As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

You feel like you're gonna have a [Chat] time.

• Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    I was listening to a podcast discussing masculinity and one host mentioned that her male friends will leave a seat between each other at the movies (if there's room)

Just bizarre, wild homophobia and fear of any compromise of masculinity

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    I was listening to a podcast discussing masculinity and one host mentioned that her male friends will leave a seat between each other at the movies (if there's room)

I demand all of my male friends sit on my lap during the movie.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    bowen wrote: »
    bowen wrote: »
    I had a landlord insinuate that my husband and I were causing plumbing leaks with our homosexuality

one got pissy at me and a roommate (plus a female roommate) because they thought we were having the gay sex in their apartment because we wanted to wash our ass, even though the toilet was clearly leaking from not the bidet portion

we had to uninstall our bidet and when the leaks continued he still blamed it despite having not been present for months and all the hookups being dry and the bathroom being dry.

The best part about owning is being able to fix shit with more than the very minimum amount by law.

"I need to keep this toilet from leaking? Let me sit here and hot glue this for 50 minutes... ahhh that should hold it until after their lease is up"

vs

"I need to spend $6 on a wax seal and lift the toilet up and clean it then reseat it"

There is so much shit in my current house that I'd easily fix if I actually owned the damn place. Like... hey, this window frame is rotting, maybe we could replace it? Oh, I guess you're just sending a guy round to put a couple of nails in it instead for some reason. Okay. That's cool.

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Asmongold lived in literal filth, surrounding by hoarder-style trashbags, pizza cases, cockroaches and rats. He makes TheOddOne, the LoL player who got scurvy, look like Marie Kondo, and his popularity as a WoW streamer is a stern condemnation of that game's players.

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    Fuzzy Cumulonimbus CloudFuzzy Cumulonimbus Cloud Registered User regular
    Berlin just passed rent freeze and the salty tears of landlords talking about slight dips in profits as if it is ruining them.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular

I do this in a pretty empty theater with my friends because I like room and not having to rub elbows with someone else if I can avoid it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular

How am I supposed to talk shit about the movie if my friends aren't close enough to hear? Oh right, you're a man, so you shout it loudly across three seats ruining the movie for everyone.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Fellas is it gay to acknowledge you have an asshole?

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    I like to leave a space for Jesus

Also it's a lot easier to give and receive blowies if you start with some space between from what I heard

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

I do this in a pretty empty theater with my friends because I like room and not having to rub elbows with someone else if I can avoid it.

Yeah this is a comfort/liking of personal space thing to me.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Brody wrote: »

How am I supposed to talk shit about the movie if my friends aren't close enough to hear? Oh right, you're a man, so you shout it loudly across three seats ruining the movie for everyone.
    don't talk during movies jesus christ

• Options
    Yeah I like to sit next to friends so we can talk about the movie and make witty comments.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    I like to leave a space for Jesus

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    https://fortune.com/2014/11/24/432-park-avenue-inequality-wealth/

like why do we allow things like this to exist tbh
    “There are only two markets, ultraluxury and subsidized housing.” —Rafael Viñoly, architect of 432 Park Avenue
    ----
    It is widely believed that the building will only be one-quarter occupied at all times, even though it will be completely sold out. Keep in mind that these are pied-a-terres that begin at $7 million each and include several full-floor parcels in the $75 million range. More than anything else, this speaks to the insatiable appetite of the world’s greatly expanded billionaire class. Middle Eastern oil magnates, Chinese billionaires, Russian oligarchs, and the Latin American aristocracy all have one thing in common: More money than they know what to do with and a desperation to get as much of it out of their home countries as possible. New York real estate works very well as both a facilitator of this as well as a store of value.
    In previous generations, when towers of this scale were erected, they were monuments to working. 432 Park, unlike the Chrysler Building, the World Financial Center, and the Empire State Building, is a monument to owning.

In the Medieval era, towers were erected to separate royalty and feudal overlords from the rest of the population during times of plague and suffering. It was an effective barrier, both physical and symbolic. A 1,400-foot skyscraper, in America’s most populous city, in which fewer than 100 people will reside, is perhaps the perfect present-day parallel to such behavior. The ascendance of 432 Park Avenue to its now-dominant place in the skyline says more about the state of our world than a thousand Thomas Pikettys typing on a thousand keyboards ever could.

:star:

poo
  • Options
    Berlin just passed rent freeze and the salty tears of landlords talking about slight dips in profits as if it is ruining them.

Again, this might be good for renters in the short term and bad for them in the long term, like any rent control

Of course, that has nothing to do with why landlords are mad

(Abolish landlords)

• Options
    Also useful to share fun reaction gifs during the movie. If they are two seats away you have to throw your phone over and let's be honest that is kind of rude.

• Options
    Elendil wrote: »
    Brody wrote: »

Thats why I sit next to my friend, so I can quietly whisper my hot takes with interrupting the movie for other people.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

• Options
    milskimilski Poyo! Registered User regular

This is a Yu-Gi-Oh card Day9, you can't trick me

I ate an engineer
  • Options

Again, this might be good for renters in the short term and bad for them in the long term, like any rent control

(Abolish landlords)
    You never demonstrated that rent control was bad so I deleted it from my memory.

• Options
    It's okay to talk during e.g. a Marvel film

• Options
    VishNubVishNub Registered User regular
    FCC is a theater criminal confirmed

• Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    VishNub wrote: »
    FCC is a theater criminal confirmed

I mean there was a reason we banished him to germany.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    Imagine having such sexual chemistry with your friends you're afraid you'd fuck if you sat next to them.

• Options
    I also bring my dog and seven toddlers.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    HerrCron wrote: »
    Tav wrote: »
    oh cool dublin is closing down another historic pub to be turned into another hotel

totally normal not dying city

Shit, which pub?

the bernard shaw in portobello

used to be bambricks

• Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod

HONEY, THAT'S STAN LEE, DIDJA SEE HIM?

• Options
    Shazkar ShadowstormShazkar Shadowstorm Registered User regular
    i spent several minutes looking for a pen cap but it was just behind my keyboard cool

poo
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Bogart wrote: »

HONEY, THAT'S STAN LEE, DIDJA SEE HIM?

Not anymore :(

• Options
    I out drank an Irish person on Saturday.

That I weigh more than twice what she does is irrelevant

• Options
    Okay I have taken stock of the issue and it appears the central argument is that rent control disincentivizes building new apartments but right now no one builds new apartments for actual people so ???

• Options
    Okay I have taken stock of the issue and it appears the central argument is that rent control disincentivizes building new apartments but right now no one builds new apartments for actual people so ???

I think this is an @Feral thing

• Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Only if you let more than 3 men put their penis in it.

zepherin on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    i'm not denying toxic masculinity but i think a lot of people just enjoy room to stretch and be lavish their space, throw a coat on the next chair, sprawl arms over armrests etc

most theater seating is big enough that unless you're super super morbidly obese you're not going to struggle with arms touching neighbors or w-e, but a little extra room seems like a fairly common desire even without ascribed agenda

• Options
    that said,

two broooooos, chilling in a hot tub
    six feet between them 'cuz they're not gay

• Options
    zepherin wrote: »
    Only if you let more than 3 men put their penis in it.

Just remember the famous rhyme: two is ok, three is gay

• Options
    edited September 2019

(Abolish landlords)
    You never demonstrated that rent control was bad so I deleted it from my memory.

There's plenty of controversy and I'm no economologist

But the idea is that it's helpful in the short term but drives up prices in the long term and constricts housing supply, making life harder especially for new renters

Ugh link broken

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sf.curbed.com/platform/amp/2017/11/3/16603900/rent-control-san-francisco-stanford-study-gentrification

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    I am sad I was stuck disconnected from the world in a long meeting and I missed discussing Colonialism in video games!

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Organichu wrote: »
    i'm not denying toxic masculinity but i think a lot of people just enjoy room to stretch and be lavish their space, throw a coat on the next chair, sprawl arms over armrests etc

most theater seating is big enough that unless you're super super morbidly obese you're not going to struggle with arms touching neighbors or w-e, but a little extra room seems like a fairly common desire even without ascribed agenda

I mean, is it an almost empty theater? Sure, I'll spread the fuck out. But otherwise I'd rather sit next to my friends so I can make dumb jokes with being a huge boor.

• Options
    @Shazkar Shadowstorm you'd be so jealous of this room where i'm sleeping in the shark abode. it's in the basement and it's utterly cold and utterly stygian. your eyes can't adjust to it. it's just pitch black. it's the best sleep i've ever had in my life.

This discussion has been closed.