Options

Floaking [chat]

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Oh god this guy at my work just used "bandwidth" as a corporate-speak word for "if you have time to do this."

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    hmm

good, wholesome heroes?

https://youtu.be/TLX1bmS8wBE

RON after you posted one of these the other night I watched like 2hrs worth of bob ross videos it was amazing

I WATCH THEM constantly they help me fall asleep

also it like

softens my perspective

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular
    I have a family relative who is reasonably bright but is just absolutely convinced that major sports are doctored in some fashion to drive up viewership

like, not in the sense that the rules are changed to attract viewers we all know that but like

he claims the exciting 13-12 world series game from last night was obviously orchestrated by the MLB there's no way those pitchers and closers would pitch so poorly etc etc

it's very head scratching that this is the conspiracy he's latched onto and not like, chem trails or w/e

It's always been mildly compelling to me that basketball refs call to make the games more exciting, but that's an incredibly minor tilt on a massively high scoring game with subjective fouls and very high shot percentages. Rigging baseball seems much harder.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    milski wrote: »
    I have a family relative who is reasonably bright but is just absolutely convinced that major sports are doctored in some fashion to drive up viewership

like, not in the sense that the rules are changed to attract viewers we all know that but like

he claims the exciting 13-12 world series game from last night was obviously orchestrated by the MLB there's no way those pitchers and closers would pitch so poorly etc etc

it's very head scratching that this is the conspiracy he's latched onto and not like, chem trails or w/e

It's always been mildly compelling to me that basketball refs call to make the games more exciting, but that's an incredibly minor tilt on a massively high scoring game with subjective fouls and very high shot percentages. Rigging baseball seems much harder.

There's such a thing as basketball that's ... too exciting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4afzQyGo5Q

• Options
    YoshisummonsYoshisummons You have to let the dead vote, otherwise you'd just kill people you disagree with!Registered User regular
    Morning butts, buttes and bulettes.

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »

To his defense on that the two teams have both said the ball feels strange and slicker and there is talk on ESPN that the balls may be juiced as a way to make the games higher scoring and more exciting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/06/29/mlb-juiced-ball-home-runs/440203001/

whoa

It's not really a conspiracy though. It affects everyone so whatever. It's definitely true though. They wanted more offense

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    Hm yesterday was our anniversary and Pinecone and I were kinda planning on being sexy but instead we watched most of Over The Garden Wall and fell asleep a+ evening

also he took me to my first Kundalini class and I d i e d my core muscles will not forgive me also he said he'd pay for me to go every week so I will, it was amazingggggg 9-9 the guy who teaches it is so nice and has such a lovely singing voice, and is so encouraging and kind

uhhh @firewaterword and @TL DR

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    Morning butts, buttes and bulettes.

bulette2.jpg

• Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Don't forget guys we have daylight savings time on sunday so like

Well whatever nobody has to do shit anymore because everything is either automatic or nobody gives a fuck about it like microwave clocks.

I still have an analog watch I wear because I'm stuck in the past and reject the future.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man is Mario so good.

• Options

There's such a thing as basketball that's ... too exciting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4afzQyGo5Q

Jon Bois is a beautiful, brilliant man

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Hi chat! Finally made it home.

Except I'm still on east coast time and got up at 3:30AM and it suuuuuuucks.

Hello person who I don't think I've met on here yet! :D

Hey there new friendo, how's things?

Alright I guess, though I do feel a bit green.

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular

I think there's an inherent human bias to slightly favor the losing team when officiating, yeah.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man is Mario so good.

Thiiiiiis close to buying a switch for it.

Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    that pretty good episode is my favorite

it becomes increasingly bizarre and surreal

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    edited October 2017
    y2jake215 wrote: »

To his defense on that the two teams have both said the ball feels strange and slicker and there is talk on ESPN that the balls may be juiced as a way to make the games higher scoring and more exciting.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2017/06/29/mlb-juiced-ball-home-runs/440203001/

whoa

It's not really a conspiracy though. It affects everyone so whatever. It's definitely true though. They wanted more offense

it doesn't seem like it would affect everyone equally!

I don't really care about baseball but if you build your team around a strong pitching unit you're gonna be put at a disadvantage when pitching is suddenly weakened across the board I tihnk

Sir Landshark on
    Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    that pretty good episode is my favorite

it becomes increasingly bizarre and surreal

As he said, there's no story arc to the game. Just points.

I ate an engineer
  • Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man is Mario so good.

Its not very long if you has friend that has Switch that will let you play it. But one of my favorite marios of all time.

• Options
    Blameless ClericBlameless Cleric An angel made of sapphires each more flawlessly cut than the last Registered User regular
    This is day 2 of intense rain and wind; since our house is tall and we live on the top two stories I feel like we really get the brunt of the wind. There are lots of trees around the house, too, and we're right at the height where their larger branches are, so it is quite loud.

It's nice, but also a little scary sometimes! Early in the summer we had a similar stormy period and a tree limb fell against the side of the house, right on the window by where we sit in the living room

Orphane wrote: »

one flower ring to rule them all and in the sunlightness bind them

I'd love it if you took a look at my art and my PATREON!
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    Hm yesterday was our anniversary and Pinecone and I were kinda planning on being sexy but instead we watched most of Over The Garden Wall and fell asleep a+ evening

also he took me to my first Kundalini class and I d i e d my core muscles will not forgive me also he said he'd pay for me to go every week so I will, it was amazingggggg 9-9 the guy who teaches it is so nice and has such a lovely singing voice, and is so encouraging and kind

uhhh firewaterword and "TL DR"

Right on! I have never taken a Kundalini class but I understand they can be super intense. I do use Kapalabhati breathing occasionally for sinus relief, which I think they call breath of fire in Kundalini, and that's some pretty good stuff for sure.

I went to a three hour psoas workshop yesterday and my god, after a month on the road for work, it was the best thing ever. Woke up a bunch of muscles and felt incredible when I got up this morning.

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    New Mario really good, so is Destiny 2 on PC and TheKoolEagle made me get some Empyrion Galactic Survival game that seems interesting.

• Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Today is gonna be my first time leading a book club. This should be interesting.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    kedinikkedinik Captain of Industry Registered User regular
    @firewaterword

I dated a yoga-teacher-in-training for a while and it was great

She practiced her yoga teaching by giving me yoga lessons, A+ dating experience

I made a game! Hotline Maui. Requires mouse and keyboard.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Don't forget guys we have daylight savings time on sunday so like

Well whatever nobody has to do shit anymore because everything is either automatic or nobody gives a fuck about it like microwave clocks.

i have a microwave clock, oven clock, and coffee maker clock in my kitchen and setting them all to change at the same time takes me basically forever and drives me insane

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular

I mean, as long as both sides are using the same baseball, I'm down.

Although MLB is super peculiar about their baseballs. They literally have 1 vendor for dirt they rub on the ball before it enters play. I dunno maybe players are just hitting the balls harder, or there is a new type of performance enhancing drug in use.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    zepherin wrote: »
    The company Hatchetman is stuck in an airport, because his flight got cancelled. I find this funny in a way. I guess I'll work for the rest of the day.

are you still expecting to get fired?
    Well it's weird, so like I do, but I just got 2 awards for our 8(a) protege so I had a side bar with him and he's like don't worry he'll pick me up.

But he's a bit of a flake.

And if the elevator company who I interviewed with makes me an offer I'm saying dueces to both of them, because it is a lot of money and I'm pretty good at elevators.

I guess you could say

You're rising to the occasion.

Your career is getting a lift.

You've found a way to move on up.
    The great thing about elevator jokes is they work on every level.

I got fourteen jokes but thirteenth ain't one.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    the secret to mediocre superglue is a clamp and some patience

aRkpc.gif
  • Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Assassins Creed: Origins Update.

This is the prettiest game I have ever played. The world is exceptionally well realized, huge in the way that AssCreed hasn't been in a very long time if ever. It has a compelling narrative and a protagonist who smiles and tries to do good things amidst his murdering sprees in the sandbox... this is a breath of fresh air into the series and something that you can tell it took them a very long time to do. It definitely feels like they played The Witcher 3 and thought it was the best thing ever while making this game, and that isn't a bad thing.

What the fuck were they thinking releasing this the same day as Mario Odyssey and Wolfenstein?! I would have delayed a couple weeks, launched with the xbox 1x as a true 4K stunning thing to get a good attach rate there, and not let two other massive titles compete for oxygen at launch.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    The company Hatchetman is stuck in an airport, because his flight got cancelled. I find this funny in a way. I guess I'll work for the rest of the day.

are you still expecting to get fired?
    Well it's weird, so like I do, but I just got 2 awards for our 8(a) protege so I had a side bar with him and he's like don't worry he'll pick me up.

But he's a bit of a flake.

And if the elevator company who I interviewed with makes me an offer I'm saying dueces to both of them, because it is a lot of money and I'm pretty good at elevators.

I guess you could say

You're rising to the occasion.

Your career is getting a lift.

You've found a way to move on up.
    The great thing about elevator jokes is they work on every level.

I got fourteen jokes but thirteenth ain't one.

I had a weird feeling in San Fran when I realized that I was staying on the 14th floor.

Of course, that particular hotel had screwy numbering, because it had 3 levels under the properly numbered floors (street, Atrium, and one that wasn't serviced by the elevator normally). So.. technically I was no where near the 13th floor, but it gave me flashbacks to Babylon 5.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    kedinik wrote: »
    firewaterword

I dated a yoga-teacher-in-training for a while and it was great

She practiced her yoga teaching by giving me yoga lessons, A+ dating experience

I'll bet!

Really hoping I'll be able to do the rest of mine next year. Doubt I'd ever try to make a thing of it, but I've learned so much so far.

• Options
    syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Also, Assassin's Creed spoilers for the first 7ish hours:
    Him losing his finger by misusing the hidden blade was badass and a great nod to the tradition / Altair.

Also, I have already killed everyone on that conspiracy tab... seems waaaaay too early for that to remain a static thing.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    Man is Mario so good.

Its not very long if you has friend that has Switch that will let you play it. But one of my favorite marios of all time.

Yeah I'm trying to resist the impulse buy. But having it for travel would be pretty cool. Will probably wait for more games to come out. Mario and Zelda are the only ones I'm interested in, and I've already played a ton of Zelda on the wiiu.

• Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Dang Kevin Spacey

You have to let us west coasters get caught up on Monday morning news

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    desc wrote: »
    Dang Kevin Spacey

You have to let us west coasters get caught up on Monday morning news

https://youtu.be/Z0GFRcFm-aY

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    y2jake215 wrote: »

whoa

Yeah and there has been a huge change in the number of runs and quality of pitching as a result. The weird thing is that the MLB is acting like nothing has changed and all the pitchers are just crazy and being mum about any changes to the balls. It is also especially odd since you consider the whole reason they don't want aluminum bats is to preserver tradition when that would likely be a better route to enhancing the offense of a game.

• Options
    ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    Aw dang my tablet won't turn on...

• Options
    Man is Mario so good.

Yeah I'm trying to resist the impulse buy. But having it for travel would be pretty cool. Will probably wait for more games to come out. Mario and Zelda are the only ones I'm interested in, and I've already played a ton of Zelda on the wiiu.

One of the biggest surprises of the switch is that it is just plain fucking cool playing full-fat console games on the go, enough so that you strongly consider rebuying a bunch of indy darlings and older ports.

With rare exception, if the game is on both the switch and the xbox, I will buy the switch version so that I can play it on the train ride into work, and on the road.

AssCreed's visuals are a huge part of the draw so I am less likely to want that game on the switch, but pretty much everything else I can live with something that looks as good as a top-tier xbox 360 game / bottom rung xbox one game.

SW-4158-3990-6116
  • Options
    I really want to get back into Assassin's Creed. But I burned through the Ezio trilogy fairly quickly (in a year or two?) and then Assassin's Creed 3 came out and I got it on the Wii U and just.. couldn't finish it. So I have no clue what happened with Desmond and the end of the world, and I really kinda sorta don't want to move on without closure...

This discussion has been closed.