Options

What is the strongest animal that [chat] can take on bare-handed?

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    Crocodile
    a6Ex36N_460swp.webp

• Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    put your head in the gengar of pain

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i need to try to score concert tickets in an hour and the cell reception in the office is getting bad again

who knows if concerts will actually be happening in october but it's worth a shot

I am going to be 100% bummed if my concert in late September gets canceled.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Elephant
    the bag pictured has been over half my meals for the last 2 weeks
    god bless
    iy5waq0d2pm1.png

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    i need to try to score concert tickets in an hour and the cell reception in the office is getting bad again

who knows if concerts will actually be happening in october but it's worth a shot

yeah i've got tickets for one end of september as well and it will be really annoying if it doesn't work out

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Well you probably have gotten lucky then. Because if you had one with listeria you would know real fast.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Elephant
    I normally refuse to buy tyson because they're a shit company but I wanted some quick heat chicken for tacos and wraps
    Guess I won't make that mistake again.

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    TTODewback wrote: »
    I normally refuse to buy tyson because they're a shit company but I wanted some quick heat chicken for tacos and wraps
    Guess I won't make that mistake again.

i'm honesty not sure you can reheat chicken faster than you can just cook chicken

• Options
    JebusUDJebusUD Adventure! Candy IslandRegistered User regular
    milski wrote: »
    JebusUD wrote: »
    Mostly my Rimworld strategy is to send Honk out with a handgun and hope he comes back with more than 37% brain function.

Don't need brain to shoot gun bang bang

Apparently at 37% consciousness your pawns just pass out every few steps. It's okay though in that game we gave Honk a nice sarcophagus, which a few days later got mortared and he fell out and was eaten by wild animals, 5/7 would Honk again.

and I wonder about my neighbors even though I don't have them
    but they're listening to every word I say
  • Options
    Chanus
    i am being somewhat flip but these days i'll just buy some decent breasts or thighs and just batch cook on sunday and then vacuum seal them and they'll last at least through thursday dinner

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    Geth, recycle the thread on page 101.

• Options
    GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Affirmative Shivahn. Thread will be recycled after 101 pages.

• Options
    ShivahnShivahn Unaware of her barrel shifter privilege Western coastal temptressRegistered User, Moderator mod
    This chat gets an extra page for us to reflect on what we've learned about which animals we could probably defeat bare-handed.

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Eagle
    Echo wrote: »
    Aight, I'll take the 3kg mace for flexibility stuff, and also taking Big Chungus outdoors for the first time.

fhfiglua484v.jpg
    ive seen bigger

• Options
    Chanus
    hmm another guy just went to work from home for the rest of the day

can we just

just do that?

would my boss even know if i did considering she's not in?

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    Chanus

can we just

just do that?

Guaranteed she arrives at work moments after you leave.

We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Mazzyx wrote: »

I've got theatre tickets that have been rearranged twice now, and every time requires rebooking of leave and rearranging travel and accommodation with my friend who is coming up from London

Hopefully they won't get rearranged a third time - what could possibly go wrong with a trip booked for Friday 13th August

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Elephant
    the diced chicken takes 1 1/2 minutes to cook
    jsut enough time for me to get all the other ingredients out and ready

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    Eagle
    everyone knows tyson's chicken is made of ears

• Options
    So far I haven’t found a way to be paid a lot of money to wander around cool neighborhoods while drinking cold brew coffee and smoking a joint

Become an edgy reporter for Vice 15 years ago when that was the main kind of article they published.

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    cB557 wrote: »
    a6Ex36N_460swp.webp

Scottish twitter is presently mostly people saying "anyone but England" is juvenile and we should move past it as a nation

Some proportion of those are serious and the rest are mocking the other proportion and nobody will ever be able to tell which are which

• Options
    Elephant
    but only dk knows if they include feet or not

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    japan wrote: »
    a6Ex36N_460swp.webp

Scottish twitter is presently mostly people saying "anyone but England" is juvenile and we should move past it as a nation

Some proportion of those are serious and the rest are mocking the other proportion and nobody will ever be able to tell which are which

An interesting juxtaposition of "we should move past this as a nation" and "maybe we should reconsider being part of the nation" is going on there.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Chanus
    a6Ex36N_460swp.webp

I'm loving the "anyone but England" stuff for some reason - maybe I'm a masochist

I also love Tav's commitment to tweeting in the language of whoever England is playing before every match

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Elephant
    I don't feel good cheering for either team but also im not a futbol fan so i guess it doesnt matter anyway

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    One of my uncles is refusing to get the vaccine and forwarded a video to another uncle where a man in a very authoritative lab coat spends a lot of time using prefaces like "the vaccines may" for possible facts like "be associated with Alzheimer's" and "not be particularly effective" and also "be full of nanobots that go up and attach to your brain and control you."

As my dad said "well, if you have six kids some are gonna be duds."

He says part of why he's not getting the vaccine is that he's "never been sick a day in his life," which I think is kind of fucked up because it means he was faking the cancer the whole time >: (

• Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular
    Shivahn wrote: »
    a6Ex36N_460swp.webp

An interesting juxtaposition of "we should move past this as a nation" and "maybe we should reconsider being part of the nation" is going on there.

I don't think that's quite it, but certainly the conflation of England and the UK is part of what fuels the ABE sentiment

• Options
    I was just talking to my buds about finding stuff on old high school friends

Mine was a bummer but one of the guys they knew in high school — a goof, nice guy, was really into Warhammer, I believe dropped out, etc — joined the military and now has two medals of bravery: one for disarming an IED with no gear on, and one for rushing into a burning building to save a child and her mother.

God damn

Damn, what am I doing with my life.

I only have one medal for being the world's most attractive astronaut.

• Options
    Chanus
    counter examples don't count

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Atomika wrote: »
    Hurricane Kyle
    Cyclone Brad
    Tropical Storm Preston

Damnit Kyle.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    Chanus

can we just

just do that?

you have been your own prisoner the whole time

"The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Honk wrote: »
    I really like Patrick Wilson, I hope he doesn’t suck personally.

He’s generic as hell but in a very pleasant way.

I only found him attractive as Nite Owl. Long-ish hair, nerdy, kind of stocky.

Unf.

• Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    a6Ex36N_460swp.webp

I'm loving the "anyone but England" stuff for some reason - maybe I'm a masochist

I also love Tav's commitment to tweeting in the language of whoever England is playing before every match

what you've not seen is that i've eaten nothing but pasta for the last week

genuinely worried my hands are gonna be stuck like this d2axth9hvrah.png

• Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    So far I haven’t found a way to be paid a lot of money to wander around cool neighborhoods while drinking cold brew coffee and smoking a joint

Become an edgy reporter for Vice 15 years ago when that was the main kind of article they published.

But then I’d have to write articles boooo

• Options
    KamiroKamiro Registered User regular
    Chanus

But then I’d have to write articles boooo

just outsource your articles to poor grad students that don't know any better

• Options
    MimMim I prefer my lovers… dead.Registered User regular
    Chanus
    As the boss of everyone, y'all take the afternoon off.

On me.

Taaaaaaake onnnnn meeeeee

Taaaaaake meeeeee onnnn

I’llllll beeeeee gonnneeeee in a day or twoooooo

• Options
    Shivahn wrote: »
    a6Ex36N_460swp.webp

I don't think that's quite it, but certainly the conflation of England and the UK is part of what fuels the ABE sentiment

Oh I don't mean that that's part of the "anyone but England," I just think it's funny that some people are like "let's move past this as a nation" at the same time that the political atmosphere is not devoid of sentiment involving exiting the union because old English people decided to fuck you because ??? ENGLANDBRITAIN #1

Basically "your dislike of England is juvenile and we should move past it" feels, to me (an outsider who doesn't keep super tabs on British politics, admittedly), a lot like "Ireland should remember who its real friends are."

• Options
    BrodyBrody The Watch The First ShoreRegistered User regular
    Chanus
    Tav wrote: »
    i've never done a drug harder than a marijuana cigarette but someone i know described ecstasy as "taking a loan from the happiness bank that you repay with interest" and i always thought that was a great description

I got pretty big into x for about six months before I met my wife (I was pretty big into everything six months before I met my wife tho) and I still miss it to this day but I haven't had it in 16 years.

God knows what the shit I was getting from Atlanta in 2005 was actually made of though. Probably recycled batteries.

I've probably told this story before but about a decade or so ago a friend of mine randomly texted me on a Saturday night and the convo pretty much went:

"Hey hi!"
    "Hey, what's up?"
    "You smoked weed right?"
    "Uh, yeah it's been awhile but sure."
    "Ok so can I ask you a question?"
    "Of course"
    "So I smoked for the first time last night and now I'm still high is that normal?"
    "Wait, how long as it been since you stopped?"
    "Um, pretty long. Over a day I think?"
    "No... no that's not normal. ...wait, hold on"
    *googles the growth in potency of weed over the last 15 years*
    "Ok, so that's apparently a thing now. A dumb thing that shouldn't have happened because what the fuck. But whoever gave that to you as your first experience with it is an asshole. Also you might be high for another half a day."

This was 100% me in Vegas two years ago when I went to a dispensary and just asked for something mellow to watch cartoons in the hotel room and I was given a vape pen that wrecked my shit and I tossed it after.

I really want to try getting high with people who are actually used to doing this. I'll feel fairly fucked up after some edibles, but it doesn't matter how hard I hit this pen I'm not sure I'm getting fucking anything.

"I will write your name in the ruin of them. I will paint you across history in the color of their blood."

The Monster Baru Cormorant - Seth Dickinson

Steam: Korvalain
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    I think the simple solution is that rename England as Greater London and then everybody will forget to hate us

Problem solved

Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
This discussion has been closed.