As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Star Wars]: The Last Jedi - A completely uncontroversial film. TAG SPOILERS

• Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Yeah I loved the first one but I'm not a fan of the loot boxes and I'm not a huge fan of the in game points system either.

I'm not that great at video games, which is fine, but in this game, the only way to do the fun things is to be good at things. Earn in round points and then pay to play the cool stuff.

Which means I don't get to play any of the cool unique characters, and the people who do unlock them get extra points as it is easier to kill people and can pay to play more cool things.

In the beta I got to unlock a plane once. And since I hadn't managed to play it before I immediately got shot down.

And I know this is a somewhat common system, but it is one that I do not have fun with.

In the beta I got to play as Rey once

For the last 15 seconds of a match

One time I had enough points to play as a wookie.

There were no slots available.

• Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I liked the meatgrinder of the old battlefront
    With it's choke points and blind corners so much fun was had

I just wonder how fast the game will become a ghost town on PC
    I do want to get it just there are a bunch of things holding me back from it

• Options
    GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    The colourist is a very important in job in comics. Even more important since the dawn of digital colouring.

• Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    The art on Vader and now, I guess, Star Wars is pretty bad.

• Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    Well, we're headed to Cloud World to get SHITFAAAAAAAAAAACED!!

*silence*

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

At least it's not Loss.jpg.

• Options
    WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    That third panel with Luke is all, Oh hi Mark

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    Daypigeon wrote: »
    battlefront 2 being a mess, transaction-wise, really sucks

i was hoping they'd gotten things right this time

"getting it right" means a lot different thing to EA than to us

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Ceno wrote: »
    EA has reduced the in-game cost for its hero characters by 75% in response to the torrent of criticism.

And also reduced some of the rewards by 75%.

Not even kidding.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    That is...

Just some really poor decision making

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    I'm a gigantic nerd so Fartoo playing the contra victory theme is still my favorite.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Edit: eh, nevermind.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Heroin

Will always be my favorite line.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited November 2017
    Fawst wrote: »
    C-3PO is one of the greatest achievements in parody. I have tears in my eyes. "THE SINGULARITY ENGINE!!!" Just done. This subforum's name will probably make me grin any time I read it from now on.

Creepio is so good he got himself written into canon:
    ht0iqhb.jpg
    bz9sxazscxuvm4rnzjuh.png

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Fawst wrote: »
    C-3PO is one of the greatest achievements in parody. I have tears in my eyes. "THE SINGULARITY ENGINE!!!" Just done. This subforum's name will probably make me grin any time I read it from now on.

Creepio is so good he got himself written into canon:
    ht0iqhb.jpg
    bz9sxazscxuvm4rnzjuh.png

I want to see these droids get a movie.
    Enough with R2 and 3P0, let's share the spotlight a bit with BT and 000.

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    000 is such a ripoff that it's kind of audacious. They should probably be credited.

• Options
    It's just one of those things that makes me smile every time I see it.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I prefer to read 000's dialogue with Anthony Daniels' C-3PO voice or the Auralnauts creepio voice
    it's hard to choose

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    GreasyKidsStuffGreasyKidsStuff MOMMM! ROAST BEEF WANTS TO KISS GIRLS ON THE TITTIES!Registered User regular
    I think one of my favourite developments in the new expanded universe is Threepio's new role as head of the droid intelligence for the Resistance. His storyline in Poe Dameron was really fun.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Having Creepio and his r-unit counterpart with its impossible amount of guns in the actual Darth Vader comic instead of some kind of satire book doesn't really work for me. Having Vader run around with some whacky evil sidekicks puts him into Disney movie villain territory...which he technically is now anyway, so what do I know.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    Having Creepio and his r-unit counterpart with its impossible amount of guns in the actual Darth Vader comic instead of some kind of satire book doesn't really work for me. Having Vader run around with some whacky evil sidekicks puts him into Disney movie villain territory...which he technically is now anyway, so what do I know.

He doesn't actually run around with them though. He sends them on missions while he does his own thing. And they aren't even his sidekicks.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I thought Vader's relationship with Aphra was really good, in that she likes being this adventurous criminal scoundrel on the Empire's dime and then is occasionally reminded that Vader does not care about her and will murder her as and when it becomes more convenient for him than keeping her around

• Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Yeah if Aphra wasn't in the book it would be basically nothing but grim Empire politics and Vader murdering 24/7

She gives it some much needed levity and also provides a more ground level viewpoint for the story

She's great and I really need to read her solo title

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    I actually really dug the "Vader deals with courtly politics on a volcano planet" arc which had some good dry wit
    And like... some weirdly motivational sentiments from the Dark Lord himself

• Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    I'm not sure if I prefer to read 000's dialogue with Anthony Daniels' C-3PO voice or the Auralnauts creepio voice
    it's hard to choose

Definitely Creepio. Though at this point, I've seen the Auralnauts videos more times than the prequels.

• Options
    edited November 2017
    Dedwrekka wrote: »
    honovere wrote: »

He doesn't actually run around with them though. He sends them on missions while he does his own thing. And they aren't even his sidekicks.

Vader doesn't care about their personality quirks, so long as they follow orders and kill who he wants them to. Which they do. It's played for laughs for the audience, but Vader never gets caught up directly in their shenanigans.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
  • Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    maybe battlefront II will crash hard and disney will give the ip rights to a company that will actually make a good game

but I doubt this will crash hard, there's too much cultural buy in for star wars.

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    GustavGustav Friend of Goats Somewhere in the OzarksRegistered User regular
    I saw some of the Kev Walker art on the Doctor Aphra book.

It is a very good looking book.

aGPmIBD.jpg
  • Options
    CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    I'm part of the problem because I preordered on PSN before all the lootbox info dropped, given how much I loved the 2015 game

Then the lootbox stuff dropped and when I asked Sony if I could cancel my preorder, they said - hang on, let me check my notes here... hmmm - ah here it is - "go fuck yourself".

So I may as well have as much fun with it as I can, considering I'm stuck with it.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    Everyone in the comics who isn't a character from the films looks way better than everyone who is.

• Options
    Hmm, I thought Leia and Luke were done pretty well? I even started warming up to their new VAs.

• Options
    Ceno wrote: »
    I'm part of the problem because I preordered on PSN before all the lootbox info dropped, given how much I loved the 2015 game

Then the lootbox stuff dropped and when I asked Sony if I could cancel my preorder, they said - hang on, let me check my notes here... hmmm - ah here it is - "go fuck yourself".

So I may as well have as much fun with it as I can, considering I'm stuck with it.

that suuuucccccccks dude

• Options
    jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Stolen from Tumblr:

6j8jnb69yk68.png

• Options
    Darth WaiterDarth Waiter Elrond Hubbard Mordor XenuRegistered User regular
    BF2 tanking because of the loot boxes pisses me off since both of my younger brothers and myself are giant Star Wars nerds, and we would have spent a lot of time on the multiplayer, possibly even the occasional five bucks to unlock something neat while one or two of us was at work.

• Options
    KarlKarl Registered User regular
    The thing is, people are not going to have the majority of the content unlocked before the next BF comes out simply because who has the fucking time these days?

Well...kids but they don't have the disposable income the loot box mechanic was meant to capture.

• Options
    So right now you can’t buy stuff with real money in Battlefront. Rumor has it Disney jumped down EA’s throat and now suddenly all the social media managers for BF are saying some big announcement is happening tomorrow.

• Options
    If they change the whole structure I’ll be incredibly surprised. If there’s a bigger change than the 75 percent drop I’d expect it to be an increase in the amount of credits you earn.

• Options
    Official statement is out:

Micro transactions are out. Progression is earned in-game only.

• Options
This discussion has been closed.