As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WoW] Bow down before the God of [Chat]

• Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Tyberius wrote: »
    The 1850 weapon is only 1400 arena pts (and 50k honor) WOOOO THAT IS SO AWESOME FUCK PVE WPN DROP RNG.

1400 rating doesn't sound /too/ bad, but how many games would that require now with the 0 rating system? I want to not want to kill myself after the 3rd set of arena games. (Where's the Feral love, Blizzard?)

assuming 20 points a game and all wins, that'd take 70

so probably between 100 and 140 depending how awful things are

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    GrundlestiltskinGrundlestiltskin Behind you!Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So apparently Algalon will only be up for 1 hour each week. That's kind of awesome.

Grundlestiltskin on
    3DS FC: 2079-6424-8577 | PSN: KaeruX65 | Steam: Karulytic | FFXIV: Wonder Boy
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Little Jim wrote: »
    The 1850 weapon is only 1400 arena pts (and 50k honor) WOOOO THAT IS SO AWESOME FUCK PVE WPN DROP RNG.

1400 rating doesn't sound /too/ bad, but how many games would that require now with the 0 rating system? I want to not want to kill myself after the 3rd set of arena games. (Where's the Feral love, Blizzard?)

Anything more than 20 games a month is pretty much insufferably annoying to me. Fortunately, they reduced the honor cost on the honor-only gear. Instead of most pieces costing 65-70k, most of them are 40-50k now. I don't see why they can't offer the good, current-season gear for exorbitant honor prices, though. I'd pay 75k a piece. Or they could raise the arbitrary and pointless honor cap, and I'd pay up to probably 100k a piece. Anything to avoid goddamn arenas.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Okay okay okay, hold on. I just saw the strangest fucking shit.

I flew over to where the Battle Before the Citadel quest is in Icecrown, only the phased part didn't load. So it was empty.

Until a Demon Hunter riding a Gryphon landed at the base of the steps, walked about 3 or 4 steps, then poofed. And the phased part loaded in about 3-4 seconds later.

What the fuck did I just see?!

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    JamesJames Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Okay okay okay, hold on. I just saw the strangest fucking shit.

I flew over to where the Battle Before the Citadel quest is in Icecrown, only the phased part didn't load. So it was empty.

Until a Demon Hunter riding a Gryphon landed at the base of the steps, walked about 3 or 4 steps, then poofed. And the phased part loaded in about 3-4 seconds later.

What the fuck did I just see?!

Something awesome.

James on
  • Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Lars wrote: »
    So they apparently made Exorcism only work in PvE and not PvP anymore in the newest patch.
    Blizzard says they really don't like that solution and will be changing it again. Apparently they don't want abilities working differently in pvp from pve.
    I say, why the hell not? If it'd stop me from getting nerfed in pve because of Arena, then I'm all for pvp working differently.

I'm sorry, I really don't feel like having two completely different keybinding setups for PvE and PvP. I already have that for my protection spec, expecting me to be happy and willing to deal with a third is bullshit.

Wavechaser on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Arkan wrote: »
    James wrote: »
    I don't know what part of "Our healer is OOM" is hard for puggers to understand.

The part where you assume they're intelligent enough to understand anything besides "dps skull".

In BC when I was playing my tank at 70 I would intentionally not use skull to piss off these exact people. It's like the universe goddamn explodes if you don't use skull.

Basically, if they figured it out, I put them on my "slightly less than retarded" list to regroup with. Complainers get ignored.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Jasconius wrote: »
    I don't know what part of "Our healer is OOM" is hard for puggers to understand.

The part where you assume they're intelligent enough to understand anything besides "dps skull".

In BC when I was playing my tank at 70 I would intentionally not use skull to piss off these exact people. It's like the universe goddamn explodes if you don't use skull.

Well, IMO, there's no reason to NOT to use skull. It's the icon that most universally says "kill this." I can't see any reason not to use it unless you don't get that concept or if you have something to prove.
    Basically, if they figured it out, I put them on my "slightly less than retarded" list to regroup with. Complainers get ignored.
    Honestly, you sound just as silly in that scenerio as the complainers. Sure they can make the effort and figure out what your doing; but you could just as easily do the what everyone is expecting and not try to intentionally confuse people.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Well, IMO, there's no reason to NOT to use skull. It's the icon that most universally says "kill this." I can't see any reason not to use it unless you don't get that concept or if you have something to prove.
    Honestly, you sound just as silly in that scenerio as the complainers. Sure they can make the effort and figure out what your doing; but you could just as easily do the what everyone is expecting and not try to intentionally confuse people.

Except maybe people are confused by the notion of attacking something else first are categorically handicapped, and therefore, unlikely to be able to cope with substantially harder tasks like tying shoes or chewing bubblegum.

I do have something to prove, and that it is the majority of pugging riffraff lack a neocortex.

It's not like I'm fishing for people who don't understand the concept, I am fishing for people who refuse to comply with as little reason as I have for throwing them a curve ball. The difference that I am the tank, and they are not.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    edited April 2009

Except maybe people are confused by the notion of attacking something else first are categorically handicapped, and therefore, unlikely to be able to cope with substantially harder tasks like tying shoes or chewing bubblegum.

I do have something to prove, and that it is the majority of pugging riffraff lack a neocortex.

It's not like I'm fishing for people who don't understand the concept, I am fishing for people who refuse to comply with as little reason as I have for throwing them a curve ball. The difference that I am the tank, and they are not.

Fair enough, but if I was in your group, I would probably be put off as, really, you'd be coming off as kind of an ass.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Hey quick question, my gf has a character on my account, but I'd like to buy her her own and move it off so we can play together. How does one go about doing that?

SniperGuy on
  • Options
    Little JimLittle Jim __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    Saeris wrote: »
    Little Jim wrote: »

Anything more than 20 games a month is pretty much insufferably annoying to me. Fortunately, they reduced the honor cost on the honor-only gear. Instead of most pieces costing 65-70k, most of them are 40-50k now. I don't see why they can't offer the good, current-season gear for exorbitant honor prices, though. I'd pay 75k a piece. Or they could raise the arbitrary and pointless honor cap, and I'd pay up to probably 100k a piece. Anything to avoid goddamn arenas.

i'm giving the arena one more chance to be fun

perhaps i will enjoy season 6

Little Jim on
    th_crabz.png
  • Options
    Bryse EayoBryse Eayo Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Rorus Raz wrote: »
    Bryse Eayo wrote: »
    Why don't I see more people bitching about Curse's blatant cash grab. WowMatrix was the best thing to happen to WoW in a long time.
    Because it's not a cash grab and WoWMatrix steals bandwidth.

It is when they start charging for the reasonable download rates/service. Which is exactly what Curse is planning.

Bryse Eayo on
  • Options
    CaedereCaedere S'no regrets BIRDIESRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Why don't I see more people bitching about Curse's blatant cash grab. WowMatrix was the best thing to happen to WoW in a long time.

It is when they start charging for the reasonable download rates/service. Which is exactly what Curse is planning.

Hasn't Blizzard enacted a policy preventing sites from charging for add-ons or soliciting donations for them?

Caedere on
    FWnykYl.jpg
  • Options
    xzzyxzzy Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Caedere wrote: »

Hasn't Blizzard enacted a policy preventing sites from charging for add-ons or soliciting donations for them?
    Only within the game.

Curse starts charging money, another site will spring up that gives everything free. It's the way of the internet.

xzzy on
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    Hey quick question, my gf has a character on my account, but I'd like to buy her her own and move it off so we can play together. How does one go about doing that?

Make sure the second account has the same last name and similar info... or just make the second account in your name with your info and you can do that.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    tallgeezetallgeeze Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    xzzy wrote: »

Only within the game.

Curse starts charging money, another site will spring up that gives everything free. It's the way of the internet.

I wish WoWace updater was still around. That thing was the best.

tallgeeze on
  • Options
    UltrachristUltrachrist Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Note it's 1400 points, 1850 rating.

The max point gain you can get is 47. Or at least that's what I was getting every single match up past 1k where we stopped. We lost 0 points for every game we lost and ended up 22 - 6 or something.

The system accelerates you to your matchmaking rating, so even really bad players should be seeing those 47 point games until they get close to where they should be. The matchmaking rating is shown after a game now. After the games today, we are ~2400 now, which is interesting since it is nearly 300 pts higher than what we ended S5 at.

RE: Exorcism -- yeah, I found that out in the middle of a damn arena match. Thanks for the heads up Blizzard! I get their stance on changing it to something more involved, but please don't let this take forever.

Ultrachrist on
    ultrachrist2.png
  • Options
    Zephyranthes91Zephyranthes91 Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Fair enough, but if I was in your group, I would probably be put off as, really, you'd be coming off as kind of an ass.

Holy shit, someone else that lives in Alaska! I'M NOT ALONE! >.<

Zephyranthes91 on
    sig-919109.jpg
  • Options
    SaerisSaeris Borb Enthusiast flapflapflapflapRegistered User regular
    edited April 2009

Only within the game.

Curse is just rolling out a "premium" section, as such sites are wont to do; they're not going to charge for anything they're already providing.

Saeris on
    borb_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    What does this premium section entail? As far as I understand they aren't allowed to charge for any addons under the current ToS.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    They can't force you to pay for mods. And WoWMatrix still steals bandwidth and bypasses donation requests and the mod maker's site entirely. I don't begrudge anyone who uses WoWMatrix, but don't get pissed when sites like Curse and WoWInterface finally take action against it.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    tallgeeze wrote: »

Only within the game.

They shut it down because it was too expensive to operate. And the guy didn't want to start charging people for the service.

Seg on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    The WoW addon business isn't involved enough that curse would be able to actually charge for addon downloads for very long.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Seg wrote: »
    tallgeeze wrote: »

Only within the game.

They shut it down because it was too expensive to operate. And the guy didn't want to start charging people for the service.

Doesn't "the guy" now work for Curse?

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    PierceNeckPierceNeck Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    So we kicked a couple people out of our vent tonight, because no one knew who they were.

They got pissed and started spamming our vent info in Dalaran because we "are gay and booted them for no reason".

PierceNeck on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited April 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    The WoW addon business isn't involved enough that curse would be able to actually charge for addon downloads for very long.
    People actually paid for Carbonite, believe it or not. Which is why Blizzard stepped in, I guess.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    So what did Carbonite do?

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2009
    What are all these new programs about? The ressurection scroll and the buddy program or whatever, how do they work in game to benefit your character?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    What are all these new programs about? The ressurection scroll and the buddy program or whatever, how do they work in game to benefit your character?

EDIT: Hang on, I think I got two things mixed up.

Recruit-a-Friend FAQ
    Scroll of Resurrection FAQ

Those should explain things.

Undead Scottsman on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Thanks!

One more question, sorry its been a long time (in WoW years) since I played. How common are Death Knights? Will it be pretty much pointless trying to make one since about half the population is one now or is it not that bad?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Not that bad. Play what you enjoy.

devoir on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    There have been quite a few but with Pallies been the new flavour of the month it should lower a bit. If your good most guilds are looking for good DK's anyhow (due to the high volume of crappy ones). You just have to play well.

TheGerbil on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Sounds good, I was pretty good when I played but I do not quite have the time I use to. Doing BWL/Ony/MC runs 7 days a week started to become a job. My friend talked me back into this game and said it is no longer anything like that anymore and the game is actually more casual friendly so I hope he is right.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited April 2009

Only within the game.

Until Curse proves that it's fucking lucrative as all hell, and then it's fucking Rapidshare for addons.

"Okay I need Questhelper. *20 minutes later*Okay now I need Omen *PLEASE WAIT 45 MINUTES FOR YOUR NEXT DOWNLOAD*"

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's only their premium service. The one that lets you use the autodownloader to update your mods as they come in, etc. They're not going to rapidshare charge you, jebus. You'd think the sky was falling.

devoir on
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    They're gonna start charging for Curse Client?

Awwww.

reVerse on
  • Options
    edited April 2009
    Dyscord wrote: »
    People actually paid for Carbonite, believe it or not. Which is why Blizzard stepped in, I guess.

Yeah, but most addons aren't carbonite, and they charged so little I'm amazed they made any money.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
  • Options
    ArkanArkan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    God, once you hit Champion the tournament becomes the best source of gold ever. 6 dailies (technically 8 but there's two pairs of them with the same objectives so you really only need to do 6 things), 5 of them in icecrown, half an hour... 150g. Plus saronite and titanium from flying around Icecrown.

Arkan on
    Big, honkin' pile of WoW characters
    I think it's hard for someone not to rage at mario kart, while shouting "Fuck you Donkey Kong. Whose dick did you suck to get all those red shells?"
  • Options
    PailryderPailryder Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    they've been saying they will charge for quite some time now for premium services...and still don't. holding breath equals less wow time :)

Pailryder on
This discussion has been closed.