Options

[Chat]al warming

• Options
    IreneDAdlerIreneDAdler Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Preacher wrote: »
    I saw Ninja Scroll I know what asian women do with snakes!

:roll:

Did you like that? We can do this all day. Now that I know you're provoking me on purpose, I'd rather die than give you that satisfaction.

Dr. Irene you are no fun, you cheat, I no play with you anymore Dr. Irene.

Ahahahahahaha <3

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Glad you got the ref, I put the Dr. there to make it more obvious.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    I hope to go to PAX this year
    Yeah me too. I'm probably be like the oldest guy there and also the nerd funk will probably knock me over. I'll bring some menthol to rub under my nose.

Oh god

I'm used to the high hipster/normal person to nerd ration of D&D... I guess that's not really the case for the rest of PAX though huh?

Man I didn't think we really had any hipsters besides maybe Cel.

I've never really been to a "Con" either though my parents stayed at a hotel where an Anime convention was coincidentally being held and I looked around a little at that. It was seriously disorienting to me.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    As much as I like meeting forumers I really don't think I'll ever bother going to a PAX.

See, if it were within an hour of me, I'd probably go for a night just to take it all in.
    I haven't really heard good things about the actual convention part of PAX.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I just went browsing for Christmas gifts.

What my dad wants will cost around $115. What my mom wants will cost around $10. I'll see if I can talk her into another gift, one that's at least worth 10% of my dad's gift's value :P

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Yeah me too. I'm probably be like the oldest guy there and also the nerd funk will probably knock me over. I'll bring some menthol to rub under my nose.

Oh god

I'm used to the high hipster/normal person to nerd ration of D&D... I guess that's not really the case for the rest of PAX though huh?

I can't imagine nerds hanging around a forum for a webcomic devoted to video games.

EDIT: However, I have noticed an astoundingly large number of normal people that hang around D&D. It's breaking my re-conceived notion of the internet on a daily basis.

I don't really venture out of D&D, so I sort of unconciously assume the rest of the boards are similar even though I know that's wrong. G+T SE++ those are all fertile breeding grounds for socially retarded forumers. D and D of course has its own nerds but relatively speaking we're well off.

My boyfriend agrees that guys look cuter in hoodies, santa hats, board shorts, and pajama pants. Funny, everything but the board shorts go together.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    damn you stupid Sorenson squeeze faster!

... o_O

In Re: PAX -- I went both years I was living in Bellevue, but I didn't meet anyone either. It's not ideal for just meandering in with your RL friends. I would totally go back if we set up a D&D meetup, though. I've been wanting to see my friends again for some time, too.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Oh god

I've never really been to a "Con" either though my parents stayed at a hotel where an Anime convention was coincidentally being held and I looked around a little at that. It was seriously disorienting to me.

Seriously? Parse through the vitriol in the fashion thread. We sure as hell have hipsters around, of varying degrees of course.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    So tired.

I want to go to bed and/or possibly die. Either one would be acceptable at this point.

If you were ambitious you'd do both. Just goes to show what a little ambition will get you.
    Some fucking peace, at last?

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited December 2007
    A PAX for the east coast would be amazing. Alternatively, the road trip to Seattle would also be amazing.

We threaten to do a NYC/ Boston/ Philly/ DC Pax from time to time but no one really seems to have the space to really host even a relatively small one. Whenever the Boston kids do anything to get together I make an effort to go. I'm alwyas up for meeting fellow Discordians, though I've not had the opportunity to meet more than a few.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    KrunkMcGrunkKrunkMcGrunk Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    As much as I like meeting forumers I really don't think I'll ever bother going to a PAX.

See, if it were within an hour of me, I'd probably go for a night just to take it all in.
    I haven't really heard good things about the actual convention part of PAX.

Isn't there like music or something?

I mean, let's be real. PAX oozes with nerds. But I would still go once for the experience.

EDIT: Will, that had to have been scarring for your parents to walk into something like that.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    gundam470gundam470 Drunk Gorilla CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My cats generally sleep on the bed part of the night.

My cat doesn't like being on the bed for some reason. I can't quite figure it out, because she likes being on the sofa and other soft cushy surfaces. Though maybe she's just wary of beds in general, because we used to have a waterbed as the only bed in the house, and she freaks out on the waterbed, for obvious reasons.

You have multiple cats? OMG PIX!

Maybe you kick when you sleep.

--

Here are my cats:

kitties.jpg

The one on the bed is Apollo and that's where he always sleeps. The one on the bed is Augustus and he likes to nap under the bed which is where he just crawled out from.

gundam470 on
    gorillaSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Oh god

Seriously? Parse through the vitriol in the fashion thread. We sure as hell have hipsters around, of varying degrees of course.

Man I see a lot more of people trying to justify their weird borderline-LARP fashion choices.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited December 2007

There isn't any vitriol in the fashion thread. We're all perfectly civilized people. But god, some people have been posting real embarrassing crap lately. It's like the embodiment of what's wrong with nerd "fashion." But I've been refraining from commenting, because it's not really my place to try to tell them they are awful dressers. I only do that for people I <3

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Oh god

You forgot about Podly. And MrMister is kinda hipsterish.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    When you guys meet up at PAX do you call everyone by their real names or continue to refer to them by their forum names out of habit?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    I wouldn't mind setting up or being a part of set up for a d&d meet up at pax, since I live in the area anyway.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    <3 Songs and Dances of Death

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    Oh god

You forgot about Podly. And MrMister is kinda hipsterish.

Nah he's just a gay that's good at being gay.

Mr Mr on the other hand...

*rimshot*

It looks like the time around christmas could turn out to be a mini mini - boston PAX.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    When you guys meet up at PAX do you call everyone by their real names or continue to refer to them by their forum names out of habit?

Having met people out of game in real life it's sad but you call them their internet names. You just can't avoid it!

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    gundam470 wrote: »
    My cats generally sleep on the bed part of the night.

My cat doesn't like being on the bed for some reason. I can't quite figure it out, because she likes being on the sofa and other soft cushy surfaces. Though maybe she's just wary of beds in general, because we used to have a waterbed as the only bed in the house, and she freaks out on the waterbed, for obvious reasons.

You have multiple cats? OMG PIX!

Maybe you kick when you sleep.

I don't think so, or my boyfriend would have complained by now. But that's not really an issue. It's like if I pick her up and put her on the bed, she'll desperately try to jump off. I do believe it's because she's scared of beds in general, actually. Probably traumatized from that one time my boyfriend picked her up and tossed her in the middle of the waterbed.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Maybe should I post my clothes in the fashion thread

It's all rather boring

Plain coloured skirts/trousers with long-sleeved, plain coloured v-neck (mostly) tops.

Janson on
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    I wouldn't mind setting up or being a part of set up for a d&d meet up at pax, since I live in the area anyway.
    I try to call forumers by their real name in person but slip up.

Dynagrip on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    EDIT: Will, that had to have been scarring for your parents to walk into something like that.

They were surprisingly open-minded about it. I was ready to run around shoving people and my parents were all "oh those kids - it's like halloween"

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    DocDoc Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2007
    There are tons of nerds at PAX, but the only time they got on my nerves was during the Q&A sessions when some guy with asperger's would get to the microphone and tell a longwinded, awkward story about something that happened in World of Warcraft as background info for his question.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Kusu is kinda hipster-ish as well. A hipster in training, if you will.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Doc wrote: »
    There are tons of nerds at PAX, but the only time they got on my nerves was during the Q&A sessions when some guy with asperger's would get to the microphone and tell a longwinded, awkward story about something that happened in World of Warcraft as background info for his question.

haha, Asperger's. There has never been a more hilarious disease.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Richy wrote: »

What my dad wants will cost around $115. What my mom wants will cost around $10. I'll see if I can talk her into another gift, one that's at least worth 10% of my dad's gift's value :P

Hey Richy, I saw an ad in a flyer for a set of poker chips. 30 bucks for the case, chips, two decks of cards--your basic 500 chip set. Would you like me to grab that for you?

LaOs on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Forum names, because it's so very much easier, since it's just for a weekend. People from PA who I end up hanging out with regularly I usually call by their real names.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

When Shinto and I met fightinfilipino and a few other guys, we all introduced ourselves with our internet names and our real names. fightinfilipino referrred to it as a "retarded Matrix moment" which I thought was awesome.

Anyways, my internet name and real name are about the same. Jeff and Eddy have that going for them as well.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I tried listening to that speech posted up by tycho a while back from the last PAX. The one that was supposed to be so affirming to all geeks. I had to turn it off after like 5 minutes.

I am so tired of the wah poor me persecuted geek bullcrap. If you got picked on in highschool it wasn't because you were a geek, it's because you sucked.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    LaOs wrote: »

Hey Richy, I saw an ad in a flyer for a set of poker chips. 30 bucks for the case, chips, two decks of cards--your basic 500 chip set. Would you like me to grab that for you?
    Plastic or clay?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    edited December 2007

Having met people out of game in real life it's sad but you call them their internet names. You just can't avoid it!

Well, yeah, cuz it's the name you know them by.

IreneDAdler on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited December 2007

When Shinto and I met fightinfilipino and a few other guys, we all introduced ourselves with our internet names and our real names. fightinfilipino referrred to it as a "retarded Matrix moment" which I thought was awesome.

Anyways, my internet name and real name are about the same. Jeff and Eddy have that going for them as well.

Me too.

KrunkMcGrunk on
    mrsatansig.png
  • Options
    HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Forumer name, usually.

Hacksaw on
  • Options
    JansonJanson Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    It's really odd when people actually call me Janson. I try to get people to use my real name.

Janson on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    My name is Steve.

Doc on
  • Options
    edited December 2007
    Well I am neither a preacher nor named Preacher. So uhh you may call be my slave name, Biggus Dickus.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Thinatos wrote: »
    LaOs wrote: »

Plastic or clay?

I forget. I know they were 11.5 gram, though. I could send to you, if you'd like.

LaOs on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If anyone called me any of my internet handles over my real name I'd probably give them a very blank stare.

Inquisitor on
This discussion has been closed.