Options

Happy, Hoping, Hating, Bitching: Get off my lawn!

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    You don't fail the quest when you die there. You fail the quest as soon as you release spirit.

SabreMau on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: I got into an Altazhan tonight. With my healing being a little over 1000.

Hope: I get some decent loots.

BADGES!

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    But I wasn't even the one starting the quest, and I already had the quest completed and...

Oh well. I know that's how it is. Just venting, I guess...

whuppins on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Are all your Characters going to stay at level 69 Wuppins?

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Beyond NormalBeyond Normal Lord Phender Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So, Altazhan was a decent success. We only went from Attumen to Opera, and I got 7 badges. However, I also got 2 major upgrades.

Gloves of Saintly Blessings
    Ribbon of Sacrifice

Beyond Normal on
    Battle.net: Phender#1108 -- Steam: Phender -- PS4: Phender12 -- Origin: Phender01
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: T5 shoulders

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: Hammer of Judgement.

Now if I can ninja the T6 gloves I'll be a happy camper.

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    So one of our hunters has fallen out with our good hunter and has decided to argue over who gets to MD who on HKM.

Guess how well thats working out.

815165 on
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    815165 wrote: »
    So one of our hunters has fallen out with our good hunter and has decided to argue over who gets to MD who on HKM.

Guess how well thats working out.

Welcome to raid politics. Also, that is the point where a good raidleader will yell at both parties to get their goddamn shit together and tell them what to MD to whom. Because sitting there for 20 Minutes arguing isn't going to down that boss, and seriously, MD Drama? Thats as low as it can get, beaten only by DPS who think being told that Pyroblast spam isn't okay is also dramaworthy.

Kartan on
  • Options
    815165815165 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It turned out ok; I got my T4 shoulders, yay! Never had a tier item before.

Also Gruul downed in three shots (30%, 20%, dead), first time we've done them both in one night and the second time we've killed Gruul. I had to tank the last 20% on our kill and then died on the second to last attack Gruul made (last was a shot at a rogue who dodged), damn you, Gruul!

Biggest happy: I no longer look like every warrior on my server (S1 shoulders).

815165 on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hate: Lack of healers. When we're trying to get into SSC, and come invite time 0 healers actually whisper for invites with 30 people on in guild at the time...there's a problem. This shit is getting annoying.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    SporkacusSporkacus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Super Happy: Hourglass of the Unraveller!!

Sporkacus on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: found out what DST means

all i knew was that it was a lol-i-came-in-my-pants-just-a-little trinket for physical DPS classes, not what it actually was

Hate: guild drama. apparently, the GM made a deal with his brother that he would get his t5 shoulders for Ret if they dropped, without a) informing any other officers, or b) having any intention of sticking to it.

When the shoulders dropped, they were left till last. First, we distributed the Cowl of the Grand Engineer, then the Defender token. We use loot council, so you basically link the item you want to the master looter, and the officers then decide who gets it. The GM was our holy paladin, and was using Pauldrons of Wild Magic...some elemental shaman DPS shoulders from some heroic drop. We agreed pretty unanimously that he should get one. No one wants healers wearing DPS shoulders.

The second one was harder. I wanted mine, so I linked mine. Three rogues linked the ZA shoulders from Halazzi. I linked the rogue t5, and we agreed that the t5 was only better if you had the 2set bonus, and since we're a fair way from killing any other t5-dropping bosses, we decided to forego giving it to the rogues. The GMs brother didn't link his shoulders, he assumed he was getting them or something? So the officers had no idea.

It ended up coming down to me and a shaman healer. It was a pretty equal upgrade for both of us, and as a healer and a tank, we're both important people. In hindsight, I probably should have passed, but SHINY TIER FIVE mentality set in, and i wanted to do my best to win the item without being biased.

The other officers decided to let it come down to a /roll 100 between myself and the shaman. I won 75 - 15. Grats were given, loot was assigned, gemmed, and enchanted.

Then the GMs brother /gquits

Gchat erupts, the officers move to officer chat on vent, and we try to find out what happens. Its then that we discovered that the GMs brother, who raids as Holy as a favour to his brother (he wants to be Ret), was promised his t5 shoulders. I went and looked at the shoulders and they didn't even look that good but that aside, we are pretty naturally confused. We had been running with six healers, and then planning to do Solarian after VR.

With the brother quitting, that left us with five healers. We're good, but no one really wanted to try to kill a boss we'd never seen with five healers, so we called it there.

I'm happy about getting my tier 5, and I did win the roll fair and square, but I do feel guilty about getting them over the shaman.

Not to mention the guild drama of the brother. I *THINK* he's back in the guild now, and they were doing arena together before so I guess they made up, but still, it bothers me. I'm in a very good place to be applying to a new guild...sitting at 16k unbuffed, uncrushable and uncrittable with 17k armor, and I only need three drops from any of the bosses we are killin currently. T4 helm from Prince, and thats assuming I remain too lazy to level engineering for the helm (level 240 engineering as of last night, levelled it about 70 points), the neck from Maiden (still wearing CE rep neck), and VR's bracers. Thats it. Nothing from Gruul (don't need Aldori Legacy, I have the ZA shield from Jan'alai), nothing from Mag (his loot table is shit), nothing from Hydross or Lurker (no paladin tank items from them), nothing from TK trash (already have the Seventh Ring).

So basically, my gear is only going to get maaarginally better from here on in, and this realm is low on skilled paladin tanks.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Dhalphir wrote: »

all i knew was that it was a lol-i-came-in-my-pants-just-a-little trinket for physical DPS classes, not what it actually was

Hate: guild drama. apparently, the GM made a deal with his brother that he would get his t5 shoulders for Ret if they dropped, without a) informing any other officers, or b) having any intention of sticking to it.

When the shoulders dropped, they were left till last. First, we distributed the Cowl of the Grand Engineer, then the Defender token. We use loot council, so you basically link the item you want to the master looter, and the officers then decide who gets it. The GM was our holy paladin, and was using Pauldrons of Wild Magic...some elemental shaman DPS shoulders from some heroic drop. We agreed pretty unanimously that he should get one. No one wants healers wearing DPS shoulders.

The second one was harder. I wanted mine, so I linked mine. Three rogues linked the ZA shoulders from Halazzi. I linked the rogue t5, and we agreed that the t5 was only better if you had the 2set bonus, and since we're a fair way from killing any other t5-dropping bosses, we decided to forego giving it to the rogues. The GMs brother didn't link his shoulders, he assumed he was getting them or something? So the officers had no idea.

It ended up coming down to me and a shaman healer. It was a pretty equal upgrade for both of us, and as a healer and a tank, we're both important people. In hindsight, I probably should have passed, but SHINY TIER FIVE mentality set in, and i wanted to do my best to win the item without being biased.

The other officers decided to let it come down to a /roll 100 between myself and the shaman. I won 75 - 15. Grats were given, loot was assigned, gemmed, and enchanted.

Gchat erupts, the officers move to officer chat on vent, and we try to find out what happens. Its then that we discovered that the GMs brother, who raids as Holy as a favour to his brother (he wants to be Ret), was promised his t5 shoulders. I went and looked at the shoulders and they didn't even look that good but that aside, we are pretty naturally confused. We had been running with six healers, and then planning to do Solarian after VR.

With the brother quitting, that left us with five healers. We're good, but no one really wanted to try to kill a boss we'd never seen with five healers, so we called it there.

I'm happy about getting my tier 5, and I did win the roll fair and square, but I do feel guilty about getting them over the shaman.

Not to mention the guild drama of the brother. I *THINK* he's back in the guild now, and they were doing arena together before so I guess they made up, but still, it bothers me. I'm in a very good place to be applying to a new guild...sitting at 16k unbuffed, uncrushable and uncrittable with 17k armor, and I only need three drops from any of the bosses we are killin currently. T4 helm from Prince, and thats assuming I remain too lazy to level engineering for the helm (level 240 engineering as of last night, levelled it about 70 points), the neck from Maiden (still wearing CE rep neck), and VR's bracers. Thats it. Nothing from Gruul (don't need Aldori Legacy, I have the ZA shield from Jan'alai), nothing from Mag (his loot table is shit), nothing from Hydross or Lurker (no paladin tank items from them), nothing from TK trash (already have the Seventh Ring).

So basically, my gear is only going to get maaarginally better from here on in, and this realm is low on skilled paladin tanks.

Or why I hate loot councils.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    It's not as though any loot system would averted that kind of GL stupidity.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    BeckBeck Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Thomamelas wrote: »

Or why I hate loot councils.

Loot Council is almost always the worst way to assign gear. It's the only way I've lost loot to someone because they were shittier than me. "It's a bigger upgrade for him" is the most bullshit, illogical reason to give someone loot. Ever.

EPGP for life.

Beck on
    Lucas's Franklin Badge reflected the lightning back!
  • Options
    CharusCharus Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hate: Blackrock crashes while I'm in the middle of dailies.

Solution: Continuation of my ED safari.

I log in to find like 20g of stuff sold while I was gone. I'm not used to having this much cash on hand with no outside help. I get up for a few minutes to grab a drink and change some laundry, and come back to my comp to find that Soviet Waffle (or one of his lackeys) started up the Ray whispers again, and then got annoyed that I wasn't responding. FLAWLESS VICTORY.

While questing in Ghostlands, I get stalked by a Night Elf druid in cheetah form making suggestive emotes at me. He/she/it was killing my mobs after I tagged them, though, so I had that going for me.

Every time I stop in Silvermoon, I forget to buy spinal dust and rotting hearts. Fuck those quests.

At 4 am server time I'm treated to one of the most bizarre conversations in /2 I've ever witnessed in WoW. Some sort of Umberto-Eco-meets-drug-induced-metaphysical-babble-meets-Time-Cube-Guy conversation about how the universe and philosophy are math and that's why we're all fucked in 2012 or something. This is the first thing I saw after leaving Silvermoon and coming back a few minutes later.

edweirdconversationns0.png

tl;dr: RP servers are weird.

Charus on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    CripTonicCripTonic Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Beck wrote: »

Loot Council is almost always the worst way to assign gear. It's the only way I've lost loot to someone because they were shittier than me. "It's a bigger upgrade for him" is the most bullshit, illogical reason to give someone loot. Ever.

EPGP for life.

As a raider in a 4/6 Sunwell guild with 100% attendance, I disagree with you even though I would get EVERY DROP POSSIBLE I EVER WANT under a backwards DKP system.

If you have a fair loot council it is the best system by a huge and glorious margine. If you happen to be a Hunter or Shaman in T5 and beyond content, you need to suck up the fact that you will not get non-major tier pieces before tanks. Be glad that a few of the T5 and T6 pieces suck (Pants and Gloves for T5, Gloves and Helm for T6).

You do this because without geared tanks and healers you cannot accomplish future encounters. If you have all the content your guild is attempting to achieve on farm then defaulting tank and healer loot is silly, but if you're in a guild trying to accomplish any form of new content you will be held back by DKP system. I promise you this.

DKP systems succeed in doing a lot of inevitabilities in relation to loot distribution. They can (and usually will):
    1. Cause people to pass on definite upgrades because it devaules their points in a system, even though something is an upgrade resulting in a lot of Voids.
    2. Completely ignore lapses in itemization where lower, or 0 point valued items are better than higher valued items (see: DST, craftable gear, Arena weapons, etc.)
    3. Throw new people off the boat. Regardless of how systems decay, if you enter a raid to gear up and everyone had gear, you'll be at a deficit for quite some time. Alternately, if everyone is gaining at the same rate new people go no where in a system where points aren't being spent.

No successful endgame guild uses DKP because it causes further incentive for people not to raid. Not a lot of DKP but still the highest DPS Mage/Rogue/Druid/whatever in the guild? Ride bench, you're not going to get the item you want anyway. Loot systems with values enforce raid dodging mentality.

DKP systems in any format also do not identify 'side deals' between members in terms of either sniping an item from another member for cheap (in DKP more so than static value systems) nor allow for planned itemization paths for people may be able to acquire items you want but simply don't have points for because something else you've been stewing over happened to drop.

We've given people who were on their first raid with us Sunwell drops. You will never see this in an inflated DKP system where people are just looking to drop points to avoid decay.

If you don't have enough trust in your officers to not make stupid loot decisions, maybe you should find another guild.

CripTonic on
    0liDg.png
  • Options
    KartanKartan Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    wow, a 31 $ Dodge rate. thats like...quite a bit of money you are dodging there.

Kartan on
  • Options
    SanderJKSanderJK Crocodylus Pontifex Sinterklasicus Madrid, 3000 ADRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    We use EPGP, which works quite well for us (And we're in the process of killing twins, last night we got phase 2 4 times, it's just that we started with a retarded strat and it took a long time for the raidleader to get of his high horse). Loot council may be theoretically perfect, it's also by far the most prone to abuse. Having a system with clear rules is far less prone to politicking then having only one rule, which is "officers decide what's best". Of course there is some hoarding (mostly high prio people skipping t6 drops in sunwell because they know that they'll have it the week they decide to get it anyway, and they don't want to miss a much larger upgrade), but all loot gets sensibly taken (And officers can override if a bid is stupid).

Our decay rate is 3x 10% / week, which is fast enough to make the only consideration "will I see a better drop in the next 2-3 weeks".

SanderJK on
    Steam: SanderJK Origin: SanderJK
  • Options
    DemiurgeDemiurge Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I can't fathom a loot council being truly fair and I would not function well under it. "Oh that guy isn't very good and I don't really like him, I'll give this shiny new sword to the other guy".

My guild uses zero sum dkp, and while I'm currently in the pit (having my dkp reset for quitting for a few months and coming back) I don't really mind because I know that I'll get the upgrades eventually. The "I just want to have fun" line is getting old, I know, but it works for me :P

Demiurge on
    DQ0uv.png 5E984.png
  • Options
    JunpeiJunpei Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    I have no idea what CripTonic is trying to say. We've been using the same open bidding dkp system for a long time now and raid dodging has never been an issue at all. Hell we have more people than we can effectively use signing up to every raid and it's been quite a mission getting everyone into Sunwell to experience the first 4 bosses while we work on m'uru.

At least it has allowed us to form nicely stacked raids for trying things.

Junpei on
  • Options
    frylockedfrylocked Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That is why I am in a pvp guild, no drama over loot.

Also: Just hit 2k on my elemental shaman! Woot woot shoulders!

frylocked on
  • Options
    DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: Massive Upgrades Yesterday!

My druid MTed all of Karazhan, and got the tier 4 helm for my trouble! That gives me the 2p bonus for my dps, and a hella upgrade in armor over the gladiator helm. That run + a quick H mech put me at the 100 badges needed for my new chest. Goodbye blues, I hardly knew ye! (well, except the badge of tenacity. heh).

So now my druid sits at 16k health, 38.5% dodge, and over 31500 armor unbuffed.

Yeah I'm pretty much a beast right now.

Honestly I'm surprised I even won the helm. I've lost so many /rolls for tier 4/5 it isn't funny. I pretty much consider having to roll for something against more than just one other person an auto lose. Crazily enough, my mage is a high rolling bitch and doesn't suffer from the problem.

Maybe the RNG is just biased against chrs that were created around the same time the game was released :)

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: our guild killed Prince M for the first time last night. Of the 10 of us, I think I was the only one who had seen him deaded before, when I was helping out with another guild, way, way back last year.

As for loot distribution, we're pretty much just straight /random for it. Even when I was running the gruul's lair raids last month. Seems more equitable, especially if you've got a lot of people that are only going to attend that one raid; gives everyone a fair shot.

dojango on
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    RE: DKP

Doesn't it really depend on the guild? The guild I'm in switched to a full loot council setup after the officers realized that people were deliberately not rolling on gear to save DKP (to the point where we had shamans with kara shoulders refusing to roll on the healing mail shoulders from Leo). So far everybody's happy with how it's being handled.

On another note:

Happy: First kill of Rage Winterchill last night

Happy: After the raid I go to do my netherwing dailies and find 3 eggs

Even Happier: This morning I do today's, and I nab 4 eggs in a row. This got me up to Honored already.

Nobody on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Happy: right after all of the guild drama that i thought would implode the guild, the brothers made up, everything is ok, and we went into SSC and wtfpwned Lurker for our second kill, Tidewalker on the second attempt for a first kill, and Hydross on the third attempt for our first kill. The hydross one was ridiculously messy, he enraged at 6% and slowly died. Our DPS is normally great, what happened was that one of the beartanks assigned to picking up two adds just was too slow, and so adds were taking too long to kill.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited May 2008
    dojango wrote: »
    Happy: our guild killed Prince M for the first time last night. Of the 10 of us, I think I was the only one who had seen him deaded before, when I was helping out with another guild, way, way back last year.

As for loot distribution, we're pretty much just straight /random for it. Even when I was running the gruul's lair raids last month. Seems more equitable, especially if you've got a lot of people that are only going to attend that one raid; gives everyone a fair shot.

Grats, that fight is fun...for the first few kills. The the infernals just become annoying. Especially when retarded raid leaders insist on using the door strategy, which isn't safe anymore, and makes it very easy to get pinned in. And then the bastard doesn't drop his DPS ring. Again. And again. And again.

Bigity on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Prince is one of the few fights that can wipe any raid, no matter how well-geared, skilled, or "used" to the fight.

I don't know whether I like this or not.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    dojangodojango Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    once we freed ourselves from the "must find safe spots" mentality, it went pretty smoothly. Had to sub in a dps for the offtank, though, since dps was a little slow. But basically, it seems like prince just can't be brute-forced through; got to keep following the basic strategy, even if you outgear him. Even the best geared player is still going to have 1 hp when he gets hit with the enfeeble.

dojango on
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    That's not really true though. When you outgear him you kill him too fast for the infernals to matter.

shadowane on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    True.

And i suppose if you outgear it that much, you could just have your healers heal everyone through four infernal AOEs at once.

For fun.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    Thomase1984Thomase1984 Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happy: Kalegos dead

lol: bracers going for retarded amounts of DKP

In our system, we do DKP, but we do it bidding style (I like it, kinda exciting).

Warrior/Sham/? bracers went for 600DKP. 600... putting this in comparison terms, tempests of chaos recently went for 200-300, bulwark for illidan went for 590. Bracers... wow.

Extra lol: Went and cleared hyjal in 1 hour 40 minutes... on anatheron got doomed not once, not twice, but THREEEEEEE times in a row. Three. ><><><

edit:

ugh, i want to put together a nice ret set but fuck... i dont want to run 30 WSG's

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Hate: 51-60 AV. I just want the mace from the quest, it's going to last me at least until outlands, but these 16 AV marks on my shaman's inventory each came one at a time (Ok towards the end I was watching a Vice City LP, but still).

Amused: I started grinding on the kobolds in there, and I think it's what I'm going to do from now on to get both exp and the mace.

Annoyed: People who roll for off-spec gear they plan to use in the future. On Friday we cleared BT, and when we downed council I rolled on the legs for PvP Gear, the other hunter rolled for off-spec (PvP and off-spec are equal in the loot system. I think the only thing that might not be equal would be our fury warrior that off-tanks every now and then and PvP Gear). He started whining on vent about how he might actually use it and it could've been an upgrade, but if that was the case why did he try to get it for free!

Saddened: Ray stopped messaging me :(

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    Amused: I started grinding on the kobolds in there, and I think it's what I'm going to do from now on to get both exp and the mace.

I leveled my warrior in the cave ;p 65-70 on harpies!

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    edited May 2008
    im a posting whore today, what can i say?

What level can players enter stockades? was thinking of doin a little grind leveling of my little priest.

Thomase1984 on
  • Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    25? 23? Mid twenties.

Edit: Boss is now 25, so, probably as low as 21.

Soviet Waffle on
    League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    shadowaneshadowane Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    True.

And i suppose if you outgear it that much, you could just have your healers heal everyone through four infernal AOEs at once.

For fun.

Until phase 3, there are only ever 5 infernals on the ground and they only drop every 45 seconds. In phase 3 they start dropping every 15 seconds and this is when people get overwhelmed. However, once you overgear the instance, you kill Prince so fast that very few extra infernals drop and you don't have a problem.

shadowane on
  • Options
    whuppinswhuppins Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Are all your Characters going to stay at level 69 Wuppins?
    Oops, just saw this. Nah, I'm not planning on PvPing or anything at 69, if that's what you mean. I went 3-4 months without doing a thing in WoW, which is why those levels have been stuck there for a while. Not really sure what I'm going to do, but I'm trying to figure out something I can do for when everybody hits 70. Hm, I'll go ask the chat thread.

whuppins on
  • Options
    IshtaarIshtaar Fun is underrated. Registered User regular
    edited May 2008
    Happiness: A pally from my guild decided to set up a quick ~2 hour Naxx run on Sundays, clearing out 1 wing a week so folks that missed the content could come check it out. The first run yesterday was an overwhelming success... Corrupted Ashbringer dropped, and we got to take a fun RP stroll through SM afterwards. :D (I'm supper happy for him, he's a lore whore and that might have been his greatest moment in-game)

Not quite hate more like sadness: I lost the roll for my T3 robes. T3 Priest is such an amazing looking set, I can't wait for Naxx 2.0 so I can get it in a new, exciting color like slightly-darker-blue.

Hope: Necro-Knight's Garb drops. I <3 that model.

Ishtaar on
    FFXIV: Sith Lord ~ D3: Ish ~ Steam:Ishie
This discussion has been closed.