As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[steam] where overly specific genres come to life.

• Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition goes to... @Vegan, by default!

Thank you! Here's to 11 more years!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    @ReverseCreations sends a gift because he can.
    wo7uosjir68t.jpg
    Thank you for FRACT!

At the same time, I see a PM from @HiT BiT for Particle Mace. Thank you!

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    So I'm minding my own business when @Halfazedninja comes along and gifts me Civilization V?
    To stop me from going to STEAM JAIL?
    What the heck is this madness. It's not even my birthday yet, stop getting me involved with your japes.
    (But thank you)

*adds you to the list*

Quical on
    NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • Options
    Now @Corsini gets involved by gifting me The Escape Goat. Again saying "Steam jail is the worst"

WHAT'S GOING OOONNNNNN?

(Thank you)

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Ianator wrote: »
    Donnicton wrote: »
    @Ianator and @Gear Girl, do me a favor and confirm on Steamgifts that you got the keys I sent from the giveaways.

Claimed and confirmed. Thanks!

Ditto. Thanks!

• Options
    @Karoz gets involved with a "good old fashioned pile on" and gifts me Luftrausers.

WHAT DID I DOOOOO?

(thank you)

• Options
    HalfazedninjaHalfazedninja Author of Jake Howard: Multiverse 101! Behind YouRegistered User regular
    edited August 2015
    4:21 PM - Halfazedninja: It's Quical's birthday
    4:21 PM - Quical: IT'S NOT MY BIRTHDAY
    4:21 PM - Halfazedninja: http://cdn.steamcommunity.com/economy/emoticon/duranceleft http://cdn.steamcommunity.com/economy/emoticon/duranceright
    4:21 PM - Quical: I mean you are very close but NO! NO!
    4:23 PM - Quical: My birthday isn't until later on in august!

Halfazedninja on
    My debut novel, JAKE HOWARD: MULTIVERSE 101!
    Switch FC: SW-7588-7027-0113, Steam/PSN: Halfazedninja

• Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I have idled all the games! Until Steam Idler decides tomorrow that I have another 20 games left to idle :/

• Options
    edited August 2015

There's not going to be an end to this is there?

xone7g6j8znw.png

My birthday isn't until like the very end you guys! Stop falling for people's tricks!

(thank you)

Quical on
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Hey folks who play STALKER, I'd like a game recommendation please

What's a good open world FPS or TPS / MMO (that isn't Fallout)

ALTERNATIVELY

Which of the three in your opinion has the best STALKER on STALKER combat? The shootout in the carpark at the beginning of the first one sticks out to me.

I'm looking to replay one of the three with a good mod set. I don't want weather and atmospheric mods that fuck with engine stability - xRay is a bitch as it is, and something LURK does in the most recent patch fucks it up all and results in some bad load-in during the game, even on a new PC with a SSD.

I'm considering rerunning COP with LURK minus Atmosfear 3.0?

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    CoP with Complete is servicable.

or CoP with Misery if you hate yourself.

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    SkutSkut wrote: »
    CoP with Complete is servicable.

or CoP with Misery if you hate yourself.

:-D I actually meant Misery when I said Lurk. Misery 2.0 on my old laptop was a great experience, aside from modding in a fix for stamina.

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Did I hear birthday?

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Descendant XDescendant X Skyrim is my god now. Outpost 31Registered User regular
    Hacknet is a pretty cool game. I like ye olde style terminal interface way of doing things, although it would be cool if you could move the windows around and set up the controls of the game so you had to move the mouse a lot less (or not at all). It seems a little more intuitive than Uplink.

Speaking of which, I wonder where my old Uplink disk went...

Garry: I know you gentlemen have been through a lot, but when you find the time I'd rather not spend the rest of the winter TIED TO THIS FUCKING COUCH!
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Fairy Fencer F complete. Story was competent at best and it was sad to see Fang devolve from the best JRPG protagonist to just another generic bright-eyed hero out to save to world. Felt like junk food; tasty but insubstantial.

Let's see what's up next in the library. Looks like it's going to be Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.

• Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Hey folks who play STALKER, I'd like a game recommendation please

What's a good open world FPS or TPS / MMO (that isn't Fallout)

ALTERNATIVELY

Which of the three in your opinion has the best STALKER on STALKER combat? The shootout in the carpark at the beginning of the first one sticks out to me.

I'm looking to replay one of the three with a good mod set. I don't want weather and atmospheric mods that fuck with engine stability - xRay is a bitch as it is, and something LURK does in the most recent patch fucks it up all and results in some bad load-in during the game, even on a new PC with a SSD.

I'm considering rerunning COP with LURK minus Atmosfear 3.0?

If you want STALKER on STALKER combat I suggest going with the red-headed stepchild of the series. STALKER: Clear Sky with its associated Complete modpack is more killer shootouts than you can wave a Bloodsucker tentacle at and it's pretty stable and stuff. And if that isn't good enough for you there are a couple of mods that specifically focus on fixing and expanding the Faction War system that is broken as fuck in the vanilla game. But for serious, what isn't broken as fuck in vanilla Clear Sky?

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Fairy Fencer F complete. Story was competent at best and it was sad to see Fang devolve from the best JRPG protagonist to just another generic bright-eyed hero out to save to world. Felt like junk food; tasty but insubstantial.

Let's see what's up next in the library. Looks like it's going to be Enslaved: Odyssey to the West.
    Enslaved is a pretty great take on Journey to the West.
    despite some sections being frustrating I really enjoyed that game.

also it has one of the nicest looking post apocalypse worlds ever.

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    In a conversation about our favorite gridders and roguelikes @Viking hits me with a copy of Might and Magic X, thanks dude!

• Options
    cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    Damnit, don't mention horrible cheap games... @Kanden made sure I'd suffer

uv8GUBH.png

• Options
    slappybagslappybag Local Badass Minnesota, USARegistered User regular
    beat hitman 2 today in preparation for Hitman later this year.

on to contracts now

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    signature.png
    Reposting this for tomorrow morning's victory, enter now and your odds are 50/50! Unless gear girl entered, then you get a 10% penalty.

One of those brothel games I mentioned had perk trees and skill points for character traits for any characters created. I suppose it was possible to create male characters. My only complaint would be that it wasn't possible to edit out certain characters I objected to.

I've now wishlisted hunipop and hope there is a way to change the art in the future.

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    Houn wrote: »
    Is Crysis still a system hog? That's gotta be cheap by this point, right? Cheaper than Witcher 3, anyway.

Did anything cool come with your graphics card? They often do.

It came with a code that I am assured can be exchanged at some future date for Metal Gear Solid V, so I've got that to look forward to! It will be my first Metal Gear game; fortunately I am given to understand that the series storyline is very straightforward and I should be able to dive right in.

I settled on Remember Me for a start since it's one of the more recent games I have, I don't think it's the highest stress thing I could possibly have chosen but I'm starting to see why people really like solid 60fps in games :)

Remember Me is great and I will fight anyone that says otherwise. It's an incredibly solid Single-A title with an interesting world and characters and gameplay that, while can get a touch repetitive (*cough*fights*cough*), is never broken or unresponsive and as such, it plays well. Nilin is a bad-ass, but also human. Cyberpunk Paris is practically a character all it's own, and its beautiful and mysterious and polished and gritty and tactile. And for the sci-fi buffs, the ideas behind being able to save and share your memories like Facebook for your Brain, and the power that gives people, be they lone hackers or faceless megacorps, over your very identity, is fascinating in that "what if" way that only good sci-fi can be.

Solid Single-A is a good way to put it; really well put-together but not a HUGE SPECTACLE game.

It was a good 10 hours! I liked the fighting system and rather wish that the whole "see your inputs in real-time" was a thing in every combo-heavy game. And fighting games, for that matter.

...though yes, there were a couple of "OK, I beat up those last eight guys and now I have another eight to beat up? REALLY?" moments.

• Options
    Is Crysis still a system hog? That's gotta be cheap by this point, right? Cheaper than Witcher 3, anyway.

It came with a code that I am assured can be exchanged at some future date for Metal Gear Solid V, so I've got that to look forward to! It will be my first Metal Gear game; fortunately I am given to understand that the series storyline is very straightforward and I should be able to dive right in.

I settled on Remember Me for a start since it's one of the more recent games I have, I don't think it's the highest stress thing I could possibly have chosen but I'm starting to see why people really like solid 60fps in games :)

Remember Me is great and I will fight anyone that says otherwise. It's an incredibly solid Single-A title with an interesting world and characters and gameplay that, while can get a touch repetitive (*cough*fights*cough*), is never broken or unresponsive and as such, it plays well. Nilin is a bad-ass, but also human. Cyberpunk Paris is practically a character all it's own, and its beautiful and mysterious and polished and gritty and tactile. And for the sci-fi buffs, the ideas behind being able to save and share your memories like Facebook for your Brain, and the power that gives people, be they lone hackers or faceless megacorps, over your very identity, is fascinating in that "what if" way that only good sci-fi can be.

Solid Single-A is a good way to put it; really well put-together but not a HUGE SPECTACLE game.

It was a good 10 hours! I liked the fighting system and rather wish that the whole "see your inputs in real-time" was a thing in every combo-heavy game. And fighting games, for that matter.

...though yes, there were a couple of "OK, I beat up those last eight guys and now I have another eight to beat up? REALLY?" moments.

So it lacked that Arkham metric that accelerated your character and made it easier to clear multiple enemies in a single combo and now I really want to reinstall the game to see what mods are available and I really should get to City's dlc.

• Options
    Here I thought I was done idling! @Isorn had other ideas by gifting meTeddy Floppy Ear - Kayaking. <3

• Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

So it lacked that Arkham metric that accelerated your character and made it easier to clear multiple enemies in a single combo and now I really want to reinstall the game to see what mods are available and I really should get to City's dlc.

It's funny you say that; I actually started Arkham City back when it came out but hung it up after a few hours (and didn't buy Origins or Knight) because the combat was really NOT clicking with me. In the last year, though, I've played the first two Ninja Gaiden Sigmas, an Oneechanbara, El Shaddai and now Remember Me and was thinking I should give Batman a second chance. :)

• Options
    Arkham Asylum's combat areas should be the standard if you have a third or first person open world game like that. You should also have more than one battle area and ultimately incorporate all DLC enemies and allies (Dishonored).

• Options
    Did I hear birthday?

God damnit. You go to bed thinking you're safe and wake up to the serious sam collection from @Pixelated Pixie.
    "early birthday presents are the best" indeed! Thanks Pixie, it's not my birthday, but thanks. I'll redeem this when I get home from work.

Reminder that @cooljammer00 has his birthday on the 21st which is actually BEFORE mine. So... *coughs*

• Options
    A big thank you to @viking for the gift of C-Wars! <3

Roll on the 26th.

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Got home with the intention of playing some Witcher 2 when I wasn't busy aiding my dad, but ended up wrapping up my mum's bday present instead. Then later I tried in vain to remove a screw from an action figure's head to replace with a 3rd party one. And now I'm too tired to do more than surf the net.

Probably for the best I guess, since my habit of winging things doesn't seem to be working very well in this game :P

I have briefly researched the crafting and signs since my last session, so there's that, but I think I should probably write down what the signs are because so far I've only memorized that Igni is the fire one. How I managed to beat the Nekker cave in Malena's quest and get up to The Kayran: A Matter of Price without memorizing all this stuff is beyond me.

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    I think I'm giving Subnautica a bit of a rest now. I've built bases, I've built the big sub. This game will be awesome, it just needs a bit more stuff added.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Fallout is amazing. Put a few hours in over the weekend. Have to run through FOSE and not Steam so it doesn't capture my hours played which sucks, but the numerous mods I've installed help.

Speaking of which, Nexus is one of the finest applications I've ever used. Completely taken the intimidation factor out of modding for me. Can't recommend highly enough.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Big Classy wrote: »
    Here I thought I was done idling! @Isorn had other ideas by gifting meTeddy Floppy Ear - Kayaking. <3

What... oh. Wow. There's a whole series of Teddy Floppy Ear games. And most of them have good reviews.

• Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Fallout is pretty great. I'm a little afraid for Fallout 4 though.

I mean, yeah, we had the paid modding fiasco some time ago and the backlash was so immense that Bethesda backed down, but honestly I'm worried that the door has been opened and it's only a matter of time before they try it again. My only evidence is their desire for additional revenue streams and that fact that Valve has left this page up even after things went back to normal.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    I found myself in a position where I enjoyed FO3, would recommend it to people who like open world exploration dystopias and so on, and don't actually regret playing it.

But as much as I liked it, as nifty as the world environment was, I can't ever see myself playing it again. And I knew that whilst playing it. I sure as shit wasn't going to play it over again just for the alignment achievements. I save scummed for that.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    So my internet seems to be fine, but steam can't connect, is something going on or do I have a case of the 'that one program that decides to not talk to the internet'

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Have you tried turning it off and on?

I just connected and my internet is pretty crap. And then sometimes I won't connect and there is nothing wrong with Steam itself. I'd wait and try again a little later.

• Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    edited August 2015
    Have you tried turning it off and on?

Turning it off and on is how I noticed it was all of steam and not just the friends list. Haven't tried a whole computer reboot yet.
    :edit: Fixed it, so far as I can tell my modem decided to update its firmware or something and the updated stuff included a 'shut down everything that isn't given a firewall exception', and it's just a checkbox list firewall, not an input your own items (like steam!) firewall.

NEO|Phyte on
    It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    It's an IT Crowd joke.

• Options
    RavelleRavelle Registered User regular
    It's an IT Crowd joke.

And a well known joke to everyone that works in IT.

D083uBC.jpg
  • Options
    f3rretf3rret Registered User regular
    Ravelle wrote: »
    It's an IT Crowd joke.

And a well known joke to everyone that works in IT.

0118 999 881 999 119 725…3

steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.