Options

[GAME ON]Super Smash Bros. Brawl: Stupid Sexy Snake

• Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Masume wrote: »
    Added a ton of folks, now how do they all get registered? Stupid question I'm sure, but it's been that kind of day.

They have to add you back, but thanks to Nintendo's awesome online system, they have no idea that you added them.

Edit: also added Afro.

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    elevature wrote: »
    Elendil wrote: »
    So heres a random question. Has anyone seen any reference to phoenix wright or anything at all in Brawl yet?
    Phoenix Wright is Capcom, so uh no.

Sonic is Sega and Snake is Konami, so uh...shit.

Phoenix isn't in Brawl, but his being Capcom has nothing to do with it.

Yes, it has everything to do with it. Sega and Konami are obviously involved, Capcom isn't.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    HonzoHonzo Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Fuck. I'm getting the error that tells you to eject your disc and turn off your Wii... fuck. It doesn't say anything about disc read error and it doesn't give me an error code. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Honzo on
    "Get rich or die trying" -Bruce Lee
  • Options
    MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Added a ton of folks, now how do they all get registered? Stupid question I'm sure, but it's been that kind of day.

They have to add you back, but thanks to Nintendo's awesome online system, they have no idea that you added them.

Ahh right, forgot how shitty the FC system works. -,-

Masume on
    3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • Options
    vdanhalenvvdanhalenv Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

type out a generic message telling them you added them

copy and paste X number of times

send to all the people you added via MSN,Email,Forum Message etc...

and hope they get the message and add you back.

vdanhalenv on
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    elevature wrote: »
    So heres a random question. Has anyone seen any reference to phoenix wright or anything at all in Brawl yet?
    Phoenix Wright is Capcom, so uh no.

Sonic is Sega and Snake is Konami, so uh...shit.

Phoenix isn't in Brawl, but his being Capcom has nothing to do with it.

Yes, it has everything to do with it. Sega and Konami are obviously involved, Capcom isn't.
    Exactly. If Capcom had given permission to use their licenses in Brawl, you'd think we'd have more than a nod to a single, newer series.

Houk the Namebringer on
  • Options
    ZackSchillingZackSchilling Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Anyone up for a game now? I'm in CT. Code in signature.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    rabblerouserrabblerouser Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I have played for over 30 hours but no challenge smashed open. Am I doing it wrong?

rabblerouser on
  • Options
    TheCrumblyCrackerTheCrumblyCracker Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Panda is there something wrong with your connection? Every game you and I are in at the same time seems to crash it..

TheCrumblyCracker on
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

adding you

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    InfestedGnomeInfestedGnome Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I think my router and wii are conspiring against me so that I crush them both.

InfestedGnome on
    IGsig.jpg
    AKA [PA]Ilovepandas :D
  • Options
    EinEin CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

adding you

I'll add you guys in a minute, too, I'm in Jersey.

Ein on
  • Options
    DiannaoChongDiannaoChong Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So.... the NSMB song is in brawl, it came up during a classic mario stage during an event, I laughed so hard when I heard it that I fell off of my bed and failed the event. I probably shouldn't of laughed that hard at it, but man, it came out of nowhere and the lyrics fired up in my mind.

Edit: I.... I have an idea.....
    It involves kirby, Mr Game & watch, and warios bike. More to come.

DiannaoChong on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited March 2008

adding you

Cool. Give me a sec, I started up SSE thinking it would be a while.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    So.... the NSMB song is in brawl, it came up during a classic mario stage during an event, I laughed so hard when I heard it that I fell off of my bed and failed the event. I probably shouldn't of laughed that hard at it, but man, it came out of nowhere and the lyrics fired up in my mind.
    It took me a while to figure out why New Super Mario Bros. was funny

Ohhhhhh

Elendil on
  • Options
    RogarRogar Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Added RedMageDarion, TheCrumblyCracker and AfroJ. I'll add anyone that wants to be, seeing as I don't know anyone, personally, that owns the game.

And how much does location affect Brawl online?

Rogar on
    Pearl FC: 1676 7951 0481 - Platinum FC: 4082 6952 6888
  • Options
    RedMageDarionRedMageDarion Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Wow I am not doing well at all right now.

I don't know what's up.

RedMageDarion on
    Pokemon White - 3954.6369.6328
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    This is the first match I've played with moderate lag. All the others have been either flawless or unplayable.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008

Ohhhhhh

Wait what? Lyrics? Huh?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    JLM-AWPJLM-AWP Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Anybody in the Chicago, or slightly more expansive area wanna play a few in about 15 minutes?

JLM-AWP on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Dirty Lies!

Tabuu still catapulted me off the stage even though I was on the ledge.

My broken heart will never be cured.

Ein on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008

Ohhhhhh

I'm missing something.. explain?

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Guys my Wii can detect my network just fine.

But it can't download the Wii update or connect me online to play Brawl.

Try this stuff:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=4795793#post4795793

I have no clue how to change my router's open ports, because whatever software Linksys has for me to look at my network is gimped and doesn't let me modify the router's settings manually.

DarkPrimus on
  • Options
    MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    How many golden hammers are there in this game? Because i used one by accident and i wanted to have my hammer slots all filled up.

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm from NY, add me for a Brawl.

Send me a PM letting me know you added me, in the process of adding a whole bunch of forumers I had written down.

Shamus on
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Figgy wrote: »
    Guys my Wii can detect my network just fine.

But it can't download the Wii update or connect me online to play Brawl.

Try this stuff:

http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=4795793#post4795793

I have no clue how to change my router's open ports, because whatever software Linksys has for me to look at my network is gimped and doesn't let me modify the router's settings manually.

Open up IE and go to your router's IP address (usually 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.2.1) and try from there. If it asks for a username and password, it's usually admin with no password, or admin is also the password. If that doesn't work, google the model number of your router.
    Make sure you use IE too, my router doesn't accept changes from Firefox because of some weird issue.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Grabbing onto a ledge gives you only a second or two of invincibility. You'd still need to time the ledge grab pretty well with the wave for it to work (and isn't there more than one wave anyway?).

I would say to learn to spot-dodge (shield, then tap down), or if it is absolutely impossible, use a character that gains invincibility or super-armor during certain moves (like the aforementioned Kirby down-b, Ike's up-b, Yoshi's second jump), but honestly, if you can time those, then a simple spot-dodge should be cake.

Plus: Kirby's down-b will break if he absorbs significant damage...if more than one wave indeed comes out, it may be trouble.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Dirty Lies!

Tabuu still catapulted me off the stage even though I was on the ledge.

My broken heart will never be cured.

You timed it wrong. You're only invincible for maybe a second. You have to grab the ledge just as the attack is coming at you.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Grabbing onto a ledge gives you only a second or two of invincibility. You'd still need to time the ledge grab pretty well with the wave for it to work (and isn't there more than one wave anyway?).

I would say to learn to spot-dodge (shield, then tap down), or if it is absolutely impossible, use a character that gains invincibility or super-armor during certain moves (like the aforementioned Kirby down-b, Ike's up-b, Yoshi's second jump), but honestly, if you can time those, then a simple spot-dodge should be cake.

Plus: Kirby's down-b will break if he absorbs significant damage...if more than one wave indeed comes out, it may be trouble.

You can drop off the ledge and grab it again when the second wave starts coming at you. Also, I would've mentioned Ike, but I'm pretty sure that he's vulnerable when he's shooting up to his sword.

As for Kirby breaking, I don't remember just how fast the waves shoot out, but I'd imagine you could retrigger your down B before the second wave hits.

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    Tails CorraTails Corra Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Great games guys (TSR, Meta, Eliot... not sure who Panda was though).

Would've stayed on, but I have to get ready for work in the morning

Tails Corra on
    Wii FC: 4136 3615 8283 3576
    Brawl: 3265 4738 2973
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Nice games Eliot, Magus, and TSR. I really suck at Dodgeing Super Sonic.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Anyone know who Marb is? My (admittedly terrible) Luigi just got utterly destroyed by his Kirby. D:

IdolNinja on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I nerd people to play with right now

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    edited March 2008

I'm game. Adding now.

JLM-AWP on
  • Options
    UltimanecatUltimanecat Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    You can drop off the ledge and grab it again when the second wave starts coming at you. Also, I would've mentioned Ike, but I'm pretty sure that he's vulnerable when he's shooting up to his sword.

As for Kirby breaking, I don't remember just how fast the waves shoot out, but I'd imagine you could retrigger your down B before the second wave hits.

You're right about all of that. I think really what I was getting at was that doing stuff like that to avoid it is making an already nasty attack to manage even harder than it needs to be.

Making a break for the edge and going for multiple edgegrabs or hoping for a special move to save you isn't really simpler than just learning the timing of the spot-dodge.

Ultimanecat on
    SteamID : same as my PA forum name
  • Options
    Mr HeistMr Heist It's Heist-o-Matic! Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    I'm up for a match with someone... will it be you?!?

Mr Heist on
    mrheist-wide.png
  • Options
    MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    edited March 2008
    Mr Heist wrote: »

I'll be the one.

To take you down.

MetaHybrid on
    3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
  • Options
    edited March 2008

See, I can spot-dodge, it's just the timing that's killing me because I think I start a second too early and it's not like straight spot dodging, there's a small delay between them to survive it.

Ein on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    JLM-AWP wrote: »

I'm game. Adding now.

Your Brawl code is incorrect.

JLM-AWP on
  • Options
    edited March 2008
    Mr Heist wrote: »

I'm in a game that could use one more. Add me and get in.

ZackSchilling on
    ghost-robot.jpg