As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Queer] thread: A Gay ‘Ol Time

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Had my 6 week follow up a bit ago and it went super well! Upped my dose of both prescriptions which made me happy. My boobs have also missed the memo that they aren't supposed to just shoot out there which I am super ok with. It has also led to the discovery that I might be a lot more sex positive as an ace then I previously thought. Evidently my body has taken to these new hormones in an exciting new way is the safe for work version.

I must say I am just generally way happier with stuff now that I am seeing some results I can't rationalize away. I really did not expect to have this kind of results over a short term. Like I expected nothing for a solid 6 months or longer to be honest. I dunno if I am just lucky, or if medicine has just gotten better at this. I ain't complaining either way.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So uh my mother just went in my bedroom while I was at work took my estradiol pills and flushed them. I still have patches so Ill be fine until I can get a refill.
    That said Im not sure what to do here.
    I set up a gofundme tontry and get money for closing costs on a house but I cant wait for that now.
    Is there like a charity or something that can help me at all?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    I’m not entirely sure what you mean. So, you are in the process of getting your own home, but may need help on the closing costs? Because if you’re starting out the process, then that may be a long process. It may be more prudent to get an apartment for now as it’s a quicker way to get away from your mother if she is taking action against you.

In the short-term, keep your pills on you, or buy a cheap safe or lockup. Something small you can hide so the lock is a last-resort (your mother could just throw out the safe itself, after all). Of course, if you feel you can talk with her, then go for it. It’s a bad situation regardless, and you are very correct in wanting to leave ASAP. Sorry you gotta go through this, I know parents can be a brick wall when trying to talk them through transition.

YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    Yeah I qualify for a mortgage and some assistance but I need at least 5000 for closing costs

An apartment isnt an option since I cant leave my dog and nothing around here allows pets.
    I did order a safe though

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    edited April 2022
    Going to be visiting another work location temporarily for training, in a part of the country known for being fairly progressive.

I've decided I'm gonna be out while I'm there. Got a pride mask to wear (I want an extra layer so I don't spread too many germs)

Tox on
    Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    Yeah I qualify for a mortgage and some assistance but I need at least 5000 for closing costs

An apartment isnt an option since I cant leave my dog and nothing around here allows pets.
    I did order a safe though

There might be some local programs a small lender knows about that can help you too. I wouldn't pretend to know all of them, but the lender we used got us over 10k in assistance we did not know we qualified for. Only found out about it because a bigger bank jerked us around and we went with a small local lender to save it. Turns out that's who we should have been using all along!

• Options
    I know of one non profit in an area Im looking in and they said I can get up to 10kbfor closing costs but Ill need to take a class and some other things. Its in West Virginia though so Im not sure if I want to move there

• Options
    PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    This whole situation is making me very nervous.
    I am hoping that I'm just getting the totally wrong impression of the situation, but having to crowdfund the closing costs, not being able to afford an emergency & unexpected prescription refill, looking in an area you don't seem to live in so the impression I'm also getting is that the house purchase would be sight unseen?
    It's just the impressions I'm getting (I'll fully admit it's probably not a complete or necessarily accurate picture of the scenario), I just feel like I'm looking at a foreclosure in the making.

I know you can't rent an apartment without your dog, but are there houses for rent? Are there couches you can surf on for a few months to build up solid finances before going with a purchase?

Psykoma on
  • Options
    Its not sight unseen dont worry! I have a few homes in mind and Ill be paying for inspections too. My mortgage guy was really helpful before all this happened and broke down what Id realistically need . I thought Id have a few months to save up but thats not feasible now.

I have been looking for a temp rental but nothing so far. Its hard between work and all the other shit the last few days

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Hello everyone. I haven’t felt like I’ve had much to add for awhile, but recently I’ve kind of hit the ground running. I came out to my mother today as genderfluid. She was accepting, I cried. Didn’t realize how much it would mean to me until it happened.

I’ve also been planning to move to the city and been planning on being more out there. Been looking at some feminine clothing. Had a friend show me a really cute crop top I wanna get. Started painting and growing my nails out in the past few months and thinking of trying to get into more types of make up.

I’ve also got a crush on a cute enby and I’ve been talking to them and invited them to a one shot tabletop RPG with only queer players. So hope that goes well! I did find out they’re poly recently, but I don’t know if that’s actually a problem for me after I’ve thought about it.

I’m kind of overwhelmed but more excited than I have been for a long time.

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    Brovid HasselsmofBrovid Hasselsmof [Growling historic on the fury road] Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    I've been watching/reading a lot of trans tiktoks/memes recently and it's made me wish I wasn't so asocial, because it seems like it would be fun to hang out with other trans people expect for the fact that they're still, ugh, people.

Brovid Hasselsmof on
  • Options
    R-demR-dem Registered User regular
    I'm straight and I legit watch WAY too much queer and trans Tik Tok because they are clearly having way too much fun. Straight Tik Tok is super boring.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited April 2022
    once someone points to you how much "straight culture" is about We're Breeding! you can't unsee it

you're like "wow people really do be constantly saying that"

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    once someone points to you how much "straight culture" is about We're Breeding! you can't unsee it

you're like "wow people really do be constantly saying that"

I mean to be fair it’s pretty awesome.

More queer culture should be about it imo

fuck gendered marketing
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    I have it on good authority that I am breedable

• Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    I have it on good authority that I am breedable

i'll be by to run some tests

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    I mentioned my wife and I trying for a baby exactly one entire time before my brain was like, "so we just casually mentioning raw dogging now? Is that what we're doing?" and I promptly stopped mentioning it anymore.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Yeah, once you re-contextualize it as "congrats on the creampie", it loses some luster.

sig.gif
  • Options
    I have it on good authority that I am not breedable

• Options
    IblisIblis Registered User regular
    I have ordered a sexy crop top and my first lipstick. Nervous and excited.

Also talked to the cute enby about coming out to my mother. They said it sounded beautiful and they were proud. So that made me feel good!

Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf
  • Options
    R-dem wrote: »
    I'm straight and I legit watch WAY too much queer and trans Tik Tok because they are clearly having way too much fun. Straight Tik Tok is super boring.

What you dont like a blonde white girl pouring a bunch of shit in a pan then pretending she didnt swap it out for something edible?

• Options
  • Options
    pimentopimento she/they/pim Registered User regular
    I booked my top surgery in for next month today.

Gonna get muh tits did. I'm anxcited.

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    What's up, nerds? Y'all doing alright?

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Nope

• Options
    Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Nope

Yeah mood. It's kinda wild because personal life stuff is going ok but all the things are popping off everywhere or continuing to pop off and it's exhausting and infuriating and just... Always doing the thing. It's some bullshit

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

you follow me on twitter you nerd you know

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    I'm booked for a FFS onJune 6th, so that's something I'm looking forward to.

• Options
    Randy ButternubbsRandy Butternubbs Registered User regular
    Soooo my wife and I are dating a couple/our friends now? And I never thought I was poly but there's feelings and stuff (though never like...AGAINST being it)? And I'm kissing a cute guy a lot?

Like I know you don't need to have experience/be involved with someone to be bi, but I did have the thing in the back of my head going "Do you just like the idea of it/not have a problem trying it, or are you 'actually' bi" and it's uh...it wasn't that.

In other news I haven't 'dated' anyone since high school. How does one do a 'flirt' good?

• Options
    Soooo my wife and I are dating a couple/our friends now? And I never thought I was poly but there's feelings and stuff (though never like...AGAINST being it)? And I'm kissing a cute guy a lot?

Like I know you don't need to have experience/be involved with someone to be bi, but I did have the thing in the back of my head going "Do you just like the idea of it/not have a problem trying it, or are you 'actually' bi" and it's uh...it wasn't that.

In other news I haven't 'dated' anyone since high school. How does one do a 'flirt' good?

drop a handkerchief, bat your eyelids

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    bend over to pick up the handkerchief with your behind pointed at the target of your affections, hold the pose and look back coquettishly, wink to seal the deal

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    bend over to pick up the handkerchief with your behind pointed at the target of your affections, hold the pose and look back coquettishly, wink to seal the deal

DO NOT FART IT DOESN'T WORK

• Options
    unless... you have a match...

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options

That's true, I do!

• Options
    Kane Red RobeKane Red Robe Master of Magic ArcanusRegistered User regular
    I have a rude as heck question because I am old and lack vocabulary so hopefully y'all don't mind me asking here so I am not rude when I actually interact with someone who identifies this way.

Do we consider people who think they are multiple people part of the queer community and what is the non-rude terminology for that? Not two-spirit but what I would describe as a fairly harmless form of self-diagnosed schizophrenia. I've run into a handful online now (in discords populated by much younger folks) and while I think it's bizarre they don't seem to be hurting anyone so my default response is to let them identify however they want but I haven't interacted because well, I'm afraid I'd come off poorly.

• Options
    edited May 2022
    Plural/plurality/plural systems is the terminology I have seen people self-identify with the most, and I don't think it's a gender or sexuality-related thing in the way that all of the QUILTBAG things are, but it can certainly intersect with other kinds of minority struggles in the sense that it's an unusual way to be that plural people don't seem to have a choice about, merely about whether to be honest about it or not, and can potentially face refusal to understand and stigma for it.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    The only queer overlap I'm aware of is "two-spirit" being misunderstood as a plural thing.

OrokosPA.png
  • Options

Im apparently quite good at flirting.
    I don't know how or what Im doing. If Im in the "zone" its like Im being possessed by a crazy person who says things I would never utter but people respond to it.

• Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular

That's true, I do!

tbf Twitter timelines are a mess at the best of times and right now is [nervous laughter, holding back tears]

• Options
    lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular

Nope.

Grief from losing my mom in January comes in vast and powerful waves.
    Yesterday morning (my time) had me bawling on the floor under my desk.
    And then yesterday afternoon (my time) the other shoe from SCOTUS dropped.

I took a mental health day from work today.