As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

🖥️🎮 - Legend of Keepers, Insurmountable and Clan O'Conall out today!

• Options
    HobnailHobnail Registered User regular
    What about the radiation drugs that get you all goofed up

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    The Slormancer is super fun and incredibly cool for an early access. The one drawback is damn these monsters are boring.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    I used to buy soundblasters but their driver quality cratered in the mid-2000's

they always made my system unstable, and they'd stop supporting them really quickly as well

these days I just buy gaming motherboards and use built-in audio

Funny, I've had soundblasters in all my gaming machines going back to the 90's and I've never had issues. My Soundblaster Z has been working great for the last 6+ years and the software is nice for amping up bass or adding more of a soundstage to games that need it. The only issue I've had was 2 of my roommates got the USB models and one of them died in 2 years. The other is still going.

Though I'd agree, it's hardly needed anymore. Most AAA games have their own sound positioning and stuff like that, where you don't need extra software anymore. If you have nice headphones, and external Amp is probably good enough.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    afaik there's just one weird drug but it's alcohol that's Been Through Some Shit
    Arguably exposure to the pale could be considered a mondo super drug. Since it creates weird experiences that permanently alter brain chemistry and become very addictive. Also the medications that give you a bit of resistance to the pale's effects are themselves super addictive, although seemingly have relatively benign effects of just making you super high, eventually giving you a permanently weird perception of light, and eventually causing your eye's sclera to turn yellow and glow.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    TheStig wrote: »
    I haven't played odd world since 2. I should probably fix that.

Stranger's Wrath was pretty good. A real departure from the rest of the series but still, pretty fun.

• Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Lorne Lanning looks and sounds like he would con me out of my life savings and make good his escape via some kind of dashing airship

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Lorne Lanning ... or Julio Scoundrél?!?

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    That Munch's Odysee story is amazing.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    I'm a square that had my saddest cop not consume any alcohol or drugs during my entire play-through.

I was also a teetotaler! Just felt right. I was not sad, though. I was incredibly and instantly confident, happy to explain that the spirit of the city was speaking to me and that's how I knew what to do. High Shivers is really fun.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    to me it felt like the disco elysium protag did not deserve to go sober in his short time as an amnesiac

he didn't earn it

he couldn't! That would require character growth, and much of the game was about character discovery, which is different

so instead I had my superstar commie cop go full HARDCORE and make the drugs even better

not against him reconsidering sobriety in an eventual sequel though

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Anyone picked up Evil Genius 2 yet? I'm curious about it.

• Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Lorne Lanning looks and sounds like he would con me out of my life savings and make good his escape via some kind of dashing airship

Well you know, he did come... from aerospace

I feel like when Lorne Lanning smiles there should be a sound effect to indicate the twinkle from his teeth

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    My cop mainlined the headiest drug of all......art.

sig.gif
  • Options
    PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    to me it felt like the disco elysium protag did not deserve to go sober in his short time as an amnesiac

he didn't earn it

he couldn't! That would require character growth, and much of the game was about character discovery, which is different

so instead I had my superstar commie cop go full HARDCORE and make the drugs even better

I did sobriety, but treated it like someone doing an ill-advised cold turkey weekend, thinking that would fix all their problems

Right down to getting passionately, aggressively invested in something new as a coping mechanism. Namely, in this case, communism.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    I'm currently replaying Disco and I have a high physique so Electrochem does a lot of talking

I'm still in my first day and haven't done drugs yet, but I expect to break at some point soon

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    I felt like my cop didn't have enough memory of why he started drinking to keep drinking. I think at one point I did drugs because I couldn't figure out another way to pass a check but I forget if I continued that save or reloaded when it didn't work.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    UbikUbik oh pete, that's later. maybe we'll be dead by then Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    captaink wrote: »

i'm about 5 hours into it. i love the look and style of it, and i like building out the base, but i'm not sure it's actually fun to play moment to moment. now that i'm past most of the tutorial, it feels like i'm just waiting around and watching numbers until i can build something new. the overworld map isn't super engaging. there is also some stuff that is either missing or locked behind the tech tree that i feel like should be basic functionality (batch selecting items, setting minion reactions by zone). it's also kind of buggy. for example, i'll set it so my minions are supposed to distract the good guys, but they'll start fighting for some reason, then once the good guys kill 1 minion, they see the body as something suspicious, so now i have to kill/capture all the good guys before they leave

they have a season pass so i'm hoping they will do more work on it. i would suggest watching some gameplay videos to get a sense of it, or waiting to see if they revamp some of the systems

Ubik on
    l8e1peic77w3.jpg

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Evil Genius 2 does feel a bit early access.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
  • Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    always interested in free dick updates

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    I'm using my psychic powers and predicting your AI governors still won't fucking work.

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    Veagle wrote: »
    Veagle wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »
    if I was given a rifle and told to patrol a chain-link border or stand menacingly in front of a door I'd definitely keep my gun in my hands.

that second to sling it around is all Sam Fisher needs to snap my neck and drag me into the shadows.

I like to think about this sort of thing while at work and position myself somewhere where Sam Fisher/Solid Snake can't sneak up and give me the old snappy snap

How often do you hear a noise, investigate it, and then say out loud "Must have been the wind.

I actually do that!

I've lost track of the times a coworker has shown up with a newly shaved head and dropping quarters, only for me to wake up hours later in a dumpster or a refrigerator.

While this post was obviously a joke, within minutes of making it my boss and a bald customer caught my attention after dropping a bunch of coins. So if I don't ever post again you all know what happened.

Has anyone heard from Veagle since this?

captaink wrote: »

I've managed to survive, but I've gone into hiding in my volcano lair.

Evil Genius 2 does feel a bit rough, but then again so did the first one. It fixes some of the problems of the original, but it doesn't really build anything new off of it.

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

//anti Indigenous racism

So a video game team doesn’t have ANY Indigenous people working on it, but directly exploits triggering things for us such as colonial violence, alcoholism and disease?
    No I’m sorry, you don’t get to decide what is or isn’t harmful to Native people.

*screenshots from the This Land Is My Land official twitter feed are displayed*
    Twitter user is a member of the Cree

This game was already giving me bad vibes, but HOO BOY

EDIT: Oh god, later tweets in that same thread show even more damning screenshots. Wow.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    I wonder who could have predicted such a turn of events, other than everyone

• Options
    Europeans shouldn't make media about Indigenous people

• Options
    VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    edited April 2021
    One of those posts has a picture of their first world boss being "the British Army", but they're wearing spiked military helmets that wouldn't have been around until like the 1880's, so they're struggling to even get a handle on white people culture.

Veagle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    For folks into the building a cartoon part of Evil Genius but who don't care about the specific Evil Geniusing, Two-Point Hospital was a really fun little building game. Gets a bit too hectic to juggle in the late game but generally a ton of fun!

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited April 2021

Karl May is a German author who had never been to the US but wrote a series of novels about a German cowboy and his "noble savage" sidekick/blood brother.

The books remain a cultural institution over there, and there's still between 40,000 and 100,000 people across Germany who participate in "Native hobbyism," which means "dress up like the Hollywood stereotype of what Native Americans look like and host 'pow wows' and have tomahawk throwing competitions and other shit like that"

I learned about this like a decade ago and it's just mind-blowing to me.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Karl May is a German author who had never been to the US but wrote a series of novels about a German cowboy and his "noble savage" sidekick/blood brother.

The books remain a cultural institution over there, and there's still between 40,000 and 100,000 people across Germany who participate in "Native hobbyism," which means "dress up like the Hollywood stereotype of what Native Americans look like and host 'pow wows' and have tomahawk throwing competitions and other shit like that"

I learned about this like a decade ago and it's just mind-blowing to me.

Oh, I know alllll about that motherfucker.

The Karl May museum has indigenous remains, and it has consistently and refused requests to repatriate them. Motherfucker never stepped foot on US soil, but it's just super important that folks' ancestors lay on display in a German museum.

Poorochondriac on
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    Stilts wrote: »

//anti Indigenous racism

So a video game team doesn’t have ANY Indigenous people working on it, but directly exploits triggering things for us such as colonial violence, alcoholism and disease?
    No I’m sorry, you don’t get to decide what is or isn’t harmful to Native people.

EDIT: Oh god, later tweets in that same thread show even more damning screenshots. Wow.

The "thoughtful reply" comment was sarcasm right?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    I really hope so, but it's hard to tell with Redditors

IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    the thing that broke me was the announcement that they're going to be adding native women to the game.

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Boy I fuckin' hate those people.

• Options
    Stilts wrote: »

//anti Indigenous racism

The "thoughtful reply" comment was sarcasm right?

Oh fuck, the thought of these dipshits trying to execute their idea of ceremony just gave me full-body chills

• Options
    H0b0manH0b0man Registered User regular
    100% their idea of "ceremony" is just going to be sitting around passing a pipe and dancing around a fire.

Just the scene from Peter Pan thrown into a game.

FFXIV: Agran Trask
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    Just the most blithely ignorant shit, it's honestly incredible

We don't have any indigenous people on staff but we do in our community is an incredible statement just to start things out

But We're excited about Native American culture that has been shown in books and movies in our childhood is just like a nuclear bomb

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Oh cool, they unironically used the Not Political™ defense.

• Options
    never dienever die Registered User regular

he didn't earn it

I did sobriety, but treated it like someone doing an ill-advised cold turkey weekend, thinking that would fix all their problems

Right down to getting passionately, aggressively invested in something new as a coping mechanism. Namely, in this case, communism.

Something I really like from the Disco Elysium endgame:
    is that when you confront your team at the end of the game, and do a cold turkey sobriety run like I did, they actually bring up that he's done this shit before. Got sober after a terrible incident, and then slipped, so why the fuck should they believe him this time? It's a painfully realistic moment that the game handles with a surprising amount of deft, and that conversation was great.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Oh cool, they unironically used the Not Political™ defense.

It's not even worth putting on the videogame PR bingo card any more, it comes up every time.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
This discussion has been closed.