As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Disgaea]: D2 Out On Steam, D5 Coming To Nintendo Switch

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    azith28 wrote: »
    If someone wants to write a good guide to reincarnation, That would be great.

Well to expand on what I had posted above:

- unlock carnage dimension
    - with fully maxed out and populated alchemy squad, create a carnage eclair
    - with fully maxed out skill squad, put a pirate with geo blast as the leader and add the others you want to level
    - enter the carnage eclair hoping for geo symbols
    - geo blast all of them with different characters
    - generic characters can be reincarnated to monsters temporarily and magichange onto people using geo blast to max their class levels too; pass dual magichange bill and you can level 5 peoples' classes with one blast
    - Mr. Gency out, change classes if mastered and dive back in

- once all classes are mastered on a character, they are ready to reincarnate
    - be sure they have enough mana to reincarnate as a genius
    - put all bonus genius stats into HP because that is the only stat that is seemingly uncapped, everything else doesn't need those bonus stats
    - make them start at level 1 so they can get growth bonuses the whole way
    - max out your Elite Four squad and put them in it which grants a lot of extra stat growth
    - have them equip the Raised Flag, which is a sword that grants +10% stat growth while leveling, which you get from doing a quest to have explored 15 netherworlds or something
    - have them equip as many of the 5 HP growth evilities as you can: Tough Guy, Extreme Tough Guy, Intense Tough Guy, Super Tough Guy, Ultimate Tough Guy, the last 2 of which can only be gotten from the item world
    - level them to 9999 which will result in 10 million base stats across the board, which is as high as they can get

Then you need shards and extracts to get another 10 million, and evilities that multiply that by up to 100%, for 40 million before items. Chara world grind to 300% aptitudes...

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    azith28azith28 Registered User regular
    Hum. im still holding off on using my shard items until i get my maid skill maxed for that evility that lets you use one item on 5 people. its taking forever. I will need to do some reincarnating and releveling to get through the carnage dimension questline before i can do your eclair trick....things just have way too much health even for metallia who is max level. maybe i could up her terra star attack level to the point where i could beat those levels...

Stercus, Stercus, Stercus, Morituri Sum
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Hum. im still holding off on using my shard items until i get my maid skill maxed for that evility that lets you use one item on 5 people. its taking forever. I will need to do some reincarnating and releveling to get through the carnage dimension questline before i can do your eclair trick....things just have way too much health even for metallia who is max level. maybe i could up her terra star attack level to the point where i could beat those levels...

It should be noted that while the evility that lets your heal items affect adjacent allies is from Maid, you don't have to be a Maid once you've unlocked it. So I would make your main character reincarnate into a Maid, clear LoC Martial 4 a couple of times, then Reincarnate to another class. You'll want your main to be benefiting from these stat boosts anyway.

If you're not up to Land of Carnage, use your shards on your main generic character. You can quickly farm shards later, and having better clear speed will lessen the amount of time required to get to this farming state.

Also, it doesn't hurt once you start hitting 10k mana to reincarnate into a class that has some useful skills (like Pirate) and only getting four or five stars before Reincarnating again. This will give you more evilities, skills, and base stats. Just make sure you're at Genius or at least one level below. Early on dump your points into Int if using spells or attack if using weapons. Later on you can move those to HP via reincarnation.

When you reincarnate, use Elite Four team and Raised Flag as noted previously. This will get you to the +100% stat growth cap.

Once the Item World is available, use it some. Take your main characters weapon and run it up to level 20 or so. It makes a huge difference. Don't item world non-weapon items until much later in the game.

• Options
    PenumbraPenumbra Registered User regular
    I haven't figured it out yet, but what do I do with these secret scrolls I keep getting from quest rewards? I'm only in chapter 2, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about them.

Switch Friend Code: 6359-7575-9391
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    yeah, i know about the subclass maid thing, im on my last star, its just slowww.... Up to this point the only items ive been diving into are the lower level 'all stat' items. I'm saving the higher level ones for when im ready to do a full dive. I suppose i could do a few levels in a weapon or two, but pre carnage it seems like the numbers it gives are kinda tiny compared to reincarnating and leveling at the moment.

Even with 20 stars, non carnage enemies kinda max out at about level 4-5k.

azith28 on
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Penumbra wrote: »
    I haven't figured it out yet, but what do I do with these secret scrolls I keep getting from quest rewards? I'm only in chapter 2, but I haven't seen anything mentioned about them.

Just use them from the item menu, they teach the spell or evility they're named after.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular

They give skills/evilities. Look at the description.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options

Tips:

- make sure your cheat shop is at 0 stars
    - have Plenair standing around in a safe place (increases ally stats by 10%)
    - have a chimera standing around in a safe place (decrease enemy stats by 5%)
    - cast professor's magic boost for +30% to her spells
    - cast cleric's spiritual gain for other small boosts to her spells
    - if you are having trouble on the very last fight against the prinny overlord...
    He's a prinny! Throw another prinny at him and he will explode, and deal tons of damage to his buddies in the process. You can't throw him though, he has an evility that prevents lifting. Also you will want to beat him legit at some point, but for now, yeah you can use that just to get past him.

I may have had an easier time since I used Killia with his great overload.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    I managed to do the level. I buffed up terra star to level 6, then nuked then played keep away by running and tossing metallia out of range, rinse repeat since her range was so large. So Carnage unlocked, and im making an eclair as we speak.

My first thought about the prinny was to throw it, then i saw his evility that prevented it and didnt think about tossing another prinny at him. I figured that would just do flat damage, not cause a chain reaction. Either way, i got an evility slot for doing it this way anyway :)

• Options
    edited June 2017
    What! I didn't think that got you the slot?!

Anyway, be prepared for a long grind because maxing all classes take a long time...not long to blast the geo symbols, but you spend so much time going out and changing classes in the assembly constantly. Definitely move your NPCs all to a central location with the editor if you haven't already.

What I said above about making generics into monsters and magichanging them is a big help, because often there will only be one or two symbols you can hit.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    how do you recruit plaenir anyway? she isn't at the extra content vendor. do I actually have to play through all the dlc to get her

• Options
    Jars wrote: »
    how do you recruit plaenir anyway? she isn't at the extra content vendor. do I actually have to play through all the dlc to get her

Proposals to become her friend at the assembly. There are like 3 of them before she gets added to the extra content vendor.

• Options
    TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    I believe it's 100, 1K, and then 10K mana cost bills. The DA are also against passing it so bring bribes.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • Options
    bribes...HA.

Just bring a bunch of cloriform.

• Options

Anyway, be prepared for a long grind because maxing all classes take a long time...not long to blast the geo symbols, but you spend so much time going out and changing classes in the assembly constantly. Definitely move your NPCs all to a central location with the editor if you haven't already.

What I said above about making generics into monsters and magichanging them is a big help, because often there will only be one or two symbols you can hit.

I think i read somewhere that doing that level, whoever gets the killing blow on the prinny will give you a free evility slot (Once per character). course only metallia can do it at the moment but he only has like 10million health, so im sure its doable kinda soon with more people.

• Options

I think i read somewhere that doing that level, whoever gets the killing blow on the prinny will give you a free evility slot (Once per character). course only metallia can do it at the moment but he only has like 10million health, so im sure its doable kinda soon with more people.

Yeah I knew the killing blow got you the slot but I didn't think exploding him counted (since there wasn't really a killing blow). If that works though I might just toss Prinnies at him with everyone.

• Options

Yeah I knew the killing blow got you the slot but I didn't think exploding him counted (since there wasn't really a killing blow). If that works though I might just toss Prinnies at him with everyone.

It doesn't. You've misread what he wrote.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    ArcTangent wrote: »
    It doesn't. You've misread what he wrote.

Oh oh I read it as, he hadn't thought about throwing a prinny at him, but my post led him to try it and then he got the slot. I got it now.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    I think I delved too deep into the Item World, now that I'm back to the story I'm pretty much invincible. Stacking speed on Zeroken is fun, with Nirrti equipped he turns into an invulnerable deathball. I'm reading online that Nirrti is apparently bugged, though, and triggers off of healing items (twice for hp/mp items)?

One thing that new players should be aware of that I took a while to realize myself is that the character-based skills trigger off of the same stats as the equipped weapon, rather than being fixed. Did it work like that in earlier Disgaeas?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    I think I delved too deep into the Item World, now that I'm back to the story I'm pretty much invincible. Stacking speed on Zeroken is fun, with Nirrti equipped he turns into an invulnerable deathball. I'm reading online that Nirrti is apparently bugged, though, and triggers off of healing items (twice for hp/mp items)?

One thing that new players should be aware of that I took a while to realize myself is that the character-based skills trigger off of the same stats as the equipped weapon, rather than being fixed. Did it work like that in earlier Disgaeas?

No, it didn't. They had fixed attributes to scale on.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options

Nirrti is indeed bugged and will trigger off of items, as well as the regen effect given by curries. It's fairly immaterial for late post game since the stat bonus cap for evilities is pretty easy to reach.

Character skills do not work like that in previous Disgaeas.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    DaringDirkDaringDirk Daddy CEO Oakland, CARegistered User regular

Nirrti is indeed bugged and will trigger off of items, as well as the regen effect given by curries. It's fairly immaterial for late post game since the stat bonus cap for evilities is pretty easy to reach.

Disgaii? Disgaean? Disgaeai?

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    DaringDirk wrote: »

Disgaeae?

Is there any way to determine what they actually do without savescumming or looking outside the game?

jothki on
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    DaringDirk wrote: »

Disgaeae?

Is there any way to determine what they actually do without savescumming or looking outside the game?

...By looking at the description?

E:
    Oh, if you mean what the evilities do, by looking them up in the Evility purchasing thingy. They're all generic stuff and mostly pretty self-evident. 99% of them are just useful for converting to mana in the early game anyway.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular

After you select a scroll but before you select a character to use it on the description changes to a description of the spell/evility. It's easy to miss.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    I was just having trouble with that the other night. I've been buying these epic final skill abilities for all the different weapon types but I don't remember which is which in scroll form, and the description isn't helpful.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited June 2017
    man.... finished main quest.

1) the story really picks up in a nice way at the end. middle chapters kinda not so great. End was very satifying.

2) i knew there was alot to do post game. I did not realize there is an entire new chaos dimension version of the game with a whole another tier of gear (as in 1-40 again) that dwarfs even the toppest of regular tier loot. That you pretty much have to grind to even enter (relatively small grind via martial training).... I am close to taking my first steps into the real game. 125 hours into disgaea 5. Man.....

125 is not an efficient run. i treat this game like candy crush. I do 10 item levels here. I do them there. Severely over levels for the main game, but i enjoy the item level grind.

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    mojojoeo wrote: »

1) the story really picks up in a nice way at the end. middle chapters kinda not so great. End was very satifying.

2) i knew there was alot to do post game. I did not realize there is an entire new chaos dimension version of the game with a whole another tier of gear (as in 1-40 again) that dwarfs even the toppest of regular tier loot. That you pretty much have to grind to even enter (relatively small grind via martial training).... I am close to taking my first steps into the real game. 125 hours into disgaea 5. Man.....

125 is not an efficient run. i treat this game like candy crush. I do 10 item levels here. I do them there. Severely over levels for the main game, but i enjoy the item level grind.

A guy on reddit posted that his best run of the main game to unlocking carnage dimension was only 92 minutes. I have no idea how he managed that.

Martial training is only going to get you 9999 levels. it wont get you to a point where you can fight LoC enemies until you do the subclass/reincarnate grind.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Hmm I think I unlocked carnage at like 70 hours or something. First time I really got in deep to a Disgaea game, and I did use a lot of tips for power leveling through. I'm at 95 hours now and have a full 5 man, level 9999, 10 million stat setup for Land Decimator. Working on getting shards and extracts to get to 20 million.

UncleSporky on
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

A guy on reddit posted that his best run of the main game to unlocking carnage dimension was only 92 minutes. I have no idea how he managed that.

Martial training is only going to get you 9999 levels. it wont get you to a point where you can fight LoC enemies until you do the subclass/reincarnate grind.

If you can one shot martial training 4 you should start LOC as the gear is so much better its better to do the grind there.

Or so im told.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If you can one shot martial training 4 you should start LOC as the gear is so much better its better to do the grind there.

I would say the gear doesn't matter too much at that point. Yes it is vastly better, but it's a situation like...old gear has hundreds of stat points, mid tier carnage gear has ten thousands of stat points, but your character has millions. It's like going from a 0.001% boost to a 1% boost.

You will want specific awesome carnage gear which has been leveled in the item world, and also characters with aptitude that has been boosted in the chara world.

UncleSporky on
  • Options

Or so im told.

Well yeah but I had to struggle greatly to finish the carnage unlocking questline with a 9999 metallia that i had never reincarnated. The Health and damage coming from carnage mobs are way beyond martial training 4.

• Options

Or so im told.

Well yeah but I had to struggle greatly to finish the carnage unlocking questline with a 9999 metallia that i had never reincarnated. The Health and damage coming from carnage mobs are way beyond martial training 4.

Unlocking Carnage isn't as much for fighting things and picking up carnage items as it is getting that first 10 mil in stats from the subclass mastering. That will vault you through the rest of the stuff quite handily and gets you enough to farm shards at a good clip. Those two things are all you really need to take out the penultimate carnage boss, the one that gets you the "leech 10 mil more stats" evility with the appropriate setups.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    This series is nuts, I'm sitting here at like 23 in the curry chapter, all excited because I stole a bunch of 150 atk weapons last night and you guys are talking about stats in the millions. I love it.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Carpy wrote: »
    This series is nuts, I'm sitting here at like 23 in the curry chapter, all excited because I stole a bunch of 150 atk weapons last night and you guys are talking about stats in the millions. I love it.

Growth isn't linear. As you clear each plateau, you catapult to the next. Like, you go straight from the 30-50k (IIRC) stats needed to unlock Carnage to 40 mil. Aaaaand there are ways of cheating past the barriers of entry most of the time using even just level 1 units, most notably for the best leveling stage in the game, and for the Carnage unlock stage. Of course, you have to actually get to those stages, but they're a drastic leap up in power to try to stop you. But simplicity and shortness makes them extra vulnerable to cheese strats.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Like, you go straight from the 30-50k (IIRC) stats needed to unlock Carnage to 40 mil.

Well, not quite. 10 million, yeah. 40 is a lot of work, I am finding out.

• Options
    Like, you go straight from the 30-50k (IIRC) stats needed to unlock Carnage to 40 mil.

Well, not quite. 10 million, yeah. 40 is a lot of work, I am finding out.

Once you get to 10, you can farm shards pretty efficiently, which gets you to 20 base, or 40 mil with evilities doubling it. That's about as far as I got before taking out Carnage Void.

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    I've been working on it off and on for a few days and only have a couple million worth of stats in shards and extracts. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Land Decimator team doing carnage Asagi map at about 10 stars, I don't one hit kill all of them, boss takes a couple rounds but I get better extracts out of it than at 5 star.

• Options
    I've been working on it off and on for a few days and only have a couple million worth of stats in shards and extracts. Maybe I'm doing it wrong. Land Decimator team doing carnage Asagi map at about 10 stars, I don't one hit kill all of them, boss takes a couple rounds but I get better extracts out of it than at 5 star.

Trade in that Land Decimator for a Metallia, and be sure to amp her the fuck up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oVDSh_5c7A

ztrEPtD.gif
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    Well, that looks like the same game I'm playing, but...

aeNqQM9.jpg