As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Fail potions and find frog cards in [POTTERMORE]

• Options
    ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    hey who's pumpkinmoonwhatever and who's felicismarauderwhatever

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    taya and me, respectively

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    It doesn't do that for me

Ollivander is just like "hey welcome back I KNOW WHAT WAND YOU HAVE"

You have to go there from the chapter selection.

• Options
    ok uh

salt and pepper

dumb fuckin thing to collect

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Apple and Dragon, Twelve and a Half inches, Surprisingly Swishy
    Core wrote:
    As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.
    Wood wrote:
    Applewood wands are not made in great numbers. They are powerful and best suited to an owner of high aims and ideals, as this wood mixes poorly with Dark magic. It is said that the possessor of an apple wand will be well-loved and long-lived, and I have often noticed that customers of great personal charm find their perfect match in an applewood wand. An unusual ability to converse with other magical beings in their native tongues is often found among apple wand owners, who include the celebrated author of Merpeople: A Comprehensive Guide to Their Language and Customs, Dylan Marwood.

8-)

I was really hoping for applewood but I'll settle for Hawthorn

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I just started and my username is NoxNiffler19432 and I hope this thing is raaaaad. I will divulge details of sorting and wands when I know them.

• Options
    oh man seaweed

hot shit my fuckin cock just got hard over it

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular

uI2Q3.png

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    The badger in the profile icon at the top of the Pottermore page does kinda remind me of the Honey Badger.

• Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

You have to go there from the chapter selection.

Oh hey, it worked!
    The ash wand cleaves to its one true master and ought not to be passed on or gifted from the original owner, because it will lose power and skill. This tendency is extreme if the core is of unicorn. Old superstitions regarding wands rarely bear close examination, but I find that the old rhyme regarding rowan, chestnut, ash and hazel wands (rowan gossips, chestnut drones, ash is stubborn, hazel moans) contains a small nugget of truth. Those witches and wizards best suited to ash wands are not, in my experience, lightly swayed from their beliefs or purposes. However, the brash or over-confident witch or wizard, who often insists on trying wands of this prestigious wood, will be disappointed by its effects. The ideal owner may be stubborn, and will certainly be courageous, but never crass or arrogant.

MY WOOD IS PRESTIGIOUS

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Dude I SAID gotta go to the diagon alley chapter

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    whoops I sent the salt and pepper to the wrong B.

• Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Not afraid of your Ash wood.

• Options
    apparently Ash wood has been said to repel snakes

watch out Slytherins

• Options
    Taya wrote: »
    Not afraid of your Ash wood.

you should be

• Options
    edited April 2012
    i bought a tawny owl

i thought about getting a toad but i saw "tawny owl" and thought of this:
    SO ALSO IN KINDERGARTEN I APPARENTLY THOUGHT THAT THE KIDS IN MY CLASS DIDN’T KNOW ENOUGH ABOUT COUGARS FOR SOME REASON, BECAUSE I DEFINITELY MADE A SWEET COUGAR QUIZ WHICH I INSISTED ON GIVING OUT TO THE CLASS THE NEXT DAY.

WHAT COLOR IS THE COUGAR? GOLD? NO! BROWN? NO! RED? NO! THE ANSWER IS TAWNY.

and the deed was done

Buttlord on
  • Options
    i have been responding to questions with NO THE ANSWER IS TAWNY for three days now

• Options
    I was thinking about getting a Barn owl because I utterly adore them

but then I remembered how much I love cats, Tabbies especially

so I now own a Ginger Cat and he is the cutest

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Is it just or does Rowling keep hitting on me

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    TossrockTossrock too weird to live too rare to dieRegistered User regular
    goddamnit I'm stuck at "Arriving at Diagon Alley" and the next one ("Harry and Hagrid visit Gringotts") is locked because "Parts of the experience are locked so that the story is not spoiled for you."

FUCK YOU, WEBSITE

sig.png
  • Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Tossrock wrote: »
    goddamnit I'm stuck at "Arriving at Diagon Alley" and the next one ("Harry and Hagrid visit Gringotts") is locked because "Parts of the experience are locked so that the story is not spoiled for you."

FUCK YOU, WEBSITE

There is a piece of paper on the ground in front of Gringott's. Depending on your resolution you might have to scroll down to see it.

• Options
    12 and a half inch unyielding elder
    The rarest wand wood of all, and reputed to be deeply unlucky, elder wands are trickier to master than any other. They contain powerful magic, but scorn to remain with any owner who is not the superior of his or her company; it takes a remarkable wizard to keep an elder wand for any length of time.[2]
    The old superstition, ‘wand of elder, never prosper,’ has its basis in this fear of the wand, but in fact, the superstition is baseless, and those foolish wandmakers who refuse to work with elder do so more because they doubt they will be able to sell their products than from fear of working with this wood.[2]

The truth is that only a highly unusual person will find their perfect match in elder, and on the rare occasion when such a pairing occurs, it may be taken as certain that the witch or wizard in question is marked out for a special destiny. Interestingly, Garrick Ollivander found - during his long years of study - that the owners of elder wands almost always feel a powerful affinity with those chosen by rowan.[2]
    with dragon heartstrings
    As a rule, dragon heartstrings produce wands with the most power, and which are capable of the most flamboyant spells. Dragon wands tend to learn more quickly than other types. While they can change allegiance if won from their original master, they always bond strongly with the current owner.

The dragon wand tends to be easiest to turn to the Dark Arts, though it will not incline that way of its own accord. It is also the most prone of the three cores to accidents, being somewhat temperamental.

in short

i rule

• Options
    i'm getting so into these snippets from rowling

i want to know more about secret magic wizard trains

how do people not see this bright red train pulling out though

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    i'm getting so into these snippets from rowling

i want to know more about secret magic wizard trains

how do people not see this bright red train pulling out though

Muggles just don't pay attention

• Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I really really enjoy the essays.

I particularly liked the three-parter about McGonagall's tragic past.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    My wand is FIR WITH UNICORN CORE, TEN AND THREE QUARTER INCHES, UNYIELDING I have no idea what that means!

• Options
    facetious wrote: »
    I really really enjoy the essays.

I particularly liked the three-parter about McGonagall's tragic past.

where is this i need it

also

i love that the Express is literally just a train they stole from muggles

• Options
    Peen wrote: »
    My wand is FIR WITH UNICORN CORE, TEN AND THREE QUARTER INCHES, UNYIELDING I have no idea what that means!

It means you are a terrible wizard.

• Options
    btw if you find yourself losing to the body bind charm a lot it's because it's the next tier up and really hard to beat with a low level spell

do a few more chapters and you'll unlock it

• Options
    Part one is in chapter 7, part two is in chapter 8, part three is in chapter 15.

Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    edited April 2012
    also

I love that her boss at the Ministry had the surname "Urquart".

I can't believe that's not a reference to Francis Urquhart. (The fan theory that the "Muggle Prime Minister" we see briefly in HBP being FU is still one of my favourite improbable-but-fun theories.)

facetious on
    Real strong, facetious.

• Options
    the Sorting Hat is literally just a magical version of drawing names out of a hat

that's cool

• Options
    hufflepuff motherfuckers

• Options
    guys hufflepuff has the coolest secret door/common room/dorms in general

hufflepuff best puff

• Options
    SUPER POWERFUL WAND

Assigned to Hufflepuff

Hilarious

• Options
    RubberACRubberAC Sidney BC!Registered User regular
    I don't really understand what this is
    i went through it long enough to get sorted into hufflepuff
    as every good, proper person should

and now its like
    i dont know
    is this a game?

• Options
    yeah, enjoy crawling on your belly through a beer barrel

• Options
    hey bfl

fistbump

hufflepuff bros

• Options
    Skull Man wrote: »
    yeah, enjoy crawling on your belly through a beer barrel

i'm right next to the kitchens

easy access to food

• Options
    Buttlord wrote: »
    hey bfl

fistbump

hufflepuff bros

What?

I'm Ravenclaw.