Options

STAR WARS: Jedi Survivor and Jedi Fallen Order

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    Nope open world I want elden star wars, give me a mythical tauntan and the entire map of tattoine to explore every desert crevice.

I'm lying please don't do that.

Look, if you won’t won’t take it, I will.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Frem wrote: »
    Nope open world I want elden star wars, give me a mythical tauntan and the entire map of tattoine to explore every desert crevice.

Look, if you won’t won’t take it, I will.

"Explore the one place in star wars that remains unexplored, Tattooine, find these never before areas of the dune sea, lukes house, Obi Won's house, and other unexplored areas."

I joke but that's probably the Ubisoft game we're going to get.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    I'd be fine with them taking an Elden Ring approach.

But like, Limgrave+Weeping+Caelid. That should be big enough.

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular

I'm not please do that.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    But there’s not a second zone on tatooine

• Options

People on Tattooine have 100 words for sand.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular

Isn't that every Star Wars planet.

It's why you virtually need space travel in any Star Wars game. Just to get to some different biomes.

• Options

Isn't that every Star Wars planet.

It's why you virtually need space travel in any Star Wars game. Just to get to some different biomes.

I think Naboo has diverse climes, but we never see them, but yeah that's an issue with star wars in general. Planets are like species in scifi each one is defined by one biome and not a diverse one like our planet.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    Just make the map better. I liked unlocking shortcuts and different paths, and it was fine when going through an area the first time. But it was a completionist nightmare trying to find a given area and trying to map a way to get both there and back again. I'm looking at you, Zeffo.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    MancingtomMancingtom Registered User regular
    Yeah, at least fast travel between meditation points.

I wouldn't mind some mounted combat like in Jedi Academy.

Also, it'd be cool to have an urban environment.

• Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    I hope they have like some effort in the respawning of enemies to make it a little more immersive. Like seeing dropships land or take off to drop off troops. Or like troopers come in from buildings to the outside. It always just felt lame seeing troopers respawned without any reason. Like I get that’s the genre, but make some effort to texture it

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Fast travel should just be the classic Star Wars screen wipe transition

• Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    edited May 2022
    Really hope they stick to the guns on not allowing fast travel. I really really really enjoyed needing to learn a level for once.

Sorry for everyone who hates that, I'm being selfish I know, but still, that's my hope.

Morninglord on
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    I dunno I think you can still make a level tough and complex and have fast travel, like not comprehensive go everywhere stuff, maybe only certain points. It was mainly just a pain in the ass after I’d already figured out a level having to navigate it. I get where you’re coming from though

My guess with the kind of studio and pressures they’re under I don’t think they’ll be shaking the formula up too much

• Options
    Easiest way is to just go even more nuts with the shortcuts.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I'll be impressed if we get 50% or less of the planets being worlds we already know.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Really hope they stick to the guns on not allowing fast travel. I really really really enjoyed needing to learn a level for once.

Sorry for everyone who hates that, I'm being selfish I know, but still, that's my hope.

I agree, no fast travel or limited fast travel is something that has to really be planned for but can really help the feel of a game if done right.

• Options
    HardtargetHardtarget There Are Four Lights VancouverRegistered User regular
    I don't need any souls shit

Just make the gameplay fun, the story be good, and have lots of ponchos and i'm set.

I played the first game on Easy and the lightsaber actually felt like a lightsaber and you felt like a jedi and it was fucking great. The story is key, keep it good!

steam_sig.png
    kHDRsTc.png
  • Options
    Prohass wrote: »
    I dunno I think you can still make a level tough and complex and have fast travel, like not comprehensive go everywhere stuff, maybe only certain points. It was mainly just a pain in the ass after I’d already figured out a level having to navigate it. I get where you’re coming from though

My guess with the kind of studio and pressures they’re under I don’t think they’ll be shaking the formula up too much

Sure, I have been playing Dark Souls 3 and the levels are very tough and complex, but the moment you hit the next bonfire out you never really go back except for a few instances where the plot sends you back, so it seems a lot more like a set of unconnected levels even though everything is technically connected.

I feel like to make it a non-fast travel world there would have to have been a lot more shortcuts between areas though.

• Options
    BlueshiftBlueshift Registered User regular

I like this

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod

I know people working at DICE and the classic Star Wars transitions in the Battlefront games were hell to implement so they looked good.

• Options
    It was a big technical feat for the wipe transitions to look so good in ratchet and clank. Basically required the ps5s fast loading, cos you need two full scenes rendered at once for it to look right

• Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Screen wipe to a zoomed in photo of Jar Jar's face, then load, then screen wipe to the new location. Easy, what's the big deal.

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    First game is 10 bucks on everything right now

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I think it's time to do a quick NG+ run of the game. I loved the story and characters so I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

Hopefully upgrading/sending my save to the PS5 version will be easy.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    Prohass wrote: »
    It was a big technical feat for the wipe transitions to look so good in ratchet and clank. Basically required the ps5s fast loading, cos you need two full scenes rendered at once for it to look right

They said PS5 fast loading was the special sauce, but Digital Foundry found that the transitions worked just fine when running the game from an SSD with read speeds way below spec.

Blast processing!

https://www.digitalfoundry.net/2021-09-21-can-the-slowest-ps5-ssd-upgrade-run-ratchet-and-clank-rift-apart

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I thought the old Force Unleashed games had a good ratio of new planets to movie-planets.

An Elden Ring style map would be okay, if the planet they used is interesting enough. But I think I'd actually prefer a map more like Bloodborne or the old Metroid Prime maps. Lots of overlapping pathways and areas that circle back on themselves. (And shortcuts).

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I absolutely loved this game when it came out. I am so pumped for the sequel. It is one of the best Star Wars stories told in a while, with likeable characters and, shockingly, some complex villains. Poor Trilla.

I enjoyed the gameplay enough, and while I'd certainly like to see some improvements and changes, there was really nothing that pushed me away from combat. I felt like a Jedi, and that was what I wanted.

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    ArmsForPeace84ArmsForPeace84 Your Partner In Freedom Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I thought the old Force Unleashed games had a good ratio of new planets to movie-planets.

An Elden Ring style map would be okay, if the planet they used is interesting enough. But I think I'd actually prefer a map more like Bloodborne or the old Metroid Prime maps. Lots of overlapping pathways and areas that circle back on themselves. (And shortcuts).

The settings and world-building in those games was phenomenal. I don't even want to cite examples and risk spoiling them for someone who hasn't played TFU 1 & 2 yet because of all the "lightbat, targeting issues, apprentice in muh Soul Calibur" hate these titles get.

For me, it was the most satisfying fix of Star Wars I would get until Squadrons and The Mandalorian.

Nothing personal. It's just business.
  • Options
    I quite liked Force Unleashed, it was the beginning of "let's troll storm troopers" gameplay

I guess Jedi Knight 2/Academy had that but you could be sooo, so mean to troopers in that game

• Options
    You could be meaner to troopers in 2 and Academy, by far.

I played those games for like a year straight if you count up all my hours in them, I know of what I speak.

• Options
    I played them as 10 year old so I probably just lacked imagination

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I was about 22 I think, peak young man degeneracy.

Not to say you couldn't be very mean in TFU because oh my yes you could.

Morninglord on
  • Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    custom maps and spawning legions of storm troopers in JK2 and academy and just going full ham on them. That moment where you make a move and the AI scripting kicks in for all the spawned units and your computer freezes for a good 10 seconds.

You could do fun stuff like have Luke fight an AT-ST

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I remember joining the modded servers where everyone was a Jedi 24/7 and just did battles that way

Actually I might be thinking of Battlefront 2 lmao

Local H Jay on
  • Options
    Academy was a lot of fun till everyone stopped making duel lobbies, just did normal FFAs, but then forced everyone to stand in a circle and duel anyways? Just...just make the duel lobby!

• Options
    edited August 2022
    I have a confession, I beat Jedi Academy single player, which was great, but I honestly never understood how lightsaber combat worked at all. In the endgame parts with sith I would basically just run at them and spam until one of us died and reload if it was me.

Also for the record Jedi Academy was vastly superior to all the Jedi Knight games in single player. Jedi Academy was the point Raven actually got good at post-doom engine level design after the previous 3d quake engine games they did were pretty touch and go in that area.

Jealous Deva on
  • Options
    The funnest part of Academy was when people would dual wield, turn their sensitivity all the way up, and then used the move the made the sabers float around them. With the increased sensitivity they'd spin in place really fast and basically turn it into a half sphere of Doom that would instantly murder you. But, this tactic lost to double sided lunge, which I just so happened to use. So many easy kills.

• Options
    GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    Oh we're talking Jedi Outcast/Academy, the great saber games of all time?

*Kyle Katarn has entered the chat.*

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
  • Options
    edited August 2022
    The greatest funny tech Ive ever found in those games was force choke slipping.

Basically stronger enemy jedi would force push you out of choke instantly. But you could still apply a burst of momentum to them if you twitched the mouse as you press choke on them. They'd leave the ground and kind of hop sideways then land. If they were near a ledge this would toss them off.

One later mission has a super enemy sith dude sitting in the middle of a narrow ledge with a death drop on both sides.

Cant actually remember the last time I fought that guy normally.

Gravity works.

Morninglord on