As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Southpaw Regional [chat] is the coolest ever

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    Henroid wrote: »
    OH MY GOD
    Chitosan (positive charge): As the name implies, it is composed of chitin, which is the structural element of the exoskeletons of crustaceans, such as crabs, shrimp and other shell fish.

ARCH I CAN BASICALLY PUT GROUND UP CRAYFISH IN MY WINE TO MAKE IT BETTER
    This sounds like a terrible idea.

IT WILL WORK BEAUTIFULLY A+ JOB SHIV
    Guys, if I correctly isolate this strain of yeast, and maintain a precise pH balance, it should be able to ferment just enough of this shellfish toxin to give the wine an extra kick, without causing significant respiratory paralysis!

Dude so many poisons are also drugs people could abuse if they were idiots you don't even know
    RIP

Tombstone would read: "I was pretty sure that I was below the LD50."

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular
    My one regret is that this mead will be ready in like six months if I want to drink it super early

Also that the yeast is apparently super alcohol tolerant so I'm basically going to end up with mixed honeyed rum and raspberry jui-actually wait nvm this sounds great

aersien and I had a whole conversation this weekend about whether we wanted to drink this homebrew booze of yours or not

cause on the one hand yes obviously, but on the other hand the crayfish powder, the descriptions of frothy bacteria-laden raspberry foam...possibly I am getting too much insight into how the sausage is made here :P

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    My one regret is that this mead will be ready in like six months if I want to drink it super early

Also that the yeast is apparently super alcohol tolerant so I'm basically going to end up with mixed honeyed rum and raspberry jui-actually wait nvm this sounds great
    That sounds amazing. Also you can buy Meade today to tide you over, drinking meade while you are waiting for your meade to finish.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited March 2017
    zepherin wrote: »
    OH MY GOD
    Chitosan (positive charge): As the name implies, it is composed of chitin, which is the structural element of the exoskeletons of crustaceans, such as crabs, shrimp and other shell fish.

Guys, if I correctly isolate this strain of yeast, and maintain a precise pH balance, it should be able to ferment just enough of this shellfish toxin to give the wine an extra kick, without causing significant respiratory paralysis!

Dude so many poisons are also drugs people could abuse if they were idiots you don't even know
    RIP

He She died the way he lived, Drunk.

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    override367override367 ALL minions Registered User regular
    I have decided that many of Microsoft's products and install processes are actual war crimes

• Options
    edited March 2017
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    OH MY GOD

RIP

She died the way she lived, Drunk.
    I'm pretty sure I wouldn't drink anything that was advertised as having only a little bit of poison in it.

zepherin on
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    credeiki wrote: »

aersien and I had a whole conversation this weekend about whether we wanted to drink this homebrew booze of yours or not

cause on the one hand yes obviously, but on the other hand the crayfish powder, the descriptions of frothy bacteria-laden raspberry foam...possibly I am getting too much insight into how the sausage is made here :P

The peach wine is really bad so far. I'm trying to salvage it but it is not in a great position =/

Blackberry is ok, I think it's gonna turn out medium-good (I like it more than Querry's choice red wines, though she prefers hers).

Both of those had full sanitization and I have added no chitosan. There has been nothing that'd make you go "ew" in their production.

The mead, on the other hand, yeah, there was less sanitization and there is frothy raspberry stuff going on.

But the wines are fine! And in any case, the crayfish powder is pretty much just a single thing that should pull stuff you don't want out of the wine and make it super clear.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD

RIP

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't drink anything that was advertised as having only a little bit of poison in it.

But that's how you know that you're really going to feel it.

• Options
    DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    I watched Passengers this weekend. I enjoyed it, although it has some very problematic plot elements.

I also watched John Wick for the 2nd time, and damn that is a fine action movie.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
  • Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod

That sounds amazing. Also you can buy Meade today to tide you over, drinking meade while you are waiting for your meade to finish.

Pfth wait? Impossible.

I am annoyed at the delay. If this turns out well, I'll probably want to make a mead a month or something so I have a consistent flow roughly at the max rate of consumption for me (Querry and I don't drink that much, I doubt we'd even often drink two bottles a month). But I won't know if it's turned out well until like september-december or even later, and then there's another 9 month lag time to the next batch, and I'd need to buy more equipment so I can have six things going at once (or however many I'd need to cycle one a month).

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Banksy also records on his website how an old Palestinian man said his painting made the wall look beautiful. Banksy thanked him, only to be told: 'We don't want it to be beautiful, we hate this wall. Go home.'

@Tav

smCQ5WE.jpg
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    I have decided that many of Microsoft's products and install processes are actual war crimes

Oh is that fresh Win 7 install done already? Great, this machine will be back up and running in no ti-Installing update 14 of 472.

Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD

RIP

Tombstone epitaph: "GUYS CHECK THIS OUT."

• Options
    Also, I prefer doing the RedBox because it's almost three times cheaper than digital rentals, but the convenience of picking a new release from my couch has gotten to be almost worth the premium.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    desc wrote: »
    @elki on the eve of Mass Effect's takeover I jumped on GR WILDLANDS last night and tried a bunch of guns I hadn't used yet like the little bitty Russian S3RM rifle that's smg compact sized and the 556xi (which I liked much more than expected).

I flew a drug plane over to Libertidad region which is 5 skull difficulty but had no issues parachuting in, landing on a rooftop, and pilfering the AK-47 from a chest. Built it out a little with a red dot scope and so on -- not a bad platform at all although I might like the 556xi more.

I am going to go scrounge up more parts like an extended magazine and one of the front rail mounted night vision lasers. Maybe go steal the Mk. 17 rifle and the M4a1 tac and compare them built out to the 556xi ... hmm.

I still like the P90 best as a close range option so a longer range / long barreled rifle seems logical.

Having said that, the AK 47 was plenty flexible at all ranges to approach and then sweep through a base quietly.

Also you were right about that pistol. That thing is the way and the light.

Are you playing this solo or with others? This game looks super cool but I'm holding off since unless there are people who want to bro down right now, it seems like a wait for a sale game.

I am playing both alone and with others in xbone.

I skipped most of the far cry, just cause, assassins creed etc franchises but this one appeals to me so it depends on what you are looking for.

I like pointlessly fiddling with my character's cosmetic clothes and the guns really are kind of like a car game -- there are more than you will ever need so it's just about finding ones you like, seeing how they handle in a bite sized mission, modifying, and repeating.

I think the gun handling a real pleasure in this game -- it's not terribly exaggerated or goofy but one well-placed shot will kill someone. The sense of lobbing projectiles and needing to account for distance is really present in the open world environment.

Vehicles are merely okay but dirt biking at top speed with other human players is a blast.

You don't have to do every single side quest or mission or anything, just killing each lieutenant per region.

• Options
    We went looking at houses this weekend and we think we found several good options that we can get with an FHA loan. Quite hyped!

• Options

Pfth wait? Impossible.

I am annoyed at the delay. If this turns out well, I'll probably want to make a mead a month or something so I have a consistent flow roughly at the max rate of consumption for me (Querry and I don't drink that much, I doubt we'd even often drink two bottles a month). But I won't know if it's turned out well until like september-december or even later, and then there's another 9 month lag time to the next batch, and I'd need to buy more equipment so I can have six things going at once (or however many I'd need to cycle one a month).
    ...And that's where the brewing costs jump from 80 bucks to 800 bucks.

I believe I predicted this.

• Options
    JuliusJulius Captain of Serenity on my shipRegistered User regular
    Julius wrote: »
    but for real, what's the "traditional" birds and Bees talk?

i'm just really confused here.

My parents gave me the "penises and vaginas" talk early on and then i got comprehensive sex ed.......
    "Mine was the penis goes into the Vagina. Here is a dirty mag to give you an overview of the mechanics. Keep it I don't want it back."

Seriously? that is kinda fucked up.
    Not really. It's an uncomfortable topic for parents, and hustler literally has 100s of pictures.

He also said I'll buy you condoms if you need them, please don't knock anyone up.

sure but uncomfortable topic or not, he could've handed you one of those books that actually explains all that shit.

like this or something (I dunno which books are any good in the US)
    ...How would my dad know this? He wasn't able to google it, the only people he could ask, are his buddies, or work peeps, his dad (grandpa) was born in the 1910s, and was a fucken dick.

My moms was even worst. "So uhh...is there anything you want to know..about it?" "Nope I gotta pretty good handle on how things work." "Oh thank god, let's order pizza."

I'm pretty sure you can buy those things in bookstores too, though perhaps some group banned them in your place for "think of the children" reasons.

i'm not attacking you or your dad here, I'm just saying that a dirty mag is not education and the situation where that is better than what you get at school is kinda fucked up.

• Options
    credeikicredeiki Registered User regular

The peach wine is really bad so far. I'm trying to salvage it but it is not in a great position =/

Blackberry is ok, I think it's gonna turn out medium-good (I like it more than Querry's choice red wines, though she prefers hers).

Both of those had full sanitization and I have added no chitosan. There has been nothing that'd make you go "ew" in their production.

The mead, on the other hand, yeah, there was less sanitization and there is frothy raspberry stuff going on.

But the wines are fine! And in any case, the crayfish powder is pretty much just a single thing that should pull stuff you don't want out of the wine and make it super clear.

Yeah, I don't think this is any worse than drinking mystery moonshine out of a test tube in grad school, and in fact likely much much much better since you intend to create the sort of flavors that I like in alcohol. Plus I've happily had people's homebrew mead and cider. It's just that in the past I've only really seen the end product of homebrews, not all of the chemistry bits.

Steam, LoL: credeiki
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
  • Options

Pfth wait? Impossible.

It'd be thirty more dollars for three carboys, caps, and airlocks :P

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    @elki on the eve of Mass Effect's takeover I jumped on GR WILDLANDS last night and tried a bunch of guns I hadn't used yet like the little bitty Russian S3RM rifle that's smg compact sized and the 556xi (which I liked much more than expected).

I flew a drug plane over to Libertidad region which is 5 skull difficulty but had no issues parachuting in, landing on a rooftop, and pilfering the AK-47 from a chest. Built it out a little with a red dot scope and so on -- not a bad platform at all although I might like the 556xi more.

I am going to go scrounge up more parts like an extended magazine and one of the front rail mounted night vision lasers. Maybe go steal the Mk. 17 rifle and the M4a1 tac and compare them built out to the 556xi ... hmm.

I still like the P90 best as a close range option so a longer range / long barreled rifle seems logical.

Having said that, the AK 47 was plenty flexible at all ranges to approach and then sweep through a base quietly.

Also you were right about that pistol. That thing is the way and the light.

Are you playing this solo or with others? This game looks super cool but I'm holding off since unless there are people who want to bro down right now, it seems like a wait for a sale game.

I am playing both alone and with others in xbone.

I skipped most of the far cry, just cause, assassins creed etc franchises but this one appeals to me so it depends on what you are looking for.

I like pointlessly fiddling with my character's cosmetic clothes and the guns really are kind of like a car game -- there are more than you will ever need so it's just about finding ones you like, seeing how they handle in a bite sized mission, modifying, and repeating.

I think the gun handling a real pleasure in this game -- it's not terribly exaggerated or goofy but one well-placed shot will kill someone. The sense of lobbing projectiles and needing to account for distance is really present in the open world environment.

Vehicles are merely okay but dirt biking at top speed with other human players is a blast.

You don't have to do every single side quest or mission or anything, just killing each lieutenant per region.

this game totally flew under my radar but it does sound kind of amazing?

like open world rainbow six you can play with bros?

will probably get in on ps4 when it goes on sale.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    Wildlands seems like a game that they should be selling as a discounted 4-pack

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options

Yeah, I don't think this is any worse than drinking mystery moonshine out of a test tube in grad school, and in fact likely much much much better since you intend to create the sort of flavors that I like in alcohol. Plus I've happily had people's homebrew mead and cider. It's just that in the past I've only really seen the end product of homebrews, not all of the chemistry bits.

The peach wine doesn't taste peachy, unfortunately. The blackberry also doesn't taste black...berry...y... but it has a hint of it. If I were doing this again, I'd have dumped peach slices or blackberries in with the secondary, on top of the stuff I used in primary.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular

Pfth wait? Impossible.

I mean at that price how can you not do it? Fill every cabinet with a carboy, you know you want to.

I miss homebrewing beer sometimes. No room to do it right now and it was getting a little pricey and time consuming. One day I'll do it again! I made Obama's white house honey ale thing once, it was great.

• Options

Pfth wait? Impossible.

I mean at that price how can you not do it? Fill every cabinet with a carboy, you know you want to.

I miss homebrewing beer sometimes. No room to do it right now and it was getting a little pricey and time consuming. One day I'll do it again! I made Obama's white house honey ale thing once, it was great.

I don't know if it'll be any good, and also Querry's job as girlfriend is to stop me from delving too far down any abstract holes.

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Shivahn, I'm not sure what your process is, but my meads take about 2 months to ferment.

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    The YouTube vid I just watched was preceded by an advert for Yu-Gi-Oh featuring attractive people playing the card game outdoors in the sunlight. The disconnect from reality was physically jarring.

• Options
    Nova_C wrote: »
    Shivahn, I'm not sure what your process is, but my meads take about 2 months to ferment.

Basically everything online says that you really should let them sit an extra three months or so after racking, and then another three or so in the bottle. I could probably drink it sooner, but it sounds like that'd improve the flavor dramatically?

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    OH MY GOD

RIP

Alcohol is poison though

• Options
    edited March 2017
    Bogart wrote: »
    The YouTube vid I just watched was preceded by an advert for Yu-Gi-Oh featuring attractive people playing the card game outdoors in the sunlight. The disconnect from reality was physically jarring.

there's a movie based on one of Jack Chick's tracts about how roleplayers are the coolest kids in school and they're basically hot 30 year olds who are in highschool and D&D gives you actual magical powers from satan and you hold parties with attractive people wearing leather

it's unintentionally a comedy

override367 on
  • Options
    I MEAN

IM NOT REALLY HERE I ALREADY LEFT BECAUSE I AM LEAVING YOU ALL >:(

• Options
    stop me from delving too far down any abstract holes.
    I've been sitting here for a good 30 seconds looking at this like, "Yep, that's Shivahn alright" without much more to add.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    My previous conversation made me look up Dead Space's overarching plot.

They did finally explain where all the bad things came from, it seems, which is nice, and the answer was a little derivative but also suitably horrifying.
    also ties into the title pleasingly, and proposed a novel and upsetting answer to the Fermi paradox

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I MEAN

Don't leave Neco, I just got back.

• Options
    stop me from delving too far down any abstract holes.
    I've been sitting here for a good 30 seconds looking at this like, "Yep, that's Shivahn alright" without much more to add.

She is a check on what would otherwise be untethered madness.

• Options
    Neco wrote: »
    I MEAN

You can sign out any time you like but you can never leave

• Options
    but for real, what's the "traditional" birds and Bees talk?

i'm just really confused here.

My parents gave me the "penises and vaginas" talk early on and then i got comprehensive sex ed.......
    "Mine was the penis goes into the Vagina. Here is a dirty mag to give you an overview of the mechanics. Keep it I don't want it back."

Seriously? that is kinda fucked up.
    Not really. It's an uncomfortable topic for parents, and hustler literally has 100s of pictures.

He also said I'll buy you condoms if you need them, please don't knock anyone up.

sure but uncomfortable topic or not, he could've handed you one of those books that actually explains all that shit.

like this or something (I dunno which books are any good in the US)
    ...How would my dad know this? He wasn't able to google it, the only people he could ask, are his buddies, or work peeps, his dad (grandpa) was born in the 1910s, and was a fucken dick.

My moms was even worst. "So uhh...is there anything you want to know..about it?" "Nope I gotta pretty good handle on how things work." "Oh thank god, let's order pizza."

I'm pretty sure you can buy those things in bookstores too, though perhaps some group banned them in your place for "think of the children" reasons.

i'm not attacking you or your dad here, I'm just saying that a dirty mag is not education and the situation where that is better than what you get at school is kinda fucked up.
    Oh god, the school was pretty awful. You know who's seen slides of what herpes can do to someone who's immune system has been compromised by HIV? Me, because that's how my school rolled.
    it's fucken awful.

• Options
    >:(

• Options
    Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »

Basically everything online says that you really should let them sit an extra three months or so after racking, and then another three or so in the bottle. I could probably drink it sooner, but it sounds like that'd improve the flavor dramatically?

I don't rack. I use yeast nutrient to minimize yeast stress, which means I don't need to age as long. I do age when I can, and it does make it better, but it's not necessary.

This discussion has been closed.