Options

[Steam] Remote Play Together Sale (2/28 - 3/7) - Get some games! Play with friends!

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Dang, Zav.
    Antoshka is an ole snake in the grass. Patient. Deadly.

• Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Oh no I thought it was over.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I'm sure everyone already knows this, but Deathloop is really fun. Sneaking around, good sniping, two good shotguns, teleport, silenced SMGs, the gunplay is great and there's a lot of varied ways to play it. It can get really tense when you just barely struggle through an objective, then another player invades while you're trying to escape. I've cleared all the enemies from a map so I can explore, but if something goes wrong just 2 or 3 regular enemies can fuck everything up. Plus it's a roguelike with a lot of stuff that carries over between runs, which is something I love.

Lots of fun, highly recommended.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm also surprised hideo kojima has never done female protagonists in any project. It just seems like the type of guy who would go hard in that regard if they were given the opportunity

Not that he has to (metal gear always about big boss and sons) and I will eventually get that metal gear solid game where you can kidnap soldiers and play as them in the field

Does it count as a female protagonist if you kidnapped her to get her in the game??

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    So uh, just out of sheer morbid curiosity from someone who doesn't follow the series, did they abandon the second Halo trilogy idea and just stop at 4?

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    heenatoheenato Alice Leywind Registered User regular
    I'm also surprised hideo kojima has never done female protagonists in any project. It just seems like the type of guy who would go hard in that regard if they were given the opportunity

Not that he has to (metal gear always about big boss and sons) and I will eventually get that metal gear solid game where you can kidnap soldiers and play as them in the field

Does it count as a female protagonist if you kidnapped her to get her in the game??
    I in no way would trust Hideo Kojima to write a female protagonist in any good capacity.

M A G I K A Z A M
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    5 basically was so unpopular story wise (deservedly so) that they appear to have course corrected with infinite. It’s still canon, like what happened in 5 still happened, but there has been a tonal shift and adjustment to the narrative focus from what I can gather with what we’ve seen of infinite so far.

It was kind of a silly way of framing it any way. Halo originally was never intended as a trilogy, they just stumbled into one. So the idea of a second trilogy doesn’t even really make sense, as nebulous as the term trilogy is.

It’s more like just one big ongoing story. They haven’t rebooted or retconned anything as far as I can tell in terms if plot events. Mainly just refocused the narrative and approach to the story to more closely evoke the vibe of the originals

Prohass on
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    heenato wrote: »

I in no way would trust Hideo Kojima to write a female protagonist in any good capacity.

Yeah, this seems like a recipe for utter disaster.

His excuse for how Quiet is dressed is so farcical and stupid it's borderline insulting to anyone's intelligence. Especially because a previous character does almost the exact same thing, but funnily enough manages to be completely clothed. I wonder if it has something to do with him being an old man?

Albeit I'm not going to lie, if The End was completely butt naked hiding in the bush using his chlorophyll to hide with the surrounding vegetation I would have given him props for consistency - if nothing else.

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Even if Halo 5 wasn't that popular, I'd still like it to complete the set on Steam. Same with moving Halo Wars 2 over from the Windows store.

• Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    I absolutely detest what they did to Cortana in the new Halo games. I wonder what Infinite is going to do to address that (if at all).

The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Wasn't metal gear 5 cut off at some point?

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Cortana and chief were brilliant in 4, so they still have it in them to do right by her, it really just depends on Infinite. 4 has some of the most tender, profound and emotionally resonant stuff in the entire series for the chief and cortana. So it was a bummer they fumbled so hard on 5. There really is a lot riding on how good the story is in Infinite.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    The Book of Boba Fett coming soon made me remember I never really played Fallen Order, so I threw it on my new PC. I didn't stick with it on my laptop because the performance was pretty terrible and I could never find the settings to get it to play somewhat stable.

Cruises along at 120-144fps now, with the occasional spike drops when it loads a new area which I hear is common with the game because it's terribly optimised. So I can't complain too much. Also looks amazing.

And now I have to wait until Christmas because I have no controller and mouse and keyboard is so bad, but there's a new Xbox controller for my PC under the tree.

-Loki- on
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Aegeri wrote: »
    I absolutely detest what they did to Cortana in the new Halo games. I wonder what Infinite is going to do to address that (if at all).

And meanwhile I only got partway through the first one on that last free weekend so I'm just watching this commentary as sort of a "huh, something to look forward to/dread in the future at some point" kind of thing. :lol:

I'm so close to actually finishing a few games, but they're all on not-PC systems, and thus not Steam games. But my kiddo does seem to like some of the elements of Atelier Sophie which is on Steam, so maybe I should boot that up while he's around again.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    Oh no I thought it was over.

See? Weird timing for a sale. I came in here on Monday talking about surviving another sale with no purchases or gifts and then boom.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    We were discussing it in chat: what's that game where you are an orb? That a PA forumer made?

steam_sig.png

• Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    We were discussing it in chat: what's that game where you are an orb? That a PA forumer made?

InFlux, by @LaCabra, unless I'm mistaken.

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Not getting enough entries in the Secret Santa thread, so I'm reposting here:
    Let's start the gift giving holiday mood off right with some Steam giveaways!

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

signature.png

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Shikigami 2 launches in a couple weeks!

And there's a demo too!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1556650/Castle_of_Shikigami_2/

There's murmurings about a patch for the original(awful) translation, which would be incredible, if silly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28WUol3XLyw

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    All this talk about Fallen Order in the Souls thread made me bite the bullet while it's on sale. First game I bought for myself on Steam in a few months.

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    My friends and I tried out Bigfoot last night. It still has quite a ways to go. A single match is very long, the XP system is extremely stingy, throwing the settings in our favor amounted to spending 2 hours lowering Bigfoot's HP by 25% and constantly running and hiding.

Death is also extremely punitive for a game that runs so long. You can resurrect a dead player but it's hard to do, and they have nothing to do while you're doing it.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    Wasn't metal gear 5 cut off at some point?

Yes the final mission was cut.

Vague spoiler
    It leaves a big plot line of the second half unresolved, though the game's main plot gets wrapped.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Thought the Infinite Campaign trailer already addressed Cortana?
    She seems to be dead/deleted. And you meet a new female AI and add it to your suit.

rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    All this talk about Fallen Order in the Souls thread made me bite the bullet while it's on sale. First game I bought for myself on Steam in a few months.

I reinstalled it 2 days ago because @Triple B got me interested in it again.

I've had some struggles with it, but it's starting to click now and yeah, it's purty good.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    Pretty telling that I didn't even realize there was a Halo 5. :lol:

wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DrovekDrovek Registered User regular
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Pretty telling that I didn't even realize there was a Halo 5. :lol:

It's not on PC, so...

steam_sig.png( < . . .
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    Thought the Infinite Campaign trailer already addressed Cortana?
    She seems to be dead/deleted. And you meet a new female AI and add it to your suit.

Not really?
    One of the other trailers mentioned that your new AI is an AI killer, iirc.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Oh dang, @JaysonFour misfired all over me! Thanks for Love Tavern and Pathfinder: Kingmaker! They both sound super up my alley! Love Tavern is like an isekai harem manager, which is always fun (and I'm a sucker for isekais). And I've heard good things about Pathfinder and I generally like a good CRPG, so it should be a lot of fun :D Can't wait to play them when I can carve out some time!

h1HGj7P.png

Thanks again!

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    9t9ic7m1ifl1.jpg

@Antoshka with the very early Christmas gifting. I do really love the original Rome: Total War so I am happy to see this pop up. Thanks Antoshka. <3<3

• Options
    7f7nmpz7mv4i.png

Hmmmm... I found this package from @KoopahTroopah on my doorstep.

I'm gonna have to run this past my lawyer, @MNC Dover, of course.

(Thanks! Wishlisted this after I found it on Iolo's wishlist and thought the art was delightful. <3<3<3 )

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    @KoopahTroopah, my client has agreed upon the settlement and both parties are free to move past this horrible marble incident.

@Pixelated Pixie, I have received my payment...

tb6m8yqpn0yx.png

So everything is complete on our end. A pleasure doing business with you.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    Oh wow. Looks like @JaysonFour also gifted me Apocalich. :o

Koopah did get there first though. Thank you though! <3<3<3

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    edited December 2021
    iz31e9vaqw7b.png

Thank you @Pixelated Pixie ... disappointing words concerning your lawyer but... I thank you. <3

KoopahTroopah on
  • Options
    Like a movie hero cutting a bomb wire, I managed to buy one small Indie game in the last 60 seconds of the sale.

Other than that, I survived another one.

steam_sig.png

• Options
    OrivonOrivon Happy Fun Ball They/ThemRegistered User regular
    @Isorn @Antoshka sent me a gift last night.
    p7adncgw86fo.png
    Thanks for The Ascent!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    iz31e9vaqw7b.png

Thank you "Pixelated Pixie" ... disappointing words concerning your lawyer but... I thank you. <3

Attention @Pixelated Pixie, you have a message on behalf of Dean, Gusterson, and Hit_Bit Law Offices.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited December 2021
    Dover is a gift that keeps on giving...

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Alas, I'm at work and unable to receive audio messages. How unfortunate.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Found an alternate way.

It's not slander if it's in writing.

See you in court.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Found an alternate way.

It's not slander if it's in writing.

See you in court.

JJJ's legacy of legal education continues!