My feet hurt from work.

Liiya on
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Oh :oops:

As you were, then.

Your black and white portrait is deceptively youthful

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Standing around behind a til for half a day is murder on the feet, yes

Too many places don't even give you chairs! Come on now, as if you look more unprofessional sitting down than you do grimacing in pain from your sore feet

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • LiiyaLiiya Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Nice save, Tef hahaha

Liiya on
    edited March 2011
    Tef wrote: »
    Oh :oops:

As you were, then.

Your black and white portrait is deceptively youthful

I look 12 but sound 50. I get that kind of confusion all the time, I don't find it offensive at this stage

If I didn't look so shit with a beard, I'd grow one and put paid to it!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • That Dave FellaThat Dave Fella Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    People think I look older than I am.

I can't really think of anything nice I did recently.

That Dave Fella on
    PSN: ThatDaveFella
    edited March 2011
    I'm completely haggard and I'm only 23!

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • FyndirFyndir Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Saw some friends for the first time in a while yesterday.

First thing they said, and all agreed on, was that I look very "professor-y".

I still don't know if that is a compliment, or if it means I look old, or what, and I didn't want to ask.

I'm only 23, damnit.

Fyndir on
  • WietWiet Mao Mao Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    People always think me a lot older than I actually am. Like people guessing me 20+ when I was 16. Not sure how to feel about it.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Wiet I was surprised that you hadn't turned 20 yet.

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    edited March 2011
    Fyndir wrote: »
    Saw some friends for the first time in a while yesterday.

First thing they said, and all agreed on, was that I look very "professor-y".

I still don't know if that is a compliment, or if it means I look old, or what, and I didn't want to ask.

I'm only 23, damnit.

Maybe they mean in the way the David Tennant looks professor-y. That is good!

Liiya on
  • GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wouldn't Matt Smith be more professor-y with the tweed and everything?

Gatsby on
    edited March 2011
    I did think that, but I think its easier for the average man to pull of the Tennant-professor look than the Matt Smith-professor look. Though I do prefer Matt Smith.

Liiya on
    edited March 2011
    Liiya wrote: »

Oh yeah.

David Tennant all up in this.
    Meclearer.jpg
    ladies :winky:

Fyndir on
    edited March 2011
    But he's The Doctor, not The Professor! None of you are making any sense!

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited March 2011

Oh yeah.

David Tennant all up in this.
    Meclearer.jpg
    ladies :winky:

It is the hair, it is styled back in a professional way, that is what they mean. And that you are dressed smartly!

Ah well, Doctor Who doesn't need to make sense. At least, thats my excuse.

Liiya on
  • SomestickguySomestickguy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I remember like a year ago me and a friend were having lunch in the park, and an old lady fell over near the entrance. So yeah, we got her an ambulance and helped them out when they got there, and got a nice warm fuzzy feeling as a reward.

Always feels great when I can show someone that not everyone our age are complete morons.

Somestickguy on
  • MKRMKR Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Weird coincidence helping is the best. I was headed to the grocery store a couple months ago, and had to turn around halfway to get something I forgot. I got to the store, park, get out, and hear clicking. The guy in front of me couldn't get his car started.

Then the freezing rain starts. It took some fumbling with the stupid side post battery in my car, but my hands didn't go too numb before we got the two connected long enough for him to start his. That guy probably had a lot of better days after that.

I would've been in the store when he tried to crank it if not for the delay, and he would have waited a long time for help. D:

Even crazier: I only had jumper cables because my battery kept going dead (fixed by disconnecting the broken lock switches).

MKR on
    edited March 2011
    It is the hair, it is styled back in a professional way, that is what they mean. And that you are dressed smartly!

Man, I don't dress like that all the time.

Normally it's just a shirt without the tie...and often a pen in the shirt pocket...

oh god, I even sound old.:(

Fyndir on
    edited March 2011
    Fyndir, I'd sooner look like a teacher than a hobo.

...be right back, gonna shave.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited March 2011
    What is wrong with a shirt? A shirt is a good look. Don't be daft. And I tell you, I have a million pens in my handbag.

Liiya on
    edited March 2011
    I have to wear that kind of shirt about every day, I don't feel old because of it.

Yet.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
    edited March 2011
    I prefer dark shirts anyway. Otherwise I feel like I'm still in school...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
    edited March 2011
    What is wrong with a shirt? A shirt is a good look. Don't be daft. And I tell you, I have a million pens in my handbag.

I think it's the crushing realisation that the last time I wore a t-shirt was when my shirts were all in the wash, and I wasn't going outside further than the local Spar, and I actually have no good reason to wear shirts that often, I'm at college doing a scum level course and currently between jobs, and it had never occurred to me in that way before, but god damnit, I have turned old without noticing.

Next step: A suit for every day of the week, worn regardless of circumstances. :(

Fyndir on
    edited March 2011
    In many ways i'm glad that my work has a very strict dress code based on safety standards. It makes choosing what you're going to wear for the day that much easier

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    edited March 2011

I think it's the crushing realisation that the last time I wore a t-shirt was when my shirts were all in the wash, and I wasn't going outside further than the local Spar, and I actually have no good reason to wear shirts that often, I'm at college doing a scum level course and currently between jobs, and it had never occurred to me in that way before, but god damnit, I have turned old without noticing.

Next step: A suit for every day of the week, worn regardless of circumstances. :(

What's wrong with that though? Heck, if I could afford to wear dresses everyday of the week then I would. Looking smart is a good thing. You have not turned old. You have just started dressing in a more formal, and probably, classy way. T-shirts are good as long as they fit well.

NaS on here wears a suit every day of the week and he looks dapper as hell, he always looks fantastic.

edit: I agree Tef, though sometimes having to wear black and an apron at work gets old. I look pale as a ghost in it, and not very professional.

Liiya on
    edited March 2011
    What's wrong with that though?

I guess, technically, nothing, it's just pining for my youth.

I miss having long hair, sometimes. :(:(

Fyndir on
    edited March 2011
    What's wrong with that though?

I guess, technically, nothing, it's just pining for my youth.

I miss having long hair, sometimes. :(:(

You look just fine to me, chin up.

Liiya on
    edited March 2011
    You look just fine to me, chin up.

Oh, well.

:oops::oops:

Fyndir on
    edited March 2011
    I thought you looked dapper in that photo, fyndir. Is that what you're classing as long hair or did you have it long than that?

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • zen-zen- Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I still work in blockbusters, and it's quite nice that I get a lot of chances to give people free shit and generally do favours for nice customers.

Probably not working out well for the shop, but giving out free rentals makes my day a bit nicer.

zen- on
  • Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I don't really receive a lot of random acts of kindness, but people that aren't customers are generally nice to me, so no complaints.

Sara Lynn on
    edited March 2011
    A friend of mine is doing a Swimathon for charity, and a complete stranger just stumbled across his sponorship page and pledged £10, which was nice to hear!

Speaking of which my sister is abseiling down the Civic Centre in late April for Mencap. Time for an annoying flashing SPONSOR MY SISTER link in my sig I reckon...

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • jippeejippee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sara Lynn wrote: »
    I don't really receive a lot of random acts of kindness, but people that aren't customers are generally nice to me, so no complaints.

Acts of kindness are never about receiving. People being nice to you are acts of kindness. In a world where every costumer is right, we're lucky that some people have manners.

jippee on
    Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump

• HeavyVillainHeavyVillain Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    When i was much younger I got hit by a car. I was like 6.

I dont remember this at all, but a trainee nurse rushed over and helped my dad and talked us all through it. Stopped me panicking and all that. I had broken ribs and a crushed shoulder and for all she knew mightve popped a lung or something

Sure you coud say it was her job or whatever, but either way she probably saved my life I reckon. I was lucky she was so near when it happened

HeavyVillain on
    edited March 2011
    Look at this thread being all nice.

Wiet on
    XStly.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Tef wrote: »
    I thought you looked dapper in that photo, fyndir. Is that what you're classing as long hair or did you have it long than that?

There are too many compliments, I fear my head shall soon swell.

Excuse me while I dig into Photobucket for a couple of photos.
    Inside joke to the max.
    StephenFryIsMePart2.jpg

High School, also to the max!
    MeandTony.jpg

I believe it ended up longer than it was in that photo, I remember it reaching my waist, or thereabouts, at one stage.

So, anyway, nice things.

On an eerily regular basis, little old ladies at the supermarket will insist that I go ahead of them, and I do not know why, they do this despite my objections that I really have no problem waiting or anything.

I guess that is them doing a nice things!

Fyndir on
    edited March 2011
    I think go with short hair, but that just might be me because i'm not a fan of any dude with long hair.

Tef on

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    edited March 2011
    That is very long hair. Mine wasn't quite that long.

I think you look much better with the short hair.

Liiya on
  • jippeejippee Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Generally, I'm a very polite person. I keep doors open for people, give thanks to whoever serves me in whatever supermarket/shop, etc. all the time. But this one time, I punched someone in the face. In Holland - As I'm sure is social law mostly everywhere - You let people off a train/bus/tram before trying to enter it. It makes perfect sense. The more guys get out, the more space there's for you to get in. This one guy and his family (from indianish-asian decent) rushed in before anyone got a chance to get out. It was so shockingly rude I actually punched him in the face and said "The train doesn't leave before everyone's in, what's your fucking deal asshole." He looked at me very angry for that. I'm not sorry.

jippee on
    Nellie the elephant packed her trunk
    and trundled off to the jungle
    off she rode with a trumpety trump
    trump trump trump