Options

Secret Santa 07: Easter Bunnies Apply Here

• Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ahahaha! My dog just went a little rabid, which usually means some post came, and lo behold an amazon package with The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman!. Who ever you are mystery Hawaiian santa, thank you very much :D

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    FedEx came today.
    YIPPIE!

The letter was of a clearly worn out piece of notebook paper, tri-folded, with
    OPEN FIRST!
    OR DON'T, SEE IF I CARE
    (JERK)

scrawled on the front. How festive.
    Once unfolded, the merryment began.

TOTALLY OFFICIAL BADASS
    LETTER HEAD
    IMPROVOLONE
    (note: my santa seems to like caps, as the entire note is written in them. However, in my transcription, I will tone it down... for your sake.)

Damn your incessant need to thwart my ability to discern your gift wishes with the taunting sig. I forum stalked you until I realized you set up residence in H/A. I had considered being an ashole and filling a crate with self help books. A search of strcitly G&(he used a different and sign which I am unable to reproduce here) T posts yeilded better results, namely your ownership of fine Nintendo systems such as the Vii and the Virtual DS thingy. Google pointed me to some wholly refutable gaming sites headquarted in Singakong or somewhere in Asia. Anyways please enjoy these fine genuine products from Nintendu. Many Bothan children died during the manufacturing. Let their efforts not be in vain. Propel your satisfaction over the bodies of the falled.
    Happy Holidays,
    EvilBadman
    -Do not trust this man-

I love me some Nintendu.
    Along with this rather... fearful (the hand drawn images of eagles and bloody swords (HOLY SHIT!) in the margins caused this emotion) letter, were some nice gifts.

322322b.jpg
    and
    2291_1.JPG

Sweeeet. The shirt is however an X-Large, and I am 5''10 155... which my Santa would have known had he found the resume I posted in a H/A thread concerning acting resumes... but that is neither here nor there as I can return this to Hot Topic for an appropiate size.

But wait, whats this? Inside the stocking? A final gift perhaps?
    wii-points-20061118032838390.jpg

Holy shit! This has proved to be a very awesome gift. But whats best is this heart warming story for all of you out there in internet land...
    Next Christmas will be my son's first Christmas, as he stubberly is refusing to crawl from his vaginal-ish home. Guess what will be his very first stocking? Yup. Mario. I can't wait to tell him that Evil Badman, whom I do not trust, gave this gift to us.

So, Evil Badman, Mr. Santa sir... thank you. If you have a VVii, we should totally trade some friend codes. Friend.
    Mmmmm. Friend.

(Please note that no images above were taken by me, as the digital camera Christmas present has not yet been purchased by me)

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    EvilBadmanEvilBadman DO NOT TRUST THIS MAN Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    The letter was the result of an incredibly boring training class at work, and the all caps was for ease of reading purposes, as I tend to scrawl and scribble hastily and illegibly.

Anyways, when in doubt on buying a shirt, I go XL. Also, the roomate has the wii, but we'll see bout that friend code thing. :D

EvilBadman on
    FyreWulff wrote: »
    I should note that Badman is fucking awesome
    XBL- Evil Badman; Steam- EvilBadman; Twitter - EvilBadman
  • Options
    CyrixdCyrixd Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    After much worrying, I'm glad to hear that my Santee (Kor) received his gift. I hope you (and your wife) enjoy the game!

As for me... I finally opened my gift, after having the box from amazon.com literally sitting on my desk for nearly a month. And inside I found...

ssgiftyf6.th.jpg

Wow!!! That was a big surprise!! I do not have it yet, but I was interested in it when it first came out. Plus I don't have any other tilt-sensitive Wii games yet, and I can't think of a better first.

I was also contacted nearly a month ago by both a third-party and CaptainK, who told me that I had another gift arriving around New Years! I've got one generous Santa :D

Thank you AlphaTwo!

Cyrixd on
    Nintendo ID/PSN: CyrixD
    SteamID: FronWewq
    Battle.net: Orange#1845
    3DS Friend Code: 1289-9498-5797
  • Options
    jedijzjedijz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Hearthjaw wrote: »
    Ahahaha! My dog just went a little rabid, which usually means some post came, and lo behold an amazon package with The Amber Spyglass by Philip Pullman!. Who ever you are mystery Hawaiian santa, thank you very much :D

There's more dude. You just stumbled upon 1 of 4. You can probably guess at what 2 of them will be. Seemed Amazon felt the need to divide up the packages. Also, shipping to Australia is rather costly....

edit: I'm just glad a kangaroo didn't hop off with it.

jedijz on
    Goomba wrote: »
    It is no easy task winning a 1v3. You must jump many a hurdle, bettering three armies, the smallest.

Aye, no mere man may win an uphill battle against thrice your men, it takes a courageous heart and will that makes steel look like copper. When you are that, then, and only then, may you win a 1v3.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/BlindProphet
  • Options
    HearthjawHearthjaw Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    jedijz wrote: »
    Hearthjaw wrote: »

There's more dude. You just stumbled upon 1 of 4. You can probably guess at what 2 of them will be. Seemed Amazon felt the need to divide up the packages. Also, shipping to Australia is rather costly....

edit: I'm just glad a kangaroo didn't hop off with it.
    Yeah amazon are funny like that, regardless I'm certainly looking forward to their arrival. Thank you very much :D And kangaroos arn't the issue, it's them nasty drop bears, they love international shipping.

Hearthjaw on
    steamid: sewersider
  • Options
    Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Just grabbing five minutes internetage at the in-laws to say presents were opened on the big day.

A re-enacting of the event will be staged for the cameras when the holiday whirl is over, but for now it is suffice to say that Basticle is an awesome dude and his gifts were extremely gratefully received. Many thanks!

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, Christmas is over, it's finally time to open up my Secret Santa's gifts, and suffice to say, I couldn't be a happier man then I am just right now!

Nobody prepared me for the sheer awesomeness that I would find in this little package that came a long way from the far away Sunny State California to my house. Shall we see what it contains?

50290219az1.jpg

Oh look, what a nice package he has sent to me! But what could he have possibly hidden there from me? Oh, I know what, let's open it up!
    87134081ry4.jpg

79637849cc4.jpg

Hey, what's that strange yellow thingie in there?
    29311550sk3.jpg

Look, it's Stafi, our all-beloved favourite video game hero! Now I can carry my cute little plush toy everywhere around with me and make all my friends envious! Thank you Santa, I love your present!!!

Oh, no wait, there's even more to come!
    26941595te9.jpg

Ah, so that's why you gave me the Stafi plush - you wanted to tease me until I would take a further look into the box and find the copy of Densetsu no Stafi 4! For those of you who don't know, It's a really fun quirky platformer, and it reminds me of good ol' Kirby in quite alot of ways. And now, whenever I feel like shutting down my DS and going outdoors after hours of playing my fingers wound on this game, I can take my toy Stafi with me to experience my own new and unique adventures! Yay!
    49506044zj4.jpg

It's Osu! Tatakae! Quendan! Awesome! How did you know that EBA is one of my favourite games of all time, and that I was deliberating about importing this game from Japan? I've already sunken more hours into this little gem then I would like to admid, it's really just as great as it's Western counterpart. Also, who would've thought that I'd ever find myself enjoying J-Pop that much?
    72270581fe9.jpg

Kaitou Rousseau!
    To be honest, I've never heard anything about this game before, but from what I understand it's a graphic novel style game about a Japanese highschool student who is also an infamous master thief at night, with the ability to put on various masks to shake off his pursuers. Now, here's the clue: In order to use those maskes, you have to draw them yourselfwith the stylus! It's a really wacky (and funny!) little game, and with this and Mother 3 lying around in my house, I can't help but feel the need to finally take some lessons in Japanese language.

And if like all this wasn't already more then enough, my Santa also got me the full set of NSMB plush dolls, complete with sweet yummy chewing gum inside!
    52530726le2.jpg

67522723sk6.jpg

Look how happy they are!

Last but not least he got me a bag full of super-tasty Scharffen Berger chocolate, to prove everyone entirely wrong who ever claimed that no good chocolate comes out of America!

And here's a picture of the whole loot!
    10rl0.jpg

Thank you, gilrain, for you being truly the most amazing Santa ever!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    O_o Now that is a hook-up.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    O_o Now that is a hook-up.

uh, I guess I've been a little too enthusiastic? :oops:

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • Options
    RoundBoyRoundBoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Soooo... has anyone gotten screwed in this exchange yet? Or do we have a 100% success rate.

someone post our 6 Sigma score!

RoundBoy on
    sig_civwar.jpg
    Librarians harbor a terrible secret. Find it.
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I still haven't heard anything from DHL as to where my santee's package went.. :( He's aware of the fact it was lost at least. Ugh..

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    gilraingilrain Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So, Christmas is over, it's finally time to open up my Secret Santa's gifts, and suffice to say, I couldn't be a happier man then I am just right now!

Nobody prepared me for the sheer awesomeness that I would find in this little package that came a long way from the far away Sunny State California to my house. Shall we see what it contains?

Thank you, gilrain, for you being truly the most amazing Santa ever!
    There are not enough "you're welcomes" for such a cool Santee! I'm glad you're enjoying everything! The Stafi doll doubles as a Luma doll, if you squint your eyes. ;-)

Merry Christmas!

gilrain on
  • Options
    That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Just to let my Santa know if he's out there that I haven't received anything. Hopefully my shady neighbours haven't stolen anything while I was away.

If something was meant to have been delivered, could you have someone PM me!

Thanks a bunch,
    Your Santee

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
  • Options
    FireWeaselFireWeasel Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've been out of town on business so I got the gf to send out my Santee's gift last week, but with Canadian Mail being as retarded as it is, I'm terrified my Santee won't get the package until AFTER New Year's.

RUH-ROH!

FireWeasel on
    AC:CL Wii -- 3824-2125-9336 City: Felinito Me: Nick
  • Options
    PrimePrime UKRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Einhander wrote: »

Sorry for the late update Santa, I had my package delivered to a friend's house because my neighborhood is sketchy and I was only able to get there yesterday. I'm sorry about the picture wquality, I'm using my cell phone's camera to take shots and I'm kinda drunk so they're a little blurry

My gift was pretty meh
    l6bc52ea75832024623b01cde4.jpg

And in true ThinkGeek tradition, I present action shots!
    1226071631lh1.jpg

1226071632ts9.jpg

I also got the annoy-o-tron, which is driving my cat crazy as we speak. We'll see what ksort of effect it has on ym roomates when they get home.

My gift message said thus:
    To Einhander, May you annoy your enemies while sipping your poison of choice, grinning to yourself with an evil smirk. All the best and Merry Christmas, From your PA Secret Santa Prime.

Thank you Prime, you rule. Both of these will be getting extensive use. Especially the flask. rght now.

No problem, glad you like them. Ive heard good things about the annoy-o-tron, terrible things but good :) and who doesnt need more ways to carry drink around with them hehe

Oh I got the second part to my present today, apparently the post office was reading it and didnt want to pass it on till they had done :)

Anyway ive got it now and its a book of amazing fantasy art, thanks!

Prime on
  • Options
    wunderbarwunderbar What Have I Done? Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    For my Santa, I am still giftless, I am home for the rest of the week though. I wait with baited breath.

wunderbar on
    XBL: thewunderbar PSN: thewunderbar NNID: thewunderbar Steam: wunderbar87 Twitter: wunderbar
  • Options
    elizabexelizabex Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    gilrain wrote: »
    pass07.jpg

Wow, yay! Awesome! Wait, what is it, now? After reading the blurb and doing some online research, it's an absorbing written history of one of the largest, most respected, and longest-running MMO guilds in existance. I notice a large part of their history takes place in Ultima Online, which enjoys a ridiculously fond place in my heart, and so I very much look forward to reading about that! I imagine the whole book shall be quite interesting, though!

Thanks again, Kyougu! You're a grade A, USDA Prime, ULEV Santa, to be sure! :D

Lurking through this thread, saw the above, ordered it on Amazon.

Kudos to all you gift givers! Mayhaps I'll join in the fun next year. :)

elizabex on
    elizabex.png
  • Options
    redfenixredfenix Aka'd as rfix Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    so due to issues and things, im just now sending out my SS gift, but It's going priority, so it should only take a couple days.

Yea

redfenix on
  • Options
    bluekirbybluekirby Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    This looked pretty cool.
    ---
    sonofwaffle.gif
    Yummah

bluekirby on
  • Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So Cryixd is a pretty cool guy. I shall name him... "not-cool-bane"...

So I actually got my package on Xmas eve, so grats on timing. A lovely little package with this inside:

The note:
    Dear Kor,

Happy Holidays! So here is what I thought you'd like judging by your post history.
    I got this crazy hunch that you are slightly interested in the upcoming Smash Brothers game, so I found a cool looking T-shirt with the new characters on it. From what you described you'd wear, I think (hope) you'll like it. It's the kind of game shirt I would wear, so I hope it is for you too!

I also wanted to get you a DS game, but one which I don't think you'd get yourself. I've only read good things about this one, and I decided on it because it matches your interest in suspense/mystery stories, as well as an engaging world to play in. (over)

2nd page
    Whew, I didn't think I would use that much space. So I hope you enjoy the game, and if you already have it (you haven't posted in its thread, so I hope that means you don't) let me know. I don't have it yet, so you could send it back to me and I'll get you something else, no problem!

Happy Holidays and Enjoy,

CyrixD

p.s. Remind me to give you washing instructions

The loot that dropped:
    img1319xc6.jpg

Cryixd,
    The gifts are awesome. The shirt will be worn... oh yes... and the guess with the game is spot on. Something I always wanted to add to my collection but never did for some insane reason. Unfortunately my wife has pilfered the DS game for the time being, but she will rue the day! Best wishes to you and everyone else. :D

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    thej3wthej3w Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    RoundBoy wrote: »
    Soooo... has anyone gotten screwed in this exchange yet? Or do we have a 100% success rate.

someone post our 6 Sigma score!

I haven't received mine yet. My santa contacted me telling me it would take 2-4 weeks, but it shipped Nov. 21st. I'm still holding out hope though. I really want to see what he got me. :)

thej3w on
    J4ku.png
  • Options
    suadeosuadeo Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    My santees gift should be there by Monday. If it doesn't seem like it will, I will send 'em a PM explaining what happened. But it should be there in time.

suadeo on
    Valseki.png
    My 360 is [strike]back[/strike] [strike]bricked[/strike] back! :D
  • Options
    taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    suadeo wrote: »
    My santees gift should be there by Monday. If it doesn't seem like it will, I will send 'em a PM explaining what happened. But it should be there in time.
    Are you sure about that? in Canada at least, and in the states too i'd assume no post offices/couriers deliver on monday or tuesday next week

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • Options
    NickTheNewbieNickTheNewbie Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    FreeBryd! wrote: »
    "FreeBryd!,

Merry Christmas! I'm your secret santa from the penny-arcade forums. Your sparse posting record didnt exactly give me many hints on what to get you, so I kind of had to wing it. :-P

I've packed Ace Combat 04
    cover.jpg

and 5,
    256px-Ac5box.jpg
    two of my favorite games. They may seem like run of the mill flight simulators, but they're actually very action oriented and easy to pick up and play. I've been a fan for many years now, and hopefully I'll be able to convert you as well! If this isn't your cup of tea, feel free to make use of the included gift receipts. I hope you have a merry Christmas and a very happy new year. God Bless!

Cheers,

NickTheNewbie."

Great gifts buddy, I had never played them, and so far I'm really digging 4.

I'm glad you're enjoying it! Merry Christmas!

NickTheNewbie on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    So I'm sitting down, browsing through the forums, when my doorbell suddenly rings. I head to the door and open it, seeing no one..but one lone package sitting by my door. Did Santa see my lack of chimney and opt for more tradition means?!?!

Sadly, my camera is opting out, so a pic grabbed from the web will have to do for now.
    41qsCpAi3uL._SS500_.jpg

That's a 2007 Convention Exclusive Bleach figure. It's awesome for a variety of reasons:

1) It just looks great and awesome.
    2) The chances of me going to a con and getting one is very, very low.
    3) Bleach is a favorite anime of mine
    4) My desk severely lacks plastic figures to show off my dorkage/protect me.

Thank you meatflower!

Kyougu on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I've never seen Bleach, but man that figure looks awesome.

urahonky on
  • Options
    BursarBursar Hee Noooo! PDX areaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    If my Santa has not yet sent anything, please contact me through some means so's I can give you my new address. The US Postal system will forward "packages <2 pounds," but I don't know what they'll do with anything heavier. Other delivery methods should still be okay; my family will sign for it and make sure I get it.

Bursar on
    GNU Terry Pratchett
    PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan | Battle.net: FallenIdle#1970
    Hit me up on BoardGameArena! User: Loaded D1
    Spoilered until images are unborked. egc6gp2emz1v.png
  • Options
    meatflowermeatflower Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Kyougu wrote: »
    So I'm sitting down, browsing through the forums, when my doorbell suddenly rings. I head to the door and open it, seeing no one..but one lone package sitting by my door. Did Santa see my lack of chimney and opt for more tradition means?!?!

Sadly, my camera is opting out, so a pic grabbed from the web will have to do for now.
    41qsCpAi3uL._SS500_.jpg

That's a 2007 Convention Exclusive Bleach figure. It's awesome for a variety of reasons:

1) It just looks great and awesome.
    2) The chances of me going to a con and getting one is very, very low.
    3) Bleach is a favorite anime of mine
    4) My desk severely lacks plastic figures to show off my dorkage/protect me.

Thank you meatflower!

You're welcome! Glad/relieved you liked it.

This is my first year doing this and it's been a lot of fun. Can't wait for next year.

meatflower on
    archer_sig-2.jpg
  • Options
    WienkeWienke Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    I just wanted to tell my santa that I've gotten everything he's sent.

I refuse to list stock photos however.

I got my camera back from my fiance but damn it all I don't have the cable to upload the pictures :|

The pictures will be taken tomorrow and hopefully posted sometime tomorrow evening. I've been slacking on this for way too long considering my impressive haul. Well impressive for me anyway, I mean it's not the entire damn Zelda collection like was posted earlier, but for a plebian like me it's a gift fit for a patrician.

Wienke on
    PSN: TheWienke
  • Options
    ZarcathZarcath Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Haven't heard from my santa, wondering if I got hosed :(

Zarcath on
  • Options
    MeizMeiz Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Zarcath wrote: »
    Haven't heard from my santa, wondering if I got hosed :(

My santa was nice enough to pm me and give me a heads up to the fact that there were complications. If you fall into this category, you should do the same.

Meiz on
  • Options
    12gauge12gauge Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ok, I am leaving for my place again and will be able to tell you if anything arrived or not in about 6 hours :)

12gauge on
    davidoc0.jpg
  • Options
    S-StarwindS-Starwind Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Havnt heard/received anything either yet....I remain optimistic, however.
    Go Santa go!

S-Starwind on
    XBLive GamerTag - II The Starwind (Playing - Halo 4, Dungeon Defeners)
    PSN ID - S-Starwind (Playing Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition, Gundam Battle Ops)
    Final Fantasy XIV - Masamune Server (Moving to Sargantanas) - Rykosho Hoshikaze
    Steam ID - The Starwind
  • Options
    LeRoyLeRoy Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Pseudonym wrote: »
    Today is a very grand day, for my surprise has arrived! I was checking for the mail when I found an amazon package. I already got the stuff I ordered for my family a little earlier in the day, so I knew it had to be my santa! Inside the package I found a guide for Mario Galaxy. But not just any guide! One of those fancy hardbound guides from Prima with artbook type stuff in the back! And it's got a poster inside that seems like it will glow in the dark! Yay! Mario Galaxy had to go back to Blockbuster, but I will get my own copy soon. If I don't get it for Christmas, I will pick it up right afterwards. Then the book will come in real handy! Thanks Santa! Stand up so I can see you! The packing slip has your name on it, but not the forum name. Thanks again!

So now half a month later, I am able to get online and to this forum on the regular. I am pleased to hear that you like your present. I guessed everone who has a Wii has the game or will get it so why not complement that motion.

LeRoy on
    Mario Stürmer Aufgeladen Fußball:
    Friend Code 064 526 171 784
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Einhander got me 3 awesome gifts. A $25 gift card (because his bank is doing mean things), some Kung-Fu movies that are being "investigated" and so haven't arrived yet (also the bank) and a donation to Child's Play in my name.

Hooray Einhander!

PS: I bought Sid Meier's Railroads with the card.

Joeslop on
  • Options
    bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Ok since my gift hasn't gotten to my santee yet and I'm very worried about this I'm going to say my santee was S-Starwind if you don't get your gift by then end of the day I'm going to pick something up this weekend and send it again and if you do get both well double merry xmas, if not I'm sorry about the tardyness I don't know what the fuck happened.

bloodyroarxx on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited December 2007
    Whoa Jerry just got some crazy ICO painting in the mail... i will followup with pics soon.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.
  • Options
    DekuStickDekuStick Registered User regular
    edited December 2007
    Whoa Jerry just got some crazy ICO painting in the mail... i will followup with pics soon.

That sounds like something LewieP has. Pretty sure it was P.

DekuStick on
  • Options
    Robert KhooRobert Khoo Registered User, ClubPA staff
    edited December 2007
    i just grabbed the card off his desk and you got it dude - LewieP it is. Jerry says he wants to hang it in the office.

Robert Khoo on
    Some guy.