As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chaos] CitOW Game 77 - In doldari's 6th Old World, who will be able to destroy it?

12345679»

• Options
    BlackRaiderBlackRaider Registered User regular
    0 hit to Bretonnia.
    0 hit to Estalia.
    0 hit to The Badlands.

Conguration MrBody.

• Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    You missed? Did I just win my first game ever?

Hard to tell with Call to Arms. Lemme see.....

Norsca ruins, Bretonnia just barely ruins, Badlands ruin.

52 Khorne 50 Tzeentch?

That was close. Just one of my cultists killed in Bretonnia and it would have failed.

MrBody on
  • Options
    peskypesky Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    1 hit for one dead peasant in the Border Princes.

Congrats mr.BodySegatai!

pesky on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Ouch didn't even see that. Horned Rat final total is 54.

Wow that was a close 3 way finish.

First time with an expert deck. Although it provides a few twists, I don't think I'd ever vote to play with it again. It's just too lopsided with which gods it affects.

MrBody on
  • Options
    doldaridoldari Registered User regular
    edited June 2012
    Round 4-4. Battle Phases

game77state44.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! - During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.
    High Elf Protection - Each Event token increases a region's Resistance value by two.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies.
    Lepers - When your Lepers place at least one corruption token in a region during the corruption phase, you may place one additional corruption token in that region.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)
    Vermin Lord - You may summon a Vermin Lord from the board (rather than from your stockpile) for 1 power.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.) and Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions.)
    Troll Country : Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.)
    The Empire : Verminous Horde (If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.)
    Bretonnia : Daemonic Subtlety (Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase.) and Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.)
    Tilea : Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points.) and Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points.)
    The Border Princes : Creeping Death (If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region.)
    The Badlands : Quicken Decay (When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point.) and Creeping Death (If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region.)

Battle Dice
    Norsca : Havoc! +2 Corruption DAC
    Bretonnia : 4 Dice, 1 Dice
    Estalia : 2 Dice, 1 Dice
    Tilea : 2 Dice
    The Border Princes : 2 Dice
    The Badlands : 1 Dice, 1 Dice, 3 Dice

doldari on
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    Round 4-5. Corruption Phases

game77state45.png

- Old World Card Effects
    Call to Arms! - During the corruption phase, reduce the total number of corruption tokens that each player places in each region by one.
    High Elf Protection - Each Event token increases a region's Resistance value by two.

- Upgrade Effects
    Bloodsworn - Each Bloodworn counts as two figures toward your domination value of any region that it occupies.
    Lepers - When your Lepers place at least one corruption token in a region during the corruption phase, you may place one additional corruption token in that region.
    Horrors - When you play a Chaos card with a magic symbol, you may immediately summon a Horror to that region for 0 power.
    Daemonettes - When you summon a Daemonette into a region, you may take control of an opponent's Cultist in that region until the end of the turn. (Place the Cultist next to the Daemonette as a reminder.)
    Vermin Lord - You may summon a Vermin Lord from the board (rather than from your stockpile) for 1 power.

- Chaos Card Effects
    Norsca : Havoc (Instead of rolling battle dice in this region, all Warriors and Greater Daemons each place one corruption token during the battle phase.) and Glean (This region is considered adjacent to all other regions.)
    Troll Country : Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.)
    The Empire : Verminous Horde (If you have more figures than a single other player, the cost for your opponents to summon figures to this region, and play Chaos cards in this region, is increased by one.)
    Bretonnia : Daemonic Subtlety (Your Warriors and Greater Daemons in this region each place one corruption during the corruption phase.) and Bloodbath (Place one corruption token for each enemy figure you kill in this region.)
    Tilea : Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points.) and Doomwheel (If you dominate this region, score three victory points.)
    The Border Princes : Creeping Death (If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region.)
    The Badlands : Quicken Decay (When an opponent summons a figure to or from this region, score one victory point.) and Creeping Death (If you dominate this region, place one corruption token in each adjacent region.)

Domination Step
    Norsca : +1VP
    The Empire : +5VP DAC
    Bretonnia : +5VP
    Tilea : +2VP DAC, +6VP from Doomwheel
    The Border Princes : +1VP, +1 Corruption in Norsca, The Empire, Bretonnia, Tilea, The Badlands, but don't place because of Call to Arms!

Corruption Step
    Norsca : +4 DAC
    Bretonnia : +3, +3 DAC, Ruined
    The Border Princes : +2 DAC
    The Badlands : +2, +1, Ruined

Check for Ruination
    Bretonnia 3rd : +4VP, +4VP
    The Badlands : +5VP, +5VP, +5VP

Updated VP
    37 + 5 + 4 = 46VP
    19 + 1 + 5 = 25VP
    29 + 1 + 5 = 35VP
    19 + 4 = 23VP
    23 + 5 + 5 + 6 = 39VP

doldari on
  • Options
    SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    Your still missing the skaven in tilea

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    SeGaTai wrote: »
    Your still missing the skaven in tilea

I do not know where it went. I'll changed it.

• Options
    Round 4-6. End Phases

game77state48.png

1. Remove Chaos Cards from the Board.

2. Hero Tokens are resolved.
    The Empire : Clan Rat
    Bretonnia : Bloodsworn
    Estalia : Bloodletter
    The Badlands : Leper

3. Resolve Old World cards.

4. Score Ruined Regions.
    Bretonnia : +9 VP, +4 VP
    The Badlands : +8 VP, +2 VP, +2 VP

5. Advance Threat Dials - Each god ticks once.
    23- Upgrade
    22 - Upgrade
    20 - Upgrade
    19 - Upgrade
    12 - Score 3 VP

Updated VP
    46 + 4 = 50VP
    25VP
    35 + 2 = 37VP
    23 + 9 + 8 = 40VP
    39 + 2 + 3 = 44VP

6. Check for Game end

KHORNE WINS A VP VICTORY!

• Options
    edited June 2012
    E-

SeGaTai on
    PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    Final

Doldari's 6th Old World was destroyed at the hand of a MrBody.
    But, survivors wander to find a different world.
    Finally, they will move other's world, Doldari's 5th Old World.

Who will be able to destroy Doldari's 5th Old World?
    You shall see.

game77state49.png

Congratulation, MrBody.

• Options
    Now I see it, needed the other creeping death to win it, congrats mrbody

PSN SeGaTai
  • Options
    edited June 2012
    WOOOOOOOOooooooow, most miscalculated winners in a game ever? o_O

I have no clue how I missed that Norsca wouldn't ruin. I've lost count of how many times Call to Arms messed up my calculations. I also had no clue that domination falls under the corruption phase and thought Creeping Death would be unaffected by Call to Arms.

Who knew Khorne could pull a card delay strategy? I saw the possible exact 50 point opportunity if I could get Bretonnia to ruin that turn, but I was scared to death the entire time that the Vermin lord would go there and kill me. At the end I realized Call to Arms would require all 4 of my cultists to survive in order to ruin the region (or score 4 hits and kill all Slaneesh cultists). It all came down to a 50/50 chance of Slaneesh scoring a hit.

That was definitely the craziest last turn I ever saw.

MrBody on
  • Options
    susansusan Registered User regular
    Daaaaaaaaaaaamn, that was interesting :) . I was counting on the double Creeping Death to ruin Norsca, and I was actually quite surprised more people didn't jump in on the Norsca Corruption Train for easy VP at the end. I put down Glean for a reason, people.

2010 PAX DM Challenge Grand Champion
    2011 PAX Warmachine/Hordes Champion