As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Valkyria Chronicles Thread: >Be teenage girl from another universe.

• Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Bursar wrote: »
    Odds of it being released here, even if it was happening? Slim to none. :(

Might be more likely with digital releases than physical copies.
    I don't know the costs involved, but surely niche titles would be easier to release online, so you're not risking the costs of printing X copies for stores and not selling them, right?

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    The WolfmanThe Wolfman Registered User regular
    If it did exist, I'd have the slight hope that since it's PS4, and the PS4 is selling gangbusters, it might have a shot at localization. Hate Sega all you want, but we all know the true reason 3 never came over here is because the PSP was already decomposing in its casket.

"The sausage of Green Earth explodes with flavor like the cannon of culinary delight."
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    You know as fun as it is to yell at sega and other companies for not translating their games and bringing them over to the west, walking around game stores here in Japan the majority of things I see on the shelves would sell like complete dog shit in the West, at my best guess. I would hate to be the guy in charge of deciding what to translate and bring over because guessing what will be a big hit, a niche cult classic, and a total flop sounds like a real pain in the arse.

• Options
    StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Well, that guy in charge should just read this forum, and then he'd know what games to localize.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    How difficult would it be to localize since, they really only need to do the 3rd one?

Essentially the text and voice work is already completed for 1 & 2, right?

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    StollsStolls Brave Corporate Logo Chicago, ILRegistered User regular
    Considering I got a PS3 for Valkyria Chronicles, I suppose it's only fitting I get a PS4 also for Valkyria Chronicles.

Seriously Sony, that's what it'd take for me to pull the trigger. It's that simple.

kstolls on Twitch, streaming weekends at 9pm CST!
    Now playing: Teardown and Baldur's Gate 3 (co-op)
    Sunday Spotlight: Horror Tales: The Wine
  • Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Considering I got a PS3 for Valkyria Chronicles, I suppose it's only fitting I get a PS4 also for Valkyria Chronicles.

Seriously Sony, that's what it'd take for me to pull the trigger. It's that simple.

I got a PS3 for FF13, but Valkyria Chronicles was the first game I played, since FF13 didn't come out for a week later and I needed something to play in the mean time. Man was I not disappointed.

That said, I still have my original everything if I wanted to play, so I'd need to see the 2 and 3 combo to get a PS4. (Or FF15 could come out, but that's never happening).

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    How difficult would it be to localize since, they really only need to do the 3rd one?

Essentially the text and voice work is already completed for 1 & 2, right?

They could pull an X-Seed/AKSYS and license the already done fan-translation work for 3, and edit/touch it up. And then leave the Japanese voices in to save on overhead.

AND THEN THEY COULD GIVE US YAKUZA 5 WHILE THEY'RE AT IT, DAMNIT!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    This week's famitsu leak has Valkyria Chronicle 1 Remake, 2&3 Remake coming out for Playstation 4.

-1 releasing this summer, 2&3 fall.
    -1 has visual upgrade
    -2 and 3 are remake with graphics based on 1's visual style
    -includes every DLC
    -lots of balance adjustments

source is 2ch leak but its reliable source so its basically confirmed.

edit: It seems like its 2 separate titles. 1 is releasing separately and 2&3 are collection. here

Fucking ace.

crazy-dance.gif20130123221606!Artie_Happy_Gif.gif
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    This week's famitsu leak has Valkyria Chronicle 1 Remake, 2&3 Remake coming out for Playstation 4.

-1 releasing this summer, 2&3 fall.
    -1 has visual upgrade
    -2 and 3 are remake with graphics based on 1's visual style
    -includes every DLC
    -lots of balance adjustments

source is 2ch leak but its reliable source so its basically confirmed.

edit: It seems like its 2 separate titles. 1 is releasing separately and 2&3 are collection. here

Fucking ace.

The source for the leak is apparently not reputable. So, don't hold your breath.

Supernatural-Dean.gifLove-and-Other-Drugs.gif

• Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    What's going on here, what's happening?

(Reads.)
    zllehs wrote: »
    (.gifs)

Yup.

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    ChanceChance Registered User regular
    Valkyria Chronicles rated for PC by PEGI. -source- -image-

'Chance, you are the best kind of whore.' -Henroid
  • Options
    Confirmed via Sega's Twitter feed, apparently.

Holy god damn it's really happening. I... no words, man. I got nothing. I'm just gonna sit here and bask in the news for a minute, or all day.

• Options
    vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Means shit to me unless it leads to VC3 getting officially localized and/or a revival of the series.

• Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    Somewhere deep inside, I'm hoping good sales for VC on PC will make Sega revive the entire series on PC. On the other hand... :Sega:

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    Stolls wrote: »
    Confirmed via Sega's Twitter feed, apparently.

Holy god damn it's really happening. I... no words, man. I got nothing. I'm just gonna sit here and bask in the news for a minute, or all day.

I'm not buying this game again, because I still have my original copy, and a PS3 to play it on. This will of course tank sales, and Sega will decide "I guess people really don't want this series anymore."

• Options
    Akilae wrote: »
    Somewhere deep inside, I'm hoping good sales for VC on PC will make Sega revive the entire series on PC. On the other hand... :Sega:

My faith in Sega is so far below rock bottom it's past the nine hells, past the giant abyss, and somewhere in negative imaginary number land.

• Options
    Oh I have no faith in Sega whatsoever, but this seemed like a complete and utter pipedream even just yesterday. Worst case scenario this just tacks on a few sales to an already long tail. If it winds up being more than a few sales... hell, who knows. I am still very much shocked that this is even happening.

Hell, it seems like JRPGs routinely get on Steam and start selling like hotcakes. They are hongry for stuff like this.

• Options
    Darth_MogsDarth_Mogs Registered User regular
    Yeah, I mean, cool for people who don't have a PS3 and VC yet, but there's not a lot for the people who've already bought into the series and had their hearts broken. Again and again.

Kupowered - It's my Blog!
  • Options
    Broken the hearts of Shenmue fans.
    Broken the hearts of Valkyria Chronicles fans.
    Broken the hearts of Yakuza/Ryū ga Gotoku fans.
    Broken the hearts of Phantasy Star fans.

• Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    Fuck it, I'm buying it.

Gonna ride this depression train to the end.

Depends on price, of course. But under 20 seems worth it.

• Options
    I hope you have enough shot glasses lined up.

Me? I only have the burning seething hatred of a Green Sun Prince.

Oh! Sega also killed the Shining series outside of Japan. The last game in that series to reach western shores was back in 2005, iric.

• Options
    zllehszllehs Hiding in a box, waiting to strike.Registered User regular
    This game is 6 years old sega... WTF were you waiting for?!

NO! NOPE!

I promised myself i would stop trying to figure out Segas stupid fucking decisions a long time ago.

Lets just hope someone who hasnt played it yet gets to.

• Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    If the port is good and Sega prices it to move, they could be on to something. SEGA's PC division has been pretty good recently.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    I bought a PS3 for Valkyria Chroncles and I'm getting it for PC. Hopefully they'll end up porting the PSP games, too.

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
    Localised remakes of 2 and 3 for PC would be nice.

But this being Sega, who the fuck knows what they'll do.

• Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    I saw the news about VC 2&3 being localized then saw it was fake.

Why do sick people like that have to exist in this world?

• Options
    FremFrem Registered User regular
    I HEAVE HEARD RUMORS THAT GLORIOUS CEL-SHADED BATTLE WILL COME SOON TO PC.

Which is cool, because I'll probably never have a PS3. The only things left are announcements of Team Fortress 2 hats for preorders and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed DLC.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Frem wrote: »

Which is cool, because I'll probably never have a PS3. The only things left are announcements of Team Fortress 2 hats for preorders and Sonic & All Stars Racing Transformed DLC.

I could see Scout with a Rosie haircut and Heavy with Largo's sideburns.

Also the anti-tank lances being a soldier launcher.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Demoman can get a mortar-lance? Those things were always so nice for flushing cover, but the cost of giving up AT lances made it iffy (and elite scouts got rifle grenades that served the same purpose of negating cover, except with far better mobility and not giving up their main weapon... not to mention a certain scout who is just a tad OP).

Pyro of course gets a Ragnite flamethrower.

Yes, I see thing working very nicely.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I don't think I ever used a mortar-lance in the game.
    I like that all these 'niche' last-gen games are suddenly getting PC ports, as it'll hurt less when I finally upgrade to a PS4 and have to stick the PS3 in a draw somewhere.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • Options
    Panda4YouPanda4You Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Would this come out on Steam I'd be day 1 queuing... outside... the Steam store or something. VC seems like a very interesting and engaging game but I don't have nor ever will have any consoles.
    Just among my acquaintances there's quite a few people I'd see buying this as well.

Panda4You on
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Broken the hearts of Shenmue fans.
    Broken the hearts of Valkyria Chronicles fans.
    Broken the hearts of Yakuza/Ryū ga Gotoku fans.
    Broken the hearts of Phantasy Star fans.

You forgot Guilty Gear. They fucked up Guilty Gear. And I enjoy Action RTS games.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    AkilaeAkilae Registered User regular
    And Bayonetta. Yes, it's on the WiiU, but Sega is still an idiot for letting it slip through their fingers.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2014
    Frem wrote: »

Rumors?

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    FreiFrei A French Prometheus Unbound DeadwoodRegistered User regular
    If you're not just obsessed with Japanese games, Sega is pretty cool these days. Publishing Creative Assembly games and acquiring Relic, a top notch strategy game studio after THQ's fall. Pushing for more PC ports, too.

Are you the magic man?
  • Options
    Akilae wrote: »
    And Bayonetta. Yes, it's on the WiiU, but Sega is still an idiot for letting it slip through their fingers.

Yeah, Sega deserves zero credit for Bayonetta 2. They canceled the game and it was totally dead until Nintendo picked it up and fully funded it. Sega deserves the middle finger for that one.

• Options
    AshtonDragonAshtonDragon AKA The Nix Registered User regular
    Any news regarding Valkyria Chronicles is good news, at this point, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not really interested in a PC port, but it's a small glimmer of hope that we could get to play the other games.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Any news regarding Valkyria Chronicles is good news, at this point, as far as I'm concerned. I'm not really interested in a PC port, but it's a small glimmer of hope that we could get to play the other games.

The series is a good fit for PC. Turn based strategy is more closely associated with the platform which has gotten some resurgence lately.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    GONG-00GONG-00 Registered User regular
    Black lives matter.
    Law and Order ≠ Justice
    ACNH Island Isla Cero: DA-3082-2045-4142
    Captain of the SES Comptroller of the State
    xu257gunns6e.png
This discussion has been closed.