion has been closed.