Options

[Diablo 3] old thread is old

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Tbh if you get excited enough about an “announcement” to react the sort of way people have in the d3 subreddit I think you probably need to re-evaluate some things about your thought process; like, you can be dissapointed without just throwing all perspective to the wind and I feel like that’s where most reasonable people are.

Even if you assume (as I do) that a lot of the outrage is pure performance because that’s the kind of thing reddit incentivizes, it’s still so ridiculous it makes me want to grab people and shake’em

it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ok ya, I think that’s enough wagging our fingers at people that aren’t even here.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    Kyanilis wrote: »
    It absolutely could turn out bad and a microtransaction nightmare. We'll find out in due time. This isn't a reaction to a mobile game that has all these problems people are assuming it will have (and even then it's an extreme reaction), it actually is just being mad about a mobile game.

Like, literally they said "Hey, we're having this other company make a Diablo mobile game! We think it's coming along, but it's not done yet!" Sure, be disappointed about that, but let's not act like we have enough to claim it's some terrible end to the Diablo franchise or that it's some giant slap in the face. We can make guesses, but this is people just feeding into their own assumptions. If it turns out that it's clearly a cash grab (this would be pretty obvious, these games almost never do a good job at hiding it) then by all means, we should be angry. But that's not something we know at this time.

There is ample evidence this is very likely what the game will become because it's exactly what this developer is all about (They're also for some reason pork distributors?). You don't invite Jeffery Dahmer for dinner and then chastise your other guests because they don't want to be eaten. It's what he does!

Netease makes predatory-style micro-transaction mobile games. Hey, I could be wrong and Blizzard somehow appealed to their senses and really wanted their mobile expertise but dialed back the microstra.... sorry I can't even finish that sentence. This is the Activision side getting their way and bringing in the worst case scenario developer to roll out a mobile Diablo to capitalize on the most profitable products that shareholders are seeing in the books.

If it's not true, why would they use this specific developer over countless others that are far less shitty about the way they model freemium games? I know, Netease is already working with Blizzard in Asian markets.... guess what those games are like? They've been testing these waters for a few years now, and they're applying the model to a western mobile game.

Is this how you envision Diablo?
    YMhvnxA.png
    v37JWmC.png
    6gWHHpz.png
    lRqlqq7.jpg
    u0Jxxmp.jpg

Let's also not forget that Activision Blizzard bought Candy Crush Saga a few years ago. You don't think shareholders are looking at their quarterly reports and wondering why Blizzard "wastes its time" on a game people only buy once, versus a game like Candy Crush that hit nearly $1B in sales over the past year?

I want to be wrong about Immortal, but I'm not that naive.

XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Figgy wrote: »
    I guess to be fair and clear and elaborate on my curt response, I don’t think disliking the game or its direction is the same as going batshit crazy because Blizzard is making a mobile game.

This is straw-manning the topic.

It's really not but ok.

I'm not sure you understand what a straw man is? It's when you construct a a simpler/easier/incorrect version of your opponent's argument to make it easier to knock down or dismiss.

In this case you have dismissed the complaint because you say people are going batshit crazy because Blizzard is making a mobile game. But most people are not going "batshit crazy" and their complaint isn't simply that Blizzard is making a mobile game. There are a million details and circumstances surrounding "making a mobile game" that add context to why some people might be upset.

Rhetorically your statement is like if someone punches you and they defend themselves by saying "lol why are you so upset that my hand briefly touched your face??"

Just briefly look at the Diablo subreddit. I would agree with the assessment that people are going absolutely bonkers over this. The only thing we really know about the game is that it's a mobile game. It's still early in development. Half the systems haven't even been fleshed out! The people that tried it generally said it feels like Diablo 3 on mobile. It existing is not some terrible thing, and quite frankly, sort of expected with the way mobile gaming has been going.

It absolutely could turn out bad and a microtransaction nightmare. We'll find out in due time. This isn't a reaction to a mobile game that has all these problems people are assuming it will have (and even then it's an extreme reaction), it actually is just being mad about a mobile game.

Like, literally they said "Hey, we're having this other company make a Diablo mobile game! We think it's coming along, but it's not done yet!" Sure, be disappointed about that, but let's not act like we have enough to claim it's some terrible end to the Diablo franchise or that it's some giant slap in the face. We can make guesses, but this is people just feeding into their own assumptions. If it turns out that it's clearly a cash grab (this would be pretty obvious, these games almost never do a good job at hiding it) then by all means, we should be angry. But that's not something we know at this time.

You're right: people are upset that the Diablo announcement was for a mobile game. But it's not just because it's a mobile game. A Diablo announcement that people were figuring would be more than a mobile game being developed out-of-house considering that the BlizzCon ticket preorder announcement page on Facebook was Diablo (now, granted, from what I can see, it was posted on the Diablo Facebook page, so maybe that would be why they chose that particular image). Having a BlizzCon exclusive demon hunter skin for Overwatch didn't help expectations for something more in the Diablo universe (Diabloverse?) either.

Image of the BlizzCon ticket purchase announcement behind spoiler:
    qpo1lzzy2oue.jpg

I'm not saying that people aren't going overboard (if there's one thing I've learned, it's that the most vocal of gamers tend to be...well...hyperbolic would be putting it mildly), it's just that Blizzard laid out a trail of breadcrumbs that people interpreted as going in a particular direction (a PC\console-oriented direction), so when a third-party developed mobile game is what gets announced, surprise and disappointment congealed into a nasty blend of anger. I remarked that during the announcement, you could hear the nervous/hesitant applause of the audience.

And yeah, I'm pretty dang disappointed. Will I try it out? Probably. Hell, I hate the direction the past two Battlefield games have taken (BF1 and BF5), but I tried out BF1 (and am actually having fun with it lately) and I'll likely try out BF5 too. And from what I've been hearing, most people who initially hated the idea from the announcement, but got to try it out, found that it was pretty fun and, as you put it, it feels like Diablo (at least, the few people I've heard talk about it on some Twitch channels I sub to).

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I've actually been dropped out of D3 for a couple years now and was really excited to see something new coming down the pipes from Blizz.

I'm actually not that disappointed with this because I knew that they wouldn't ever invest the time and energy into making a deep ARPG experience, because Blizz has been tooling with the Diablo IP since D3 was announced trying to figure out a way to create it into an income stream. They failed in D3, so why not go mobile where people have their credit cards handily saved on the phone and will not give a second thought to purchasing a $10 booster pack or cosmetic or whatever?

I will say I am no longer looking towards Diablo as a proper ARPG.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    A duck!A duck! Moderator, ClubPA Mod Emeritus
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    This is glib and doesn't exactly describe the scenario but it was a fun response to the Diablo Immortal situation nonetheless:
    DrIJSHTV4AAQOrx.jpg

There's a good laugh to be had in him saying this while surrounded on all sides by product

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    A duck! wrote: »

I mean, I understand this!

"Cell phone game" usually denotes simplified time wasters with artificial play barriers that cost actual money to get around.

jungleroomx on
  • Options
    This is glib and doesn't exactly describe the scenario but it was a fun response to the Diablo Immortal situation nonetheless:
    DrIJSHTV4AAQOrx.jpg

There's a good laugh to be had in him saying this while surrounded on all sides by product

Yes that was the joke. This is a comedy show.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    DrIJSHTV4AAQOrx.jpg

That's the joke

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Ah I figured it was some sarcastic and earnest thing. This story has broken my brain. I've seen some similar complains about the game made seriously.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    can you imagine how much attention a diablo 4 trailer woudl get if it dropped right now

maybe blizard are the brane geniouse... all along...

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    can you imagine how much attention a diablo 4 trailer woudl get if it dropped right now

blizzards brain is too Corrupted

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options

The Chinese are impressed by their very large, um, brain.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Ah I figured it was some sarcastic and earnest thing. This story has broken my brain. I've seen some similar complains about the game made seriously.
    It's from RedLetterMedia's "Nerd Crew" show. It's basically a parody of fanboyism and excessive consumerism run amok. The out of context quote in question was probably about Star Wars.

forty on
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Act 5 is really good in comparison to the rest of the game. I like the setting. I hope the cool evergreen forest area at the very start wasn't just assets made for that 10 second lead up to the town, it was neat.

I felt like the transition from Act 4 to 5 was jarring and wondered if the game originally had a different ending, and it did, I found that in the cinematics section. Original ending was tonally all wrong for Diablo series and just continued the "you r graet hero yay" from the rest of the game. The new one felt like a good twist and interesting direction to go.

It was really strange that they just drop Leah and Adria completely once things are done. I thought for sure they would show her soul redeemed or free or something, one last conversation, they hinted that something like that might come but no.

Also it was a bizarre choice to introduce Myriam in act 5 but also have her just show up at the start of act 1 and be there the whole game. She said something about Leah and my character was like "how do you know that name?!" and uh she's been with us the whole time, dude. She also said "glad to finally meet you in person" or something like that. Blizzard it's ok to remove those conversations if they no longer make sense! I had to google it to figure it out.

But yeah. Act 5 is good. I like doing quests with the companions, I like the city streets and all the little buildings I can go into, all that.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Ultimately what wrong here was this was a dead year for blizzard, with the most exciting things to show at their convention being apparently a remaster of warcraft 3 and a licensed diablo mobage, and they should not have been pushing a hype narrative about there being a bunch of big diablo announcements coming because that blew the f up in their faces.

But

But that's literally the exact opposite of what they did. Am I missing something here? They made an announcement explicitly saying "don't get too excited, you'll have to be patient for any big Diablo news"

No no not that, that calibrated my expectations very well for what they actually had, in retrospect. Even if I was still a bit disappointed. BEFORE that announcement though people were throwing around speculation of a D4 annoucement and a D2 remaster and a netflix show, and by that point it was too little too late to just go "oh when we said it would have diablo announcements we didn't mean like, D4, it's gonna be something less interesting than D4." They didn't do a good enough job snuffing the hype basically, leading to this stupid, stupid backlash from entitled morons.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JepheryJephery Registered User regular
    It got booed on stage at Blizzcon, by the live audience that paid for a ticket and travel costs. The live twitch chat spammed RIP, F, NO, etc. the moment the word mobile hit the stream.

The people who are big enough Blizzard fans to go to Blizzcon live or watch it live on stream hated it, and Blizzard is too out of touch to understand why.

}
    "Orkses never lose a battle. If we win we win, if we die we die fightin so it don't count. If we runs for it we don't die neither, cos we can come back for annuver go, see!".
  • Options
    Damnit the Pig Sticker is the best weapon I have right now by far and it won't quit squealing every 5 seconds. :(

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Pig sticker is actually really good for some builds

• Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote: »
    It got booed on stage at Blizzcon, by the live audience that paid for a ticket and travel costs. The live twitch chat spammed RIP, F, NO, etc. the moment the word mobile hit the stream.

The people who are big enough Blizzard fans to go to Blizzcon live or watch it live on stream hated it, and Blizzard is too out of touch to understand why.

But, as with most things, it’s very likely a very loud minority that truly hate this announcement. I’m sure there are many more people who are disappointed that the announcement wasn’t something else that they had wanted, think it’s fine, or generally don’t care either way.

So what if some fans hate the initial rollout? Blizzard are the ones who actually make a living creating games that people enjoy, and they have a long track record proving that they can do exactly that. It’s not like this would be the first time fans had a negative reaction to something at first, only to be more or less proven wrong after release.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Damnit the Pig Sticker is the best weapon I have right now by far and it won't quit squealing every 5 seconds. :(

Wait till you get the Nagerling (sp?) Ring.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    Marathon wrote: »
    Jephery wrote: »

But, as with most things, it’s very likely a very loud minority that truly hate this announcement. I’m sure there are many more people who are disappointed that the announcement wasn’t something else that they had wanted, think it’s fine, or generally don’t care either way.

So what if some fans hate the initial rollout? Blizzard are the ones who actually make a living creating games that people enjoy, and they have a long track record proving that they can do exactly that. It’s not like this would be the first time fans had a negative reaction to something at first, only to be more or less proven wrong after release.

I am positive the f2p mobage will make money, but this will not make it good

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular

There is ample evidence this is very likely what the game will become because it's exactly what this developer is all about (They're also for some reason pork distributors?). You don't invite Jeffery Dahmer for dinner and then chastise your other guests because they don't want to be eaten. It's what he does!

Netease makes predatory-style micro-transaction mobile games. Hey, I could be wrong and Blizzard somehow appealed to their senses and really wanted their mobile expertise but dialed back the microstra.... sorry I can't even finish that sentence. This is the Activision side getting their way and bringing in the worst case scenario developer to roll out a mobile Diablo to capitalize on the most profitable products that shareholders are seeing in the books.

If it's not true, why would they use this specific developer over countless others that are far less shitty about the way they model freemium games? I know, Netease is already working with Blizzard in Asian markets.... guess what those games are like? They've been testing these waters for a few years now, and they're applying the model to a western mobile game.

YMhvnxA.png
    v37JWmC.png
    6gWHHpz.png
    lRqlqq7.jpg
    u0Jxxmp.jpg

Let's also not forget that Activision Blizzard bought Candy Crush Saga a few years ago. You don't think shareholders are looking at their quarterly reports and wondering why Blizzard "wastes its time" on a game people only buy once, versus a game like Candy Crush that hit nearly $1B in sales over the past year?

I mean, I don't think pointing at the China version of D3 is proving the point you think it is. D3 in China is F2P so of course it has microtransactions, but as far as microtransactions go they're pretty uhh reasonable. Sure you can buy xp boosts etc but there's no gacha boxes and most of it is cosmetics (wings and pennants). As you might imagine they sell extra stash and character slots, but as far as I know that's...about it? And you can earn the premium currency ingame so there's nothing really stopping you from getting all of that stuff anyway. As far as F2P games go it's surprisingly reasonable. So if that's your example of what I would imagine for a F2P Diablo experience, sure, I'll take it.

I like how you're answering your own question though. "Why would Blizzard use NetEase, a company with mobile ARPG experience and with which Blizzard has had a lengthy and extremely significant relationship with?"

No idea.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

In fairness, when they released Diablo 3, it also had the RM Auction house, which was pretty widely derided when it was announced, and the game had a rocky track record up to when they conceded the point, and removed it in the patches prior to the first expansion - a series of patches, that, if I recall the timeline, pretty much revived interest in the game, though that may just be in my circle of friends.

They also reacted with pretty significant derision to fans at the same event asking for the ability to play WoW in a 'original' state (whatever that may be said to mean, in an ongoing MMO), only to reverse track, first by attempting to bring time-shifting mechanics to the game for zones, then dungeon events, and then finally conceding the point entirely and announcing a product they're releasing next year.

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options

YMhvnxA.png
    v37JWmC.png
    6gWHHpz.png
    lRqlqq7.jpg
    u0Jxxmp.jpg

I mean, I don't think pointing at the China version of D3 is proving the point you think it is. D3 in China is F2P so of course it has microtransactions, but as far as microtransactions go they're pretty uhh reasonable. Sure you can buy xp boosts etc but there's no gacha boxes and most of it is cosmetics (wings and pennants). As you might imagine they sell extra stash and character slots, but as far as I know that's...about it? And you can earn the premium currency ingame so there's nothing really stopping you from getting all of that stuff anyway. As far as F2P games go it's surprisingly reasonable. So if that's your example of what I would imagine for a F2P Diablo experience, sure, I'll take it.

I like how you're answering your own question though. "Why would Blizzard use NetEase, a company with mobile ARPG experience and with which Blizzard has had a lengthy and extremely significant relationship with?"

No idea.

Don't be a goose. I think it's pretty clear I was referring to the reputation of NetEase as the very worst in mobile game developers.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    So I guess it turns out that they never removed the video and reuploaded it. They just added a few unlisted versions, including for different regions, that link from the Launcher (not that weird). Internet gets it in their head that they're trying to cheat the system and they deleted the trailer to hide their shame. I've seen the same crap posted here saying as much.

So since people start finding out they're wrong about what's happening they look harder. 100k or so dislikes apparently vanished from the main Youtube video. Okay yeah, that's strange, But can Blizzard even uhh, control that? My guess is that a bunch of them were found to be botlike and got removed since they weren't really legit. And no, I wouldn't put it past some people from doing something like this.

I mean, it's still grossly disliked so uhh, mission accomplished? But oh boy if this isn't some crazy conspiracy theorist bullshit.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    So I guess it turns out that they never removed the video and reuploaded it. They just added a few unlisted versions, including for different regions, that link from the Launcher (not that weird). Internet gets it in their head that they're trying to cheat the system and they deleted the trailer to hide their shame. I've seen the same crap posted here saying as much.

So since people start finding out they're wrong about what's happening they look harder. 100k or so dislikes apparently vanished from the main Youtube video. Okay yeah, that's strange, But can Blizzard even uhh, control that? My guess is that a bunch of them were found to be botlike and got removed since they weren't really legit. And no, I wouldn't put it past some people from doing something like this.

I mean, it's still grossly disliked so uhh, mission accomplished? But oh boy if this isn't some crazy conspiracy theorist bullshit.

How is it a conspiracy theory that a company would take its promotional video down if it's not meeting their objectives?

As someone who works in this space for a living, it happens all the time. Whether Blizzard did it or not, it's a common practice.

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »

I was under the impression that at endgame everybody just used the set designed for their class and that was about it? Do the class sets not include weapons?

• Options

How is it a conspiracy theory that a company would take its promotional video down if it's not meeting their objectives?

As someone who works in this space for a living, it happens all the time. Whether Blizzard did it or not, it's a common practice.

Are you serious? It's a conspiracy theory because it's being thrown around all over the place as something that actually happened when anyone who can look further than the top 20 posts of the Diablo subreddit would know it's false.

Sure, things like that might happen elsewhere to certain degrees but seriously, that's your argument? "Well, other places have done it." That doesn't suddenly make you right.

• Options

I was under the impression that at endgame everybody just used the set designed for their class and that was about it? Do the class sets not include weapons?
    Very few do. And the weapon is often not used in the "best" builds since Legendary weapons can have some very powerful effects.

• Options
    dimmannounceotfq0.png

• Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Act 5 is really good in comparison to the rest of the game. I like the setting. I hope the cool evergreen forest area at the very start wasn't just assets made for that 10 second lead up to the town, it was neat.

I felt like the transition from Act 4 to 5 was jarring and wondered if the game originally had a different ending, and it did, I found that in the cinematics section. Original ending was tonally all wrong for Diablo series and just continued the "you r graet hero yay" from the rest of the game. The new one felt like a good twist and interesting direction to go.

For what its worth, Jay Wilson commented that this was supposed to be an "end" to a trilogy. I.E. these three games tell the story of Diablo's master plan to hide on Sanctuary, set up the conditions to become the prime evil, and then demolish heaven. Whatever games followed would probably be in a different time rather than direct continuations. I think I recall that being why he wanted to end on a lighter tone, with Diablo's plan effectively foiled. While the tone of the xpack is definitely more traditional (and better), it also achieves a sense of conclusion in its own way. (I don't recall an alternate ending though? Just that it moves from "happy fun times except where did the black soulstone go" from the original game end, to "oops we forgot something" intro of the expansion.)
    Also it was a bizarre choice to introduce Myriam in act 5 but also have her just show up at the start of act 1 and be there the whole game. She said something about Leah and my character was like "how do you know that name?!" and uh she's been with us the whole time, dude. She also said "glad to finally meet you in person" or something like that. Blizzard it's ok to remove those conversations if they no longer make sense! I had to google it to figure it out.

Not needing to unlock her in act 5 first might've been a change in the Switch version. You need to buy the Ganondorf t-mogs from her after all.

On the PC, the first toon you level typically unlocks the shen and the blacksmith as they appear in the story, and I thought it worked the same with Myriam too. After that, replaying the story or making new toons has these characters unlocked from near the beginning, before it would make sense story wise, just so you have the convenience of their services. They also have some 4th-wall breaking conversations relating to early story events they shouldn't be around to comment on, and Myriam is just doing the same thing with her weird comments before act 5, although its probably more jarring hearing them on your first playthrough.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    edited November 2018

Very few do. And the weapon is often not used in the "best" builds since Legendary weapons can have some very powerful effects.

Good to know. It's less, uh, for lack of a better term "welfare legendary" than I was led to believe.

Even though someone said earlier that my weapon's damage and on-hit affects apply to all skills that deal damage, I'm still not totally sure how all that works.

Like, my skeleton minions are a skill, right? And I have a ring that generates a circle on the ground where if I stand in it I do 75% more damage. So if I stand in that do my skeletons suddenly start dealing 75% more damage?

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular

Another game from Activision, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is "The most disliked video ever posted to Youtebe." and according to Social Blade all 400k+ dislikes are still there. Seems pretty odd that this video gets the special bot dislike removal option. How chummy are Blizzard & Google?

• Options
    Not needing to unlock her in act 5 first might've been a change in the Switch version. You need to buy the Ganondorf t-mogs from her after all.

On the PC, the first toon you level typically unlocks the shen and the blacksmith as they appear in the story, and I thought it worked the same with Myriam too. After that, replaying the story or making new toons has these characters unlocked from near the beginning, before it would make sense story wise, just so you have the convenience of their services. They also have some 4th-wall breaking conversations relating to early story events they shouldn't be around to comment on, and Myriam is just doing the same thing with her weird comments before act 5, although its probably more jarring hearing them on your first playthrough.

Oh that makes a lot of sense. The other two were unlocked at the right time in the story. I had also wondered why she had a lot of dialogue that seemed to give away the story a bit! At one point regarding some plot point my character said "I know" and Myriam asked "oh, are you blessed with the sight too?". Must've been cheeky conversation referencing the fact that this was supposed to be my second playthrough...

• Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular

Not sure current state but certain weapons have an extra affix which makes the potentially BiS (like Pig Sticker was for Thorns Crusader a while back). Weapons can be part of class set (or their own 2 piece set) but this tends to be the exception.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular

Good to know. It's less, uh, for lack of a better term "welfare legendary" than I was led to believe.

Even though someone said earlier that my weapon's damage and on-hit affects apply to all skills that deal damage, I'm still not totally sure how all that works.

Like, my skeleton minions are a skill, right? And I have a ring that generates a circle on the ground where if I stand in it I do 75% more damage. So if I stand in that do my skeletons suddenly start dealing 74% more damage?

yeah the damage boost from standing in that circle applies to all of your damage I believe, including skeletons. A really good strategy is to give your follower that ring, because the circle will still proc and you get full benefit from it.

Pig Sticker is, if I recall correctly, really good for builds that want attack speed.

There are Class armor sets that include weapons but most do not have weapons. There are a few weapon sets as well - Necromancers have a Scythe / shield combo that buffs skeletons.

• Options
    ErlkönigErlkönig Seattle, WARegistered User regular

Another game from Activision, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare is "The most disliked video ever posted to Youtebe." and according to Social Blade all 400k+ dislikes are still there. Seems pretty odd that this video gets the special bot dislike removal option. How chummy are Blizzard & Google?

Couple things:

1) the CoD: IW video has a few more than 400k dislikes. It's 3.7m+ (or were you talking about the Diablo: Immortal video having all 400k+ dislikes still there? If so, my apologies...but also, on my video history, the trailer is showing 364k dislikes right now at 7:51pm Pacific timezone),
    and 2) I thought it was that people were looking at the wrong video for keeping track of the Immortal dislikes since Blizzard uploaded alternate videos (some for different regions).

When people were talking about Bliz taking down and reuploading the thing, I went back to my video history and it was still there: all the likes/dislikes were still there and nothing seemed amiss. Although, I have to say, only having 364k dislikes seems kinda low. Given the treatment Infinite Warfare got, I was expecting at least three-quarters to a million by now.

| Origin/R*SC: Ein7919 | Battle.net: Erlkonig#1448 | XBL: Lexicanum | Steam: Der Erlkönig (the umlaut is important) |
  • Options
    themightypuckthemightypuck MontanaRegistered User regular
    All this talk makes me want to play a bit of D3 but my left hand issues make long term play on PC problematic and the D3 console implementation annoys me compared to PoE. By the way, PoE fan base had a nerd rage conniption when PoE was announced on Xbox and it turned out to be awesome. In fact I'd say it is the best console port of an ARPG ever. Mobile Diablo might be awesome as well but I won't play it for reasons related to my hatred of the platform for control intensive games. I've tried many over the years and I've decided that for me, mobile touchscreen controls will never really work for action games.

“Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.”
    ― Marcus Aurelius

Path of Exile: themightypuck