EM stop [chat]ting and get artsifying.

I'm at work so I cannot do this

• Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

I still stand by my previous post

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    DynagripDynagrip Break me a million hearts HoustonRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dynagrip wrote: »
    Also, suppose it's time to find out of I'm a +1, -1 for the dinner thing tomorrow. Kind of interesting how much you can read into things in an attempt to discern someone else's intentions. Like saying they think they're getting sick a couple of nights ago and then becoming very terse over text, whereas they were initiative and chatty before. And like, they either took their OKC profile down (possible, but doubt it) or they went ahead and got the jump on blocking. Anyhoo, no worries. I just want to know like what my travel plans and stuff are going to be like tomorrow. If she is going I've got to drive all the way out to jamaica plain and then take the T to the restaurant. That is a lot of time in transit. If it's just me I might take the commuter rail into town and prepare to get smashed, with no drive back to worry about.

I would say good luck but idk what would be good here!

eh, I just want to get my plans for tomorrow sorted out. Not sure how I feel exactly. Would be bummed out not due specifically to the lady in question and the change in dinner plans but rather the implications to my overall dating situation that I don't really feel like getting into. I'm about to have so much more free time, would be nice if I could stay in the game unabated but taking me leave for a bit might be the better choice.

edit: on second thought, reading my posts more closely, i think it would in fact bum me out a bit.

lol

"I'll know for sure tomorrow"

That is like the least useful answer possible, maybe even more so than utter silence. Tempted to push the issue and just get it over with, this is pretty lame.

maybe they really are sick tho

might be but I think based on the other stuff that's not the main issue. And she's mentioned in the past about canceling things kind of last minute that she didn't have an active hand in planning, and well, the sudden comms drop, so...

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    EM consider an elf, an elf would never let work get in the way of art.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »
    I don't know if I'm going to get this art shit done in time. I've got three big pieces done-ish and I will make a fourth by splitting part off of one, but I want to do like... two more big ones or four small ones and that's

so much

That seems like a lot. When are you supposed to submit it all?

I want to print and frame stuff this weekend. It's going up on the 16th. I have time but still.

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I overheard two high school kids talking at the gym the other day and the following dating terms came up

just talking
    going steady
    seeing
    dating

all of which apparently had different meanings

Some folks move past the first date shark.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I overheard two high school kids talking at the gym the other day and the following dating terms came up

just talking
    going steady
    seeing
    dating

Ah kids, they think they invented things.

But little do they realize the 1 Legged Flamingo Monte Carlo has been done before by better people.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    Honk wrote: »
    EM consider an elf, an elf would never let work get in the way of art.

This is provocation

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Macabre Death Shrimp is the name of my next band.

It's an appetizer at my Poe-themed popup restaurant.

• Options

not with that attitude.

• Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    going steady?

Is Shark posting from the 1950s?

Or have our kids just gotten lame?

• Options
    Also, suppose it's time to find out of I'm a +1, -1 for the dinner thing tomorrow. Kind of interesting how much you can read into things in an attempt to discern someone else's intentions. Like saying they think they're getting sick a couple of nights ago and then becoming very terse over text, whereas they were initiative and chatty before. And like, they either took their OKC profile down (possible, but doubt it) or they went ahead and got the jump on blocking. Anyhoo, no worries. I just want to know like what my travel plans and stuff are going to be like tomorrow. If she is going I've got to drive all the way out to jamaica plain and then take the T to the restaurant. That is a lot of time in transit. If it's just me I might take the commuter rail into town and prepare to get smashed, with no drive back to worry about.

I would say good luck but idk what would be good here!

eh, I just want to get my plans for tomorrow sorted out. Not sure how I feel exactly. Would be bummed out not due specifically to the lady in question and the change in dinner plans but rather the implications to my overall dating situation that I don't really feel like getting into. I'm about to have so much more free time, would be nice if I could stay in the game unabated but taking me leave for a bit might be the better choice.

edit: on second thought, reading my posts more closely, i think it would in fact bum me out a bit.

lol

"I'll know for sure tomorrow"

That is like the least useful answer possible, maybe even more so than utter silence. Tempted to push the issue and just get it over with, this is pretty lame.

maybe they really are sick tho

might be but I think based on the other stuff that's not the main issue. And she's mentioned in the past about canceling things kind of last minute that she didn't have an active hand in planning, and well, the sudden comms drop, so...

wtf

why are people like this

• Options
    edited April 2018
    Mazzyx wrote: »

just talking
    going steady
    seeing
    dating

Some folks move past the first date shark.

idk why it seems fraught with peril

Sir Landshark on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

It feels like your job is in the way of your art. Quit your job immediately.

• Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    kVz8TJil.jpg

hmmm....

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    They just told people to turn off their smart bag. What a future we live in.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I got ya smart bag.

Right heah.

• Options
    it is the day before I leave for boston

I have an urgent deadline but I was super fucking productive this week and I am ahead of schedule

then our field engineer calls at 6:30pm last night and tells me that the Contractor super mega fucked up one of their drilled shafts and holy shit what are we going to do

bro

bro

bro can you tell these guys to just

just stop

fucking hell

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I got ya smart bag.

Right heah.

Are you pointing at your closet

• Options
    spool32 wrote: »
    I got ya smart bag.

Right heah.

I was thinking it was his nuts

• Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular

I have an urgent deadline but I was super fucking productive this week and I am ahead of schedule

then our field engineer calls at 6:30pm last night and tells me that the Contractor super mega fucked up one of their drilled shafts and holy shit what are we going to do

bro

bro

just stop

fucking hell

Sounds like those contractors

Gave your plans the shaft

8-)

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    He’s pointing at his smart bag and he’s holding the receipt, clearly showing proof of ownership.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Captain UltraCaptain Ultra low resolution pictures of birds Registered User regular
    edited April 2018
    Honk wrote: »
    He’s pointing at his smart bag and he’s holding the receipt, clearly showing proof of ownership.

it better be a gift receipt because he clearly says its "ya smart bag"

Captain Ultra on
  • Options
    SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited April 2018

bro

bro

just stop

fucking hell

I forget which level of the process do you sit at? i thought you were just an engineer

Sleep on
  • Options
    And every one's cell phone just went off with the emergency alert test.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited April 2018

bro

bro

just stop

fucking hell
    You calmly tell him, that the contractor fucked it up, they are going to have to form and fill the hole they drilled with 10,000 PSI structural concrete with steel micro rebar. The contractor will then wait a month for it to harden, then they can drill it again correctly. If they don't want to do that, have them submit a plan to rectify their fuckup and you'll review it next Tuesday.

*Drop the mic*

zepherin on
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular

bro

bro

just stop

fucking hell

You should probably direct your boss's attention to the fact that every time you go on vacation, someone completely fucks up the project.

Or don't, because maybe instead of a raise/promotion he'll just tell you not to go on vacation anymore.

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my health insurance premium is going up by $30 a week this year

woof

fuck this country

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    I got ya smart bag.

Right heah.

that's an heavily implied nut gesture right there.

• Options
    Sleep wrote: »
    I got ya smart bag.

Right heah.

i got ya heavily implied nut gesture right heah

vRyue2p.png
  • Options

bro

bro

just stop

fucking hell

I forget which level off the process do you sit at? i thought you were just an engineer

i am a design engineer, my boss is the engineer of record for this bridge, but he's pretty busy being the boss so most of the ongoing construction issues fall to me

so any field changes during construction, issues with the plans, etc. have to go through us. and with a job this big and complex there's tons of things that come up.

• Options
    KruiteKruite Registered User regular
    yea VH, shark will be condemned to work as an indentured servant for all time

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i wonder what it's like to go on vacation and not have to work through it because it's actually better than trusting anyone you work with

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I got ya smart bag.

Right heah.

All i can think of is goro making a nut gesture with one set of arms, then gesturing to the arms making the nut gesture.

Sleep on
  • Options
    descdesc Goretexing to death Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

woof

fuck this country

>: (

• Options
    I got ya smart bag.

Right heah.

All i can think of is goro making a nut gesture with one set of arms, then gesturing to the arms making the nut gesture.

glad we're on the same page

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    as an old i have learn "thirsty" means horny

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    SIX! THE AUTHOR OF ALL OUR WOES!
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I would murder Six for a latte right now

YES GIVE ME ALL OF YOUR DELICIOUS HATE SO I MAY BATHE IN IT

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    i wonder what it's like to go on vacation and not have to work through it because it's actually better than trusting anyone you work with
    I'm actually really shocked when I don't have to worry.

When I got married, I gave my boss a to do list, and he fucken did it. I was impressed. I didn't have a whole pile of shit waiting for me.

• Options
    desc wrote: »

woof

fuck this country

>: (

on the one hand i do have really good health insurance

like it actually covers things most of the time

This discussion has been closed.