We have a new update on The Future of the Penny Arcade Forums.

Two Worlds 2

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You can change the icons to words in the options, actually.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    You can change the icons to words in the options, actually.
    This was pretty crucial for me.

Because even after switching the Safe Area thing On, I still lose about half an inch from either side of my screen. So I couldn't see the icons for item stats AT ALL. Now I can see the second half of the word and get the idea.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • LoathingLoathing Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All I gotta say right now is

Fuck Giant Ants

and

Fuck Scorpians

Loathing on
    edited February 2011
    Basically, if it has giant in its name, fuck it.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

edited February 2011
    Loathing wrote: »

Fuck Giant Ants

and

Fuck Scorpians
    I've gotten to the point now (at level 13) that I can take Giant Ants pretty reliably.

Scorpions I have to kite and catch on geometry so I can plink them to death.

My newest toys are a pair of morningstars. I've got one that does 130 damage and another that does 102. I miss the reach from my lance, though.

OptimusZed on

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blackjack wrote: »
    Basically, if it has giant in its name, fuck it.

That doesn't sound like good advice at all!

captaink on
    edited February 2011
    It is the best advice.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

• DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    Loathing wrote: »

Fuck Giant Ants

and

Fuck Scorpians
    I've gotten to the point now (at level 13) that I can take Giant Ants pretty reliably.

My newest toys are a pair of morningstars. I've got one that does 130 damage and another that does 102. I miss the reach from my lance, though.

Ants and shit are pretty easy, because of one simple thing. When in the middle of an ability animation, you're invicible. You can usually get two swings in between their attacks. So for my polearm guy its swing-swing-Radial Barrage. Two more swings and Block Breaker, two more and Breaker is up again, if not use Battle Cry then Break, back to Radial if they're still alive (Probably not).

Docshifty on
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Picked up the game today. Aside from the corniness at the beginning I have to say that is one of the best openings in a game ive done in awhile. Currently done with the prologue and working on my mage.... still havent decided what to put points into for mastery. I am happy with this game it is has great environments and the context buttons arent as bad as the reviewers stated it was.

Jubal77 on
  • KizKiz Melbourne, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just started this and after going through the tutorial stuff decided to go with a mage, the melee combat felt really awkward to me. Is there anywhere in particular I should be storing my stuff? I used the codes to get a bunch of items and I'm just somewhat wary of dumping them in any old chest, lest it become unavailable to me later.

Kiz on
    PSN: Kiz-ziK | Gamertag: KizziK | Steam: Kizzik
  • Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Melee combat feels awkward to me too. I just spam left click and things die, it's either really easy or I just die suddenly.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • SyrionusSyrionus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Melee combat feels awkward to me too. I just spam left click and things die, it's either really easy or I just die suddenly.

If you are just spamming left click, then you are not doing it right. My friend is playing a melee character and he is using all of his moves when they come off of cooldown. It looks cool as shit when he does it too. He also has a Ranger that he loves to use but he has to switch to melee when they get too close, but if he hits things a certain way, they die before they even get close to him. I am starting to think that all of the classes are fun to play in this game. Well, I am not so convinced on the Assassin but we shall see. Another friend of mine has a Mage that is summoning scorpions and then nuking the crap out of everything. Rain of Fire or whatever the hell that spell is supposed to be, blows everything thing up in the area.

Syrionus on
  • DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ANGLE OF PROTECTION! I was trying to figure out what the crap that symbol meant on the shield. I found one shield that had a huge number, but I was finding higher level shields and they never had a number that high. I guess there isn't a defense stat on shields. That makes me happier about my shield too... it's like 120 degrees protection.

Dyvion on
    Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
    edited February 2011
    Syrionus wrote: »

If you are just spamming left click, then you are not doing it right. My friend is playing a melee character and he is using all of his moves when they come off of cooldown. It looks cool as shit when he does it too. He also has a Ranger that he loves to use but he has to switch to melee when they get too close, but if he hits things a certain way, they die before they even get close to him. I am starting to think that all of the classes are fun to play in this game. Well, I am not so convinced on the Assassin but we shall see. Another friend of mine has a Mage that is summoning scorpions and then nuking the crap out of everything. Rain of Fire or whatever the hell that spell is supposed to be, blows everything thing up in the area.
    As melee you have basically 4 "tricks" and your basic attack. 3 from your weapon, and one that is a charge attack where you run up to an enemy and, with the run trigger held down, execute an attack. It gets you a little extra range on that first hit, and if you're leveraged toward melee it can take out one of the enemies before they can even react.

OptimusZed on

• amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hate you all, I wanted to wait until this game was $30, but noooooooooooooo.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I'm level 10 and still in Chapter 1. The scenery in this place hasn't been terribly interesting. Will there be some cooler looking locations as I get further into the game?

I finally hit Chapter 2 (level 30ish now) and it's basically ancient China. It looks pretty cool. I do know there are also some other varied areas in the game.
    OptimusZed wrote: »

Heh, if you hate scorpions, wait until you get to the Tower of Fangs.

I have two swords (the Kit Rae looking ones) that do about 980 base damage each, with about 400 elemental damage added on to each. Good times.

Sir Carcass on
  • Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All I do currently is summon Death Knights. They take care of everything while I have a sit down.

All this weapon talk and effort... No thank you.

Magic Pink on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kiz wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in particular I should be storing my stuff? I used the codes to get a bunch of items and I'm just somewhat wary of dumping them in any old chest, lest it become unavailable to me later.
    The chest in your room on Alsorna should be fine, I use it all the time.

Zilla360 on
    edited February 2011
    Zilla360 wrote: »
    Is there anywhere in particular I should be storing my stuff? I used the codes to get a bunch of items and I'm just somewhat wary of dumping them in any old chest, lest it become unavailable to me later.

Is that the starter island? If so, no, it's definitely not ok to use.

Magic Pink on
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Zilla360 wrote: »

Is that the starter island? If so, no, it's definitely not ok to use.
    How come? Does something happen to the starter island later on? I'm just at the beginning of chapter 3.

Zilla360 on
    edited February 2011
    That chest will eventually not be accessible.

Magic Pink on
  • DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In regards to personal storage, can you own any property in this? I'm still in Chapter 1, mostly been doing side-quests from the job board, so I haven't gotten too far. I wonder if you could just find an empty house and use the chests there. There are certainly a number of houses where tragedy struck, mostly in the form of you killing everyone in them.

Dashui on
    Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You can buy a house in Hatmandor. I think it's 50,000 gold and it mentions having a lot of storage for your things. It does have a lot of chests and cabinets, so I assume they don't empty or become inaccessible.

Sir Carcass on
    edited February 2011
    Dashui wrote: »
    In regards to personal storage, can you own any property in this?

Yes. I'm more suprised anyone would need stoarage tho. I always have a best of to use and anything else gets sold or broken up. There's no point to hold onto things.

Magic Pink on
  • MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is there any way to sort my inventory, or see what I have equipped in different sets other than checking them? It's getting difficult to see if what I'm breaking down is currently in another set, and the game stopped giving me the warning about an hour ago.

MalReynolds on
    "A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
    edited February 2011
    Is there any way to sort my inventory, or see what I have equipped in different sets other than checking them? It's getting difficult to see if what I'm breaking down is currently in another set, and the game stopped giving me the warning about an hour ago.

No, sadly. I don't like that either.

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    You can change the icons to be small through the interface options to show more of your inventory at once.

Sir Carcass on
  • Ragnar DragonfyreRagnar Dragonfyre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    These tombs are rather intimidating. I managed to stumble my way through the second one, but I was horribly lost for awhile. I actually started panicking thinking I would never find my way out. :P

I'm gonna have to break out the graph paper for the next one. These tombss are ridiculously labyrinthine.

Ragnar Dragonfyre on
    steam_sig.png
    edited February 2011
    These tombs are rather intimidating. I managed to stumble my way through the second one, but I was horribly lost for awhile. I actually started panicking thinking I would never find my way out. :P

I'm gonna have to break out the graph paper for the next one. These tombss are ridiculously labyrinthine.

Just follow a wall, you silly fellow.

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    For the first few you can get through them pretty easily just turning left every time and then turning right on your way out. You'll eventually hit one that will lead you in a circle that way. That one sucks, but the ones after that have a trick to navigating them that you should notice.

Sir Carcass on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

this way you don't necessarily cover the whole labyrinth, though!

Alfred J. Kwak on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alright.

I hated the first Two Worlds, but I played that on the 360 and my original intent was online co-op with a friend. The box lied.

I don't really like the controls/combat in Divinity II. I would prefer combat to be more "action" oriented for a third-person RPG, rather than trading blows and staring at numbers. I play MMOs for that.

I would love a third-person RPG akin to Elder Scrolls, but with less dialogue and more character building.

Will I like this? And 360 or PC?

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
    edited February 2011

Yeah, you do! Unless there's two centers you'll see everything. IS SCIENCE

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011
    Figgy wrote: »
    Alright.

I hated the first Two Worlds, but I played that on the 360 and my original intent was online co-op with a friend. The box lied.

I don't really like the controls/combat in Divinity II. I would prefer combat to be more "action" oriented for a third-person RPG, rather than trading blows and staring at numbers. I play MMOs for that.

I would love a third-person RPG akin to Elder Scrolls, but with less dialogue and more character building.

It's very likely. This is nothing like the first game. Combat is a little sloppy, similar to Divinity, but magic is a hoot.

Magic Pink on
  • FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alright.

It's very likely. This is nothing like the first game. Combat is a little sloppy, similar to Divinity, but magic is a hoot.

Errr, damnit. The combat in Divinity is one of the main reasons I haven't touched it after the first couple of hours.

I just found a demo on the official site, though, even if Steam doesn't offer one. Guess I've got no reason not to check it out.

Figgy on
  • Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

you can have a room 'hanging' inside a bigger room that doesn't touch the outer walls and you'll never see what's inside (if I'm not horribly mistaken)

Alfred J. Kwak on
    edited February 2011

you can have a room 'hanging' inside a bigger room that doesn't touch the outer walls and you'll never see what's inside (if I'm not horribly mistaken)

If there's a way into that hanging room, the wall will follow the rest of the dungeon.

Figgy on
    edited February 2011

If there's a way into that hanging room, the wall will follow the rest of the dungeon.

No, in this case, what is being talked about would be a room inside a room with walls that don't connect. So you wouldn't get into that with the One Hand On A Wall trick.

Magic Pink on
    edited February 2011

No, in this case, what is being talked about would be a room inside a room with walls that don't connect. So you wouldn't get into that with the One Hand On A Wall trick.

Ah, right. I was picturing a room hanging in a room that has a tunnel up and over said room, from another room.

Figgy on
  • DerrickDerrick Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Link to the demo?

Derrick on
    Steam and CFN: Enexemander